Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station

+11
lukester
JuanST
forte1978
qbear
melburn
aural
joepele
daleo
Terrier
Dummyhalf
Friendlyfool
15 posters

Go down

car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station

Post by Friendlyfool 17th December 2009, 11:29 pm

hi bros ,
my car was scratched at Shell station tonight while pumping petrol, went out to pay petrol then come back my wife tell me the a van pulled up opp and was too close thus scratch the rear of car. as a first time car owner, not sure what to do ...so i immediately take photo and note the license plate of van plus exchange contact details. To be honest the van driver quite honest, he is from a transport company thus offered me to follow him to the workshop he frequents immediately. I went and told the workshop owner together with the van driver that I need the car on Monday (21 Dec 09) as I was supposed to be my cousin's wedding brother. The workshop owner say I can leave overnight today and it will be nicely resprayed and collect tomorrow nite... now I am worried, although the van driver assured me that I no need to pay anything....I wonder what they will do to my car and will they claim insurance against me? It was not my fault too....
need some advise...

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty Re: car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station

Post by Dummyhalf 17th December 2009, 11:36 pm

prepare a black and white lor...
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Empty Re: car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station

Post by Friendlyfool 17th December 2009, 11:38 pm

how to prepare black & white?
I called AIG & they tell me to send my car back to C&C although i just to inform them i kena accident but non-claim

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 17th December 2009, 11:42 pm

Then you have to be very careful..if the van driver is sincere he should just ask the workshop to carry out the work and settle the bill then and there.

If they called up AIG it maybe they have the intention to claim against your insurance.

Is the van driver driving company vehicle? ever thought exploring claiming against the company instead?
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 17th December 2009, 11:45 pm

its just scratches - paint come out, no dent...
no they didnt call AIG, sorry typo, I call instead because my bro says best to inform them too so they have a record

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 17th December 2009, 11:49 pm

then where is your ride now? C&C or the other workshop?
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 17th December 2009, 11:52 pm

other workshop...collect tmrw nite coz its an OPC

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 17th December 2009, 11:55 pm

hmm...wait and see how the bill is going to be settle lor? just pray that the other driver is really really honest.
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 17th December 2009, 11:57 pm

i did this based on trust, hope my judgement is not wrong

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 18th December 2009, 12:04 am

as long u got the other parties name, contact no., address and NRIC no. then its ok..

if u still feel unsecured, u should ask him to write a black/white that stated he will fully liability on the dmg caused..

anyway next time such things happen.. just get all the info, black and white together with photos.. after that send to your OWN workshop, get it repaired then send the invoice to him..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by daleo 18th December 2009, 12:12 am

you may want to make a report with your insurer (AIG) in this case for filing if you want to play safe.
daleo
daleo

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 18th December 2009, 12:25 am

I tried but they ask me to bring my car down to C&C for assessment.... I already left at the other workshop

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 18th December 2009, 12:41 am

Juz hope they wont change their words...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 18th December 2009, 1:09 am

I got a sms from the van driver confirming he will bear the respray costs.

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 18th December 2009, 1:27 am

Bro, the customer hotline will tell u to bring down to C&C for sure to check. End of the day, they are supposed to advise you not to settle privately.

However if you wish to settle privately, have a discharge of liability from the other party (also for his own protection) signed and fax over to AIG can already.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 18th December 2009, 1:57 am

Yup normally for such cases the workshop will prepare an agreement form signed by both parties saying that the claim is settled.

At least tats what my workshop does.

car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Icon_wink
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by qbear 18th December 2009, 10:17 am

other workshop huh... *paranoid*

Scarli they strip your car.. Next time best to go to one you frequent instead of the other way around
qbear
qbear

Back to top Go down

Post by forte1978 18th December 2009, 10:26 am

becos your car is new and if you go to outside workshop for repair,C&C might void your warranty....
forte1978
forte1978

Back to top Go down

Post by daleo 18th December 2009, 10:32 am

Bro, I suggest you use this private settlement form. So that you have a black & white in case anything nasty happens later.
You keep a copy, the van driver keep a copy.

http://sgcarpark.wikispaces.com/file/view/PrivateSettlement.pdf

Getting involved in accidents is a nasty and troublesome event. I know that cos i deal with motor insurance and my clients do get involve in accidents every now and then. They will need someone with a clear mind to advise them at that very point of time.
Hope that helps.
daleo
daleo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th December 2009, 10:37 am

is this second time round?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 18th December 2009, 10:43 am

yeah just fille the private settlement form.
he sign a part u sign yours on the form.

as for warranty... its not accident la, it just a scratch, CnC wont void ur warranty because of that. anyway, they wont cover cosmetic warranty, whats there to worry.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 18th December 2009, 11:44 am

no worries, nothing to do with claiming of insurance..if u really worry, called AIG and told them what happened for recording purposes....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 18th December 2009, 1:15 pm

qbear wrote:other workshop huh... *paranoid*

Scarli they strip your car.. Next time best to go to one you frequent instead of the other way around

Omg strip the car?

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 18th December 2009, 1:59 pm

Anyway just ensure the paint job is to your satisfaction. File with aig for recording purpose as mentioned. Keep us dated on the cost for the repair. Mayb some bros might be interested.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by soundphile 18th December 2009, 7:29 pm

ppl bang u, not e other way round, so ball is in ur court.. nvm, since now do already, let it be.

touch wood, if in an event tat it's not ur fault, u jus drive to CnC to repair and ask the person who bang u to foot the total bill. If he dun wan, jus claim his insurance, simple as that..

soundphile

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 18th December 2009, 8:56 pm

ermm seems like the van driver is being honest and very assuring already.... TS is worrying too much lah...
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 18th December 2009, 11:36 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:i did this based on trust, hope my judgement is not wrong

so whats the outcome? your ride ok when you collected?
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by qbear 19th December 2009, 12:06 am

Friendlyfool wrote:
qbear wrote:other workshop huh... *paranoid*

Omg strip the car?

In singapore.. it shld be safe lah...so long as the workshop is not fly by nite type

Overseas... best not to..
qbear
qbear

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 19th December 2009, 12:13 am

not really..some workshop here are really pain in the S. Some of them even teach you how to cheat the insurance company. becos of all these idiots our insurance sky rocket like nobody business dogeyes
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 19th December 2009, 12:52 am

Dummyhalf wrote:not really..some workshop here are really pain in the S. Some of them even teach you how to cheat the insurance company. becos of all these idiots our insurance sky rocket like nobody business car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station 699370

bro.. cause now u are having new ride and haven got into accident thats why u can comment this easily.. but when u really face into a serious accident.. i think u will follow their comments too because humans are like that.. nv feel the pain you wont shout pain! car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Icon_biggrin
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by oilman 19th December 2009, 7:34 am

i think the van driver more scared that you go and claim his insurance since his fault.

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 20th December 2009, 3:15 am

hi bros,
the ride is ok, repaired & resprayed... they even fix a dent in my pillar, that one I kiss the MSCP pillar..... settled..

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 20th December 2009, 8:55 am

good for u.....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 20th December 2009, 9:14 am

Terrier wrote:
Dummyhalf wrote:not really..some workshop here are really pain in the S. Some of them even teach you how to cheat the insurance company. becos of all these idiots our insurance sky rocket like nobody business car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station 699370

bro.. cause now u are having new ride and haven got into accident thats why u can comment this easily.. but when u really face into a serious accident.. i think u will follow their comments too because humans are like that.. nv feel the pain you wont shout pain! car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Icon_biggrin

no offence..i have face this before and thats why i dare to say it!

and please don't assume i comment this easily because of what you think. (i.e.i think u will follow their comments too because humans are like that.. nv feel the pain you wont shout pain! )

Others you can think that they talk out loud because they think or they heard. For me i don't ! thumbsup

Last edited by Dummyhalf on 20th December 2009, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 20th December 2009, 9:15 am

Friendlyfool wrote:hi bros,
the ride is ok, repaired & resprayed... they even fix a dent in my pillar, that one I kiss the MSCP pillar..... settled..

great! What a Face
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 20th December 2009, 6:04 pm

van driver prepare a document on his company letter that he bare all cost of repair and respray...he one step ahead of me car kena scratch at Shell Petrol Station Icon_biggrin .... haha i actually print the NTUC income private settlement form that a bro posted the link here, wanted him to sign

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down