Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Winter Wear - Korea Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Winter Wear - Korea Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Winter Wear - Korea Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Winter Wear - Korea Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Winter Wear - Korea Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Winter Wear - Korea Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Winter Wear - Korea Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Winter Wear - Korea Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Winter Wear - Korea Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Winter Wear - Korea

+4
lawrenceke
longbow
kapitan
NiVleK
8 posters

Go down

Winter Wear - Korea Empty Winter Wear - Korea

Post by NiVleK 11th December 2009, 7:30 am

Hey guys and gals, need some advice...

I am going to Korea come Christmas for 8 days...what to wear??? I have never been to winter countries before and still puzzled over the long john thing, sweater, pull over etc..

Thermal wear = long john?

Winter cannot wear short sleeve?

Can I dun wear those ugly thermal wear inside, then wear t-shirt and jacket? Will I freeze? LOL

Blur leh!
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Winter Wear - Korea Empty Re: Winter Wear - Korea

Post by kapitan 11th December 2009, 9:20 am

NiVleK wrote:Hey guys and gals, need some advice...

I am going to Korea come Christmas for 8 days...what to wear??? I have never been to winter countries before and still puzzled over the long john thing, sweater, pull over etc..

Can I dun wear those ugly thermal wear inside, then wear t-shirt and jacket? Will I freeze? LOL

Blur leh!

U will not freeze, just feel very cold...... what u need is a neck scarf, a pair of good gloves and good socks.... don't worry about shoes, as long as good socks, .... I normally wear sneakers..... or if office wear, I wear a pair of normal leather shoes as we wear in Spore..... oh yes, wear a cap too, since u are in casual, a ball cap can do.... wrap the scarf around just below chin, that will make you nice and warm.... Korea during Christmas while in Seoul will be 0 degrees and below..... a warm jacket plus above will do.... I never wear thermal in those temperatures.... unless below 10....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 11th December 2009, 10:45 am

Aei buy stuff back lei, I am sure Korea has lots of nice stuff for our cars Winter Wear - Korea Lol
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 11th December 2009, 10:47 am

longbow wrote:Aei buy stuff back lei, I am sure Korea has lots of nice stuff for our cars Winter Wear - Korea Lol

actually .... no... nothing, unless u have someone to bring you... at least for Japan in the big cities, you can find your way to Autobacs or Autosaver.... but in Korea.... zilch... that's why you have internet stores...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 11th December 2009, 12:43 pm

kapitan wrote:
NiVleK wrote:Hey guys and gals, need some advice...

Blur leh!

U will not freeze, just feel very cold...... what u need is a neck scarf, a pair of good gloves and good socks.... don't worry about shoes, as long as good socks, .... I normally wear sneakers..... or if office wear, I wear a pair of normal leather shoes as we wear in Spore..... oh yes, wear a cap too, since u are in casual, a ball cap can do.... wrap the scarf around just below chin, that will make you nice and warm.... Korea during Christmas while in Seoul will be 0 degrees and below..... a warm jacket plus above will do.... I never wear thermal in those temperatures.... unless below 10....

so actually thermal wear not very necessary la.

normal clothes + jacket + scarf + gloves + socks enough?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 15th December 2009, 8:55 am

i just came back from korea .. the temp is 0 to 5 degrees.. wear a thick jacket over there, as long as there is no wind, the temp is ok. But if got big wind, even with a thick jacket, u will feel cold.

Short sleeve shirt is a no no.. suicide if u wear this. I wore Army Boots over there and i don feel cold at all. But it is damn troublesome if u are going to restaurants where u have to take out shoes.. I guess it is snowing in Seoul now..
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 15th December 2009, 8:57 am

longbow wrote:Aei buy stuff back lei, I am sure Korea has lots of nice stuff for our cars Winter Wear - Korea Lol

walao.. i don see alot of "geng" fortes around.. in fact, i cant find a single forte till my last few days in Seoul.. I wonder where are all the accessories shops.. i asked my tour guide, he also don know... Winter Wear - Korea Icon_rolleyes
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 16th December 2009, 4:25 am

not too sure bout u... but for me, going to diz cold country where temp can drop to 0 deg... its better to bring thick jacket, gloves, scarf.... not forgetting e baby oil/lotion, lip gloss coz e cold weather dries up ur skin..
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 16th December 2009, 7:27 am

yeah...i just went uniqlo and winnings...spent almost 1K on winter clothing...told my wife that I think we overspent. LOL
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 16th December 2009, 7:35 am

NiVleK wrote:yeah...i just went uniqlo and winnings...spent almost 1K on winter clothing...told my wife that I think we overspent. LOL

then to have a good roi, plan the next few holidays in freezing countries... Winter Wear - Korea Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 16th December 2009, 8:40 am

This one looks like a shop with plenty of stuffs for cars. Print it out and show it to taxi driver.

Winter Wear - Korea Shop1
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 16th December 2009, 8:56 am

You can check this one out also:

Winter Wear - Korea Shop2
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 16th December 2009, 8:57 am

This one is even better. Got a map to show you where it is:

Winter Wear - Korea Shop3
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by alpineccm 16th December 2009, 11:20 am

It would be best if you wear several layers of clothing. The inner most layer can be a simple T-shirt that you can change everyday. The rest you should be able to wear a few days. This will help reduce the number of thick jackets/sweaters you'll need to bring. Also the reason for wearing several layers of clothing is that you will most probably walk in and out of buildings a few times, and some of the interior can be quite warm, so you would want to be able to remove some clothings easily depending on the ambient temperature.

Best if at least 1 of the clothing you wear is wind proof. Usually when it is windless and under the sun, you'll will not feel that cold even at O degC. However when the wind blows, it can get quite chilly. So best get a jacket which is wind proof.
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down