Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte*

+14
armstrong
jeRrRKKKK
psionix
scorpey
unlimitedz
FriesL
GnoMisH
forte3737
liplip
Spiritseye
Kaisu7165
xenocide
leedevil
chengwei
18 posters

Go down

Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte*

Post by chengwei 1st December 2009, 2:10 pm

recently found out that my forte can downgear to neutral without me stepping on the clutch. (only when i dun accelerate or only step abit on the accelerator)

how ar?

anyone got this problem?
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty Re: Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte*

Post by leedevil 1st December 2009, 3:58 pm

chengwei wrote:recently found out that my forte can downgear to neutral without me stepping on the clutch. (only when i dun accelerate or only step abit on the accelerator)

how ar?

anyone got this problem?

wow something new leh...i been driving for 6mths plus liao nw den know...

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Empty Re: Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte*

Post by xenocide 1st December 2009, 4:53 pm

are u sure? nv dared to do any gear changing without clutching...
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 1st December 2009, 5:26 pm

anyone have the same issue?

or have tried?

or going to try? Surprised
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 1st December 2009, 6:38 pm

our manual gears are so "loose" that my friend & i can jus shift easily w/o clutching even when the vehicle is stationary. Felt kinda weird after driving my ex-impreza where the gears change are more " siap".Guess it normal ,cos Sunny also felt that way if I'm not wrong.
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 1st December 2009, 6:52 pm

huh?

what i meant was that i can force the gear to neutral while running on the road....

eg, 100km/hr on 5th gear.
then no need to step clutch, and slight release my accelerator pedal (or dun step), i can force the gear down to neutral.
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 1st December 2009, 7:15 pm

Bro Chenwai
I'm not surprised that u could downshift from 5th to neutral w/o clutching since I could felt some "looseness" when stationary & cruising . I'll try your method when i decide to sell /scape my car Laughing
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 1st December 2009, 8:18 pm

Wondering why u would want to force the gear to neutral? I assume u did it on purpose??

If I not wrong, it will spoil the gear box
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 1st December 2009, 10:09 pm

To go to neutral should not be a big issue if revs of engine and speed is low. But instead of leaving it to chance, better use the clutch.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 1st December 2009, 10:40 pm

that's what a clutch is for anyway

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 1st December 2009, 10:56 pm

something new... been driving manual for 10 yrs and never tried it at all
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 1st December 2009, 11:05 pm

When I was a kid I would move the gearstick in and out of gears with the engine off and no clutching - feet too short. It was doable but it makes your pops mad.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 1st December 2009, 11:51 pm

oh.. something new to me..hee.. but i know bikes can do this on up-shift... (on sequential GB?) in fact bike racers all dun pull clutch for up shift.. IIRC.
bur for our car?? hmm...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 1st December 2009, 11:54 pm

C doc @ CnC..
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 2nd December 2009, 12:24 am

of course not on purpose la....

by chance, had my hand on the gear, and also by chance found that the gear shaft is not exactly stiff....so by chance also gave it a slight pull....

and whoa.....down to neutral gear. Surprised
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 2nd December 2009, 9:50 am

mm.. dun do this even u felt nothing.. its not good for the gears.. Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 2nd December 2009, 11:00 am

Being able to shift to neutral from other gears without clutching is normal and should not do any major harm to your gearbox so long as you are not accelerating (ie. you are free rolling and not applying any torque to the tranny).

It is also possible to shift gears without clutching in if you do your rev-matching properly. Loads of truckers do that all the time as its simply too tiresome to clutch-in through 18 gears.

However, you may (i may be wrong) wear out your syncros...

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 2nd December 2009, 11:12 am

psionix wrote:Being able to shift to neutral from other gears without clutching is normal and should not do any major harm to your gearbox so long as you are not accelerating (ie. you are free rolling and not applying any torque to the tranny).

It is also possible to shift gears without clutching in if you do your rev-matching properly. Loads of truckers do that all the time as its simply too tiresome to clutch-in through 18 gears.

Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Suspect so got harm or no harm?
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 2nd December 2009, 11:21 am

during my TP i was so nervous that when i wanted to change gears i forgot to clutch in, the gear was able to change from 3rd to neutral b4 i realized i forgot to clutch

there was no engine sound during that time either, but whether is spoils the car or not i have no idea... all i know is that if there was a noisy sound produced, i'd have failed my tp

i had 16/20 points in total

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by psionix 2nd December 2009, 11:33 am

scorpey wrote:
psionix wrote:Being able to shift to neutral from other gears without clutching is normal and should not do any major harm to your gearbox so long as you are not accelerating (ie. you are free rolling and not applying any torque to the tranny).

Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Suspect so got harm or no harm?

Sorry for not being clear enough. Paiseh Razz

Shifting from other gears to neutral should not do harm so long there is no torque.

Shifting up or down through gears without clutch might wear out your syncros.

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 2nd December 2009, 12:08 pm

i tink no matter what also dun dare to try..haha..

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 2nd December 2009, 3:17 pm

wah lau.... ur koup testdrive no stall???
jeRrRKKKK wrote:during my TP i was so nervous that when i wanted to change gears i forgot to clutch in, the gear was able to change from 3rd to neutral b4 i realized i forgot to clutch

there was no engine sound during that time either, but whether is spoils the car or not i have no idea... all i know is that if there was a noisy sound produced, i'd have failed my tp

i had 16/20 points in total
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by armstrong 3rd December 2009, 9:24 pm

Yup tried before it is normal. Dont think the gear box will spoil that easily. manual box made to be trash

armstrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 4th December 2009, 6:44 am

Kaisu7165 wrote:Bro Chenwai
I'm not surprised that u could downshift from 5th to neutral w/o clutching since I could felt some "looseness" when stationary & cruising . I'll try your method when i decide to sell /scape my car Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Icon_lol

Whether my Forte is new or old, it is not advisable to try this as you may just be lucky for once. Unless I am willing to spend $$$ changing the gear box.... I would not be so daring to do it. Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Icon_evil
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 4th December 2009, 8:23 am

Potatoes wrote:
Kaisu7165 wrote:Bro Chenwai
I'm not surprised that u could downshift from 5th to neutral w/o clutching since I could felt some "looseness" when stationary & cruising . I'll try your method when i decide to sell /scape my car Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Icon_lol

Whether my Forte is new or old, it is not advisable to try this as you may just be lucky for once. Unless I am willing to spend $$$ changing the gear box.... I would not be so daring to do it. Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Icon_evil

i know someone with a 5 year old saab, he spoil his gear box, they qoute him so high, he ended up scrapping the car and buying a new saab.... Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 15th December 2009, 1:31 pm

yeah.. GB is among the most expensive thing in a car.. heard H brand GB is among the most expensive.. 5 figures thing.. Downgear to Neutral without clutching in. *Manual Forte* Icon_pale

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by GPon 15th December 2009, 1:41 pm

This is wat is did at times when "lazy" for the past few yrs... did not notice any diff.. up to indiviual thou..
** Notes applicable to neutral only.
GPon
GPon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 15th December 2009, 1:58 pm

I'll go test drive and test...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 15th December 2009, 2:01 pm

you mean test drive if spoiled no need to pay meh.. iirc some claim youll be responsible for any damages wor.. H brand i think...??

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down