Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009

+17
kenincf
aural
Fortec
lordhawk
Juz@kid
Redbean
Dark Knight
Happy
keigo
JuanST
mkkiaforte
longbow
Forte899
The Blue Cruiser
kapitan
unlimitedz
impact2001
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009

Post by JuanST 28th November 2009, 5:07 pm

for a lot of repairs.... go acer.... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009

Post by impact2001 28th November 2009, 5:09 pm

I boycott Acer liao after since my 1st two pc is from this brand.. really lotsa of repairs needed..

Now all my PC is DIY one.. Spend a bit more money, mod the casing etc also worth it.. Can last u 5 yrs at least.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 28th November 2009, 5:11 pm

yup diy the best....for pc.... laptop dun have diy... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 28th November 2009, 5:29 pm

JuanST wrote:for a lot of repairs.... go acer.... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_smile

not a chance with my 4-yr-old Acer. speaking of quality... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 332362
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 28th November 2009, 5:33 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:
JuanST wrote:for a lot of repairs.... go acer.... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_smile

not a chance with my 4-yr-old Acer. speaking of quality... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 332362

u using xp?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight 28th November 2009, 5:34 pm

ASUS ASUS ASUS!!!!!!!
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 28th November 2009, 10:06 pm

i had an ibm labtop before.. last me 6yrs flat... not bad though....
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight 28th November 2009, 10:37 pm

unlimitedz wrote:i had an ibm labtop before.. last me 6yrs flat... not bad though....

same same. Gt thinkpad wif me for 4 yrs n passed to my CO to use another yr + till now. Pity nw china lenovo bought over thinkpad n tat end my loyalty support of ibm.
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 28th November 2009, 11:32 pm

i wanna buy the holux 6210T gps, but out of stock..sian. Will only come after 14december, by that time im not in singapore liao.

Then went to look at marbella(spelling is something like this lah. haha) gps, also out of stock..kaoz.

Wanna spend money also hard.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 28th November 2009, 11:36 pm

care to share y 6210t above others?? tml last day liao.. hmmm./..
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 28th November 2009, 11:39 pm

Redbean wrote:i wanna buy the holux 6210T gps, but out of stock..sian. Will only come after 14december, by that time im not in singapore liao.

Then went to look at marbella(spelling is something like this lah. haha) gps, also out of stock..kaoz.

Wah.. so hard to spend money meh? Give me, i help u spend.. I T-load you my GPS hahaha at a reasonable fee...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 29th November 2009, 5:32 am

today is e last day of SITEX....

sure got lots of good bargain but.....

e crowd n e parking will make me "Ke Blakang Pusing".....
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight 29th November 2009, 11:18 am

Juz@kid wrote:today is e last day of SITEX....

ya true. I always hate last day!!! Expo quite spacious compared to suntec, still can have little spare room to walk around. but expo parking is like... err..... Suspect Want fast n furious better park at the Simei Residence area and walk over. Free somemore....

anyway unless you going to buy stuff like laptop, TV can consider go on last day else the rest of small stuff no difference from other day of the show. afro
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 29th November 2009, 11:31 am

Dark Knight wrote:
Juz@kid wrote:today is e last day of SITEX....

ya true. I always hate last day!!! Expo quite spacious compared to suntec, still can have little spare room to walk around. but expo parking is like... err..... Suspect Want fast n furious better park at the Simei Residence area and walk over. Free somemore....

anyway unless you going to buy stuff like laptop, TV can consider go on last day else the rest of small stuff no difference from other day of the show. afro

Agreed, this time the so call IT fair is si be sianz.
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 29th November 2009, 11:39 am

Was looking for Panasonic Plasma TVs, but this year's show is all Samsung, Sharp and Philips. Sigh.... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_cry
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th November 2009, 11:41 am

impact2001 wrote:Hi hi,

Just come back from the Sitex show 2009 (Sg Expo).. Damn many ppls and hard to find a parking lot.. Wait abt roughly ard 40mins, then managed to find one... Quickly waste no time and go buy the IT stuff i want using this month BONUS!!!!! (End up bo liao after buying, haha)

Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Sam_0112

Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Sam_0113

Bro, how much is this player?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 29th November 2009, 12:11 pm

This is the only PC show since 2001 that i did not go. No money. Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_lol
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight 29th November 2009, 12:12 pm

$349 with 1TB HDD included. (If i recalled correctly), around the same price as I bought last IT show
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight 29th November 2009, 12:14 pm

aural wrote:This is the only PC show since 2001 that i did not go. No money. Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_lol

haha cos all $$ go to add poison to your xiao bai la..... What a Face
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 29th November 2009, 1:40 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
aural wrote:This is the only PC show since 2001 that i did not go. No money. Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_lol

haha cos all $$ go to add poison to your xiao bai la..... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Fresse

My xiao bai no poison wor...
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight 29th November 2009, 3:14 pm

aural wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:

haha cos all $$ go to add poison to your xiao bai la..... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Fresse

My xiao bai no poison wor...

then yr front grill is stock or aftermarket poison? hahahaaaa....

let think, our front grill can buy how many pcs of DVD-R sia, or even a 500GB External HDD, then I can pass to bro Impact to dub my wanted stuff. Razz
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 29th November 2009, 6:21 pm

unlimitedz wrote:care to share y 6210t above others?? tml last day liao.. hmmm./..

Erm..Nothing special actually, it's just me. I dont like to follow the mainstream. Like everyone thinks korean cars sux, i buy korean car, everyone likes to eat donuts then, i die also refuse to eat, everyone thinks garmin the best, i dont buy garmin, plus garmin machiam more ex, lesser function(just my opinion, if u are offended, apologies~).

The design of this 6210 is simple and nice. Taiwan brand, im comfortable with taiwan brand, like the computer parts they made, quite reliable as well. So might as well give it a try. Plus i wanna try the traffic update thingy, haha.

Anyway i already bought it, went to SLS to buy, but set is under eastgear for warranty. Same price as sitex, no need to wait 2 weeks.

Just tried, lock on quite fast. Plug it in in mscp, come out, less than 1min lock on liao. Is that fast? I dont know coz first time user!

The voice is loud enough, screen is clear. Routing quite fast as well. haha.

Main user is my gf though. Coz i dont really think a gps is needed in singapore, can always refer to streetdirectory but she dont really know how to read streetdirectory for some reason. lol.

Last edited by Redbean on 29th November 2009, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 29th November 2009, 6:22 pm

impact2001 wrote:
Redbean wrote:i wanna buy the holux 6210T gps, but out of stock..sian. Will only come after 14december, by that time im not in singapore liao.

Wah.. so hard to spend money meh? Give me, i help u spend.. I T-load you my GPS hahaha at a reasonable fee...

haha. Spent liao! Yeah now im in a spend spend enjoy enjoy mood coz i will be going offshore for at least 2 months..sian. Oh well.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th November 2009, 7:05 pm

Now still at sitex but already purchase the sumsong t260hd moitor cum tv.

Now q up at John little sale to pay $$$
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 29th November 2009, 7:16 pm

Dark Knight wrote:$349 with 1TB HDD included. (If i recalled correctly), around the same price as I bought last IT show

I bought $249 without harddisk... I dun feel comfortable with the build-in one.. The box doesn't look much with ventilation. So i go buy myself another external 1.5 harddisk.. Convinent too. Just bring the harddisk.. No need bring the whole HD media player.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 29th November 2009, 7:45 pm

JuanST wrote:
The White Cruiser wrote:

u using xp?

now upgraded to a newer, better Acer, Windows Vista. still, it is good overall, except for that cheap hard disk that failed.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th November 2009, 7:48 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:
JuanST wrote:
The White Cruiser wrote:

u using xp?

now upgraded to a newer, better Acer, Windows Vista. still, it is good overall, except for that cheap hard disk that failed.

i hope ur luck holds..... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 332362
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 29th November 2009, 7:59 pm

it will hold, like the 4-yr-old Acer.

wait... were you a QC victim of Acer? Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_razz
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th November 2009, 8:59 pm

I thought I will not buy anything big....damned.. went to SITEX this evening... nothing to do, so me and the daughter took a bus and drop at EXPO..... walk around... impluse purchase... an iMac, 27"... siao lioa....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight 29th November 2009, 9:04 pm

kapitan wrote:I thought I will not buy anything big....damned.. went to SITEX this evening... nothing to do, so me and the daughter took a bus and drop at EXPO..... walk around... impluse purchase... an iMac, 27"... siao lioa....

eeek eeek eeek eeek eeek
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th November 2009, 9:36 pm

I just realise I don't know how to use a Mac...... cannot play avi files.... cannot do this...cannot do that... how??
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 29th November 2009, 9:43 pm

kapitan wrote:I just realise I don't know how to use a Mac...... cannot play avi files.... cannot do this...cannot do that... how??

Kapitan, u may want to download this app:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 29th November 2009, 9:45 pm

For conversion of any files to your iphone:

http://handbrake.fr/
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 29th November 2009, 9:55 pm

Almost bought this:

Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 BenssX636

Ended up didn't buy anything...
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th November 2009, 10:12 pm

saw this at SITEX, fell in love,.... 27" LED screen,... all in one, no bulky CPU...
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 IMG_01131

brought her home.... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 IMG_01141

Peek inside the box... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 IMG_01161

no unsightly cables.....
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 IMG_01171

remove plastics...
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 IMG_01181

switching on for the first time....
Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 IMG_01191
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 29th November 2009, 10:21 pm

Yes it's a beauty Kapitan. Did you get the one with i7 or i5 processor? Either one is believed to be faster than the current Mac Pro.
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th November 2009, 10:30 pm

mkkiaforte wrote:Yes it's a beauty Kapitan. Did you get the one with i7 or i5 processor? Either one is believed to be faster than the current Mac Pro.

actually I dunno leh.... the box says 3.06Ghz intel core duo processor... the most expensive is 3k....

there goes my rims and body kit.... haizzz...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 29th November 2009, 10:33 pm

kapitan wrote:
mkkiaforte wrote:Yes it's a beauty Kapitan. Did you get the one with i7 or i5 processor? Either one is believed to be faster than the current Mac Pro.

actually I dunno leh.... the box says 3.06Ghz intel core duo processor... the most expensive is 3k....

there goes my rims and body kit.... haizzz...

Better investment for sure Kapitan. thumbsup thumbsup
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 29th November 2009, 10:41 pm

kapitan wrote:saw this at SITEX, fell in love,.... 27" LED screen,... all in one, no bulky CPU...

brought her home.... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 IMG_01141

Peek inside the box... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 IMG_01161

no unsightly cables.....

remove plastics...

very nice... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 332362
poor me i can only afford the macbook (bought 2 yrs ago)
my only suggestion is that maybe you should buy a bigger table Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th November 2009, 10:44 pm

no need new table lah.... though screen is big, but not occupying a lot of space... no cables, except power cord... no cpu....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 29th November 2009, 10:45 pm

kapitan wrote:saw this at SITEX, fell in love,.... 27" LED screen,... all in one, no bulky CPU...

no unsightly cables.....

remove plastics...

Boss if you encounter any difficulty in using.. can ask Keigo to conduct lesson!!! hahahahha
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th November 2009, 10:47 pm

no need boss me...hahhaaa... yes I am thinking of kiego after hearing what you said last last mu..
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th November 2009, 11:00 pm

kapitan wrote:no need boss me...hahhaaa... yes I am thinking of kiego after hearing what you said last last mu..

nvm dont know how to use... just give it to me... 1 yr later then I return to you...hehehe.....

me also want to buy the 27" imac.. but then after much thought my 17" MBP still ok lei...

so think think I will wait till 2 yrs later then buy imac.. Very Happy
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 29th November 2009, 11:03 pm

impact2001 wrote:I boycott Acer liao after since my 1st two pc is from this brand.. really lotsa of repairs needed..

Now all my PC is DIY one.. Spend a bit more money, mod the casing etc also worth it.. Can last u 5 yrs at least.

my current broken PC was DIY by me almost 8-9 yrs ago after I read a PC mag teaching people how to assemble PC.
the whole world scolded me siao for being so impulsive ... chiong into a PC show and buy everything needed to build my PC. that's why now broken for mths still don't want to throw! hehe ... Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 Fresse (btw i've 0 knowledge on computer back then)

now laptop more suitable for me ... so LL must buy ...cannot DIY my new toy loh. Did u buy anything at the Expo Sitex show 2009 - Page 2 256379

appreciate and thks for all the advises from the bros here.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th November 2009, 11:09 pm

keigo wrote:
kapitan wrote:no need boss me...hahhaaa... yes I am thinking of kiego after hearing what you said last last mu..

nvm dont know how to use... just give it to me... 1 yr later then I return to you...hehehe.....

me also want to buy the 27" imac.. but then after much thought my 17" MBP still ok lei...

maestro, should I get windows os and install??
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th November 2009, 11:12 pm

kapitan wrote:
keigo wrote:

maestro, should I get windows os and install??

it's all up to you... you can install windows as a dual OS.. if not you can install windows as VM using parallels.

For me unless you need to use your mac to play windows game... then you install as dual OS.. else best is to install windows using parallels.

But is there a need for Windows??? 99.95% of the application I need and use can be found in OSX..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th November 2009, 11:15 pm

ok, maybe don't install, so my girl do not have chance to play her maple and all those on line games...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 29th November 2009, 11:52 pm

keep it strictly as Dad's PC... hahaha
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 30th November 2009, 1:31 am

Kool man.. enjoy ur 6210 n will seek ur opionon(say aft few mths) b4 gettin one// haha... thanks...
Redbean wrote:
unlimitedz wrote:care to share y 6210t above others?? tml last day liao.. hmmm./..

Erm..Nothing special actually, it's just me. I dont like to follow the mainstream. Like everyone thinks korean cars sux, i buy korean car, everyone likes to eat donuts then, i die also refuse to eat, everyone thinks garmin the best, i dont buy garmin, plus garmin machiam more ex, lesser function(just my opinion, if u are offended, apologies~).

The design of this 6210 is simple and nice. Taiwan brand, im comfortable with taiwan brand, like the computer parts they made, quite reliable as well. So might as well give it a try. Plus i wanna try the traffic update thingy, haha.

Anyway i already bought it, went to SLS to buy, but set is under eastgear for warranty. Same price as sitex, no need to wait 2 weeks.

Just tried, lock on quite fast. Plug it in in mscp, come out, less than 1min lock on liao. Is that fast? I dont know coz first time user!

The voice is loud enough, screen is clear. Routing quite fast as well. haha.

Main user is my gf though. Coz i dont really think a gps is needed in singapore, can always refer to streetdirectory but she dont really know how to read streetdirectory for some reason. lol.
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 30th November 2009, 11:44 am

kapitan wrote:I just realise I don't know how to use a Mac...... cannot play avi files.... cannot do this...cannot do that... how??

Hi Kapi, in fact you're buying this high end iMac on impulse. I own 3 Mac computer and the total added up not even 3K.

You should buy a Mac mini with key board and mouse plus a good 24" Monitor and it add up less than 1.5K only and is good enough for doing most of you daily work and listen to music. My Mac mini is more than 4yrs and till now Never Hang, No Virus, No Break Down...... etc. still using and in perfect running condition to do my Photoshop and design work.

Apple CD slot-in player in most Mac is not very reliable and get jammed inside easily and normally most designer use external drive.

Since you have bought it, no regret but you might not tape the full mileage out of it.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next