Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C)

+14
Blacks
longbow
shawnseah82
aural
keigo
Spiritseye
octane99
The Blue Cruiser
KnightRider
cpt_zr
ace
viper007
ong
waypoint
18 posters

Go down

Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C)

Post by waypoint 16th November 2009, 3:46 pm

In an attempt to quell continuous customer complaints and feedback due to apparently poor quality and performing parts or even build tolerances, KIA has released a pamphlet to help educate(sic) New(sic) Drivers that some of their observations are unrealistic expectations, far-fetched or just simply imagined. Personally, I think this pamphlet is like a slap in the face for those of us who have previously owned cars of other makes of the same class but of seemingly better quality.

This is especially so for those of us early adopters who have taken delivery of the initial batches of cars with issues like unreasonable wind noise and road noise(creaks, rattles and vibrations). As yet, KIA(C&C) have refused to admit that some cars from the initial batches do suffer from manufacturing issues and build quality; cracking windscreens, dashboard creaks, squeaks, 'ticks' and the crowd favourite; the notorious foggy headlamps.

The pamphlet talks about reasonable expectations and satisfaction thresholds for -

1. Ride Comfort
2. Road Noise
3. Premature Tyre Wear
4. Wind Noise
5. Wiper Effectiveness
6. Wiper Judder
7. Water Marks
8. Brakes Squeaking
9. Odours from the Air-Con Unit

The above points are covered rather reasonably should be acceptable even to the more discerning car owners.

The the next two points having been covered in a veiled indemnity clause, would probably mean that from hereon, KIA Motors or C&C, will absolve itself from further related issues...

I will reproduce the exact text found in the educational(sic) brochure.

10. Vehicle Veering to the Left

Steering specifications for different markets are designed differently due to left- or right-hand drive(RHD) regulations. In Singapore, where our version is RHD traffic, the roads tend to have a road crown that is higher on the right side of the road. This is to improve the flow of rainwater to the drains or outlets located on the left side of the road. Therefore, our roads are not completely horizontally level. Under such conditions, there is a tendency for the cars to veer very gradually to the left is the steering wheel is not held with reasonable force. As this is normal, we do not encourage adjusting the wheel alignment specifications to counter this, as doing so may lead to abnormal wear and tear of the tyres.(WTF?! Then what of local uni-directional expressways where the road crown is in the centre and there are drainage outlets on BOTH sides of the road?) KNS!

This last one takes the cake...

11. Foggy Headlamps

When driving a vehicle during heavy rain with the headlamp switched on for a long period of time, the inside of the lamp will become hot, whilst the external surface of the lamp is cooler. Due to this temperature difference between the inside and outside of the headlamp cover, slight(MY BACKSIDE!) condensation may occur resulting in the headlamp appearing foggy. This is a normal occurrence and does not indicate a problem with the headlamps. Once the headlamps are turned on, the fogging effect will disappear after some time. (What the phuq are they talking about?! Can anybody relate that last line to the first two sentences?!) Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Icon_evil

So, early adopters. Owners of the initial batches of the KIA Forte... As they say at work sometimes, "SUCK IT UP!"

Last edited by waypoint on 16th November 2009, 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty Re: Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C)

Post by ong 16th November 2009, 3:53 pm

hi so funny ... when did it come out ??? only recently
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Empty Re: Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C)

Post by viper007 16th November 2009, 3:56 pm

oh well so much for their 5 yr unlimited warranty
viper007
viper007

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 16th November 2009, 3:59 pm

What kind of rubbish is this about?

I think we should complain to LTA for our problem than.......that vehicles veering to the left is due to their fault.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 16th November 2009, 4:01 pm

huh. really meh. the veering to the left part?

i thought its abnormal... even so if the road is slightly slanted to oneside, it should not slant so much what!
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 16th November 2009, 4:01 pm

No worries, Bro. It does not affect all cars...

ace wrote:What kind of rubbish is this about?

I think we should complain to LTA for our problem than.......that vehicles veering to the left is due to their fault.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 16th November 2009, 4:06 pm

I know, waypoint.

I'm hinting about that....

Kia CnC is saying without saying it loudly that it is LTA's fault....*faint*...nothing to do with them....

So we, hehe, complain to LTA......

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 16th November 2009, 4:07 pm

Lousy ****...

waypoint..not talking abt you...
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 16th November 2009, 4:12 pm

No worries... Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Icon_wink

But the foggy headlamps are starting to bother me... the prolonged exposure to moisture inside is starting to blur the reflectors in the housing. And it does not take a friggin' genius to figure out that moisture and expensive bulbs don't mix.

Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) Suspect

BR,
w a y

KnightRider wrote:Lousy ****...

waypoint..not talking abt you...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 16th November 2009, 4:21 pm

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 16th November 2009, 4:26 pm

"Once the headlamps are turned on, the fogging effect will disappear after some time"

is to say... use the heat from the headlamps to 'burn' the fog away.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by octane99 16th November 2009, 4:37 pm

First batch of cars meaning starting from when to when?

octane99

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 16th November 2009, 4:41 pm

LOL Waypoint, i dun get the youtube video? Is it a parody?
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 16th November 2009, 4:48 pm

i realise the headlamp fog happen to other KIA model also.. that time I'm in JB washing car.. I saw another KIA model car which is not forte headlamp also fog...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 16th November 2009, 5:01 pm

hmm 10. Vehicle Veering to the Left

They got proof of what they claim or not...then how come the jap or none KIA car have this problem..????
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 16th November 2009, 5:29 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:"Once the headlamps are turned on, the fogging effect will disappear after some time"

is to say... use the heat from the headlamps to 'burn' the fog away.

So when u drive and TP stop you show them this is the instruction from KIA. Any fines please look for dealer as they would have clear LTA for standards =x
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 16th November 2009, 5:31 pm

keigo wrote:hmm 10. Vehicle Veering to the Left

They got proof of what they claim or not...then how come the jap or none KIA car have this problem..????

even my old picanto...also no such problem loh....1 word....craps

i ever tried....quite a few hundreds meters on expressway...(straight road)...without holding on the steering wheels....at ard 80km/h

with forte...70km/h...veering to the left liao

Just like the drama....KnightRider....the car will have its own steering mind......hahaa
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 16th November 2009, 10:31 pm

KnightRider wrote:
keigo wrote:hmm 10. Vehicle Veering to the Left

even my old picanto...also no such problem loh....1 word....craps

i ever tried....quite a few hundreds meters on expressway...(straight road)...without holding on the steering wheels....at ard 80km/h

with forte...70km/h...veering to the left liao

Just like the drama....KnightRider....the car will have its own steering mind......hahaa
yaya me too always drive at TPE right lane around 90km free hand car tent to move to the left at first i thought tyre not enough air actually is not. Useful Tips for New(sic) Drivers by KIA Motors(C&C) 316913
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 16th November 2009, 10:32 pm

The letter seems to be the product of Cycle & Carriage, not KIA
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 16th November 2009, 10:38 pm

10: Vehicle Veering to the Left.

Why not we test on few fortes, drive on the same route by same driver with a liquid levelling indicator on the dashboard.

11. Foggy Headlamps.

Can Spray Antifog onto the inner surface?
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 17th November 2009, 1:27 pm

can complain to kia that cnc comes up with such things.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 17th November 2009, 3:08 pm

copy this by CnC and send to Kia Korea, CnC trying bring down Kia reputation?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 17th November 2009, 4:17 pm

Maybe CnC not happy with the way people start complaint threads in this forum. Not that I side with CnC, but they have already done a good job with some things like the HKS and the extended guarantee for the SDW which were major, if we treated the document as education material, it will be the original intention (I am assuming) of the person penning it.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 17th November 2009, 5:41 pm

liplip wrote:Maybe CnC not happy with the way people start complaint threads in this forum. Not that I side with CnC, but they have already done a good job with some things like the HKS and the extended guarantee for the SDW which were major, if we treated the document as education material, it will be the original intention (I am assuming) of the person penning it.

extended guarantee for the SDW ......got this meh ???
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 17th November 2009, 5:45 pm

well no really complain that C&C done a bad job..

The complain it more of when come to fault.. and if it is real fault.. just admit it... dont have to go through the urging and correcting them before they admit ya.. it is the fault.

Look at the guide they print out.. I dont find them correct in the first point....

10: Vehicle Veering to the Left. god!!!... they dont know there is a machine that can computing alignment errors???
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down