Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH

+10
kenkoh8
horus
b3njam1n
Zonda S 4.1
ong
joepele
impact2001
aural
xenocide
Stefano
14 posters

Go down

5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty 5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH

Post by Stefano 16th November 2009, 11:04 am

I booked in Aug and collected my Forte last week (13 Nov 2009) . I was lucky because the SE said that my car production date is in Sep and all Sep batch comes with 5 years factory warranty. Although the warranty booked indicated 3 years but the SE said that it's is confirmed as 5 years in their computer systems because the booklets are old one.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty Re: 5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH

Post by xenocide 16th November 2009, 11:06 am

hmmm i booked in Aug but collected on Oct... have to call SE and ask liao...
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH Empty Re: 5 YEARS FACTORY WARRANTY FOR SEP 2009 BATCH

Post by aural 16th November 2009, 11:10 am

Seriously? Any black and white?
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano 16th November 2009, 11:17 am

xenocide wrote:hmmm i booked in Aug but collected on Oct... have to call SE and ask liao...

I think you have to double check with your SE the factory manufacture date of your care because you collected in Oct and this 5 years factory warranty is quite a new promotion.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano 16th November 2009, 11:18 am

aural wrote:Seriously? Any black and white?

No black and white but the SE said this 5 years factory warrantly is already confirmed
in their computer system.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 16th November 2009, 11:24 am

Stefano wrote:

No black and white but the SE said this 5 years factory warrantly is already confirmed

Remember their tagline. The ability to surprise. Better to ask for a black and white.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 11:35 am

5 yrs warranty is nothing.. if they can give 3 yr free servicing, that would be the best!!!!
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 16th November 2009, 11:39 am

impact2001 wrote:5 yrs warranty is nothing.. if they can give 3 yr free servicing, that would be the best!!!!

Effectively that will equate to you having to go back to them for another 2 years. Dealers not only earn from sales but servicing. Like impact said, servicing free is the major one. Nonetheless, the 5yr warranty is nice to have.

at 3rd yr selling ur car, can still say car still have warranty for another 2 yrs. thumbsup
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 16th November 2009, 11:45 am

3 year....
5 years....
8 years...
10 years....

what's the point of it if they can / are going to void the warranty if

1. You dun do your servicing @ C&C
2. If you were to make any mods
e.g.
Air Filter, Lights, ICE?? Not sure abt the rims...
3. Does not include wear and tear parts...
*Wear and Tear parts vs Defective Wear and Tear items are different things all together.

Smile

Juz my 2 cents worth.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano 16th November 2009, 11:49 am

aural wrote:
impact2001 wrote:5 yrs warranty is nothing.. if they can give 3 yr free servicing, that would be the best!!!!

Effectively that will equate to you having to go back to them for another 2 years. Dealers not only earn from sales but servicing. Like impact said, servicing free is the major one. Nonetheless, the 5yr warranty is nice to have.

at 3rd yr selling ur car, can still say car still have warranty for another 2 yrs. thumbsup

According to the newspaper ad and new brochures, the 5 year warrantly is transferable when you sell the
car. That's why they mentioned that their KIA car has resale value. Anyway, if have additional free
2 year warranty is better than nothing because it covers the parts which may start to wear out upon reaching
5 years.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 16th November 2009, 12:06 pm

call and check with my SE no have leh ,,,, i collected my car in oct ... not qualify for it
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano 16th November 2009, 1:46 pm

aural wrote:
Stefano wrote:

Remember their tagline. The ability to surprise. Better to ask for a black and white.

aiyah, got black and white so what . When I booked my car in Aug, the sales contract in black and white
indicated my car comes with MDP (multi disc player). When I rcvd my car, it comes with single disc
player. There's nothing you can do even if it's in black and white. They said that Sep batch only come with single
disc player.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonda S 4.1 16th November 2009, 1:55 pm

Stef,

Now I am worried. You mean the 6 disc changer become only single? I too book in August and still waiting for my car SX(m). Agreement is only one paper long and only state comes with standard features. So you accepted it w/o any argument ?

Stefano wrote:
aural wrote:
Stefano wrote:

aiyah, got black and white so what . When I booked my car in Aug, the sales contract in black and white
indicated my car comes with MDP (multi disc player). When I rcvd my car, it comes with single disc
player. There's nothing you can do even if it's in black and white. They said that Sep batch only come with single
disc player.
Zonda S 4.1
Zonda S 4.1

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 16th November 2009, 2:04 pm

there is a fine print that reads "specification may vary without notice"
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonda S 4.1 16th November 2009, 2:23 pm

Xeno

Huh? mine don't have leh? Just one page photocopied front. You mean got 2 pages ? My 1st page never have what you mentioned. Confusing this whole deal I got myself into very tired of the whole episode.

How's your disc display panel, got it fix?

xenocide wrote:there is a fine print that reads "specification may vary without notice"
Zonda S 4.1
Zonda S 4.1

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano 16th November 2009, 2:49 pm

In fact, they did not highlight to me about this thing when I made final payment. Only I have signed the docs and
when I reached home to read again, it mentioned something like "NO MDP for Sep". I called my SE and he said
MDP means Multi Disc Player. So my car comes with only single disc play although on the CD Player, it's physically
indicated with the logo "6 Disc Player" . So strange. Btw, is their any price difference btwn single disc and
multi disc player. I do not argue lah because they said Sep batch onward all single disc player.

Zonda S 4.1 wrote:Stef,

Now I am worried. You mean the 6 disc changer become only single? I too book in August and still waiting for my car SX(m). Agreement is only one paper long and only state comes with standard features. So you accepted it w/o any argument ?

Stefano wrote:
aural wrote:
Stefano wrote:

disc player.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post by b3njam1n 16th November 2009, 3:57 pm

I just called my SE. He told me mine is not under 5 years factory warrenty.

So sad.

b3njam1n

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 16th November 2009, 3:58 pm

b3njam1n wrote:I just called my SE. He told me mine is not under 5 years factory warrenty.

So sad.

when was ur batch:::???
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by b3njam1n 16th November 2009, 4:00 pm

ong wrote:
b3njam1n wrote:I just called my SE. He told me mine is not under 5 years factory warrenty.

So sad.

mine was order in sept, car registered on 1 oct collected on 2oct.

Haixxx..

Am i entitled for the warrenty ?

b3njam1n

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 16th November 2009, 4:09 pm

b3njam1n wrote:
ong wrote:

So sad.

Haixxx..

i collected on 9 oct
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by b3njam1n 16th November 2009, 4:18 pm

ong wrote:
b3njam1n wrote:
ong wrote:

So sad.

Haixxx..

i collected on 9 oct

well i guessed we both didnt get our 5 years factory warrenty.

wasted.

b3njam1n

Back to top Go down

Post by horus 16th November 2009, 5:30 pm

whats new... my EX version doesnt comes with engine temp guage even thou it was an basic feature indicated in their broucher. After exchanging emails with their aftersales department, they indicated that there was no solution to this prob and use "specification may vary without notice" to put me off, instead of raising this issue to KIA korea for solutions.

horus

Back to top Go down

Post by kenkoh8 17th November 2009, 12:21 am

Hmm.... this is not good. I'm waiting for my car as well. My SE went thro the features with me but never mentioned about missing MDP....

Zonda S 4.1 wrote:Stef,

Stefano wrote:
aural wrote:
Stefano wrote:

disc player.

kenkoh8

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 17th November 2009, 8:05 am

horus wrote:whats new... my EX version doesnt comes with engine temp guage even thou it was an basic feature indicated in their broucher. After exchanging emails with their aftersales department, they indicated that there was no solution to this prob and use "specification may vary without notice" to put me off, instead of raising this issue to KIA korea for solutions.

EX only comes with a blue/red indicator for engine temp. since day one it was launched in Sillypore.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 17th November 2009, 8:29 am

nothing wrote:
horus wrote:whats new... my EX version doesnt comes with engine temp guage even thou it was an basic feature indicated in their broucher. After exchanging emails with their aftersales department, they indicated that there was no solution to this prob and use "specification may vary without notice" to put me off, instead of raising this issue to KIA korea for solutions.

EX only comes with a blue/red indicator for engine temp. since day one it was launched in Sillypore.

Got blue and red? I got to go find it already lol.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by horus 17th November 2009, 10:09 am

only see red when i start my car in the morning.. haha

horus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano 17th November 2009, 3:11 pm

horus wrote:only see red when i start my car in the morning.. haha

i also see red col only leh. i would prefer blue col if given a choice.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post by horus 17th November 2009, 5:46 pm

By right, eng temp guage should be a std feature to come with all cars, unless designed otherwise. For the case of forte, there seems to be a double std whereby only the expensive version of the car is equiped with this guage and not the cheaper version. The broucher also did not indicate explicitly that this feature is not availiable in the Ex version. So what bothers me is the inconsistancies in the msg sent pertaining the importance of the temp guage, which according to experience is important as it affects safety and performance of the car (according to C&C, warranty shall be void if damage of engine is found to be due to overheating)

horus

Back to top Go down

Post by tensai 17th November 2009, 6:22 pm

Stefano wrote:
horus wrote:only see red when i start my car in the morning.. haha

i also see red col only leh. i would prefer blue col if given a choice.

Ya i also only see red color...no blue. EX (M)

tensai

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefano 17th November 2009, 6:57 pm

I thought temp gauge is one of the most important safety device that may save
your life . Without the temp gauge, how on earth would you know that your car
is in danger of overheated and may catch fire and may cause a chain collision
on the road and endanger other people's lives. I think the LTA should make it
compulsory that all vehicles must be fitted with this device. How can they overlook
such important thing.

Stefano

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 17th November 2009, 10:52 pm

Stefano wrote:
aural wrote:

According to the newspaper ad and new brochures, the 5 year warrantly is transferable when you sell the
car. That's why they mentioned that their KIA car has resale value. Anyway, if have additional free
2 year warranty is better than nothing because it covers the parts which may start to wear out upon reaching
5 years.

tranferable means nothing if the 1st owner never do their servicing at CNC.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 17th November 2009, 11:04 pm

Some more their servicing is damn expensive!! i stop going to CNC after my 3rd Servicing..
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 18th November 2009, 11:04 am

how much is the 10 km servicing ???
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by horus 18th November 2009, 11:18 am

Stefano wrote:I thought temp gauge is one of the most important safety device that may save
your life . Without the temp gauge, how on earth would you know that your car
is in danger of overheated and may catch fire and may cause a chain collision
on the road and endanger other people's lives. I think the LTA should make it
compulsory that all vehicles must be fitted with this device. How can they overlook
such important thing.

Precisely......however, they indicated that nothing can be done to the current design and they are not able to influence subsequent batches of stocks as they are a small player....

horus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down