Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/

+24
lordhawk
ckpay
nocash
Juz@kid
BluRz
newsman
tiny
ano57
eraser
dreamzzlandz
impact2001
melburn
ForKia
saturnz^83
nothing
leo
luvxiaobeng
tish
ahben
Fortec
Terrier
dandeana21
greatgazoo
Leonard
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty Re: Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/

Post by newsman 8th May 2009, 10:28 pm

2010 Kia Forte vs Mazda3 vs Toyota Corolla comparisson test
Written by himi on May 7th, 2009 in FORTE.
2010 Kia Forte vs Mazda3 vs Toyota Corolla comparisson test

So, I’ve had the chance to spend a lot of time in the new 2010 Kia Forte and put it through paces on course. First off I got to run the 2.0LT LX Forte in an automatic and the 2.4 LT SX in the 6-Speed M/T. There was also a 2010 Mazda 3 and 2009 Toyota Corolla for me to test in comparison.

I’m not even going to talk about Toyota Corolla. That car is antiquated at best. Yes they drive nicely, but not nearly as nice as the other two and the styling and finish is dated already. Toyota needs a redesign.

The Mazda 3 is a nice car. Fit an finish is well done and it drives really nice ( not nicer than the Forte though). It handles well, feels good, and it was a lot of fun through the course. The Key difference between the Forte and the Mazda are what the Mazda doesn’t have. It has less features, less horsepower and torque, and less space, and when it all adds up it costs $6,000.00 more.

And now the Kia Forte…

This car is impressive. What KIA did to change it’s face with the SOUL, it has done again with the FORTE. Aside from the course I also got to take it out for a one hour road and highway test drive. (continue your read after the jump!)

It handles beautifully. This car hugs the road well, the suspension is crisp and responsive, with a good sensing of what the car is doing. The SX package gets the sport tuned suspension and it is noticeable, everything is tighter and just has that little extra. One of the surprising elements was how smooth and quite the ride was, it obviously falls into the compact sedan segment but ride of this car feels bigger than it actually is.

One of the significant differences between the Soul and Kia Forte is the engines. The Forte gets two brand new engines. The 2.0L is the very same engine as the entry level Hyundai Genesis Coupe without the turbo. That engine obviously has an available turbo option and can be tuned to well over 200hp. The 2.4L is brand new as well and can be taken to over 300hp. Both of these engine also carry a timing chain where the Soul 2.0 is a timing belt.

The SX Forte in the 6-Speed M/T is a really nice gear box. Really smooth shifting through the gate, and a hydraulic clutch that has a lot of action right of the floor (very similar to the Soul).

Interior finishing is really nicely done, nice quality material finishing (the doors seems more durable than the Soul), well laid out controls, the same steering wheel as the Soul, and in the SX automatic climate control with a factory installed GPS option.

KIA has outdone itself with this new addiction to the segment. We’re looking at a real leader here, it has set a new bar for standards. In the Specs alone for standard features, power, and space the Forte is way out in front. The only real car missing from the comparison was the Civic. Having driven a Civic and now this, Honda has something to worry about as the Forte is smoother quieter, and crisper.

Next On deck is the Kia Forte Koup and I can’t wait to put it through the paces. If the Forte is this nice a ride in the sedan, the Koup is going to be a blast.

This was a guest post written by Thegarth, a member of our Kia Soul Forums, who obviously enjoyed driving the new Forte sedan. THANK YOU for the write up, Thegarth!!

P.S. The all-new 2010 Forte will be available at US dealerships starting from June 2009.

8 Responses to “2010 Kia Forte vs Mazda3 vs Toyota Corolla comparisson test” W.Wilson Says: May 7th, 2009 at 9:10 pm

Just a note. The Forte has been available in Canada for over a month. I have to agree that it is an extremely accomplished vehicle & as it lists for the same as the Soul at the upper end, obviously a better value

himi Says: May 7th, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Yup, it was on sale since March, but not full month I think. And 30+ units were sold.

isellkia Says: May 7th, 2009 at 10:15 pm

i can’t wait to drive one. i am looking forward to having them on my lot

The Driver Says: May 7th, 2009 at 11:13 pm

I have to agree with thegarth, the forte blows the competition out of the water. Its fit and finish is more along the lines of the VW/Audi for obvious reason, the interior space makes you scratch your head and wonder how they made all the space inside of this car “ITS HUGE!” But if a company like kia can take a car like the spectra and replace it with something like forte you gotta think “what else are they capable of?” Having driven the koup and the SX I can tell you the KOUP is AMAZING it is really something for the rest of the market to fear.

JoshyLofty Says: May 8th, 2009 at 12:41 am

i can NOT wait! i’ve been SO set on the soul but when i saw the Koup i had to go for that. i’ve already been saving my pennies for the soul so when the Koup comes out i’ll have plenty of moolah to pay for it or put down on it. that’s GARTH for the GREAT review & i can’t wait to test it myself

Greg Says: May 8th, 2009 at 12:49 am

There is no way to beat the Forte! R.I.P. Civic!

Greg da chajee Says: May 8th, 2009 at 8:48 am

I have been driving my Forte for a few months now and I think it is one of the handling and riding car out there. It has great power for passing and handling is amazing I can push this car farther and faster into the corner than anything I have driven so far. People are going to Love the way and looks, drives and handles.. this is definitely going to be a great seller.. I am anxiously looking forward to the Forte Koup. I just hope they Turbocharge it.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ - Page 2 Empty Re: Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/

Post by Fortec 8th May 2009, 10:55 pm

Unfortunately, the SG fortes are not using those engines mentioned. sob sob
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 8th May 2009, 11:19 pm

Fortec wrote:Unfortunately, the SG fortes are not using those engines mentioned. sob sob

haha...u should put in above statement on the same post in smaller front....that will be a classic... cheers
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 9th May 2009, 7:16 pm

our engine were similar to avante's
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 10th May 2009, 12:04 pm

tish wrote:our engine were similar to avante's

If I am not wrong...it's not the same engine....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by BluRz 10th May 2009, 12:49 pm

nothing wrote:
tish wrote:our engine were similar to avante's

If I am not wrong...it's not the same engine....

Is Gamma and GammaII same?
This is for the 1.6L Forte comparing to Avante's
BluRz
BluRz

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 10th May 2009, 2:44 pm

Avante is using Gamma engine while Forte is using Gamma II engine. if im not mistaken, e different is dat Forte Block Material is using Aluminium. And dat makes Forte engine more lighter compare to Avante.
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 10th May 2009, 3:45 pm

but in overall weight forte still heavier, but more stable...
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 10th May 2009, 3:49 pm

bro bo lui,,, forte becum heavy coz its due to e size n spaciousness.
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 10th May 2009, 10:39 pm

the weight is kerb or unladen? it's written unladen weight at 1227kg on the LTA papers.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 10th May 2009, 11:19 pm

try comparing FORTE with the new mazda 3.... lol.. the verdict will be different again but the price for the mazda3 is crazy..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 10th May 2009, 11:32 pm

impact2001 wrote:try comparing FORTE with the new mazda 3.... lol.. the verdict will be different again but the price for the mazda3 is crazy..

That is why the new Mazda 3 got a big SIMLEY face to it..."Thank you for your money"
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 17th May 2009, 6:11 am

yesterday i saw a NEW and sporty white mazda 3 on display inside takashimaya ( besides the fountain, near escalators) ..Its really Chio!!!

what is the price?
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 17th May 2009, 6:13 am

wah bro !
u oso lyk me ah . haven slp ..
neway mazda 3 , hmm
would u consider to pay tat price ?
think can buy at least 1 1/2 forte ?
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 17th May 2009, 6:16 am

hello Leonard bro

I know it will be very expensive, just curious what is the price range..

haha.. me becoming vampire soon..
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 17th May 2009, 9:07 am

dreamzzlandz wrote:hello Leonard bro

I know it will be very expensive, just curious what is the price range..

haha.. me becoming vampire soon..

Heard my hubby say 70K plus.... the old mazda before face lift was only 60K pluz 10K for face lift...... Have to weight pro n con lor.... but I saw tat car too.... Exteror..... wOOHoo... Interior Like very cheapo leh.....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 17th May 2009, 11:04 am

heng forte exterior whoohoo!! interior whhhoooooooo ahhrrwwoooooooo arrhhhoowoooooooooohooooooooooo
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 17th May 2009, 12:16 pm

Everything whoohoo and affortable. weeeeeeeeeeeee.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 17th May 2009, 1:33 pm

66K for basic...69K for luxury edition and up......built quality is top notch, but using back the same old thirsty engine is a turn off for me....but I quite like the hatchback version...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 17th May 2009, 3:03 pm

luvxiaobeng wrote:

Heard my hubby say 70K plus.... the old mazda before face lift was only 60K pluz 10K for face lift...... Have to weight pro n con lor.... but I saw tat car too.... Exteror..... wOOHoo... Interior Like very cheapo leh.....

I only saw the exterior, didnt open the doors to see the interior... 70K is very ex lor
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 17th May 2009, 3:45 pm

70k+, i prefer Civic... Very Happy

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 18th May 2009, 12:08 am

At any rate, for what the Civic and the Maz 3 costs, you can get a Forte and still leave like $10+k for strut bar, tyre+rim change, twin exhaust, chrome taillights, new number plates, decals, folding side mirrors, two way car alarm....
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 18th May 2009, 12:16 am

And still have spare for booze and parties

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 18th May 2009, 1:21 am

lordhawk wrote:At any rate, for what the Civic and the Maz 3 costs, you can get a Forte and still leave like $10+k for strut bar, tyre+rim change, twin exhaust, chrome taillights, new number plates, decals, folding side mirrors, two way car alarm....

I was thinking of holidays and baby savings actually haha.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th May 2009, 1:02 pm

my 10k is save for my japan honeymoon... hmmm but recently i've been thinking of borrowing some from the stash to use for mod car hehe shhhhh
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th May 2009, 1:04 pm

tish wrote:my 10k is save for my japan honeymoon... hmmm but recently i've been thinking of borrowing some from the stash to use for mod car hehe shhhhh

U been Japan?? I recommend Korea instead.... OT in other thread....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 18th May 2009, 1:07 pm

tish wrote:my 10k is save for my japan honeymoon... hmmm but recently i've been thinking of borrowing some from the stash to use for mod car hehe shhhhh

lols ..
u notty notty .
np for OT-ing .
TS give green light .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 21st May 2009, 3:38 pm

my last trip to Japan 2 wks 7k all in. so u have 3k spare can use for mod. hehe...

OTOT

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 21st May 2009, 3:40 pm

but anyway...

wef 21 may,

EX(A) 47999
SX(A) 52999

I feel that EX is losing its appeal as a budget car with this kind of pricing leh. not to mention it already have less airbag, less disc brake, blah blah...

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 21st May 2009, 4:06 pm

**face-palm srsly ..
tat's lyk to 3K from previous pricing !
i hope wif that 3K they'll speed up process for new buyer !
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 21st May 2009, 4:22 pm

52999 for 1.6SX(A)! That's more than my 2.0! Exclamation
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st May 2009, 4:27 pm

lucky we brought early...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 21st May 2009, 4:33 pm

those who booked in Apr get most worthy deal... santa
low price and get the most freebies, plus high coe... king

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 21st May 2009, 4:34 pm

47999 for the EX now.... Not worth at ALL..... Forte is selling so well tat the price is goin up so much..... I personally don't think is becoz of the COE..... Think C&C is trying to be funny ya....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 21st May 2009, 4:37 pm

Well, the way things are going, people buying cars like there's no tomorrow, even previously 'economy' cars are now jacking up prices.

Demand exceeds supply => price go up. What to do?

Oh wait, I already have my car...Smile
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 21st May 2009, 4:46 pm

wah lao hawk . ur sentence sure kena shoot by pple still waiting for their car to come !
tsk tsk tsk !
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 21st May 2009, 4:57 pm

Actually I do feel quite sorry for those who have been waiting for the past 5 rounds of COE with no-joy. C&C really did them a big disfavour, considering that it was their support (and deposit $$$) that allowed them to capture the share of market interest and make the Forte as hot as it is now.

But instead of cutting a satisfactory deal with them, they went ahead to fill the orders for those who bought postlaunch in March/April, just so they could still make a decent profit. At the rate Fortes are being sold (and the way COE is just up-up-and-away), it almost seems C&C is willing to forego all the remaining prelaunch orders and refund the deposits rather than honour the sales agreements.

But with them being the sole distros for Kia in SG, there's little anyone can really do. Many of those guys were as excited as I was when the whole thing started in Feb/Mar and there was all that activity over in HWZ and MCF. For some of us, the wait is over, thankfully. But for the rest, there is still no end in sight.

And that's how I really feel about the whole sorry thing.
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st May 2009, 5:04 pm

It's all the bottomline that counts, ... which business is out to lose money... with yesterday's COE of 9889 and pre-launch sale price of $44,999, C&C makes nothing....

OMV average 15000
Excise Duty 20% of OMV 3000
GST 7% 1260
ARF 100% of OMV 15000
Registration Fee 140
COE 9889
Road Tax 6 months x 1591cc 283
Radio License 6mths 13.5
Number plate 30
Total cost 44616
selling price 44999
Profit 384

Last edited by kapitan on 21st May 2009, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 21st May 2009, 5:06 pm

lordhawk wrote:Actually I do feel quite sorry for those who have been waiting for the past 5 rounds of COE with no-joy. C&C really did them a big disfavour, considering that it was their support (and deposit $$$) that allowed them to capture the share of market interest and make the Forte as hot as it is now.

But instead of cutting a satisfactory deal with them, they went ahead to fill the orders for those who bought postlaunch in March/April, just so they could still make a decent profit. At the rate Fortes are being sold (and the way COE is just up-up-and-away), it almost seems C&C is willing to forego all the remaining prelaunch orders and refund the deposits rather than honour the sales agreements.

But with them being the sole distros for Kia in SG, there's little anyone can really do. Many of those guys were as excited as I was when the whole thing started in Feb/Mar and there was all that activity over in HWZ and MCF. For some of us, the wait is over, thankfully. But for the rest, there is still no end in sight.

And that's how I really feel about the whole sorry thing.

Nope, wat i want to add on is those who bought in pre-lauch and early march are the buyers that i would want to honour if I am part of the manager. Why? Do think back early 2009, especially after CNY, every one is afraid of buying big tickets items,especially cars . Do think, When they are launching pre-launch , the signing up is only at most 200 to 300 .But ppl are not buying back then as compared today. Stats show that the sales are more than 1k which means more than 70% of the buyers never had the 2k discount. But why are those people still buying then. To me, if I am the management, I would very seriously want to thanks these group of people who stand by C&C then by support KIA. Those who book including myself are risking against all the odds to buy then.But yet that was the kind of treatment was given to us. Very sad! No

Last edited by dav2011 on 21st May 2009, 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 21st May 2009, 5:06 pm

Can't agree more with hawk bro.... C&C is too "proud" Kia may be "nothing" to them compared to the Merc n others they sale.... Can only say that Kia gave the dealership to the wrong company.... I think Hyundai dealer (Komo... Sorry I don't kw how to spell lah) is doing a much betta job then C&C and like I say the other time, my uncle went to Hyundai after kwing tat hv to wait so long for the car, COE & etc....

Alot of bros from the pre lauched batch has lost all 6 bids liao.... Haiz.... Hopefully C&C will wake up lah.....

All the best for those who r waiting for COE or Car to arrive....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 21st May 2009, 5:11 pm

COE bidding system is the Devil
AD of MIJ n Conti with higher margin can bids high high.
MIK AD n PI needs to sell n at razor thin margin.

No COE No $$$$$$$ Exclamation

This is the Dog eat Dog world of Car Biz. affraid
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 21st May 2009, 5:12 pm

kapitan wrote:It's all the bottomline that counts, ... which business is out to lose money... with yesterday's COE of 9889 and pre-launch sale price of $44,999, C&C makes nothing....

OMV average 15000
GST 7% 1260
ARF 100% of OMV 15000
Registration Fee 140
COE 9889
Radio License 6mths 13.5
Number plate 30
Total cost 44616
selling price 44999
Profit 384

I believe they had employed the wrong tactics ..To occupy with short terms goals and gains . I feel that they are too picky over little $$$. Thus, lost all in the end cheers
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 21st May 2009, 5:13 pm

Pay And Pay
Complain And COE-less
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st May 2009, 5:15 pm

COe is not the devil.... it is a good system, except that its being exploited by ADs and P&I. The system is suppose to be for the buying public to bid his/her own COE, but the function is taken over by the seller, so those with higher margin will bid more to ensure that they get the COE.

The government should hand the COE back to the buyer, maybe making the deposit smaller, or maybe only allow buyer to bid if he is registered to buy a car, not by the current system of depositing 10k. ADs and PIs are to sell cars without cost of COE factored in.

This way, it would really be a free market, I got money, I bid as I want the COE more then you.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 21st May 2009, 5:16 pm

Our economy are not out of the woods yet. But due to the tight control of the COE , thus selling price remains so high. Now can only do quality sales rather than quantity sales. haha
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 21st May 2009, 5:16 pm

luvxiaobeng wrote:Can't agree more with hawk bro.... C&C is too "proud" Kia may be "nothing" to them compared to the Merc n others they sale.... Can only say that Kia gave the dealership to the wrong company.... I think Hyundai dealer (Komo... Sorry I don't kw how to spell lah) is doing a much betta job then C&C and like I say the other time, my uncle went to Hyundai after kwing tat hv to wait so long for the car, COE & etc....

Alot of bros from the pre lauched batch has lost all 6 bids liao.... Haiz.... Hopefully C&C will wake up lah.....

Have to agree that C&C come across as a bit "proud". For those who have lost the 6 bids, what is the settlement now? Top up for open cat, or refund. Taking into account prices now, top up may be a better choice?

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 21st May 2009, 5:19 pm

fonefun610 wrote:
luvxiaobeng wrote:Can't agree more with hawk bro.... C&C is too "proud" Kia may be "nothing" to them compared to the Merc n others they sale.... Can only say that Kia gave the dealership to the wrong company.... I think Hyundai dealer (Komo... Sorry I don't kw how to spell lah) is doing a much betta job then C&C and like I say the other time, my uncle went to Hyundai after kwing tat hv to wait so long for the car, COE & etc....

Have to agree that C&C come across as a bit "proud". For those who have lost the 6 bids, what is the settlement now? Top up for open cat, or refund. Taking into account prices now, top up may be a better choice?

Presently, most likely have to top up .But guess not just 2k but more than that. I guess most will withdraw from KIA and buy other brands instead due to poor management and customer relationship
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 21st May 2009, 5:23 pm

I'm just sad to lose all those potential friends and fellow Forte fans. Crying or Very sad
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 21st May 2009, 5:25 pm

kapitan wrote:It's all the bottomline that counts, ... which business is out to lose money... with yesterday's COE of 9889 and pre-launch sale price of $44,999, C&C makes nothing....

OMV average 15000
GST 7% 1260
ARF 100% of OMV 15000
Registration Fee 140
COE 9889
Radio License 6mths 13.5
Number plate 30
Total cost 44616
selling price 44999
Profit 384

Based on above: CnC profit slightly less than $2k for my EX 1.6 Auto.
Pre-Launch Buyer n Open Cat COE!
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st May 2009, 5:26 pm

newsman wrote:

OMV average 15000
GST 7% 1260
ARF 100% of OMV 15000
Registration Fee 140
COE 9889
Radio License 6mths 13.5
Number plate 30
Total cost 44616
selling price 44999
Profit 384

Based on above: CnC profit slightly less than $2k for my EX 1.6 Auto.
Pre-Launch Buyer n Open Cat COE!

The above excludes the freebies given to you.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next