Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/

+24
lordhawk
ckpay
nocash
Juz@kid
BluRz
newsman
tiny
ano57
eraser
dreamzzlandz
impact2001
melburn
ForKia
saturnz^83
nothing
leo
luvxiaobeng
tish
ahben
Fortec
Terrier
dandeana21
greatgazoo
Leonard
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 12:59 am

Hi all, I'm kinda new here.
Anyway not sure if i posted at the correct section but hopefully those proud Cerato's owner out there can give me your views.

So here goes.
There's a dilemma that I'm having now.
My dad is actually interested in buying the SX (Manual) and previously, we head down for test drive, SE was lyk saying, "BUY EX .. THEN U UPGRADE MORE WU HUA ."
SE oso say top up 1K for Leather seat, Reverse sensor, Alarm + Throw in free solar film.

But then my dad didn't buy in as he feels tat buying the SX = The car comes in it's original factory setting and there's no hassle.

For those EX/SX driver out there. Was wondering what's the buying point that you guys bought SX compare to EX ?

My personal view is get EX then change to rim. Other PLUS on SX is consider to me as very very minor . Best feature would be the Traction Control (dunno how to upgrade outside) .. So yup yup .
Hope to hear from you guys soon (:

CHHEEERRRRRRS Very Happy
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty Re: Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/

Post by greatgazoo 6th May 2009, 1:17 am

???? Suspect Where this SE comes from.
I think this SE out there is trying to cheat you two to clear their EX manual stock. You have to make the final decision even if we advise you.
Although EX is cheaper, alot of small small things like silver dash board, cluster meter light, two air-bags, size of rim, reveal of exhaust pipe, etc... is the cause for the price difference.
There is a few more things I did not least out cos from your email, your dad simply just want a ride. The SX version are mean for people who are very particular about car and have a sporty look that's all.

Don't get cheated by you SE cos if you r buying EX, freebies like what you mention leather seats, Reverse Sensor, alarm, solar film you can get it free. The only thing which maybe need to pay is the BK. BK = bodykit like those racing cars you saw on the road.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Empty Re: Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 1:20 am

OK to answer to your reply ..
What are the other views if let say I buy EX then upgrade would tat be a wise choice ?

Cuz previously lyk i say , major concern is the RIMS other upgrade can be done oso .

Lastly .. i did see cluster meter light as the spec .
What does this poison do on SX ?
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 1:22 am

actually hor.. for me I buy SX coz of the traction control which may eventually help more in stability during driving bah.. furthermore, me drive to m'sia and tot it will be good to hv dat.. besides, installing traction control outside may cost more??

maybe u see if u can tahan the gear knob on EX first.. haha.. coz it looks juz like a golf ball stuck on a stick.. looks pretty funny though.. tongue
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 1:25 am

Confirm can tahan ! both my dad and i die hard manual fan !
drive manual LYK A SHOIK !
yeah .. traction control confirm outside do more expensive.
apart from that , now tat greatgazoo reply is true . but then where got SE so stupid . Sell sx = more commision no? y still recommend me to buy EX !
super dilemma . left friday till we head down to buy .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 1:27 am

ah?? SX oso got manual.. but the look of the gearknob for EX and SX models is different.. tongue
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 1:29 am

Noted wif ur heads up !
pls keep the 2cents info coming in .
Time kinda running out for me =/
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 6th May 2009, 1:31 am

dandeana21 wrote:ah?? SX oso got manual.. but the look of the gearknob for EX and SX models is different.. tongue

Arhh, dandeana you here for so long and you do not know there is manual for SX??? lol! I like that golf-ball look for manual and its like those sport car knob.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 1:33 am

YEAH .. it's omost the same as the current Civic Type - R .
but of cuz got a bit of diff .
wah diff abt 4-5K from EX to SX !!
jia lat .. wanna help my dad save money oso must think twice !
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 1:33 am

hahaha.. i noe SX got manual.. but dun noe the gearknob is the same for both manual EX and SX.. anyway, muz be time for me to go to bed liao. BLUR oredi.. lol!
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 1:34 am

hiak hiak.. who will be the one to drive most of the time ah?? tongue
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 1:37 am

My dad !
but of cuz , if can help he save money y not .
i tot SX oso but then somehow i think not worth it .
initial plan was buy EX make RIM to 17 from there zheng a lil here and there shld be ok !
i swear the front grill is ugly wif the KIA word infront !
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 6th May 2009, 1:40 am

Leonard wrote:Confirm can tahan ! both my dad and i die hard manual fan !
drive manual LYK A SHOIK !
yeah .. traction control confirm outside do more expensive.
apart from that , now tat greatgazoo reply is true . but then where got SE so stupid . Sell sx = more commision no? y still recommend me to buy EX !
super dilemma . left friday till we head down to buy .

Their commission is base how much you suck them (more freebies = less commission) and what is the period of the loan. Be it SX or EX, don't think there's much difference. The more you suck them the less they learn. The longer the loan, the more they learn.

My suggestion to you is
1) get EX (manual) if you find that you get more shiok by doing upgrade yourself and design the car of your own
preference plus cheaper ; or
2) get SX (manual) where everything has it.

You choice Very Happy One very important thing. Remember to ask for auto-fold mirror.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 1:56 am

TONS OF THANKS TO U BRO .
but if for SX doesn't it have Auto fold side mirror as the factory setting ?
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 6th May 2009, 10:02 am

Firstly can TCS customised from outside workshop?? I dont think so, it only comes with factory fitted. That is a additonal features to the car, not additonal accessories. Accessories we can add easily but for TCS i dont think so eh.. If can add.. How much to add this features? I believe is 1-2k, especially forte is a new model which does not have any used car can provide u the spare part.

Secondly 4k-5k what is that amount to you if u calculated in 10years? it just barely 400-500 per year and 40-50 per month! Alot i dont think so, if u see that amount is expensive.. go for RIO best edition instead! Because Forte is consider the cheap best selling car now! Why people still preferred EX edition, because the feel the basic car fulfill their requirement, so does EX fulfill both you and your dad requirement?

Lastly, go with what you like. People here can only give you suggestion but dont pick on people if you followed closely to their suggestion and turned out to be not what you like. (dont worry not against you but just to prevent future misunderstanding) Very Happy
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 6th May 2009, 10:11 am

Initially I want to go for the EX coz I just need a basic car within 50k budget and Forte looks good with ok features.

But I went for the SX instead coz I don't think my CFO will allow me to do much to the car have I bought the EX.

Get the EX if you plan to heavy mod ur car. U got a few K to start with already compare to SX.

Get a SE who's willing to throw in leather, reverse sensors, solar flim, bk and maybe the control moving mirrors. You won't be much far off from an SX already.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by ahben 6th May 2009, 10:54 am

If u compare the specs, for 4-5k to get the instrument cluster + 17" rims + auto climatic aircon + reverse sensor + all the deco chrome parts and leather seats is quite a decent deal.

Personally, i'm a no frills guy so if the difference is not significantly big, then might as well have it in the package.

ahben

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th May 2009, 11:05 am

Leonard wrote:Noted wif ur heads up !

Bro, the EX now is very lousy, Ex use to have disc brakes on all four. now is only 2. Despite all the add on accessories n features, i think its still worth the extra few K to get an SX, factory fitted has some warranty and u wont waste the effort trying to get from outside.

Unless from the beginning u intend to tiao engine and do a full make over...

That is from my point of view.... but if ur daddy is paying, then let him decide loh Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 6th May 2009, 11:27 am

Leonard wrote:Hi all, I'm kinda new here.
Anyway not sure if i posted at the correct section but hopefully those proud Cerato's owner out there can give me your views.

So here goes.
There's a dilemma that I'm having now.
My dad is actually interested in buying the SX (Manual) and previously, we head down for test drive, SE was lyk saying, "BUY EX .. THEN U UPGRADE MORE WU HUA ."
SE oso say top up 1K for Leather seat, Reverse sensor, Alarm + Throw in free solar film.

But then my dad didn't buy in as he feels tat buying the SX = The car comes in it's original factory setting and there's no hassle.

For those EX/SX driver out there. Was wondering what's the buying point that you guys bought SX compare to EX ?

My personal view is get EX then change to rim. Other PLUS on SX is consider to me as very very minor . Best feature would be the Traction Control (dunno how to upgrade outside) .. So yup yup .
Hope to hear from you guys soon (:

CHHEEERRRRRRS Very Happy

Hey Leonard bro.... I am an EX owner lah..... My first intension was to buy an SX becoz like wat all others say.... It's the out look of the car...The difference from EX to SX is good to have but not a muz have.... @ tat moment when I was choosin the difference was S$4000.... for alot of things....but we choose EX in the end.... becoz for SX Wat they have given you for the $4000 top up, yes is alot, but it may not be wat you wan or like, I would rather save the $4000 to later "zhng" to wat I like.... you see, although overall you may spent even more, but it is a own time own target thing, and most importantly It's your dream car tat you r turnin it into. but if I buy SX then I change tis change tat, then a bit sayang lah.... Very Happy juz to clarify mine is Old EX so come with 2 air bags and blah blah blah ar..... ( clarify becoz I think air bag very important lah)....waahahah
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 11:36 am

thanks all !
ive taken quite a lot of pts !
hmmm ok ! decided liao ..
SX for the win .
update u guys soon .. now the prob is if friday settle when will come sia . i see some guys saying their car coming in July . wah got so long anot ? Shocked
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 6th May 2009, 11:39 am

btw, get the 2L if possible, the 1.6L is good for cruisng around only.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 11:40 am

no 2L not possible . my dad and i set our mind to get 1.6 for sure . only wad version to drive on .
but now decided le .. hehehs =X
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 6th May 2009, 11:43 am

Are u aware of the knocking sound????
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th May 2009, 11:50 am

u so fast frighten people off, then ask people get 2 liter.... u damn scary like ur avatar... smack ur pipi Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 6th May 2009, 11:52 am

As much as I love my Forte, I want to be honest and not get his hopes up too high.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 6th May 2009, 12:20 pm

knocking sound can live with mah...just turn up the volume on your ICE...

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 6th May 2009, 12:22 pm

Earlier batch EX is worth buy but current EX will be strip to bare minimum....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th May 2009, 12:25 pm

Fortec wrote:As much as I love my Forte, I want to be honest and not get his hopes up too high.

quite true, providing with some infos of current problem will help them decide too...

anyway the knocking problem is something is loose, i believe this can be solve soon, just that no mech in SG is willing to take the time to source the problem from the way i look at the post...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 6th May 2009, 12:30 pm

tish wrote:

Bro, the EX now is very lousy, Ex use to have disc brakes on all four. now is only 2. Despite all the add on accessories n features, i think its still worth the extra few K to get an SX, factory fitted has some warranty and u wont waste the effort trying to get from outside.

That is from my point of view.... but if ur daddy is paying, then let him decide loh Smile

How come now the EX only 2 disc brakes where first few batches have 4? Heard from my SE too that previously EX has 2 airbags, now only one. Am i right?

But heng ar..mine is 4 disc brakes.. Smile
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 6th May 2009, 2:18 pm

Yes, current EX only with front disc rear drum and only 1 airbag.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ForKia 6th May 2009, 2:33 pm

Hi, Tish is right the current EX is lousy only come with 2 disc brake and 1 air bag. The previous EX is a good buy (S$42,999) miss the opportunity. Crying or Very sad
Will see how is the COE before booking the Forte, hopefully the car price don't move up some more.

Hi Leonard, there are 18 differents bet EX and SX for the diff price of S$5K. It all depend on what you want. Actually I understand how you feel as I'm also deciding which one to buy. Rolling Eyes

ForKia

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 6th May 2009, 3:36 pm

srs ah ForKia ..
actually i decided SX .. think u shld go ahead wif it . funny thing not many pple @ here recommend EX ..
so u noe larh ?
eyes @ SX SX SX *wink wink (:
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th May 2009, 11:40 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:
tish wrote:

How come now the EX only 2 disc brakes where first few batches have 4? Heard from my SE too that previously EX has 2 airbags, now only one. Am i right?

But heng ar..mine is 4 disc brakes.. Smile

bro , i believe the initial sales were to attract people to buy forte coz it was first lunch in SG FEB 09, since now it got popular, they maybe going budget and cut cost by lowering their accessories Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Icon-faint
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 6th May 2009, 11:50 pm

They probably have to in order to keep up with the rising COEs keeping the sale price within the 50k region.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 7th May 2009, 12:17 am

ForKia wrote:Hi, Tish is right the current EX is lousy only come with 2 disc brake and 1 air bag. The previous EX is a good buy (S$42,999) miss the opportunity. Crying or Very sad
Will see how is the COE before booking the Forte, hopefully the car price don't move up some more.

Hi Leonard, there are 18 differents bet EX and SX for the diff price of S$5K. It all depend on what you want. Actually I understand how you feel as I'm also deciding which one to buy. Rolling Eyes

Actually depends on ur needs, some of the 18 differences is just cosmetic purposes which does not really make any diff.

For me i took EX coz of budget and also my SE gave me ard 5-6 stuffs to cover the differences (eg. leather seats, sensors, chrome handles etc) so i feel nt much diff between EX and SX.

Very Happy
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 7th May 2009, 10:17 pm

Can somebody tell me does the new batch forte come with the start stop button.. cos there is someone who argue with me that new batch got push button liao.. I had stopped following the updated spec or prices since the bk launch..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 7th May 2009, 10:51 pm

i think start and stop is for 2L ?
not sure . but i doubt 1.6 be it ex or sx got tat function .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 7th May 2009, 11:17 pm

when i bought mine, 2l or 1.6l both dun have. if 2L got, i sure got for it liao.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 8th May 2009, 1:11 am

impact2001 wrote:Can somebody tell me does the new batch forte come with the start stop button.. cos there is someone who argue with me that new batch got push button liao.. I had stopped following the updated spec or prices since the bk launch..

it is true that the new batch come with the push button? I read that the new batch come with auto folding mirror.... WOW, new batch got so many features. is it true? So those who are getting their cars in July/Aug considered new or old cars?
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 8th May 2009, 1:44 am

I thought the start stop button was for the keyless start and keyless entry(transponder in pocket style) version and that version is not available in SG. I think the auto fold mirror should be a welcome feature instead of the start button. Whats the point of putting in key to turn on and press start when you are another turn away from starting the engine ? so it makes more sense for the true keyless entry version.

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 8th May 2009, 7:38 am

eraser wrote:I thought the start stop button was for the keyless start and keyless entry(transponder in pocket style) version and that version is not available in SG. I think the auto fold mirror should be a welcome feature instead of the start button. Whats the point of putting in key to turn on and press start when you are another turn away from starting the engine ? so it makes more sense for the true keyless entry version.

i mean keyless start for new batch.. i also not sure if auto fold mirror part of the new batch.. look like i need to go check out.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 8th May 2009, 10:23 am

if there is a start stop, u will still need to insert a device into the car. that will activate the start stop button and power up for radio if u do not want to start the engine....

the device should look like a key handle without the tip with edges n holes.

Cerato Forte buying recommendations =/ Equipment_carkey
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 8th May 2009, 5:41 pm

OK GUYS NEW UPDATES .
Tok to my fren who's an agent ..
Kia had a meeting last nite .
so here it goes for the new 1.6 SX version (Manual) .

it's $46, 999 + $1500(w/o finance) new batch come in so got Retractable mirror BUT no BK (top up $1500 for BK)..
other freebies include Solar Film + Car Mat ..
Pricing above = Non guaranteed COE bid Sad

SE ? let me secure my forte than i release more info abt the SE Very Happy:D:D

Last edited by Leonard on 8th May 2009, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 8th May 2009, 6:16 pm

retractable mirror is 200-250 =_= ......Locally added in feature.. Not New batch come in... This only to bluff kids =_=.....
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 8th May 2009, 6:18 pm

hmm ..
nvm betta than nth .
since my SE confirm say included in freebies .
take only loh .
beta than nth .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 8th May 2009, 7:39 pm

so the 2.0 liters still dont have the push button?

i heard 1.6 all no push button, just like the sun roof function
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 8th May 2009, 7:45 pm

Frankly, what's the big deal with the push button? It's one more step, you have to plug the car key in and turn it to "on" position.

I tried it on my friend's civic typeR, I think it's quite silly. I'll rather a one button to remotely unlock the doors and start the engine, so I can do that when I'm walking to the car as the time for me to sit in and buckle up would take about 15secs..can drive off immediately..

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 8th May 2009, 7:48 pm

1 man meat maybe another women's poison mah....

anyway i will prefer to have the push button, the device without the key metal will not poke my pocket and loos neater...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 8th May 2009, 7:49 pm

tiny wrote:Frankly, what's the big deal with the push button? It's one more step, you have to plug the car key in and turn it to "on" position.

I tried it on my friend's civic typeR, I think it's quite silly. I'll rather a one button to remotely unlock the doors and start the engine, so I can do that when I'm walking to the car as the time for me to sit in and buckle up would take about 15secs..can drive off immediately..

2nd that.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next