Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
GPS to recommend Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
GPS to recommend Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
GPS to recommend Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
GPS to recommend Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
GPS to recommend Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
GPS to recommend Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
GPS to recommend Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
GPS to recommend Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
GPS to recommend Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

GPS to recommend

4 posters

Go down

GPS to recommend Empty GPS to recommend

Post by HoLH123 1st May 2009, 2:35 pm

hi guys, which GPS would you recommend?

HoLH123

Back to top Go down

GPS to recommend Empty Re: GPS to recommend

Post by graysgerald79 1st May 2009, 6:07 pm

I was thinking of installing one when my car arrives... i saw my friend using a Garmin one... not too bad....

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 1st May 2009, 7:23 pm

GPS are all the same now.. U have to look for GPS which either support MapKing or Malsing maps.

The good thing for Garmin is you can add your own map instead of using the license copy. WHY? because license copy took months to update the map but edit your own map is daily/weekly/monthly thingy. If you dont know how to edit/crack your own map, contribute whatever you can at malsing.com and they will share their latest map with you.

Other brands GPS e.g. Marbella is using MapKing license map. Mapking created their own source and the application can only use on winCE platform. Therefore end-user will not be able to edit their own map or use their own map freely like Garmin. This is why it required Months for the next latest map.

Some people choose GPS not because of the map, but more to what the machine can do and provide? Some can provide video, games, bluetooth, music and etc.

So no its hard to recommend which is really good as different pple go different preference just like buying a mobile phone. I cant advise you said that NOKIA is the BEST cause SE might be the BEST in pple views.

Wait for the next IT show, there will have GPS like Garmin, Holux, Marbella and many others.. Just go one by one and see which give u the best features and buy that. The price is more likely the same but different features only.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by r11s 2nd May 2009, 5:20 pm

Terrier wrote:GPS are all the same now.. U have to look for GPS which either support MapKing or Malsing maps.

The good thing for Garmin is you can add your own map instead of using the license copy. WHY? because license copy took months to update the map but edit your own map is daily/weekly/monthly thingy. If you dont know how to edit/crack your own map, contribute whatever you can at malsing.com and they will share their latest map with you.

Other brands GPS e.g. Marbella is using MapKing license map. Mapking created their own source and the application can only use on winCE platform. Therefore end-user will not be able to edit their own map or use their own map freely like Garmin. This is why it required Months for the next latest map.

Some people choose GPS not because of the map, but more to what the machine can do and provide? Some can provide video, games, bluetooth, music and etc.

So no its hard to recommend which is really good as different pple go different preference just like buying a mobile phone. I cant advise you said that NOKIA is the BEST cause SE might be the BEST in pple views.

Wait for the next IT show, there will have GPS like Garmin, Holux, Marbella and many others.. Just go one by one and see which give u the best features and buy that. The price is more likely the same but different features only.

hi bro terrier, u mean if we buy garmnin gps we can install any city map around the world??
so the install map of other country will be free or theres charges??
cause i inend to bring my gps when ever i go holiday.

beside garmin, is mapking or malsing have thaiand map?? may need thai map as im goin to drive up to phuket.

r11s

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 2nd May 2009, 6:36 pm

The GPS i have is Marbella which supported MapKing map. If need other country Maps, I can request it from Marbella distributor for free.. See www.makagps.com

My Nokia phone is installed with Garmin GPS application and their maps supported *.img format, which means if you need other country maps you can search online where people usually shared it. So far I manage to get Australia, HK, Thailand, Msia map.. All these resources can be find via google...
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down