Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Manual Override Problem. Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Manual Override Problem. Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Manual Override Problem. Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Manual Override Problem. Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Manual Override Problem. Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Manual Override Problem. Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Manual Override Problem. Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Manual Override Problem. Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Manual Override Problem. Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Manual Override Problem.

+7
Terrier
greatgazoo
muff
Fortec
nothing
tish
pbeyondp
11 posters

Go down

Manual Override Problem. Empty Manual Override Problem.

Post by pbeyondp 28th April 2009, 1:56 pm

Hi forte owners (auto),

try going to manual override mode by shifting gear level to the left to engage +/- mode.

For my forte, it can ONLY go + but - seems to have ZERO effect.

pls help me verify if u guys have the same issue.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Manual Override Problem. Empty Re: Manual Override Problem.

Post by tish 28th April 2009, 2:01 pm

hmm, its suppose to stay in beween - and +.

when u need to shift up gear, u push ur gear lever up where the + is and vice verse for down.

It shouldnt stay in the + position.....

u need to check with other auto drivers as i havet got my ride, its bas on my experience when i engage the electronic manual during test drive.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th April 2009, 2:05 pm

U meant when u down shift using the manual override, there isn't any effect? May I know at what speed did u down shift? try upon starting yr ride, using manual up shift and then stay at gear 2 (up shift twice) observe the rpm...it should shot up if u step on but speed should relatively stay put....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 28th April 2009, 3:05 pm

hi, i also have a mazda3 which has manual override.

so i'm quite informed about staying within the permitted rpm when down or upshifting.

basically my observation is that my downshift (-) seems to be faulty.
Even if i push it down, it'll not go down.

for instance, when i'm at 70km/hr 4th gear. I wanna go 3rd gear by pushing the manual override stick downwards -, it'll still remain at 4th.

another eg, when at a traffic light, with my car stationary, i use the manual mode to go up to gear 2 (for fun), then when i push it back to gear 1, it simply cannot engage but will remain at gear 2.

from these 2 examples, it seemed evident that the manual override - mode is faulty.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 28th April 2009, 3:07 pm

tish wrote:hmm, its suppose to stay in beween - and +.

when u need to shift up gear, u push ur gear lever up where the + is and vice verse for down.

It shouldnt stay in the + position.....

u need to check with other auto drivers as i havet got my ride, its bas on my experience when i engage the electronic manual during test drive.

hi tish,

u got me wrong. sorry for my poor explanation.

my gear lever is indeed in between the +/- position.

its not the physical position of the lever (which is working well), its the actual gear itself not engaged.

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 3:09 pm

That sounds like a real mechanical problem, suggest you bring it back to the service center asap and have them look at it.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th April 2009, 3:16 pm

pls remember to post the finding from CnC.......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th April 2009, 4:56 pm

in that case, get back to CnC asap and feedback the issue to them.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 11:04 pm

Hmm.... Me hvnt try the manual override. Will try mind and let you know.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 28th April 2009, 11:08 pm

need to add this to the list whichever bro collecting their ride
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th April 2009, 11:32 am

Fortec wrote:That sounds like a real mechanical problem, suggest you bring it back to the service center asap and have them look at it.

steptronic is not mechanical, its electronic right?

smack ur pipi lol!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 29th April 2009, 11:36 am

A Tiptronic transmission can operate in the same manner as a conventional type of automatic transmission, but the second and sometimes third mode also allows the driver an additional method of manually overriding the automatic shift changes, by moving the shift lever into a second shift gate, equipped with two spring-loaded positions: "upshift" and "downshift". Once the lever is in this gate, the driver takes over most of the gear shifting decisions, which would ordinarily be performed by the transmission's computer, permitting, for example, the delaying of an upshift for increased acceleration, to increase the effect of the engine braking, to prevent shifts in curves, to shift down before passing, or to shift early in economic acceleration. On some models, the upshift and downshift operations can also be commanded by push-buttons or "paddle shifters" installed on the steering wheel, with an optional display in the instrument panel indicating the current gear selection. And since adding Tiptronic to a (semi-)automatic transmission merely means to plug a new shift lever into the computer and update the software, it is light and cheap.
Though Tiptronic transmissions allow the driver a certain measure of discrete control, the Tiptronic design is implemented using a torque converter like other automatic transmissions. A true Tiptronic transmission is not a computer controlled manual transmission (with a conventional clutch), or semi-automatic transmission. Most Tiptronic implementations still make some shifts automatically, primarily to protect the engine and transmission. For example, as used by licensee Audi, their five-speed Tiptronic will automatically make the upshifts from 1 to 2 when moving off from a stop, even when in manual mode; the transmission then waits for the user's upshift command before proceeding from 2 to 3, 3 to 4 and 4 to 5, although the transmission will still upshift if the redline is approached. On deceleration, the transmission will make all downshifts automatically when close to the tick-over or idle speed, to avoid running the engine at too-low an RPM, although the user can accelerate any downshift (that would not violate the redline), thus allowing improved engine braking, or preparation for intended acceleration.
Most luxury vehicles with a Tiptronic transmission have two fully-automatic modes: the primary mode, identified as "Drive", "Comfort" or similar; and another, usually called "Sport," which delays upshifts for a sportier driving at the expense of fuel, wear, comfort, and noise. Furthermore, because modern Tiptronic-type transmissions now utilize electronics, incorporating an electronic control unit (ECU), sometimes specifically referred to as the transmission control unit, the ECUs are able to use "fuzzy logic", which means that the operation of the transmission is said to be "adaptive", whereby it will "learn" how the user drives the car, and will tailor the automatic shift points accordingly. This adapts to the demands being placed upon the car by the driver. In this way, shift quality has been improved due to better electronic controls.
Some automakers offer paddle shifters behind the steering wheel for controlling their similar transmissions.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Flarea 29th April 2009, 11:49 am

tish wrote:
Fortec wrote:That sounds like a real mechanical problem, suggest you bring it back to the service center asap and have them look at it.

steptronic is not mechanical, its electronic right?

smack ur pipi lol!

Off topic abit, but Tish, I notice you have a strange obsession with my husband's pipi. Suspect Suspect Suspect
Flarea
Flarea

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th April 2009, 12:16 pm

u also off topic hehe, but when i look at his avatar i really feel like doingthat lol!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Flarea 29th April 2009, 1:05 pm

tish wrote:u also off topic hehe, but when i look at his avatar i really feel like doingthat lol!

eh ya..when i say off topic, i'm refering to my own comment.
Flarea
Flarea

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 29th April 2009, 2:14 pm

did sumone ever try or check when u use e manual gear be it at any gear e + or - position after dat look at e speedometer... it should be reading 1,2,3 or 4. indicating at what gear u r. coz when using auto gear n e gear lever is position at D, e speedometer should read D.

hopefully my explaination is easy to understand...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 29th April 2009, 9:32 pm

pbeyondp wrote:Hi forte owners (auto),

try going to manual override mode by shifting gear level to the left to engage +/- mode.

For my forte, it can ONLY go + but - seems to have ZERO effect.

pls help me verify if u guys have the same issue.

Okie. Just tested out and confirmed that when i shift down (-), my gear at the display will drop. pbeyondp I think this is a serious problem for you and you definately have to tell them fixed it for you.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Flywheel 2nd May 2009, 1:31 am

during the test drive in ubi, SE explained that the SX(auto) manual shift could only shift up gear to '+' , and can't shift down gear ('-'). The car will shift down gear automatically when apply break. Otherwise, was I testing a faulty gear box car?
Flywheel
Flywheel

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 2nd May 2009, 9:26 am

My SE told me the same thing, but for example u are at 4th gear of the automatic you need to overtake, you have to shift to S-tronic, 1 step down to 3rd gear and accecrate than change to 4th gear..
Than you got the power to overtake...anyone try this before?
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 2nd May 2009, 11:04 am

Flywheel wrote:during the test drive in ubi, SE explained that the SX(auto) manual shift could only shift up gear to '+' , and can't shift down gear ('-'). The car will shift down gear automatically when apply break. Otherwise, was I testing a faulty gear box car?

This is bullshit. I can do shift down "-". I guess nowadays SE need to send to training before they are qualify to do sales. x
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 2nd May 2009, 11:10 am

nocash wrote:My SE told me the same thing, but for example u are at 4th gear of the automatic you need to overtake, you have to shift to S-tronic, 1 step down to 3rd gear and accecrate than change to 4th gear..
Than you got the power to overtake...anyone try this before?

I've tried, test confirm. Can feel the car more power when change to S-tronic.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 2nd May 2009, 12:34 pm

e SE i tink no nutz bout e + n - gear. there always a function to e + n - gear if not for wat e thing for...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd May 2009, 1:08 pm

The S-tronic can down shift gear manually.

I think what the SE meant is.....when u just press the brake ...... and u forgot to downshift ur gear....it will auto downshift for u so your car won't vibrate like crazy.

Do note that the S-tronic will not upshift ur gear automatically for u so watch ur tacho meter and upshift accordingly.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down