Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

'King King Kent' sound coming from below car

+3
greatgazoo
scorpey
meeoows
7 posters

Go down

'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty 'King King Kent' sound coming from below car

Post by meeoows 18th October 2009, 7:29 pm

Hi all bros and sis, just want to ask if any of your cars give out a 'king king kent' sound after you parked your car? It's coming somewhere from below the car. Some told me it's from the aircon some say it's exhaust pipe..but it seems to be coming from middle of the car. The sound is quite loud actually...can still hear when i'm 3 or 4 cars away.

Anybody can advise? Hope it has nothing to do with safety issues. Pls help, thanks!
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty Re: 'King King Kent' sound coming from below car

Post by meeoows 19th October 2009, 12:22 am

so scorpey, your car still have the sound now? they say it's normal but how come others dont have this sound leh. it's there even after a short ride, dont know what's wrong. sigh.
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Empty Re: 'King King Kent' sound coming from below car

Post by scorpey 19th October 2009, 11:36 am

yeah.. the sound it there to stay! in fact it started softly and now it is louder! guess u r the first person having same problem as me.. ya, even short drive oso got tat metal knocking sound..
i also asked the guy same Question (How come other fortes dun hv this?) when they told me it's normal.. he cannot answer.. anyway just to check.. it urs 2.0SX and when u get ur car? mine is 2.0SX (A) got my car in June.. but even 2.0L got this problem.. the other 2.0L bros seem like dun hv this problem leh..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 19th October 2009, 12:36 pm

Me also got problem with this and is getting louder. That's is also why when I come to a stationery position, I will shift to neutral to reduce that irritating sound. When try off the air-con, the sound coming softer. When on back the air-con, that sound come back again and when engage to "D", it's even louder.

Anybody here went back to serving and had it rectified already?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 19th October 2009, 12:45 pm

Greatgazoo u oso got this problem? actually for me, during driving quite hard to hear it one leh.. cos sound coming from outside (undercarriage).. unless drive with window down n not much noise from the road then plus paying attention then i can hear it..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 19th October 2009, 12:53 pm

scorpey wrote:Greatgazoo u oso got this problem? actually for me, during driving quite hard to hear it one leh.. cos sound coming from outside (undercarriage).. unless drive with window down n not much noise from the road then plus paying attention then i can hear it..

Yup I got this problem also. You try my style to detect the sound if what I mention above is true.

When first start the engine no problem. But when engage gear, this shaking sound comes out with the air-con switch on. The sound become softer if air-con is switch off. And when shift to neutral, sound softer or sometimes disappear.

Really need some them to do a serious recification on this problem.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 19th October 2009, 1:02 pm

yah.. sian... btw urs is 1.6 or 2.0?
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 19th October 2009, 2:31 pm

scorpey wrote:yah.. sian... btw urs is 1.6 or 2.0?

Mind 1.6A
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 19th October 2009, 4:35 pm

I have a similar problem 2 months back and was diagnosed with a faulty muffler, which they gave a replacement and then now things are normal now.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 19th October 2009, 10:36 pm

scorpey wrote:yeah.. the sound it there to stay! in fact it started softly and now it is louder! guess u r the first person having same problem as me.. ya, even short drive oso got tat metal knocking sound..
i also asked the guy same Question (How come other fortes dun hv this?) when they told me it's normal.. he cannot answer.. anyway just to check.. it urs 2.0SX and when u get ur car? mine is 2.0SX (A) got my car in June.. but even 2.0L got this problem.. the other 2.0L bros seem like dun hv this problem leh..

mine is 2.0L SX auto. I really dont think it's due to the exhaust pipe cooling down. Cos after a short ride, the sound is also present...not very possible right?
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 19th October 2009, 10:38 pm

ozzie75 wrote:I have a similar problem 2 months back and was diagnosed with a faulty muffler, which they gave a replacement and then now things are normal now.
'

ozzie, where did u go to have your car diagnosed? C&C? They replaced it free of charge? Yours also have the sound only when u park your car?
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 19th October 2009, 10:42 pm

I'm sure this King King Kent sound is not from the muffler, it'w quite obvious from the front underneath for my case.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 19th October 2009, 10:57 pm

could it be cold condensed water from aircon pipe dripping onto the hot exhaust pipe ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 20th October 2009, 11:59 am

Gazoo, do u think it could be due to the additional stuffs that we installed in our car? But so far i've only installed mcd's 5 in 1 though.
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 20th October 2009, 12:21 pm

Meeoows, im feeling the same as u.. it may not be the exhaust.. its easy for CnC to just point out somethg common and tats it.. fyi, i dun think it due to those items u install.. mine very stock condition oso got this problem..

Ozzie, Thanks for ur input.. will ask them to check my muffler next servicing.. can u share where u went for the rectification? and btw urs 2.0L?
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremy75 20th October 2009, 6:05 pm

mine is once i start right..there is this tic tic tic sound.. after move off .. then no more.. dunno whether same anot

jeremy75

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 20th October 2009, 6:07 pm

scorpey wrote:Meeoows, im feeling the same as u.. it may not be the exhaust.. its easy for CnC to just point out somethg common and tats it.. fyi, i dun think it due to those items u install.. mine very stock condition oso got this problem..

Ozzie, Thanks for ur input.. will ask them to check my muffler next servicing.. can u share where u went for the rectification? and btw urs 2.0L?

No worries. Mine's a humble 1.6 M. Smile I don't think the tinking sound is part of the car package. Smile

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 20th October 2009, 6:14 pm

I think there r too many "king-king", "ting-ting", "tong-tong" sounds we have encountered.. i got a feeling that my problem is similar to ozzie and maybe meeoows too.. Anyway i will bring it up again for my next servicing n update u guys..

Ozzie >> Thanks!! Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 20th October 2009, 6:26 pm

Will any outside mechanics or any workshops be able to check for us? CnC always try to push it away by saying it's normal. I dont mind spending some money to put my heart at ease though.
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 20th October 2009, 8:38 pm

meeoows wrote:Hi all bros and sis, just want to ask if any of your cars give out a 'king king kent' sound after you parked your car? It's coming somewhere from below the car. Some told me it's from the aircon some say it's exhaust pipe..but it seems to be coming from middle of the car. The sound is quite loud actually...can still hear when i'm 3 or 4 cars away.

Anybody can advise? Hope it has nothing to do with safety issues. Pls help, thanks!

you are hearing this noise even when yr car is stationary and with the engine turn-off ?

you also mentioned that you've installed the 4 in 1 package which would have included a Cycle Power System mounted onto the exhaust system (pic from MCD) ?
I think it is best to report the noise to them for further troubleshooting.....

'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Exhaust%202
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 20th October 2009, 11:17 pm

muff wrote:
meeoows wrote:Hi all bros and sis, just want to ask if any of your cars give out a 'king king kent' sound after you parked your car? It's coming somewhere from below the car. Some told me it's from the aircon some say it's exhaust pipe..but it seems to be coming from middle of the car. The sound is quite loud actually...can still hear when i'm 3 or 4 cars away.

you are hearing this noise even when yr car is stationary and with the engine turn-off ?

you also mentioned that you've installed the 4 in 1 package which would have included a Cycle Power System mounted onto the exhaust system (pic from MCD) ?
I think it is best to report the noise to them for further troubleshooting.....

'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Exhaust%202

Yup, in fact i only hear this tick tick sound after i parked my car. I dont know if there's any ticking sound when driving cos maybe outside noise too loud..but i'll try to hear if there's any noise when driving tomorrow.

Yah..i can still hear the noise when i'm 3 or 4 cars away, but only in MSCP at night...when it's quite quiet. It sounds like using a thin metal stick to hit another metal piece,but got 2 different tone.

I've asked MCD about this, but they also say it's due to cooling down of the exhaust pipe. But according to Scorpey, he has this sound and he didnt install anything to his car yet, but probably not due to the 5in1 i guess. It's the car problem.
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 20th October 2009, 11:29 pm

Definitely is not cooling of the exhaust pipe... Sometimes early morning i went get my ride and put my things behind, i can hear the tin tin sound whenever i slam the door (Dun tell me one whole night not enough to cool the exhaust huh).. Its quite intermittent.. Sometimes slam door, bo sound one.. So I basically dunno how to simulate the problem.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 21st October 2009, 12:45 am

aiyo...it's really a problem when we dunno how to solve the problem.

anybody elses car have this noise? or we are the only few 'heng' ones?
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st October 2009, 10:18 pm

'King King Kent' sound coming from below car Lol Ya, we are really the few "Heng" ones.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 21st October 2009, 11:34 pm

meeoows wrote:aiyo...it's really a problem when we dunno how to solve the problem.

Juz to be sure.....think you should drive up to MCD workshop....... get them to raise car up high asap ....inspect the exhaust system by standing directly under the car......try to hear where the sound is coming from (you mentioned that it is audible a few car distance away with car parked and engine turn-off).
Also take the opportunity to inspect all the exhaust joints for security (held by bolts & nut), check if any nuts are loosen (previously your exhaust joint has been disturbed by the mod) .....nut that are not correctly tightened may work itself loose under the intense vibration under daily usage. This may cause the joint to loosen on one end (small gap) and this may also be the source for that sound you are hearing...hopefully with this check you would be able to know where the sound is coming from....

happened to me before on another ride....heard this "king king kent" sound too (but only when engine is running).....did the above check at a car workshop and found one of the two nut at a exhaust joint below the engine was loosen and got it tighten and the noise gone.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by meeoows 22nd October 2009, 1:54 am

muff wrote:
meeoows wrote:aiyo...it's really a problem when we dunno how to solve the problem.

Juz to be sure.....think you should drive up to MCD workshop....... get them to raise car up high asap ....inspect the exhaust system by standing directly under the car......try to hear where the sound is coming from (you mentioned that it is audible a few car distance away with car parked and engine turn-off).
Also take the opportunity to inspect all the exhaust joints for security (held by bolts & nut), check if any nuts are loosen (previously your exhaust joint has been disturbed by the mod) .....nut that are not correctly tightened may work itself loose under the intense vibration under daily usage. This may cause the joint to loosen on one end (small gap) and this may also be the source for that sound you are hearing...hopefully with this check you would be able to know where the sound is coming from....

happened to me before on another ride....heard this "king king kent"
sound too (but only when engine is running).....did the above check at
a car workshop and found one of the two nut at a exhaust joint below
the engine was loosen and got it tighten and the noise gone.....

Thanks for yr advice Muff.

Gazoo: you're on good terms with mcd, do u think we can ask them to do us a favour to check? It seems that the noise is not intermittent now..it's always there after every ride now. Although it's not really bothering me, but worried about safety issues *headache*
meeoows
meeoows

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 22nd October 2009, 3:26 am

ok, will let you all know.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down