Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag

+13
The Blue Cruiser
josephlhc94
FriesL
joepele
keigo
kysoong
Terrier
Daniel^Bigcow
aural
ace
Divine
JuanST
lukester
17 posters

Go down

tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag

Post by lukester 29th September 2009, 10:13 am

oh well, i tested my 4 disc brake yesterday on TPE.
a kelisa keep attempting to jam brake infront of me since is cut infront of me,and when finally there was a traffic build up, he braked so late that i only had less than 1 second to react. that moment i was thinking if i should brake or give up and bang him. luckily i decided to test our forte 4 disc brake, so... I used my full right leg strength till everything on my seats fell on the floor board.

heng i dun tailgate still got 1 or 2 cm to spare infornt of me and no cars behind me.

if not i can even test my airbags.

for me, next time i see small tin can cars or old cars, i will not follow behind their back. seems like they have nothign to lose even if they get bang so they don't care about people driving behind them.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty Re: tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag

Post by JuanST 29th September 2009, 10:17 am

ya lah.... maybe one of those crazy repair shop scams... good thing ur ok.... better not test the brakes too often, might just fail and if the time comes hopefully the airbag/headrest work.... drive safely bro.... tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Icon_eek
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Empty Re: tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag

Post by lukester 29th September 2009, 10:47 am

well, i already felt my brakes abit not biting already, and its almost time for my 5k.

sending in tmr though.

phew, today and tmr extra careful
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 29th September 2009, 10:57 am

time for big brake kit ATS mini 6 pot anyone? lolx then u can give him eat ur 6 pot lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 29th September 2009, 11:02 am

So lukester, you experience the ABS then?

I also tested my 4 disc brakes a few days ago when a clown driving a Comfort taxi jump out of the merging lane from PIE to CTE without looking while I was coming up the slip road from Upper Serangoon to join the slipway going to the southbound CTE. Nearly become a metal sandwich.

Lucky the ABS did not deploy.

Stay far far far away from taxi.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 29th September 2009, 11:12 am

Stay away if possible from the extreme left lane. Be it Taxi or normal passenger cars, sudden stop is very common...

My colleague just got kissed by another car at the rear because she managed to stop in time but the back car cannot... Her family was in the car and she is pregnant somemore..

Just drive at the correct speed and safety distance. Dun test water too many times.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th September 2009, 11:22 am

Hmmm....wonder if they can do Airbags for the outside of the car?? Hehehe!! :-)

Then if you get too close to another car, or another car get too close to you or if you suddenly brake very hard, emergency brake, the car will deploy this airbag to that there is some cushion between your car and the other car or object!! Hehehehe!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 29th September 2009, 11:23 am

lukester wrote:oh well, i tested my 4 disc brake yesterday on TPE.
a kelisa keep attempting to jam brake infront of me since is cut infront of me,and when finally there was a traffic build up, he braked so late that i only had less than 1 second to react. that moment i was thinking if i should brake or give up and bang him. luckily i decided to test our forte 4 disc brake, so... I used my full right leg strength till everything on my seats fell on the floor board.

heng i dun tailgate still got 1 or 2 cm to spare infornt of me and no cars behind me.

if not i can even test my airbags.

for me, next time i see small tin can cars or old cars, i will not follow behind their back. seems like they have nothign to lose even if they get bang so they don't care about people driving behind them.

talk about that, im driving along CTE tunnel when on my way back from SGH.. Im at the extreme right lane in the tunnel and a Citycab taxi in front of me.. and im travelling like 120km/hr!! When looking far, there is ample space in front of the taxi but OUT OF the SUDDEN.. that f*king taxi jam brake for no reason.. I tested my 4 disc brake too and manage to avoid a distance behind him..

I was like WTF, that taxi got so much space in front and the jam in front of him is like 1km away..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 29th September 2009, 11:25 am

haiz... just have to be more careful... more and more reckless drivers these days.. . tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Kopfschuettel
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th September 2009, 11:31 am

Hahaha!! :-)

I remember mentioning before. Those stupid drivers who always brake at where the speed camera is. Even if they are travelling within the speed limit!! Sigh..... :-(

Dunno why they do this also!! Maybe its instinctive!!! But its stupid!! Sigh.... :-(
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th September 2009, 11:40 am

true true...

Sometime I will see those idiot who dont dare to speed and still go to lane 1 and yet no car infront of them and they keep stepping brake for F.... tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Icon_scratch
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th September 2009, 11:45 am

the thing is they will jam brake when they have 3 car distance infront of them. more then sufficient to depress it slowly.

bro terrie, 120km not acceptable lah.. haha... but our 4 disc sure help. if my old accord i think sure kiss one lor.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 29th September 2009, 11:46 am

with that long distance.. he can gradually depress the brake mah.. dont have to jam brake den let it roll at 70 all the way down to the jam area..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th September 2009, 12:03 pm

yah agree, at least let it roll is what i do cos i wont want to wear my brake pads. but alot of people who cannot drive technically loves to jam brake and wear their brakes.

are singaporean too rich or car maintainance too cheap for them, need to always wear out their brake pads?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th September 2009, 12:07 pm

no lah..... more like too busy with a lot of things (like ipod, phone and gps tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Icon_evil or just palin talking ) that sometimes get so distracted while driving.....

lately, i notice a lot of cars dun have a functioning 3rd light... so sometimes, hard to tell if they are braking or not...then u realise that their rear is coming fast to ur front.... tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 29th September 2009, 12:11 pm

actually...

it's always good to test...

I mean really "test" the brakes...

When it's a clear road where there is no one behind you... juz brake alittle harder or enuff to "make sure" if there are any "rust" on the disk will come off too....

Personally, I would do that to ensure that the brakes are working fine and in working condition when required.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 29th September 2009, 12:27 pm

hi, bro Lukester..

glad to hear you are fine... did Anti lock brake(ABS) makes a lot of noise? like "bang" "bang" sound? iirc my old ride ABS system makes those sound.

Think there are just "that" many F***ing drivers ard, just a couple weeks back, i nearly bang into a cab at macpherson trying to cut turn all the way from left to right! and i was a the right lane going straight..

think 4 Disc makes a huge different.. but beware of the car behind.. many times they may not make it.. (I had once with my old ride.. just because they cant stop in time.. due to car in front jam brake.. i ended up sandwiched! front and rear. #$%@#^ ) mad

Think Disc brakes just bite too well.. but i think it should not wear out that fast? or its because kr make? cheers!

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th September 2009, 12:33 pm

as far as i remember, there was no sound.

maybe music too loud.

but i could feel the back of my car being lifted up by itself.

anyway tmr going LK so ask them to make sure everything is ok.

one problem is my is stock SX rim so abit heavy so inertia abit higher so car need more braking distance
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 29th September 2009, 1:28 pm

Am juz wondering... are our car's ABS in the front 2 wheels are in all 4 wheels?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th September 2009, 1:32 pm

Thats why always look at your rear mirror too when braking. I rather accellerate a bit of let go of brake more when hitting the front car. At least only get the front. If not, double whammy!! :-)

Ohhh Thursday I going LK!! Hehehehe!! Anyone going?? :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by josephlhc94 29th September 2009, 1:36 pm

hmm..our car got 4 disc brakes but dun have the ABS right? cos i tried doin it to my SX..it doesnt lock the wheels leh..when i tried with my toyota and sudden brake right..it locks and sometimes it will cause the car to slide a bit..from my understanding our forte doesnt have any ABS right?

josephlhc94

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th September 2009, 1:42 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:Thats why always look at your rear mirror too when braking. I rather accellerate a bit of let go of brake more when hitting the front car. At least only get the front. If not, double whammy!! :-)

Ohhh Thursday I going LK!! Hehehehe!! Anyone going?? :-)

me tomorrow... then after that straight go JB... lolz
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 29th September 2009, 1:49 pm

ABS is not for locking wheels....it is the opposite. It is supposed to allow you the ability to steer the car when you are braking very hard.

The ABS only cuts in when it sense that the wheels are locking up... so normal and sightly hard braking not leading to locking up will not activate the ABS.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th September 2009, 2:05 pm

me tmr at LK too.. was supposed to be thurs, but CFO order go tmr.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th September 2009, 3:13 pm

Ahh I see. I have to go thursday cos then I can come to work and collect the car after office hours. :-)

They better solve my steering wheel problem this time round!! Sigh... :-(
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 29th September 2009, 3:17 pm

the power of 4 disc brakes. this is part of the reason why I want the SX variant...
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th September 2009, 3:19 pm

Ohh!! You mean EX no 4 disc brake??
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 29th September 2009, 3:25 pm

Don't be too dependant on the brakes ,cos at the end of the day it's still your tyres that matter so get a gd set of high performance if uR on 17" .I'm driving EX and the 15" Nexen is not a gd gripping tyres so jus have to control my speed. Drive safe brothers !
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 29th September 2009, 3:28 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:Ohh!! You mean EX no 4 disc brake??

the new EX batch has only 2 disc brakes.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 29th September 2009, 4:07 pm

Yah, i think EX is 2 disc and 2 drum brakes.

Gald everything ok bro Lukester.
I also kenna a few times by cabbies and uncle cyclist (motorbike).
Some of them simply 'boh chap' about the traffic.

So far havent tested any e-braking and hope doesnt need to use it too. tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Icon_rolleyes
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 29th September 2009, 4:19 pm

there was once at the extreme right lane i was driving fast (since right lane is for fast driving) and the car infront SUDDENLY just brake (testing its emergency brake maybe) just before the U-TURN GAP for making a U-TURN without putting signal.. KNN i BRAKE and think kiss its back side slightly but the car like didnt noticed and just drove off.. lucky my car no scratch..

Soem driver just super irritating
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 29th September 2009, 4:23 pm

Well, sometimes maybe they did signal but the lights are faulty. Also LL. tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Icon_evil Especially so for those old lorries. tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Icon_mad
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th September 2009, 4:37 pm

i think signal can see at least 3 lights ley backside, window (if not so old car) and front.

some people simply lazy la.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 30th September 2009, 12:47 am

lukester wrote:well, i already felt my brakes abit not biting already, and its almost time for my 5k.

sending in tmr though.

phew, today and tmr extra careful

wat time ur service? me 8.45am heehee
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 30th September 2009, 5:31 pm

Lukester bro, check with you, your mileage is showing 5000km or 6000km then you go book for 5k servicing ?

I called up customer service and the guy told me it should be 5900++ then go and do servicing. tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Icon_redface
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 1st October 2009, 10:53 am

yup, it should be 5900 for ur case.

I did my 1k at 1100, so they call me do at 6100, but yesterday when i sent it was 6490. hahahaha
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 1st October 2009, 11:04 am

Thanks bro !
So did they find anything amiss with the brakes ?
What oil did they use or you brought your own oil ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 1st October 2009, 11:17 am

nothing wrong with brakes they say, but dunno why they tighten my handbrakes though tested my 4 disc brakes and almost tested my airbag Suspect

they use mineral oil, but the CSR told me next serivce can choose to use synthetic liao, but to me i dunno what advantage it will bring also. so just see how lor.

cnc wont allow to bring own oil 1 ley, but i think i will still use them for next service. but i will go thomson satellite centre instead. I was stuck in a jam for 45 mins ysd on the way, some kuku got accident on farrer road and stop his car in middle of no where...
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 1st October 2009, 11:54 am

So how long you took to have it serviced ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 1st October 2009, 12:09 pm

from 8.45 to 12noon.

quite fast to my surprise
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down