Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
screening sound of brakes for new car Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
screening sound of brakes for new car Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
screening sound of brakes for new car Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
screening sound of brakes for new car Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
screening sound of brakes for new car Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
screening sound of brakes for new car Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
screening sound of brakes for new car Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
screening sound of brakes for new car Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
screening sound of brakes for new car Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

screening sound of brakes for new car

+5
lukester
solace
muff
JuanST
oilman
9 posters

Go down

screening sound of brakes for new car Empty screening sound of brakes for new car

Post by oilman 25th August 2009, 6:43 pm

i just park my new car coming back from pandan but as i drive there is a metal rubbing metal sound when brake is apply. is it normal because the brakes are new?

oilman

Back to top Go down

screening sound of brakes for new car Empty Re: screening sound of brakes for new car

Post by JuanST 25th August 2009, 6:45 pm

i dun have that sound........
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

screening sound of brakes for new car Empty Re: screening sound of brakes for new car

Post by oilman 25th August 2009, 10:31 pm

the noisse is so loud that everybody tell to look at my car.....attracting the wrong type of attendation. will go to pandan graden tomorrow to sort it out. once you presss the brake the sound will come and will continue as you drive around. more loud if you are driving slowly.

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 25th August 2009, 10:42 pm

pls update us on the finding by CnC.....think you're the second owner to have this problem....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by solace 26th August 2009, 12:46 am

Hi Bro,

I have this sound too. Its not the brake. Try to do right turn 3/4 turn to the right and move at slow speed, the sound should appear. Left turn no effect.

See these links.

http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/when-turning-steering-wheel-got-slight-creaking-sound-t848.htm?sid=19e477ec84e7ac6afff5e5349852b72e

solace

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th August 2009, 10:24 am

ermm but i think it could be your brake need bleeding.

i had mine and i told the guy at LK to bleed my brakes and after that ok liao.

there could be some air bubbles in the brake lines.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by solace 26th August 2009, 11:12 am

Hi,

I have this sound even i am not touching the brake and the sound is not consistent. Told LK about this but they are unable to identify the fault.

Thanks.

solace

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th August 2009, 11:14 am

i think bro solace and bro oilman problems are diff. Oilman sound is more specific to brakes.

bro solace, I have your sound too. its abit like rattling sound right?

to date I have no idea how it comes about too.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 26th August 2009, 11:30 am

I got that sound from brakes evryday too but no major probs so far or is there any, bros?
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th August 2009, 12:24 pm

in long run it will affect ur braking performance.

the efficiency is not as good a one with no air bubbles. so best is get CnC to bleed for u
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by solace 26th August 2009, 8:08 pm

Hi,

i will try to record the sound if possible. It sounds like a Violin if i can put it that way not high pitch like brake pad worn out. Something is rubbing against something.

Will ask LK to do the bleeding to see if it helps. Thanks.

solace

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 26th August 2009, 8:22 pm

Sounds like bleeding need.. esp its new.. or dun tell... me they missed to install the brake pad.!!
btw.. do update of the finding.. Thanks.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by oilman 26th August 2009, 10:14 pm

solace wrote:Hi,

i will try to record the sound if possible. It sounds like a Violin if i can put it that way not high pitch like brake pad worn out. Something is rubbing against something.

first of all thanks for your concern.yes..its sound like a high pitch violin. the sound will come even if you dun apply the brake. right turn also got sound. i think the problem is the same for all of us.

anyway, went down to pandan as it is nearer. very nicely i drive in, the sound came out full blast. even the security come out and see what happen. anyway told them my brakes got problem, just in case they pull a fast one. i even idenify the sound coming from the disc brake in the front driver side.told them the disc brake is locked shut therefore the sound of rubbing metal. any way gi in at 0840hrs car ready at 1045hrs.....very fast. so far, so good. i think they did a good job of it. because they realised that my total mileage is only 50 km, it has to be a damn manufacter fault.

any one with a manual car got try to reproduce the sound by pulling your handbrake and step on gas. but this will spoil your brakes.

so happy the problem solved. enjoying my car. going to tintsycool to fix my solar tomorrow.

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by oilman 26th August 2009, 10:21 pm

lukester wrote:ermm but i think it could be your brake need bleeding.

i had mine and i told the guy at LK to bleed my brakes and after that ok liao.

there could be some air bubbles in the brake lines.

yes i think this is what they did also.

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by oilman 26th August 2009, 10:25 pm

solace wrote:Hi Bro,

I have this sound too. Its not the brake. Try to do right turn 3/4 turn to the right and move at slow speed, the sound should appear. Left turn no effect.

See these links.

[url=http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/when-turning-steering-wheel-got-slight-creaking-sound-t848.htm?sid=19e477ec84e7ac6afff5e5349852b72e
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/when-turning-steering-wheel-got-slight-creaking-sound-t848.htm?sid=19e477ec84e7ac6afff5e5349852b72e[/quote[/url]]

bro it is the brakes. my mechanic friend told me the turning effect is because of the uneven rubbing on the plate. i also turn got sound but now ok. in the long run your disc brake will become uneven.

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by oilman 26th August 2009, 10:30 pm

solace wrote:Hi,

how to reproduce the sound?

start your engine

release hand brake.

move off slowly. no sound right?

step on brake firm and hard.

move off slowly again. (got sound)

for maximum effect. turn to right.

that how i got the attendation at pandan.

hee hee

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by solace 26th August 2009, 10:30 pm

good, good. Will go over ASAP.

solace

Back to top Go down

Post by solace 26th August 2009, 10:37 pm

Went to LK few weeks back and they say cannot find problem. Sad

solace

Back to top Go down

Post by oilman 26th August 2009, 10:56 pm

try to drive slowly to make more sound inside the compound as this will attract attentions. i always do this kind of ******* stuff because i cannot stand mechanic showing me that (no lah i drive got no sound why you drive got sound) look and that ( you must be a lousy driver) look. thay can't denied the problem if everybody heard it. anyway for me, quite lucky. even though the mechanic never hear the screening sound. when he hop in and drive, the screening sound appeared. therefore i noe they are driving my car because i can hear the sound from outside the compund where i was smoking. it is not loud..it just irriating high oitch.

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by solace 1st September 2009, 9:24 pm

OK, Finally managed to go to Pandan for 5K servicing. told the SE the problem and he seem to know what i am talking about althought i am not able to recreate the sound. After service, they found the front disc brake "touching" so they did some readjustment. so far no more sound.

Thanks bro oilman.

Regards.

solace

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 1st September 2009, 9:26 pm

its Screeching
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by oilman 2nd September 2009, 12:18 am

solace wrote:OK, Finally managed to go to Pandan for 5K servicing. told the SE the problem and he seem to know what i am talking about althought i am not able to recreate the sound. After service, they found the front disc brake "touching" so they did some readjustment. so far no more sound.

Thanks bro oilman.

Regards.

ha..the sweet sound of silent driving...or the lack of it...enjoy.

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 16th September 2009, 7:32 pm

just these fews days feeling after a long day under hot sun.. during driving feel like that the brake is touching and cause some drag.. not too sure.. but driving is just not pleasant.. car feel v.heavy...
anyone with the same finding?

Thanks in advance...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 16th September 2009, 7:43 pm

always or just on some conditions?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 16th September 2009, 7:51 pm

just kind of started from this Monday and same Yesterday...
will update later... Sad
morning drive no issue.. wor.... i suspect something to do with fluid expansion, check brake fluid level -> ok..leh..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 16th September 2009, 11:57 pm

I thought this thread is referring to the croaking sound from the rear brakes....

Mine always croak in the morning when i slowly release my brake and move off... same effect as my previous ride.

so is this normal?

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 18th September 2009, 2:57 pm

oh.. sorry for little ot..
but i kind suspect of the screeching due the break touching so.. decided to post here..lo..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by oilman 18th September 2009, 5:34 pm

powerteo wrote:I thought this thread is referring to the croaking sound from the rear brakes....

Mine always croak in the morning when i slowly release my brake and move off... same effect as my previous ride.

so is this normal?

the brake pad was grapping the disk brake when it hot....pulling the hand brake after parking after stuck in a traffic jam. and so when the disk cools it sort of contract even much so when the night is so cold and when you release the brakes. the tension built up around the brake pad is release. thus having that sound....should have no problem...try not to brake so hard when the disk is still so cold....press gentle. the expand and contract effect is also the reason when pple dun wash their wheels and rim striaght after parking. the hot disk MIGHT wrap under rapid cooling.

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down