Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Collection of car - things to note or adjust

+11
shin365
aural
Teh-O
shawnseah82
muff
malcolmlew
Forte899
JuanST
FriesL
Divine
Shaq
15 posters

Go down

Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty Collection of car - things to note or adjust

Post by Shaq 17th September 2009, 10:27 am

Hi all,

hopefully this thread can be of help to those who are first time car owners and also for reference fro those who are collecting their forte...

As we have read, about certain things to take note of, eg: over inflated tyres, when we collect the car, there may be other issues which we may need to take note of. This may serve as a checklist during collection and immediate action can be taken.

Please contribute to form up a list.

Hope everyone new or old birds who have some experience to share and help...

Thanks in advance Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_razz

Problem ----------------------------------------------------> Solution
1) Inflated tyres -------------------------------------------> pressure to be at 220
2)
3)
4)
5)

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty Re: Collection of car - things to note or adjust

Post by Divine 17th September 2009, 10:48 am

Hi all,

hopefully this thread can be of help to those who are first time car owners and also for reference fro those who are collecting their forte...

As we have read, about certain things to take note of, eg: over inflated tyres, when we collect the car, there may be other issues which we may need to take note of. This may serve as a checklist during collection and immediate action can be taken.

Please contribute to form up a list.

Hope everyone new or old birds who have some experience to share and help...

Thanks in advance Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_razz

1) Inflated tyres -------------------------------------------> pressure to be at 220
2) Paint work the make sure no black spot
3) Boot release lever make sure its not very tight
4)
5)
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Collection of car - things to note or adjust Empty Re: Collection of car - things to note or adjust

Post by FriesL 17th September 2009, 11:24 am

no.3 was highlighted by SE.. but missed to raised during the servicing.. hiaz.. anyone know how to self adjust?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th September 2009, 11:55 am

4) handbrake not loose
5) braking is not noisy
6) no bubbles in ur film
7)
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 17th September 2009, 6:37 pm

as not many people will b able to notice whats wrong immediately after collecting the car it will be good if solutions can be provided say what to do and what can be done...

Thanks all... Collection of car - things to note or adjust 332362

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 17th September 2009, 6:56 pm

JuanST wrote:Problem ----------------------------------------------------> Solution
4) handbrake not loose
5) braking is not noisy
6) no bubbles in ur film
7)

Hi Bro,
When collecting car, are we allow to test drive to check the abovementioned problems to be? Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th September 2009, 7:18 pm

the se will drive until the gate..... they dun trust us.... Collection of car - things to note or adjust Lol
u can always wind down the windows and ask the se to break so u can hear. as for handbrake, it should not go above 45degrees i think.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 17th September 2009, 7:48 pm

but please note for those with film.. may not be good to wind window down.. as that may cause peel / shift as most likely its not dry yet..
my se simply bo chap..i got to drive myself down from their MSCP leh.. .

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by malcolmlew 17th September 2009, 9:09 pm

yes please more info thanks as my collection will be next week! appreciate this1

malcolmlew

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 17th September 2009, 9:51 pm

If I were you, I will focus on damaged parts ie. body chipped, dent, scratch, cracked lens etc......and accounting for all the items that should come with the car (see if any missing items).....

Dun spend too much time on all the functional checks....your car got warranty so you can always go back to CnC in the next 3 years if they are not working.....but you cannot go back to them the next day to complain about a scratch or a dented body.... Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_biggrin
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 17th September 2009, 9:52 pm

FriesL wrote:but please note for those with film.. may not be good to wind window down.. as that may cause peel / shift as most likely its not dry yet..
my se simply bo chap..i got to drive myself down from their MSCP leh.. .
How long the flirm need to dry?How we know they pasted few days ago or recently?
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 17th September 2009, 11:06 pm

while installing speakers at a workshop, over heard the staff there telling another owner who has just installed solar film on his ride not to use the power windows for the next 24hrs....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 17th September 2009, 11:22 pm

mean we just look out for bubble wise engine and break noise have to be someone standing outside to hear is it?
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh-O 18th September 2009, 1:42 am

muff wrote:If I were you, I will focus on damaged parts ie. body chipped, dent, scratch, cracked lens etc......and accounting for all the items that should come with the car (see if any missing items).....

Dun spend too much time on all the functional checks....your car got warranty so you can always go back to CnC in the next 3 years if they are not working.....but you cannot go back to them the next day to complain about a scratch or a dented body.... Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_biggrin

Wise words, muff, thanks for bringing this up thumbsup Will definitely keep that in mind when I go collect my car next week. The wait is agonizing :S

Teh-O

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 18th September 2009, 9:16 am

Teh-O wrote:
muff wrote:If I were you, I will focus on damaged parts ie. body chipped, dent, scratch, cracked lens etc......and accounting for all the items that should come with the car (see if any missing items).....

Wise words, muff, thanks for bringing this up Collection of car - things to note or adjust 332362 Will definitely keep that in mind when I go collect my car next week. The wait is agonizing :S

Bring a friend or 2 together that is why i mentioned to open a thread so that some bros or sis can help go look look see see. 2 pairs of eyes are always better than 1.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by shin365 18th September 2009, 10:25 am

extreme right and left aircon vent cannot open and close

shin365

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 18th September 2009, 10:48 am

great one...
at least i can tell those who join me to collect my car to keep a look out!
anyone interested?

btw, does anyone knows if there is COE bidding next week?

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 18th September 2009, 1:17 pm

aural wrote:
Teh-O wrote:

Wise words, muff, thanks for bringing this up Collection of car - things to note or adjust 332362 Will definitely keep that in mind when I go collect my car next week. The wait is agonizing :S

Bring a friend or 2 together that is why i mentioned to open a thread so that some bros or sis can help go look look see see. 2 pairs of eyes are always better than 1.
No problem man !!!burrther i bring my whole family go for close inspection lol!
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 7:26 pm

I remember my first time....... Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_redface

first time collecting my first new car many years ago....it was outdoor and the floor was wet and the whole car was covered with droplets of water (thought muz be got drizzling over there juz now).

after inspecting the car, went to sign the paper and happily drove my new ride home....

after i parked my car, decide to walk around to take another good look at my brand new car (by now the car is totally dry)......to my horror... I found a dent (about 1 CM) on my pax door..... Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_mad

called up my SE to give him a peice of my mind...but didn't follow up after that (that time still newbie lah)....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 18th September 2009, 7:36 pm

Lol, disturb your SE big one. o.O where is my bodykit Collection of car - things to note or adjust 332362
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 18th September 2009, 8:19 pm

shin365 wrote:extreme right and left aircon vent cannot open and close
which air vent? a photo.. i thought the right and left vent (near rear view mirror) can be shut?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 10:33 pm

FriesL wrote:
shin365 wrote:extreme right and left aircon vent cannot open and close
which air vent? a photo.. i thought the right and left vent (near rear view mirror) can be shut?

unlikely that both vent failed to open or close at the same time...... Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_scratch
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by FORTE21 19th September 2009, 10:20 am

This tread might be helpful as i'am collecting my car later at 1pm . Very Happy

FORTE21

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 19th September 2009, 11:06 am

4) handbrake not loose
5) braking is not noisy
6) no bubbles in ur film
7) Scratches on windscreen and passenger windows
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_cool Leather seats no cuts or loose threads (if applicable)
9)
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 19th September 2009, 11:33 am

pessimizt wrote:Problem ----------------------------------------------------> Solution
4) handbrake not loose
5) braking is not noisy
6) no bubbles in ur film
Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_cool Leather seats no cuts or loose threads (if applicable)
9)
wow so many thing need to take note need to print this out as checklist lor. Very Happy Any more important note need more feedback sunny
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 19th September 2009, 1:14 pm

shawnseah82 wrote:
pessimizt wrote:Problem ----------------------------------------------------> Solution
4) handbrake not loose
5) braking is not noisy
6) no bubbles in ur film
9)
wow so many thing need to take note need to print this out as checklist lor. Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_biggrin Any more important note need more feedback Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_sunny

yah man...
many newbies like me will find all these help very useful...

keep it coming guys

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 19th September 2009, 1:20 pm

4) handbrake not loose
5) braking is not noisy
6) no bubbles in ur film
9) if u have soundclad/rustproof, make sure that the paintwork near the wheel arches / undercarriage ... are not blackened
10)

Last edited by JuanST on 19th September 2009, 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 19th September 2009, 1:39 pm

how about things to bring when collecting car? touch light to check dent and scissor to cut loose threads?
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 19th September 2009, 1:50 pm

bring camera......take pics and show us your new ride... Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_biggrin

Also if got any defects, can also take pics as evidence.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 19th September 2009, 11:05 pm

muff wrote:bring camera......take pics and show us your new ride... Collection of car - things to note or adjust Icon_biggrin

Also if got any defects, can also take pics as evidence.....
<-- Good point to take note ! Collection of car - things to note or adjust 332362 Think camera phone should be good enough ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 20th September 2009, 1:31 am

if u have soundclad/rustproof, make sure that the paintwork near the wheel arches / undercarriage ... are not blackened
what this mean??
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 20th September 2009, 5:35 am

i found a checklist online to share~ if its not enough still got a standard checklist to download from here: http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=8

INTERIOR:-
1. Master lock, individual lock, child lock
2. Window locks, all power windows
3. Electric mirrors (if any)
4. Headlight switch, signal switch, high beam, fog lamps (if applicable), hazard signal switch
5. Wiper switch (make sure each speed is correct), wiper spray
6. Make sure dashboard lights come on when the headlights are switched on (some are always on regardless of headlights switch)
7. Make sure information lights on the dashboard are lit at relavant times (eg. high beam symbol, parking brake symbol)
8. Horn, steering wheel adjusting lever
9. Boot and fuel tank cover lever
10. Seat adjuster
11. Mirrors
12. Aircon vents (make sure they can move freely)
13. Aircon (go through each fan speed, make sure the power is strong enough), defogger
14. Radio/CD/DVD player
15. Gear shift able to move freely
16. If yours is an auto, make sure you have to step on the brake to shift out of Park, and the car can only start in N or P position.
17. Glovebox
18. Handbrake & check handbrake lights
19. Carpet (check if it is dirty or not)
20. Leather folding or for cracks on leather seats
21. Speakers
22. Make sure the distance on the odometer is reasonable (should be less than 40km at the very most if you’re collecting from the distributing centre. This is due to the sending of the vehicle for inspection etc.. If the car is delivered to your doorstep, the distance may vary.)
23. Owner's manual
24. Seat belts (test them by pulling them hard in a fast movement. The seat belts should lock).
25. Interior lighting
26. Windows and doors mechanism (open and close)
27, Radiator level, battery fluid level, brake fluid, engine oil, clutch fluid

EXTERIOR:-
1. Headlights (high/low beam), front clearance lights, signal lights, brake lights, tail lights
2. All lights (reversing, brakes, high beam, low beam, fog)
3. Reverse sensor beeping and signal lights
4. Boot lights and license plate lights
5. Suspensions (press down on the 4 corners and release, the car should bounce back in one smooth motion and stay there without vibrations)
6. Windows and windscreen (check for stains or scratches)
7. Door handles (whether they are able to open the doors)
8. Alarm lock
9. Lock using key
10. Opening boot with key
11. Look around the body for any scratches or dents.
12. Tyres for any holes or punctures
13. Rims for scratches
14. Radio antenna (For some models, should automatically come out when radio is used)
15. Paint chips, cracks, scratches and dents

UNDER THE BONNET:-
1. Levels of fluids (eg. engine oil, brake fluid, battery water). If the levels are low, it could mean that there's a leak somewhere.
2. Make sure that the chassis and engine number are indicated near the firewall and that the numbers tally with those on your log card.
3. Fuses for the horn, headlamps etc are there.

OTHERS:-
1. Road tax disc (WIll be posted to you by LTA in a few day's time)
2. Vehicle log card contains the correct information
3. Insurance information is correct
4. Colour, make and model of the car to make sure it’s the car you've ordered

zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by stormzz 20th September 2009, 4:07 pm

2 things which I feel need to be checked in addition to the above.

1) Check spare tyre from scratches on rims. I did not check mine, then noticed chip on my spare tyre rims when I took it out.

2) Other than dents or chips on paint, look carefully for dirt or bubbles under the paint. After collecting the car, I noticed I have 3 of these. Good thing is that the dirt is under the paint, so it's definitely factory fault, and workshop say they will respray.

stormzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down