Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Low on budget - to choose EX or SX?

+21
ano57
Kiang
amerimacka
kapitan
liplip
scorpey
FriesL
aural
jcmc
astafas
JuanST
ck7373
melburn
The Blue Cruiser
kysoong
muff
jl1500k
malcolmlew
Divine
impact2001
Shaq
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty Low on budget - to choose EX or SX?

Post by Shaq 10th September 2009, 10:35 pm

ello everyone...i am new here...
have been eyeing on this beautiful car for some time days n have been reading this forum...

As i am quite low on budget and woulde really like to own one of it...Can anyone advice on the dofference between EX n SX?

Especially if the difference in features and add ons are worth it? maybe a list to compare the both. I know that the major functioning is no difference when it comes to engine and stuff...

Please help...n Thanks in advance to all....

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty Re: Low on budget - to choose EX or SX?

Post by impact2001 10th September 2009, 10:40 pm

If you really low on budget, i would suggest you not to own a car.. Owning a car is not kidding.. U had to feed "him" oil, clean up him, pamper him.. All these doesn't come cheap...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Empty Re: Low on budget - to choose EX or SX?

Post by Divine 10th September 2009, 10:41 pm

impact2001 wrote:If you really low on budget, i would suggest you not to own a car.. Owning a car is not kidding.. U had to feed "him" oil, clean up him, pamper him.. All these doesn't come cheap...

oei dun discourage him la u ah!!! bro i think there is a thread running regarding this ex vs sx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by malcolmlew 10th September 2009, 10:44 pm

if first time owning car any car is good but as you have more experience you will tend to be more willing to upgrade in future car purchase

malcolmlew

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 10th September 2009, 10:45 pm

Divine wrote:
impact2001 wrote:If you really low on budget, i would suggest you not to own a car.. Owning a car is not kidding.. U had to feed "him" oil, clean up him, pamper him.. All these doesn't come cheap...

oei dun discourage him la u ah!!! bro i think there is a thread running regarding this ex vs sx

I read the thread already...
i am hoping to know the exact difference on theadd-ons n features...
as if i do not need them then i will probably get the EX...as i thot it would jus be satisfying my ego to have those add-ons....

i also learn that by modding the car would lower the value...
so i am hoping to try and get more info before i commit to it...

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 10th September 2009, 10:46 pm

Not discourage.. its a matter of fact.. if he got no problem of owning a car and his only main concern is the purchase of the car...
Then I would say buying EX or SX really depend on him whether he will mod or add on more accessories..

If TS is the kind of very firm guy and will happily stick to his stock car till he sell off.. Then go for SX since most of the basic features are there..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 10th September 2009, 11:18 pm

Shaq wrote:ello everyone...i am new here...
have been eyeing on this beautiful car for some time days n have been reading this forum...

As i am quite low on budget and woulde really like to own one of it...Can anyone advice on the dofference between EX n SX?

Especially if the difference in features and add ons are worth it? maybe a list to compare the both. I know that the major functioning is no difference when it comes to engine and stuff...

Please help...n Thanks in advance to all....

Since you are quite low on budget maybe should calculate the monthly expenses of owning forte EX/SX first before comparing it features or functions.

If you can set a side $1K every month then you can own EX or SX otherwise please save enough $$ then buy.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 10th September 2009, 11:24 pm

and if you decide to buy the Forte.......be warned not to read Kapitan and Gazoo post.....EX or SX also not enough budget wan..... Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Icon_lol
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 10th September 2009, 11:34 pm

depends on ur loan amt... as the price diff bet EX and SX is like (3k?).. not much difference if you are taking a loan for 7 yrs or more lor
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 10th September 2009, 11:39 pm

to the TS, if you want to own a car yet don't want to burn a huge hole in your pocket, consider getting a Picanto first, then when it's time to upgrade, you can come back to Forte, or Forte's second generation. Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? 332362
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 10th September 2009, 11:47 pm

think TS is fully aware of the price.....but want to know more about the different between the EX and SX.....

IMO, SX is a better buy......and I own a EX(M)....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by malcolmlew 11th September 2009, 12:05 am

i think SX is better too

malcolmlew

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 11th September 2009, 12:11 am

I believe budget always play the most impt part.
If u gt no budget i believe you would be looking at more exp cars liao.

I believe the few impt features for the 5k diff is brakes, airbag, and ESC.
If u need these 3 then go for SX else i would think go for EX.

Just to add, some reasons y i get EX.
Brakes - does nt make much diff to me as i've been driving cars with drum brakes all the while.
Airbag - i would not want to use it
ESC - same previous car also no ESC, gt ABS enough liao

But i would say the only thing i miss is the automatic aircon but then i save 5k so y nt.

Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Icon_wink
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 11th September 2009, 12:32 am

If can affort and like the forte very much, SX is a better choice in terms of features and safety function. As highlighted above, divide the 5k diff into 7yrs loan doesn't really makes alot of diff in your mthly loan amt. Buy car is to enjoy your ride to the fullest. SX model IMHO meets the standard for someone who like stock condition but originally comes with many features. I am driving a 1.6A SX. Cheers.
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 11th September 2009, 9:35 am

other expenses that u need to set aside.....all are estimation

petrol................... = 200 / month .... 2400/year
insurance....................................... = 1700/year
hdb nightly parking.. = 70/month
maintenance cost-- = 1500/year
city season parking = 200/month
hdb coupon parking = 50/month
cashcard (erp and park) = 100/month
road tax-------------= 1000/year
others -------------- = 50/month
car cleaning = 50/month

these are some of the costs associated with owning a car....
doesnot matter if sx or ex....... Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by astafas 11th September 2009, 9:47 am

EX(M) -OPC

Best for those low on budget but still want Forte. Razz

And keep out of the modification threads.

astafas

Back to top Go down

Post by jcmc 11th September 2009, 10:00 am

Initially when I went to buy the car, already set-up my mind to buy EX. But when I was in the showroom and saw the SX, looks nicer in interior and exterior. So in the end bought the SX

jcmc

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 11th September 2009, 10:11 am

jcmc wrote:Initially when I went to buy the car, already set-up my mind to buy EX. But when I was in the showroom and saw the SX, looks nicer in interior and exterior. So in the end bought the SX
Interior also different meh? I tot about the same except of the air con. Leather seat not in consideration cos can add in. Any other main difference in the interior?
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 11th September 2009, 10:18 am

Hey all thanks for your contributions...
This will be my 1st ever car ... *dreaming*

Can anyone tell me if the quoted price includes 1st year insurance and road tax?
if i do a 100% means $0 drive away right?
Any other form of admin charges?

PS: what does TS means?

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 11th September 2009, 10:24 am

Shaq wrote:Hey all thanks for your contributions...
This will be my 1st ever car ... *dreaming*

Can anyone tell me if the quoted price includes 1st year insurance and road tax?
if i do a 100% means $0 drive away right?
Any other form of admin charges?

PS: what does TS means?

Insurance usually not in.
They usually have your 6mth road tax in.

$0 drive away just means u may have to pay for your insurance only. Any other enhancements u top up accordingly. Of course the loan will be subjected to approval also by the bank. So far no"admin" charges i heard of unless you are talking about 2nd hand cars.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 11th September 2009, 10:32 am

color, trim... radio unit, Ac unit all different too...
think you should consider what bro juan stated above + ~4-5K depreciation / year... during the use...
so annually you spend about >10K just for traveling, the more u use the more you pay... its that simple..
its does comes with convenience (go places you would never reach with public transport conveniently...) and inconvenience too.. (Jam, summon..risk.. etc etc..)
I brought it really for family and work use.. with kids.. so unless.. that makes sense to you... you should really think carefully

Cheers and happy driving..

cheers

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 11th September 2009, 10:39 am

FriesL wrote:color, trim... radio unit, Ac unit all different too...
think you should consider what bro juan stated above + ~4-5K depreciation / year... during the use...
so annually you spend about >10K just for traveling, the more u use the more you pay... its that simple..
its does comes with convenience (go places you would never reach with public transport conveniently...) and inconvenience too.. (Jam, summon..risk.. etc etc..)
I brought it really for family and work use.. with kids.. so unless.. that makes sense to you... you should really think carefully

Cheers and happy driving..

Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Icon_cheers

Hope the ex comes with the red thread not just sx i happy already lol
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 11th September 2009, 11:05 am

i guess it is how badly u need the features on sx over ex.. may appear not much diff over the loan but have to consider other costs as well n some hidden costs i.e. repair (side track a bit.. a fren of mine actually fork out $10k from own pocket to repair n waited ard 1 year for insurance to pay back.. ) den parking, road tax, insurance, ERP, petrol.. all these add up will be a lot.. easily $1k a month to own a car.. so my advice is to work ur sum first n to ur comfort level b4 making the jump.. car ownership in sg is not easy.. better to think twice b4 the committment lor.. end of the day its a loan u hv to service.. job security, saving, other financial plans have to take into consideration...
Some other bros here r nice enough to "warn" u.. like them, im not discouraging u from buyin but more of a reminder to all first time buyers lah.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 11th September 2009, 11:21 am

In Singapore driving car is lose lots of money and splurging budgets. At first I told myself strictly no driving to work (OPC) and family trips only (cut fuel costs). But now am very good at finding justification to use the car more...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 11th September 2009, 11:23 am

hehehe... one of my best excuses to drive the car.... just because.. Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 11th September 2009, 11:29 am

JuanST wrote:hehehe... one of my best excuses to drive the car.... just because.. Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Icon_twisted

Heehee...wat is it?

What about the driving experience between Auto n Manual for this 2 types?

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 11th September 2009, 11:32 am

Shaq wrote:
JuanST wrote:hehehe... one of my best excuses to drive the car.... just because.. Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Icon_twisted

Heehee...wat is it?

What about the driving experience between Auto n Manual for this 2 types?

When I was younger, I told myself saying I would never drive an auto car, at that time was driving the manual Civic Vtec, fire engine red, the very first time they launched the car in 1993... then came my daughter......

I switched to an auto and never again will I buy a manual now....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 11th September 2009, 12:55 pm

really depends on your needs and wants. weigh them. the specs are available online. you know your budget better than anyone of us. if there is a need to get a car now and you know you can afford for the long term, choose what you want between a sx and an ex. i believe the specs are pretty much the same except for abc, probably efg. think twice before you commit. as many bros have brought out, its the long term commitment which kill rather then the initial payment. angel
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 11th September 2009, 3:20 pm

yah.. i ask myself do i really need a car 4 yrs ago.. answer is no.. but backside itchy n wanna own car so i go for picanto n opc.. those days coe is at $27k n price tag is almost the same as my Forte 2.0 SX bot 3 mths ago!! anyway i enjoyed my old picanto very much n i got a manual one (very basic car without fancy gadgets, not even reverse sensors!!) but i must say it's a good way to start with car.. u learn the control n gain driving sense/ judgement very well over time n thereafter u can handle next car quite easily..
just to share.. im very comfortable with my loan now.. i still dun need to drive for work n parking in CBD is crazy.. hence continue with opc scheme which suit me a lot.. but if next job require me to drive and if drving to work make sense.. i will switch to normal plate .. i hv even take the extra step to calculated my sums for normal plate which is still within my comfort level.. conculsion is still doing ur sums right n plan properly.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 11th September 2009, 5:05 pm

Generally,

y i choose a EX over SX .....
for me, important is having money in pocket enough for mthly usage..

so i work on my budget i can afford to pay for a car mthly..

Mthly budget for driving is really depends on
1) Loan amount to be pay mthly
2) Fuel (varies mthly as due to ur usage n prices)
3) Carpark (unless u pack illageal place) but these day FAR-TI-Mah damm ON
4) Maintenace (IE: servicing charges or parts to change after 3 yr)
5) Save some $$ for 1/2 yrly road tax ($300+ for 1.6 for 0.5 yr)
6) Save some $$ for yrly insurance (ard $1.5K or more for 1st timer owning a car)

SO all this have to caculate properly be4 u buy a car...

& important : WHY U WANT TO BUY A CAR?? Is IT A WANTS or a NEEDS??
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 11th September 2009, 6:00 pm

The people this generation PRETTY MUCH alot of them are very confused and do not know HOW to draw a line between wants and needs......
This is the killer.......

So many of them so impulsive....

hmm
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 11th September 2009, 6:35 pm

cars have never been a need for me, its always a want.....

let me rephrase, .... cars is to most people in Singapore a want and not a need... who need a car when the width across the island is about 80 kilometres, where almost every part of the island is served by taxis, where you could reach almost every housing estate with MRT and if not MRT, buses will take you there... where a telephone call away will have a taxi to take to from door to door...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 11th September 2009, 8:32 pm

taxi now a days very ex.. mrt now a days cant get into it.. buses now a day very pack also.. may spend 1.5hr change bus change mrt change bus again to reach a place when u can actually reach a place 30min by driving.. if you think time is precious.. owning a car is a way to buy time..

i bought my ex at a time when ex and sx different is 6k.. what i like about sx is the tail exhaust pipe, one more airbag, esc and disc break.. is it worth for me to spend 6k for them??
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 11th September 2009, 9:11 pm

I agrees..i for 1 use these $$ to buy some more time... with family... i stay north / work east... use to spend 1.5hr morning 2hr nite travelling.. work meeting use to be my consideration too.. but after now.. start to realize drive may in fact need more time to find parking.. !! so...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 11th September 2009, 9:19 pm

I have made calculations, if I take taxi to work everyday, it would actually be cheaper then owning a car.....

Take taxi to work only hor..... say $30 dollars a day, to and fro.... 20 days a month, that is $600.00 only.... cheaper then installments.... add in petrol, ERP, parkings, insurance, maintenance, fines, those will be for additional taxi rides.....

Car is a want, not a need..... a want for convenience.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 11th September 2009, 11:26 pm

I think possible to "bao" taxi at a slight discount, every morning will come on time to pick you up. Not tried myself though.

Evening time you just OT until midnight then claim from your boss.

Don't need car, and don't even need to spend money cos trapped in office...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 12th September 2009, 1:39 am

Depending on your work really.. if you have alot of meeting then its really a need.. (for sales for instant) ..

actually cab is not that cheap.. for me, office to home cost ~$32 (50%midnight as of now..) morning peak hour another $30!... of course ..in long term may better off move house..heee... but for some consideration been doing this for many years!

I ever spent >$90 for a day transport... and miss half the time for meeting... if you are the kind drive and park.. aka desk bound.. then, not worth liao.. end to end.. just for work.. at most you spend 800/mth.. on cab

but really for the convenience.... at a heavy cost... Neutral

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 12th September 2009, 2:11 am

hmm when my bike down...
I took 1 way cab morning... 30$.... solid..
so if i calculate...
30x2x22 working days = $1320... interesting figure...
cos... er.... from Sengkang to Tuas.....
and also twice a week 2 class in either Douby Ghaut or Stirling road...
WOW... best.. i forget to add that...
public..... i die liao...
Cab.. also die....
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 12th September 2009, 2:38 am

lol! I agree... maybe we should swap home.. grin

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 12th September 2009, 3:24 am

kapitan wrote:Car is a want, not a need..... a want for convenience.

WoW! Word Of Wisdom leh! Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? 141836

This statement summarized it all!
Good one bro! Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? 332362
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 12th September 2009, 12:53 pm

Actually want it or need it is not so important as long as you can affort it then own it.

There are pp are cash rich some items may be necessary and since they can afford it then they just buy it. Just like buying a ferrari car and driving in singapore.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 12th September 2009, 12:57 pm

jimixer wrote:
kapitan wrote:Car is a want, not a need..... a want for convenience.

WoW! Word Of Wisdom leh! Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? 141836

This statement summarized it all!
Good one bro! Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? 332362

But convenience doesn't come cheap! We need pay more $$ for the convenience compare to the world class public transport.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 12th September 2009, 2:59 pm

I find that convenience don't apply always. For example, it takes the same amount of time to go to office for me, MRT or car.

Picking my wife up from work or school is a pain when she calls you 5 times to ask why you have yet to find a way to beat the peak hour jam into town, she found each minute of waiting too long...

Budget comes first, and my advice is to budget in a way that you still can save and keep enough money for retirement and other luxuries even after buying a car.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by jcmc 12th September 2009, 3:38 pm

Anyway buying forte is no longer budget.
today price for an Forte EX manual is $48999.

jcmc

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 12th September 2009, 4:10 pm

jcmc wrote:Anyway buying forte is no longer budget.

car price increase is due to COE rise. But in order to attract customer to buy C&C will reduce the finance interest to 2.22% just like what other AD does.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 13th September 2009, 8:40 am

jl1500k wrote:
jcmc wrote:Anyway buying forte is no longer budget.

car price increase is due to COE rise. But in order to attract customer to buy C&C will reduce the finance interest to 2.22% just like what other AD does.

CONFIRM LOH...the price shoot up by 3k each over the pass week. i went down leng kee to test drive yesterday morning...
Super super cannot resisit the temptation to sign...in the end, i am still considering...

what SE (Leng Kee) says if book now-
- many colours available immdiately (all except gold, "the dirty black" n organe)
- can get car earliest by end oct
- 2.49% with DBS or Maybank

jl : the 2.2% is from UBI? cos the SE from Leng kee says CnC dun offer such rates n its not possibile that they are offering diff rates...

PS: what kiand of freebies can i ask for if i am buying a 1.6SX

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 14th September 2009, 3:21 pm

Shaq wrote:
CONFIRM LOH...the price shoot up by 3k each over the pass week. i went down leng kee to test drive yesterday morning...
Super super cannot resisit the temptation to sign...in the end, i am still considering...

- many colours available immdiately (all except gold, "the dirty black" n organe)

jl : the 2.2% is from UBI? cos the SE from Leng kee says CnC dun offer such rates n its not possibile that they are offering diff rates...

What is your SE name? Erm.. i booked on 7 Sept... he didn't touch on anything about immediately stock.. it is applied to SX model only?
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 14th September 2009, 3:26 pm

hanxiang87 wrote:
Shaq wrote:

What is your SE name? Erm.. i booked on 7 Sept... he didn't touch on anything about immediately stock.. it is applied to SX model only?

Yo Hanxiang,

i just booked mine yesterday...imeediate stock available now pending for loan approaval n COE. SE says if all smooth will b in Oct for collection...
lets hope all goes well...

PM me for SE name. Maybe can let me know your package too...

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 14th September 2009, 3:29 pm

Lol.. so gd ah.. okok congrat man... I have my Loan approved but pending for COE. Haha.. I didn't call my SE just hoping that by time when i receive his call, he said my car is ready for collection.

All the best for both of us.. hopefully we will be collecting our car on the same date at the collection centre Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Icon_biggrin CHEER!!
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 14th September 2009, 3:32 pm

hanxiang87 wrote:Lol.. so gd ah.. okok congrat man... I have my Loan approved but pending for COE. Haha.. I didn't call my SE just hoping that by time when i receive his call, he said my car is ready for collection.

All the best for both of us.. hopefully we will be collecting our car on the same date at the collection centre Low on budget - to choose EX or SX? Icon_biggrin CHEER!!

Yesh!!!!
anyway mine is OPC. so collection sure after normal office hours loh...
=(

the next COE bidding is next week i think...so it should be fast if all good.
what's ur rides' colour?

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next