Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

How to Lock Your Car and Why??

+12
zmc
beckham23
jl1500k
FriesL
Fransge
kysoong
ace
Terrier
ctoh
waypoint
1Seth1
BluZon
16 posters

Go down

How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty How to Lock Your Car and Why??

Post by BluZon 2nd September 2009, 10:31 am

Received this email this morning... anybody heard abt it??

This is an important message for car owners.

How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Heart_brokenHow to Lock Your Car and Why?? Smile_embaressedI locked my car. As I walked away I heard my car door unlock. I went back and locked my car again three times. Each time, as soon as I started to walk -away, I would hear it unlock again!! How to Lock Your Car and Why?? PizzaNaturally alarmed, I looked around and there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store. They were obviously watching me intently, and there was no doubt they
were somehow involved in this very weird situation. I quickly chucked the errand I was on, jumped in my car and sped away. I went straight to the police station, told them what had happened, and found out I was part of a new, and very successful, scheme being used to gain entry into cars. Two weeks later, my friend's son had a similar happening. While travelling, my friend's son stopped at a roadside rest to use the bathroom. When he came out to his car less than 4-5 minutes later, someone had gotten into his car and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS
navigator, briefcase, you name it. He called the police and since there were no signs of his car being broken into, the police told him he had been a victim of the latest robbery tactic -- there is a device that robbers are using now to clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your key-chain locking device.

They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and that they now have a few minutes to steal and run. The police officer said to manually lock your car door-by hitting the lock button inside the car -- that way if there is someone sitting in a parking lot watching for their next victim, it will not be you.

When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting, it does not send the security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain, it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be instantly stolen. This is very real.

Be wisely aware of what you just read and please pass this note on. Look how many times we all lock our doors with our remote just to be sure we remembered to lock them -- and bingo, someone has our code and whatever was in our car.

Please share with everyone you know

BluZon

Back to top Go down

How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Empty Re: How to Lock Your Car and Why??

Post by 1Seth1 2nd September 2009, 10:46 am

I think that SX drivers a somewhat safe from this, as even professional shops that clone keys for a living can't duplicate our key. LOL!
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 2nd September 2009, 10:49 am

LOL! Nothing new... It has already been happening in JB for some time.

And no, even SX owners are not immune to this. So long as you unlock your car by remote via over-the-air fm RF transmission, you're fair game.

BluZon wrote:Received this email this morning... anybody heard abt it??
This is an important message for car owners.

How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Heart_brokenHow to Lock Your Car and Why?? Smile_embaressedI locked my car. As I walked away I heard my car door unlock. I went back and locked my car again three times. Each time, as soon as I started to walk -away, I would hear it unlock again!! How to Lock Your Car and Why?? PizzaNaturally alarmed, I looked around and there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store. They were obviously watching me intently, and there was no doubt they
were somehow involved in this very weird situation. I quickly chucked the errand I was on, jumped in my car and sped away. I went straight to the police station, told them what had happened, and found out I was part of a new, and very successful, scheme being used to gain entry into cars. Two weeks later, my friend's son had a similar happening. While travelling, my friend's son stopped at a roadside rest to use the bathroom. When he came out to his car less than 4-5 minutes later, someone had gotten into his car and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS
navigator, briefcase, you name it. He called the police and since there were no signs of his car being broken into, the police told him he had been a victim of the latest robbery tactic -- there is a device that robbers are using now to clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your key-chain locking device.

They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and that they now have a few minutes to steal and run. The police officer said to manually lock your car door-by hitting the lock button inside the car -- that way if there is someone sitting in a parking lot watching for their next victim, it will not be you.

When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting, it does not send the security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain, it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be instantly stolen. This is very real.

Be wisely aware of what you just read and please pass this note on. Look how many times we all lock our doors with our remote just to be sure we remembered to lock them -- and bingo, someone has our code and whatever was in our car.

Please share with everyone you know

Last edited by waypoint on 2nd September 2009, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 2nd September 2009, 10:53 am

1Seth1 wrote:I think that SX drivers a somewhat safe from this, as even professional shops that clone keys for a living can't duplicate our key. LOL!

I'm just speculating...
Key makers are not able to clone our keys to start engine, these thieves may be able to clone the signal to open the door
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 2nd September 2009, 11:04 am

ctoh wrote:
1Seth1 wrote:I think that SX drivers a somewhat safe from this, as even professional shops that clone keys for a living can't duplicate our key. LOL!

I'm just speculating...
Key makers are not able to clone our keys to start engine, these thieves may be able to clone the signal to open the door

huh?? can what.. i already duplicate 2 spare key and hook at home. Both of these 2 spare key can open car door and also start the engine.. so what makes u think our key cannot be clone to start engine??

sooner or later.. we all required encryption on our transponder..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 2nd September 2009, 11:11 am

When I go over to JB, I never use the remote to lock. I always use the key to lock. This is more for safety precaution and prevention rather than a foolproof way to secure the car. If your car is a target, it is more or less a done deal unless you make it a little bit more difficult for it to be taken away. Or course, a steering wheel lock do help or make your car a little unattractive or troublesome for unwanted visitors.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 2nd September 2009, 11:14 am

alternatively, take out the steering wheel like Mr Bean... grin
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 2nd September 2009, 11:24 am

btw, if we used the manual lock by key, will our 1way zmc add-on alarm still been activated??

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 2nd September 2009, 11:51 am

BluZon wrote:btw, if we used the manual lock by key, will our 1way zmc add-on alarm still been activated??

I'm thinking the same question, anyone can answer?
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 2nd September 2009, 12:00 pm

i'm not going in JB without any immobilizer at least, Smile dun play play, those robbers are nuts. they can drive a Merz & rob your car.
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 2nd September 2009, 2:30 pm

The question would be if you used your key to lock your car, did you 'ARM' the alarm system by activating it with the transponder/remote unit on your key bunch? If no, then your multi-hundred dollar alarm system is as good as a sitting duck along with your car.

ctoh wrote:
BluZon wrote:btw, if we used the manual lock by key, will our 1way zmc add-on alarm still been activated??

I'm thinking the same question, anyone can answer?

Last edited by waypoint on 2nd September 2009, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 2nd September 2009, 2:33 pm

u mean we still can arm it after the the manual lock if we press the remote?

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 2nd September 2009, 2:38 pm

Why not?

BluZon wrote:u mean we still can arm it after the the manual lock if we press the remote?
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 2nd September 2009, 4:20 pm

manual / transponder lock should be same. as they scan the RF range.. if your car is not lock it should trigger and viola.. they know your car responded.. so... no car is save.. IMO..

in JB /bolehland.. master keys is nothing.. so... they can access any car (of the model i think) dun need to duplicate anything one..
i know latest Hond* uses Cobra sec.. that comes with GPS and immo.. and ins that compensate up to 30K if your car is stolen under their system. but there is a monthly fee... too.. so.. its a cat and mouse game...

personally i trust steering wheel / paddle locks more then anthing..haaa....

my 2 cents..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 2nd September 2009, 4:34 pm

It all depends on how determined and how well equipped the car-thief/jacker is. A modus operandi using a low-bed and a crane is not unheard of. A USD15 GPS signal jammer working off a 12V cigarette light socket with a radius of 25-m can be easily bought off the net.

I've even heard of cars being towed away after they had their brake lines cut so that the calipers don't work anymore.

How determined the thieves are and how far the authorities will go to enforce the laws pertaining to Grand Theft Auto are key to stopping crime.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 2nd September 2009, 6:00 pm

Fransge wrote:i'm not going in JB without any immobilizer at least, Smile dun play play, those robbers are nuts. they can drive a Merz & rob your car.

Any MO for immobilizer? I also want to install it before going to JB.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 2nd September 2009, 7:31 pm

waypoint wrote:It all depends on how determined and how well equipped the car-thief/jacker is. A modus operandi using a low-bed and a crane is not unheard of. A USD15 GPS signal jammer working off a 12V cigarette light socket with a radius of 25-m can be easily bought off the net.

I've even heard of cars being towed away after they had their brake lines cut so that the calipers don't work anymore.

How determined the thieves are and how far the authorities will go to enforce the laws pertaining to Grand Theft Auto are key to stopping crime.

yes... very true...

its how bad they want the thing.. and now good can we make it inconvenience to "them" to do so... not unheard of that some cut owner's finger to access with thumb scanner access cars.. so... What a Face

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by beckham23 9th January 2010, 8:53 pm

jl1500k wrote:
Fransge wrote:i'm not going in JB without any immobilizer at least, How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_smile dun play play, those robbers are nuts. they can drive a Merz & rob your car.

Any MO for immobilizer? I also want to install it before going to JB.

which immobilizer u all install ? hw much?

beckham23

Back to top Go down

Post by zmc 11th January 2010, 1:34 pm

Hello bros understand from the above predicament and here’s two cents of essence. For most after-market alarms sold in Singapore, majority of the alarms does not come with a “code-hopping” feature. However, with the exception of certain advanced Alarms such as Crime Stopper and namely Zenesis, even the smartest thefts could find it too much of a hassle to hijack or steal. “Code-hopping” - Each time you arm the vehicle, the code from the car to your remote transmitter changes and even if the theft has been tracking for you for a while, the code will be different each and every time.

As per bro bluzon concern, our spy integrated alarm upgrade will arm the vehicle so long the car is lock – the technology works by integrating an alarm system to your central locking system. Thus, fret never.

Onto the next discussion of immobilizer, do note that the main function of an immobilizer is to prevent duplicated keys from starting your vehicle. However, should the theft rob you, and takes away your master key, you will still be at risk of losing your vehicle. Thus, to rectify this issue, our alarm systems comes with a starter killer feature in which should your master keys get stolen, keep the two way alarm remote with you and the theft would not be able to start the car engine.

For tows, an alarm’s shock sensor will be able to pick up such movements and for added precaution, we would recommend the microwave sensor, which will be able to pick up minor movements/scratches within the perimeter of the vehicle. Once the alarm goes off, having a two way/GSM alarm will allow a user to be notified immediately within range.

As quoted from bro waypoint, which I feel majority would agree is that an alarm in this respect is catered to enhance the security of your ride and not being a guaranteed insurance. On the contrary, without any security feature on your drive simply means that the theft’s job which be very much “primary school”. We hope to have addressed the above issue and should fellow brothers be looking to enhance your car security via a MO, do drop me a PM as we hope to have the privilege to serve your security needs.

Do remember that nothing beats value-adding the security of you and your love ones.

Cheers
ZMC

zmc

Back to top Go down

Post by zmc 13th January 2010, 3:04 am

Just to add on ,

Most cars uses KeeLoq systems nowadays by factory .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeeLoq

Which could e decrypted by the use of a code grabber .

To summarise in short ,
Naturally when a person sees a honda car , he will know that it uses Keeloq system, and by having hands on any master key will be able to decode ALL honda cars with factory fitted systems.
This works the same for most automotive brands .

However , after market alarm systems works differently . They have their own sets of codes and own encryption methods , which explains why you can never replace like a pageguard remote with a SPY remote , and have to change the whole system instead due to the difference in encryption methods .

To break the codes of an alarm system will be yet another challenging one due to vast number of alarms in the market. The code grabber will have to guess what alarm system you are using before grabbing the codes . And otherwise , if users are using Zenesis and are afraid that the touchpad would cause an easy regconition, Zenesis uses code hopping technology , which is yet another kind of encryption, yet a whole new different challenge.

Another potential problem to note and which many people neglect is VALET parking . By leaving remotes with the valet people , they could actually just unlock your car and copy the codes within seconds. Therefore this is actually more of a potential threat then anything else. Some people could be victims of valet parking but felt that it was a code grabbing device that stole their codes . Please ensure that during valet parking it is better to just hand over the keys and set your car to valet mode and keep the remote with you .

For any additional questions please feel free to consult us ,and we will be glad to assist you guys on this matter .

Hope its helpful ! How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_cheers How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_cheers

zmc

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 13th January 2010, 4:54 am

as an IT professional i'm well aware of hacking techniques and methods
but i've never thought about using this method to hack cars...

the theives really go the distance on this 1!

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrhandphone 13th January 2010, 8:21 pm

Hey ZMC, m getting my Forte soon with the keyless and ' immobiliser' features as stock from Kia. Was planning to install after market alarm but my SE warned that that will mess up the whole original keyless and immobiliser system as it will be impossible to just ' add ' a new alarm system to the original ones. Is this true? meaning i can't even install a alarm even i want to???
Mrhandphone
Mrhandphone

Back to top Go down

Post by BeanBag 13th January 2010, 9:25 pm

Mrhandphone wrote:Hey ZMC, m getting my Forte soon with the keyless and ' immobiliser' features as stock from Kia. Was planning to install after market alarm but my SE warned that that will mess up the whole original keyless and immobiliser system as it will be impossible to just ' add ' a new alarm system to the original ones. Is this true? meaning i can't even install a alarm even i want to???

Im interested to know too.. How to Lock Your Car and Why?? 332362

BeanBag

Back to top Go down

Post by zmc 14th January 2010, 4:20 am

Nope thats totally not true. How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_lol
To not fiddle or do without any factory features ,
You can go for a LFQ018C upgrade car alarm systems which works together with everything the car comes with. And you will get added features like Shock sensor , car arm reminder , hazard light flashing etc etc . Just like many of the bros/sis here who have installed it on their rides . How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_biggrin

Now you know something that your SE doesnt . How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_cheers
haha just kidding .

Have a great day ahead.

cheers

Kenneth @ ZMC

zmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrhandphone 14th January 2010, 6:16 pm

zmc wrote:Nope thats totally not true. How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_lol
You can go for a LFQ018C upgrade car alarm systems which works together with everything the car comes with. And you will get added features like Shock sensor , car arm reminder , hazard light flashing etc etc . Just like many of the bros/sis here who have installed it on their rides . How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_biggrin

Now you know something that your SE doesnt . How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_cheers
haha just kidding .

Have a great day ahead.

cheers

Kenneth @ ZMC

Thanks ZMC, i m now just in a dilemma that let's say " touchwood" something happened to the keyless entry features after installing the upgraded alarm, then CnC will not cover for repair then i LL liao. Think gonna cost me a bomb to repair the system ?
Mrhandphone
Mrhandphone

Back to top Go down

Post by zmc 15th January 2010, 1:48 am

Mrhandphone wrote:
zmc wrote:Nope thats totally not true. How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Icon_lol

haha just kidding .

Have a great day ahead.

cheers

Kenneth @ ZMC

Thanks ZMC, i m now just in a dilemma that let's say " touchwood" something happened to the keyless entry features after installing the upgraded alarm, then CnC will not cover for repair then i LL liao. Think gonna cost me a bomb to repair the system ?

Till date , where ZMC has been in business for 3 years , and fixed thousands of alarm systems, i seriously have not came across one that the original system was screwed up and have to go back claim warranty. Just to reassured you further , if "touchwood" anything happens , the first person to contact is us , and we will run the diagnostics for you . In anycase "touchwood again" if things cannot be repaired , we will "touchwood again" revert back to stock for you .

hahaha feel free to give us a call if you need any more info. I will gladly assist you on this matter.

Cheers my friend .

Kenneth @ ZMC .

zmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrhandphone 15th January 2010, 7:48 pm

Hey Kenneth, thanks for the info. will seriously consider this option now. haha. Cheers and have a good weekend
Mrhandphone
Mrhandphone

Back to top Go down

Post by zmc 16th January 2010, 2:25 am

Mrhandphone wrote:Hey Kenneth, thanks for the info. will seriously consider this option now. haha. Cheers and have a good weekend

No problem bro. If you require further information, feel free to call or pm me. Thank you. Cheers! Very Happy:D:D

zmc

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 16th January 2010, 8:47 am

zmc wrote:Just to add on ,

Most cars uses KeeLoq systems nowadays by factory .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeeLoq

according to the wiki, "It should be noted that Microchip introduced in 1996[5]
a version of KeeLoq ICs which use a 60-bit seed. The eavesdropping
attack described above is not feasible if a 60-bit seed is being used."

by the way, the email posted is a hoax... it could be possible in the earlier years, but not now... http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/lockcode.asp

in order to hack a rolling code, which all manufacturers use by now, it'll take hours if not days to get the correct key... though if they're that good, there are more profitable things to hack...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by beckham23 16th January 2010, 8:55 am

How to Lock Your Car and Why?? Integratedforum

who got install this alarm? how much?

beckham23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down