Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp

+41
firmrock
Terrier
carman
VAG
jl1500k
joepele
Bed
BlackHorse
crazyfox
KIAFAN
scorpey
JuanST
KingJerry
KnightRider
ck7373
kysoong
kapitan
ano57
Hello Kitty
ctoh
waypoint
johnkit
longbow
Fransge
malcolmlew
dipstick
ace
greatgazoo
nothing
Friendlyfool
humbug
jimixer
nocash
luvxiaobeng
Divine
newsman
Kiang
tish
leo
Cypher
kenincf
45 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty Re: Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp

Post by Kiang 8th October 2009, 3:51 pm

hi guys.....

u know something

i change the 4th pair during 10k servicing ...

when i reach home even with no rain or wat, the headlights fog again ...

WELL DONE CNC !!!!!
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Empty Re: Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp

Post by leo 8th October 2009, 4:00 pm

no other car have this wonderful feature!

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 8th October 2009, 4:12 pm

Wow! CnC change car parts so easily ar?
(bec when I asked at Ubi, mechanic said its normal)

LK, Ubi or PG?
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 8th October 2009, 4:13 pm

Kiang wrote:hi guys.....

u know something

WELL DONE CNC !!!!!

Wow, they were willing to replace up to 4th pair of headlamps for you...

Hmm... perhaps it's not defect after all...
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 8th October 2009, 4:22 pm

So it's not defect, but it's defect design!!!
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 8th October 2009, 4:24 pm

u know something

WELL DONE CNC !!!!!

You r lucky bro... they dun even wanna change the 1st pair for me... Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_mad
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 8th October 2009, 6:49 pm

If got choice, I prefer they don't change anything on my ride.

Genuine straight from Korea is best.
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 9th October 2009, 12:41 pm

i went to pandan gardens...

i KPKP.... i challenge them
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 9th October 2009, 12:42 pm

kenincf wrote:If got choice, I prefer they don't change anything on my ride.

parts are from KOrea

got 1 time i waited 2 weeks for the stock to come
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 15th October 2009, 3:07 pm

This is being discussed in another Forte forum in US/Canada....

Quote....

Today i was driving, it was raining and around 45degrees F and when i got out of my car the headlights where fogged up. it was like the inside was foggy or had moisture in it, anybody else experience this?

I think you do not have to worry about it. Many times fogging headlights is "normal" condition.
In past headlight assembly was sealed. BUT water did get into it, and then could not get out... so headlight was rusting.
Now, most headlights have a vent, what allows water to get in, but most important, will let it (water) get out.
When you turn on lights, heat produced will evaporate water and the light will be clear.

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-forte-forum/54580-forte-ex-headlights-fogged-up.html
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 15th October 2009, 5:17 pm

for the 4th pair,

the headlight still fogs even in hot weather haiZ
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 15th October 2009, 5:23 pm

4th pair?????
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 15th October 2009, 5:26 pm

u know something

WELL DONE CNC !!!!!

bro same here.. wat u need to do is to open the cap behind the lamp and sun ur car for 1 day then all vapour sure gone... cos when they manufacture the car in kimchi land the air have more vapour then singapore so like tat loh
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 15th October 2009, 5:27 pm

Kiang wrote:
kenincf wrote:If got choice, I prefer they don't change anything on my ride.

parts are from KOrea

got 1 time i waited 2 weeks for the stock to come

I mean the complete genuine car imported from Korea, without the need of CnC technician to remove and replace any part of the car. Smile
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 15th October 2009, 5:30 pm

kapitan wrote:This is being discussed in another Forte forum in US/Canada....

Quote....

Today i was driving, it was raining and around 45degrees F and when i got out of my car the headlights where fogged up. it was like the inside was foggy or had moisture in it, anybody else experience this?

I think you do not have to worry about it. Many times fogging headlights is "normal" condition.
In past headlight assembly was sealed. BUT water did get into it, and then could not get out... so headlight was rusting.
Now, most headlights have a vent, what allows water to get in, but most important, will let it (water) get out.
When you turn on lights, heat produced will evaporate water and the light will be clear.

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-forte-forum/54580-forte-ex-headlights-fogged-up.html

So, it's not a defect after all... Rolling Eyes
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 15th October 2009, 5:31 pm

kysoong wrote:4th pair?????

ya

change 4 pairs for me liao
still fog
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 15th October 2009, 5:32 pm

Divine wrote:

u know something

WELL DONE CNC !!!!!

bro same here.. wat u need to do is to open the cap behind the lamp and sun ur car for 1 day then all vapour sure gone... cos when they manufacture the car in kimchi land the air have more vapour then singapore so like tat loh

u mean juz open d cap where u need to change the headlights there ah?
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 15th October 2009, 5:32 pm

kenincf wrote:
kapitan wrote:This is being discussed in another Forte forum in US/Canada....

Quote....

[url=http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-forte-forum/54580-forte-ex-headlights-fogged-up.html
http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-forte-forum/54580-forte-ex-headlights-fogged-up.html[/quote[/url]]

hahahaah to me is still a defect whahahaha

So, it's not a defect after all... Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Last edited by Kiang on 15th October 2009, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 15th October 2009, 5:34 pm

The foggy-ness disappear after a while ... looks like it don't condense, if it condenses, then it become water in the head lights. That means, the heated hot air, which cause the fogginess has an escape route.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 15th October 2009, 5:36 pm

kapitan wrote:The foggy-ness disappear after a while ... looks like it don't condense, if it condenses, then it become water in the head lights. That means, the heated hot air, which cause the fogginess has an escape route.

mine have a bit condenes ......
like water vapour
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 15th October 2009, 5:37 pm

Kiang wrote:
kapitan wrote:The foggy-ness disappear after a while ... looks like it don't condense, if it condenses, then it become water in the head lights. That means, the heated hot air, which cause the fogginess has an escape route.

mine have a bit condenes ......
like water vapour

then checks to make sure holes are not covered.... I think..
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 15th October 2009, 5:40 pm

i still monitoring the situation ...

if still fogging for another 1 mth ....

go C N C again lor ...

as say SEE N SEE ma
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 31st October 2009, 12:48 am

KNS, after the windscreen cracked issue, today after rain, i also discovered both headlights foggy......Sad

What a quality of kia we have bought....power to suprise with defects and poor quality parts......
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 31st October 2009, 10:20 am

I just collected my ride ytd....also got condensation....
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 31st October 2009, 3:25 pm

I suppose everyone compliant about this, including me Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 31st October 2009, 3:29 pm

Hahhaa, my car is 1 day old and i can see condensation in the headlamps already.

Must be due to heavy rain!

Anyway, is this really important? Not really bothered by it.

If no safety implication i think should be ok ba?
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 2nd November 2009, 3:16 pm

It's considered as one of the features of the car.

Do like me, just accept it. Very Happy
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 2nd November 2009, 3:38 pm

KingJerry wrote:Hahhaa, my car is 1 day old and i can see condensation in the headlamps already.

Must be due to heavy rain!

Anyway, is this really important? Not really bothered by it.

If no safety implication i think should be ok ba?

you may just be able to switch to HID and tP will not notice..... Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 2nd November 2009, 4:15 pm

i remember somewhere in the manual mentioned condensation on the lamps r normal... anyway i also have this "problem" but if replacing them doesn't help i will leave it as it is i guess..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 2nd November 2009, 4:32 pm

Really is normal for the foggy condition? Hmmm.....my previous rides don't have this problem at all.....
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by KIAFAN 2nd November 2009, 5:00 pm

Is the condensation caused by poor sealing, will it caused rust?
KIAFAN
KIAFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 2nd November 2009, 10:27 pm

I think the most important thing is if the headlamps are covered by warranty?
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 5th November 2009, 8:03 am

I got same problem also... Discovered it yesterday night after driving in the rain..

Have anyone solved the problem yet?

Will sealing it with silicon help?
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 5th November 2009, 11:38 pm

fog ah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fog again n agian ah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now rainy season

sure alot of bros have this fog fog
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 22nd November 2009, 12:42 pm

Most of the times forget to check the headlights.....last night finally I remembered to take a look......

ok... put me on the list. My car have the misty lamps too....Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_sad

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHorse 22nd November 2009, 1:31 pm

got foggy lamps but nvm la...i'm fine with it
BlackHorse
BlackHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 22nd November 2009, 1:51 pm

It's ok.. I saw 2 BMWs with foggy lamps too! I don't think this problem is unique to fortes only!
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 22nd November 2009, 3:28 pm

My Forte headlamps also fog on Friday after running under heavy rain. Going back to C&C tomorrow to complain.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 22nd November 2009, 3:42 pm

I think when the engine is hot and the sudden "moisture" will cause the lamp to fog...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 22nd November 2009, 5:03 pm

Fogged-up headlamps after driving in rain the whole day I can understand. Trouble is, the Forte's headlamps fog-up at the slightest opportunity; passing showers, light shower, a short spell of heavy downpour and even car wash with the bonnet closed... WTF?! This just can't be right!

I've just been looking at the headlamp housing yesterday pm and cannot figure out where exactly the water seepage occurs. So WTF for the caps/covers for the bulbs have rubbers gaskets? Doesn't serve it's purpose.

And what's worse, the metallic coating on the reflectors are starting to blur and lose its shine/polish from the cycles of condensation and fogging up. Simply not acceptable. PERIOD.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 22nd November 2009, 10:01 pm

waypoint wrote:Fogged-up headlamps after driving in rain the whole day I can understand. Trouble is, the Forte's headlamps fog-up at the slightest opportunity; passing showers, light shower, a short spell of heavy downpour and even car wash with the bonnet closed... WTF?! This just can't be right!

I've just been looking at the headlamp housing yesterday pm and cannot figure out where exactly the water seepage occurs. So WTF for the caps/covers for the bulbs have rubbers gaskets? Doesn't serve it's purpose.

And what's worse, the metallic coating on the reflectors are starting to blur and lose its shine/polish from the cycles of condensation and fogging up. Simply not acceptable. PERIOD.

Sounds quite bad for you.. Lucky i'm quite a car noob. So i try to be oblivious to such stuff.. Make myself happier (or deluded)..

lol! lol! lol!
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 31st December 2009, 4:31 pm

Recently i discover my Forte headlamps fog after running under rain. But it disappear the next following day. Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_question
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 31st December 2009, 7:25 pm

Condensation happens when the surface is cold. Maybe when driving the forward facing wind cool down the headlight surface so much that it causes the air inside the housing to condens.

If you look closely enough behind the housing, there is L-shap rubber hose which allow air to vent out of the casing.

I think the problem with water vapour is the surrounding humid air flows into the vent too easily. What we can try is to extent the rubber hose to places with dry air intake. Eg. Beside the heated engine. Then more dry air is sucked into the headlight housing to reduce the effect.

This is just my thought... Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_study
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by carman 1st January 2010, 12:33 am

its normal for a forte to have condensation. KIA, the power to surprise (you with condensation).

carman

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 1st January 2010, 1:43 am

So the 'vent thing-a-ma-jig' is a feature to address this other 'feature', huh?

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122013

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122014

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122015

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122016

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122017

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122018

Still considered normal? Fogged-up... Or to me, these fugged-up headlights are look nothing like normal to me... I couldn't get any good photos of the blurry coating that's starting to build-up on the free-form reflector of the pole-lights and low-beams...

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_cry Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Kopfschuettel Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_evil

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 2nd January 2010, 2:24 am

waypoint wrote:So the 'vent thing-a-ma-jig' is a feature to address this other 'feature', huh?

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122013

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122014

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122015

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122016

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122017

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 26122018

Still considered normal? Fogged-up... Or to me, these fugged-up headlights are look nothing like normal to me... I couldn't get any good photos of the blurry coating that's starting to build-up on the free-form reflector of the pole-lights and low-beams...

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_cry Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Kopfschuettel Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp - Page 2 Icon_evil

BR,
w a y

these picture look so familar to me ....
now the 4th headlamp still like tat
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 2nd January 2010, 5:03 am

wow way.. your fogged-up H/L quite bad..

think that is the free "fog-lamp" given by KIA lolz

my H/L does fogged occasionally but not that serious..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 2nd January 2010, 10:13 am

Ar-boh when I found out about their 'declaration' in their pamphlet I got so worked-up... And initially, the people at Eunos Svc Centre had even told me that KIA was looking into it and there'd be a mass replacement for all customers facing the issue.

Yesterday, while washing my car, same bloody thing again... Drove out of the lot to the washing bay, no issue; all nice and clear. Once the first splash of water onto the forward half of the car to pre-rinse without even opening the bonnet, headlamps start fugging-up again; just a matter of tua-liap or suay-liap water droplets only. KNN!

It's like as if C&C/KIA thinks we are so hard-up for brand new headlamps or something. If I had a choice, I'd rather have as little to do with their mechanics as possible... Go in to resolve one issue, come back out with 2 or more new ones resulting from their screwing up to resolve; screws never replace, lah... scratches, nicks and dings lah... *sighs*

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by firmrock 4th January 2010, 11:05 pm

hmm.. i think there might be some crack.. thats the only possible reason.

my headlight there's condesation too. but its only happened after i change to diamond vision. no doubt. its way hotter thus leading to that.. but seldom it will fog.. so it doesnt matter to me.

better change the whole headlight.

firmrock

Back to top Go down

Post by bigconvoy 5th January 2010, 2:43 pm

hmmm i'm new to car ownership, but is fogging headlights when washing the car normal for other brand/makes?
or does this happens to only forte?

bigconvoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next