Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp

+41
firmrock
Terrier
carman
VAG
jl1500k
joepele
Bed
BlackHorse
crazyfox
KIAFAN
scorpey
JuanST
KingJerry
KnightRider
ck7373
kysoong
kapitan
ano57
Hello Kitty
ctoh
waypoint
johnkit
longbow
Fransge
malcolmlew
dipstick
ace
greatgazoo
nothing
Friendlyfool
humbug
jimixer
nocash
luvxiaobeng
Divine
newsman
Kiang
tish
leo
Cypher
kenincf
45 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp

Post by kenincf 19th June 2009, 5:27 pm

It was raining just now on my way back. After I reached my destination and parked my car, I accidentally realized there is condensation inside my front left headlamp. Though, the front right headlamp is ok. Does that mean there is a crack somewhere which let water go inside?

Anybody encountered the same thing on their car?
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty Re: Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp

Post by Cypher 19th June 2009, 5:32 pm

I think it is one of the common problem highlighted at the thread Problems/Enquireies/Concerns...
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Empty Re: Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp

Post by leo 19th June 2009, 6:58 pm

seems like not sealed properly...

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 19th June 2009, 7:05 pm

kenincf wrote:It was raining just now on my way back. After I reached my destination and parked my car, I accidentally realized there is condensation inside my front left headlamp. Though, the front right headlamp is ok. Does that mean there is a crack somewhere which let water go inside?

Anybody encountered the same thing on their car?
it was hilight before, looks like either ur rubber harden n crack, or they didnt fit properly, probably the bulb holder they didnt turn to seal off also... when u go back 1k, tell them.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 19th June 2009, 9:53 pm

i face the same problem...

they change a new headlights for u ...

i waiting to change as the stock is here

it took them 2 weeks to order
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 20th June 2009, 9:05 am

Just thought of sharing the photos with you guys...

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp IMG_0395s

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp IMG_0396s
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 20th June 2009, 9:14 am

Good sharing n thanks
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 20th June 2009, 11:07 am

i have this problem too.. !!!=((( i thought only me
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 20th June 2009, 11:08 am

bro.... i facing the same problem hahahaa
best part is that wheni wash car time, also face the problem....

juz inform them that u face the problem during ur servicing
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 20th June 2009, 11:09 am

kenincf wrote:Just thought of sharing the photos with you guys...

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp IMG_0395s

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp IMG_0396s

bro same pattern as u but i had it on both headlights
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 20th June 2009, 11:20 am

May I ask how old r your cars already? (before you find out this problem).... Juz wanna see how long after collecting the car this thing happen....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 20th June 2009, 11:27 am

i faced it only 3 days after collection of may car when my car damm dirty deni wash lor...

the best part is that wheni do servicing time, the change my fog light instead of my headlights... hahaha
so delay until now lor...
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 20th June 2009, 12:07 pm

My KCF is a few weeks old only. My odo is 600KM+. Actually I never pay attention to it until yesterday, I accidentally saw it after raining.

Next week I will go for my 1st servicing. I will certainly highlight it to CnC. Neutral

Could it be because they were using low quality headlights? Hmm... scratch
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 20th June 2009, 12:37 pm

kia included fishtanks in our cars!!...hehehe

anyway they should change the headlights...

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 21st June 2009, 1:31 pm

kenincf wrote:My KCF is a few weeks old only. My odo is 600KM+. Actually I never pay attention to it until yesterday, I accidentally saw it after raining.

Next week I will go for my 1st servicing. I will certainly highlight it to CnC. Neutral

Could it be because they were using low quality headlights? Hmm... scratch

i doubt so for the low quality headlights....
shld be quite good
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 21st June 2009, 3:52 pm

im also have this issue long before my 1st service, now 2nd servicing also done liao but still havent inform them, cos i wait wait, maybe later got led than change. haha...fat hope...
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 20th August 2009, 1:43 am

Hello kenincf/ Kiang/ Divine/ nocash, jus wanna check if you guys still having this problem and did C&C change the whole headlight for you?

Cos I oso got this problem...
Highlighted to C&C during my 1K service and their TE ask me if the condensation is there all the time? I frankly told them only when the engine is hot and he told me it is NORMAL!!! Crying or Very sad
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 20th August 2009, 8:45 am

I still haven't inform them, like what you said, sometimes have sometime no.... Rolling Eyes
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by humbug 20th August 2009, 8:55 am

jimixer wrote:Hello kenincf/ Kiang/ Divine/ nocash, jus wanna check if you guys still having this problem and did C&C change the whole headlight for you?

Highlighted to C&C during my 1K service and their TE ask me if the condensation is there all the time? I frankly told them only when the engine is hot and he told me it is NORMAL!!! Crying or Very sad

this 'no-can-do'. experience it with my previous two ride and they changed it with no question asked. Last being from Tan Chong when the service engr walking to my car first thing tell me he will change my right headlight without me knowing there was condensation in it. first class thumbsup

Its normal is a big minus point, lazy to change for you tell him to state so.

humbug

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 20th August 2009, 10:55 am

I went to Ubi for the 1K servicing... Frankly I find the people there not very helpful... Will try Leng Kee for the next servicing...

Basically, there are 2 main things they cannot do...
"THIS cannot; THAT also cannot!" No
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 20th August 2009, 2:20 pm

i have the same problem. both headlights.
shld highlight for my 5K servicing

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 20th August 2009, 2:25 pm

Before u drive in to complaint...park at the roadside first, pour water on the headlight, only when condensation appear then drive in and bring the SE to see on the spot...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 20th August 2009, 3:25 pm

jimixer wrote:Hello kenincf/ Kiang/ Divine/ nocash, jus wanna check if you guys still having this problem and did C&C change the whole headlight for you?

sad to say i still facing this problem even i change 3rd pair headlights liao !!!!
damm piss off....

somemore the poor workmanship of installation cos the headlight to have scratches too..
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 20th August 2009, 5:22 pm

If anyone of u keen to DIY to seal up the hole to prevent fogging. Can do a quick method of removing the headlight assembly, pour soapy water all over the SEAL area and blow air into the head light assembly. If u see big bubble coming out of some seal, that is the leak... Ur breadth may contribute even more particles or fog in to the headlight assembly... lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 21st August 2009, 12:26 am

Which Svc Center you went to? Ubi dun even wanna change it for me... Evil or Very Mad

Kiang wrote:

sad to say i still facing this problem even i change 3rd pair headlights liao !!!!
damm piss off....

somemore the poor workmanship of installation cos the headlight to have scratches too..
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st August 2009, 12:30 am

Guys dun complaining anymore, one very simple solution, drill at least 2 holes behind the casing will do. Problem confirm solve. These 2 holes will allow the water vapour inside to leak out instead of condensing inside your lamp.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 21st August 2009, 12:44 am

All this complaints about poor workmanship by the AD is giving me cold feets.

My previous car agent is pretty good. Don't have much complaint against them....car is always in good condition, they know exactly where the problem is and how to fix it.

They just stick a piece of diagnostic equipment to read I dunno what.....and they know exactly what is wrong. The CS will always call me and give me options,......and I decide if I want to go ahead with the repair or replacement of certain parts. Over the years, I came to trust the CS.

I wonder if the Forte has such a diagnostic equipment. And now beginning to wonder if the Service Centre guy is really lousy or that the incident is isolated and we are amplifying small complaint into insurmountable proportion.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 21st August 2009, 12:52 am

Ha ha ha... Actually, this is not really a problem so big that I cannot live with...
Probably being a proud first-time owner, I am just overly anxious and want my ride to be PERFECT! angel

Probably a few years later, got head lamp can liao...
Ke ke ke... lol!
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 21st August 2009, 10:34 am

jimixer wrote:Which Svc Center you went to? Ubi dun even wanna change it for me... Evil or Very Mad

Kiang wrote:

damm piss off....

i went to pandan gardens ... the main warehouse...
quite piss off actually .... i complain to them that y other forte dun have such problem...
when i compare to another forte besides me....

he LL change for me a new set which is the 3rd sets..
best part, when i wash car, the headlights fog again...

will complain again when i go servicing soon....
they are juz testing my patiences.....
can play big big if i wanted to ...

juz really unhappy with such poor services they provide to us...
well even with such nice car

really unhappy with the services they provide
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 21st August 2009, 10:50 am

Ya, totally agree! Their service is simply LOUSY!

Maybe that's why Mercedes withdraw the sole distributor rights from C&C...
Maybe KIA should seek compensation from C&C for giving FORTE a bad name!

Thanks Kiang, will go Pandan to make noise...
We cannot go together, else they hv excuse to say, "There, he also got the same problem wat?"...

Will buy Pandan cake there to smash their face if they tell me "it's normal" again!!! mad
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 21st August 2009, 10:52 am

from what i see, Kia service centre is lousy.
think it is time i find other service places...but scared warranty void leh...

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 21st August 2009, 12:09 pm

If CnC is unable to solve the prob, it's time to write in to Kia Kr. When writing in, make it a point to highlight the quality of CnC service quality. That should set some balls rolling or maybe even some heads rollings.......

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 26th August 2009, 12:28 pm

Hello jimixer,

Sorry for late reply. I had it rectified during my 1st servicing. They replaced the headlight for me and problem solved. thumbsup
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by malcolmlew 26th August 2009, 12:37 pm

hi all,
We need to use lots of time and energy to make them retify, most important is that they do it free.
Nice one!

malcolmlew

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 26th August 2009, 12:42 pm

they have ready headlamp stock? if have i also wanna change, mine also same problem.
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by malcolmlew 26th August 2009, 12:43 pm

Better call them early to replenish the stock since more car are out on the road now.

malcolmlew

Back to top Go down

Post by humbug 26th August 2009, 1:05 pm

Wow, yesterday collect new car, evening saw the condensation on both L & R. I not the only one too who collected yesterday and has these problem

humbug

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th August 2009, 1:05 pm

Can those who already had their headlamp replace, is it possible if you all uncrew and take out the headlamp and check if there is drill hole around the plastic area.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 27th August 2009, 2:57 am

Damn, I told them during my 1k servicing about the water vapour in the headlamps. The darn headlamps fogged up again this Afternoon after the rain
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 28th August 2009, 12:32 pm

Bro, which Svc Ctr u go to?
Hope to get mine replaced too...

kenincf wrote:
Hello jimixer,

Sorry for late reply. I had it rectified during my 1st servicing. They replaced the headlight for me and problem solved. thumbsup
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by johnkit 30th August 2009, 8:17 pm

Crying or Very sad Found my ride also have tis issue, wil go for repair during 1K service. How they actualy solve tis issue? Juz replace whole headlight unit?

johnkit

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 31st August 2009, 3:56 pm

jimixer wrote:Bro, which Svc Ctr u go to?
Hope to get mine replaced too...

kenincf wrote:
Hello jimixer,

I went to UBI. thumbsup
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 6th October 2009, 9:32 am

Well, being quite an avid watch enthusiast, I have encountered watches which have been tested water-resistant with the seals all intact but would still fog up when subject to fast temperature fluctuations...

For those of you still contending with this problem, try this...

From behind each head-lamp assembly remove one of the round screw-down caps. Now, with your engine running, turn on your headlights and put them in high beam. Leave it like so for about 10-mins or so for all moisture to evaporate. After the 10-mins or so is up, screw the covers back on each head-lamp assy. Be cautious. Especially so for the left head-lamp assy where the battery is; not alot of space to work that cap in.

Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Icon_wink Hope for the best.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 6th October 2009, 12:39 pm

It seems like it's true... It's not a defect...
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 6th October 2009, 1:05 pm

If it is not a defect, then why the CnC mechanic change the entire head lamp for some bros here - expensive for them, right?

I'd complained about this during my 1k servicing. Mechanic said it is normal - just turn on the head lights to "evaporate" the mositure inside
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Kitty 6th October 2009, 3:03 pm

AIya...

I collected my car YTD.. drive frm Pandan to Serangoon... then the condensation appear...

Called SE this am.. SE say highlight to them during 1 K Servicing
Hello Kitty
Hello Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 6th October 2009, 3:33 pm

i was at Mancando the other day fixing up my scuffy... it was raining heavily and literally have 2 more extra "FOGGED-LIGHTS"!

One of the mechanics there saw me taking pic of the fogged headlights and started chatting with me... I told them C&C told me it is normal and he immediately said, "No lah, how come car of other makes dun hv such prob!" Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Icon_cry

I dun agree with C&C argument that this problem is common in Fortes means tt this is normal... Bear in mind there are other Fortes without this problem!

Similarly, there are cases of cracked windscreen, is C&C going to tell us that other Fortes' windscreen oso crack wat... So, windscreen cracking is NORMAL lah?! Condensation phenonomen on the inside of the front headlamp Affraid
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 6th October 2009, 3:41 pm

ctoh wrote:If it is not a defect, then why the CnC mechanic change the entire head lamp for some bros here - expensive for them, right?

I'd complained about this during my 1k servicing. Mechanic said it is normal - just turn on the head lights to "evaporate" the mositure inside

I'm also not sure whether it's really a defect or not. According to some of my friends, it's normal that the condensation will appear when there is temperature difference between inside and outside.

Maybe I will ask my friends who own other cars about this.
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 6th October 2009, 3:42 pm

My thoughts exactly - why other cars do not have such condensation???

Ours are headlamp condemnation!!!
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 6th October 2009, 4:50 pm

ctoh wrote:My thoughts exactly - why other cars do not have such condensation???

Ours are headlamp condemnation!!!

I agree with this

Though its pretty normal for condensation to occur when there is a hugh temp shock ( I.E at night very heavy rain then morning big big sun), the frequency of occurrence for Forte is jus about TOO HIGH... .Like the Cracked windshield...

Material used for Lens, Epoxy used to seal then housing and Lens do play a big part.
The exhaust valve behind the housing for air + moisture to escape should be robust enough....
Should petition and raised to C&C! thumbsup
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next