Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ?

+8
winn
joepele
gobal100
xtremex
Siaoster
Gabes
cpt_zr
stalejive
12 posters

Go down

Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ?

Post by stalejive 17th March 2010, 4:33 pm

hi bros ,

i will be driving up to Hatyai with my friends , it'll be my virgin trip driving up to Hatyai.....

Any tips to share maybe ?

And i am not sure whether i wanna send my forte my servicing or inspection prior to the trip as i already sent my forte for 5000km servicing 2 weeks ago.....
Pls advise ?

and can i rev up the car above 3 rpm ? it's on 5000 plus km mileage...

stalejive

Back to top Go down

Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty Re: Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ?

Post by cpt_zr 17th March 2010, 5:18 pm

hhaha. driving up to hatyai ah...

Nvr drive before leh. But i got ride there before... So... in my experience... here are some stuff u need to note.

1) Driving up north is easy compared to biking.. so try to stay awake.

2) Make sure engine cond is good, tyres ok, spare tyre ok, get a jump start cable and some handy tools just in case. oh, dont forget torch la, break down sign la... some light sticks [u know the saf like to use one... ] maybe useful to ID some cars who is leader or sweeper.

3) prepare hell lots of toll fee for cars.. bikes are free hehe.

4) i think this applies to cars also, You need a copy of your log card ,[now use the transfer of owner ship paper also can.] and your insurance to prove you are not selling your car in thailand. Then rmb to keep the paper work in orderly and do not lose anything, if not u die...

5) Certain insurance company insure u 50km up from the border of peninsular msia... but i duno about yours, near the border of Msia and thai, there will be quite a few shop doing these... maybe u can get from them... but i duno la, i nvr try before cos last time i use my bike insurance can go in.

6) rmb to rest your car! Though its new but don't use and abuse!

7) if u are driving in the night to thailand, just be careful.. cause last time i rode there in the middle of the night there are some motorcyclist riding otr without lights, helmet and no plate.. so stay away from them hor. dont get into any trouble.

i think thats all ba.. haha but imo driving to hatyai is wooo expensive.. So i think its abit bo hua, but heck its the experience right? haha Rmb to make the thai number plates hor! haha I did mine and i was damn happy. lol

just a FYI, From SG to Bukit Kayu Hitam is approx 900+kms. So, if you successfully enter thailand, there is still a stretch of road to cover before you reach hatyai city center. Where all the Lee gardens la... all the hotel and happenings will be... So keep your eyes peeled! and dont forget to take pict at the the "WELCOME TO THAILAND" sign board !
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Empty Re: Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ?

Post by Gabes 17th March 2010, 6:06 pm

stalejive wrote:hi bros ,

i will be driving up to Hatyai with my friends , it'll be my virgin trip driving up to Hatyai.....

And i am not sure whether i wanna send my forte my servicing or inspection prior to the trip as i already sent my forte for 5000km servicing 2 weeks ago.....
Pls advise ?

I don’t think it’s a
problem for you to rev it up higher than 3000rpm. If you wanna be absolutely
anal about it, you can consider changing engine oil in Hatyai. Lots of Auto shops
in Hatyai.

Documents to prepare at
Sadao Border, Thai customs:

1)
Prepare 2 x
copies of Vehicle Log Card, endorsed Stamped and Signed by relevant Authority
(Frankly, any stamp is fine eg. Company stamp – will still go through)

2)
Prepare 2 x
copies of your Motor Insurance Certificate

3) Prepare your passport for stamping (You can actually push maybe 50bht or 100bht to get them to do your documents quickly Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_lol )

3rd Party Motor
Liability Insurance to be purchased in Hatyai. (Compulsary!) You will find a
few shops/booths right after the border selling them. You can buy on a monthly
basis, 6 monthly basis or for 1 year, or for a period that you are in Thailand, if I remember
correctly. Please buy this insurance. In the event, you knock someone down in Thailand,
this insurance will indemnify(cover) you to pay damages for injuries sustained
by a 3rd party. If not..... $ will be out from your pocket, if you are sued. Anyway, Thai police will check if you have this, if not you will run into problems with the Authorities

Next, ensure your Car Insurance covers your vehicle 50km after the Thai border. Hatyai is less than 50km away from the border, so ok. If you are intending to travel further, get
your insurance company to cover beyond that (and of course pay additional
premium).

Lastly, buy Travel
Insurance from any respectable Insurance Company. My suggestion AIG Assist is a
good plan. (Have good personal experiences)

Sorry one last thing, enjoy the massage, shopping, hair washing, pedicure, manicure and ear treatments and Pink Lady if you like those.
Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_silent Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_twisted Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? 612380
Gabes
Gabes

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 17th March 2010, 6:21 pm

thought its rioting over there ? issit safe ?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremex 17th March 2010, 7:52 pm

Just don't go to the rioting place. grin
xtremex
xtremex

Back to top Go down

Post by stalejive 17th March 2010, 8:07 pm

thanx alot bros.....really appreciate all your time for writing up....

Thanx for ur inputs all....appreciate it...

stalejive

Back to top Go down

Post by gobal100 17th March 2010, 11:49 pm

i am AIG agent need travel assist tell me Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin

gobal100

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 18th March 2010, 11:12 am

gobal100 wrote:i am AIG agent need travel assist tell me Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin

soliciting?

Smile
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 18th March 2010, 11:13 am

Wah so many bros here rode there before?

Smile
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 18th March 2010, 12:11 pm

heh this week AA has a drive to Koh Samui thing.. wanted to go .. but will affect IPPT training.hahah.. going next year.

didnt realise that i'm not the only crazy one.. apparently.. alot here have done it Razz
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabes 18th March 2010, 1:49 pm

gobal100 wrote:i am AIG agent need travel assist tell me Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin

Eh soliciting ah. Kekeke. I got 30% Broker's discount for AIG Assist. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_smile
Gabes
Gabes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabes 18th March 2010, 1:50 pm

winn wrote:heh this week AA has a drive to Koh Samui thing.. wanted to go .. but will affect IPPT training.hahah.. going next year.

didnt realise that i'm not the only crazy one.. apparently.. alot here have done it Razz

Quite happening to know so many Bros here actually rides. I've ridden up to MHS. Very shioks.... Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_eek Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? 332362 Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Fresse
Gabes
Gabes

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 18th March 2010, 5:44 pm

xtremex wrote:Just don't go to the rioting place. grin

yeap i see hatyai like quite safe leh. haha... I went hatyai during '09 march, when they are starting to riot.. nothing much also.

joepele wrote:Wah so many bros here rode there before?

Smile

haha. riding to hatyai on a bike is quite ok... but if u ride up with a 150cc bike is another story. lol ...

i heard the fastest ppl reach hatyai on a busa was slightly out of 8 hrs.. duno true or not, but thats so far the fastest time i hear.

winn wrote:heh this week AA has a drive to Koh Samui thing.. wanted to go .. but will affect IPPT training.hahah.. going next year.

lol

Quite happening to know so many Bros here actually rides. I've ridden up to MHS. Very shioks.... Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_eek Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? 332362 Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Fresse[/quote]

hahah. Mae hong Son? Wah i want to ride there one of these days too.. but i think need to take at least solid of 10 days thru and fro from SG to thai and back to SG.
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabes 18th March 2010, 6:01 pm

cpt_zr wrote:
xtremex wrote:Just don't go to the rioting place. grin

yeap i see hatyai like quite safe leh. haha... I went hatyai during '09 march, when they are starting to riot.. nothing much also.

joepele wrote:Wah so many bros here rode there before?

Smile

haha. riding to hatyai on a bike is quite ok... but if u ride up with a 150cc bike is another story. lol ...

i heard the fastest ppl reach hatyai on a busa was slightly out of 8 hrs.. duno true or not, but thats so far the fastest time i hear.

lol

Quite happening to know so many Bros here actually rides. I've ridden up to MHS. Very shioks.... Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_eek Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? 332362 Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Fresse

hahah. Mae hong Son? Wah i want to ride there one of these days too.. but i think need to take at least solid of 10 days thru and fro from SG to thai and back to SG.[/quote]

Hey bro. 10 days Mae Hong Son too tight. I prefer about full 2 weeks. Got time to relax, massage, see scenary, look at girls. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Fresse , do a bit of camping etc etc. Hehehe...

Anyway i know of a old bird that wrote his auto scooter up to hatyai. But he reach Hatyai faster than all the other sportsbikes, Kekeke. Why? because he constantly ride - pump petrol go pump petrol go. Sportbikers will ride damn fast, then stop very long for drinks, kopi and smoke breaks. LOL.
Gabes
Gabes

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 18th March 2010, 6:14 pm

Gabes wrote:Hey bro. 10 days Mae Hong Son too tight. I prefer about full 2 weeks. Got time to relax, massage, see scenary, look at girls. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Fresse , do a bit of camping etc etc. Hehehe...

Anyway i know of a old bird that wrote his auto scooter up to hatyai. But he reach Hatyai faster than all the other sportsbikes, Kekeke. Why? because he constantly ride - pump petrol go pump petrol go. Sportbikers will ride damn fast, then stop very long for drinks, kopi and smoke breaks. LOL.

Hahaha.. power. It took me 13hrs to reach city center of hatyai. Because the custom took me 2hrs [plus taking pict at the welcome to Thailand. hehe] woah its tiring.. i also ride, pum and go.. but phew tiring..

u still riding now?
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabes 19th March 2010, 4:06 pm

cpt_zr wrote:
Gabes wrote:Hey bro. 10 days Mae Hong Son too tight. I prefer about full 2 weeks. Got time to relax, massage, see scenary, look at girls. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Fresse , do a bit of camping etc etc. Hehehe...

Hahaha.. power. It took me 13hrs to reach city center of hatyai. Because the custom took me 2hrs [plus taking pict at the welcome to Thailand. hehe] woah its tiring.. i also ride, pum and go.. but phew tiring..

u still riding now?

Er.. no. Just sold my bike few weeks ago. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Kopfschuettel I will buy another end of this year.... Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? 332362
Gabes
Gabes

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 19th March 2010, 4:37 pm

Gabes wrote:
cpt_zr wrote:

u still riding now?

Er.. no. Just sold my bike few weeks ago. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Kopfschuettel I will buy another end of this year.... Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? 332362

u sold your GS ? i assume u own a GS base on ur avatar ? hehe
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabes 19th March 2010, 4:50 pm

Siaoster wrote:
Gabes wrote:
cpt_zr wrote:

u still riding now?

u sold your GS ? i assume u own a GS base on ur avatar ? hehe

hahaha. Yes I rode the 1200 GS Adventure. You own a Fazer? hehe. I used to ride the Fazer as well. Good bike!
Gabes
Gabes

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 19th March 2010, 5:20 pm

omg. all ride big cows one! haha..

I only riding a cbr150 when i went to thailand... lol...

now riding a Super4!
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 19th March 2010, 5:51 pm

Pls advise ?

buy insurance for your family. distance so far, accidents can happen when you least expect it. i may sound rude, but this is a fact.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 19th March 2010, 6:01 pm

Gabes wrote:
hahaha. Yes I rode the 1200 GS Adventure. You own a Fazer? hehe. I used to ride the Fazer as well. Good bike!

GS....i wonder when i can even own one Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_sad

yeah had changed from VFR to Fazer.

So far so good for the fazer, but not as stable as VFR due to lightweight of the bike ...and petrol tank also smaller Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Suspect

including my HB box making the fazer less aerodynamic...but then again....its a naked bike so ...ahaahah

gng for my 1st genting trip with this in april Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Alien
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 19th March 2010, 6:02 pm

cpt_zr wrote:omg. all ride big cows one! haha..

I only riding a cbr150 when i went to thailand... lol...

now riding a Super4!

riding a cbr150 to thailand is worth a salute !! Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? 332362

super 4 is one of the most fuel efficient bike in sg ....i miss my vtec3 as well argh~
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 19th March 2010, 6:03 pm

forte3737 wrote:

Pls advise ?

buy insurance for your family. distance so far, accidents can happen when you least expect it. i may sound rude, but this is a fact.

yes agree ! Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? 332362
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 19th March 2010, 7:02 pm

forte3737 wrote:

hahah true true, btw riding / driving in hatyai is compulsory to be coverd by local insurance.

Siaoster wrote:

riding a cbr150 to thailand is worth a salute !! Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? 332362

super 4 is one of the most fuel efficient bike in sg ....i miss my vtec3 as well argh~

hahah not an easy feat, because 2b bike is slowww and vibrates like mad! haha..

i love my S4 now.. but i think i am craving for more.. lol! but no doubt i love the sound of the engine with a yoshi... WOOO..

esp when vtec is opened!
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 19th March 2010, 10:37 pm

my advise is if you really have a choice, dun drive to thailand. distance is so far and why should you take such a risk? kids, family, wife. parents should be your main consideration.

all it takes is just one second of loss of concentration for the worse to happen

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabes 19th March 2010, 11:44 pm

forte3737 wrote:my advise is if you really have a choice, dun drive to thailand. distance is so far and why should you take such a risk? kids, family, wife. parents should be your main consideration.

all it takes is just one second of loss of concentration for the worse to happen

Life is short. Play hard. Work hard. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin
Gabes
Gabes

Back to top Go down

Post by stalejive 20th March 2010, 12:32 am

Thanx alot bros for your concerns , ya i will be buying personal travel insurance , anyway goin with friends...

Anyway bros , i thought of changing to fully synthetic engine oil & oil filter in Singapore before driving up , is it feasible ?

Can i change to fully syn e.o even tho i am still only at 7000km mileage now ?

And should i wanna go to 10000km servicing at C&C , will they void the warranty cos i went to outside worskhop to change the e.o ?

Thanx again bros..

stalejive

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 20th March 2010, 9:27 am

Gabes wrote:
forte3737 wrote:my advise is if you really have a choice, dun drive to thailand. distance is so far and why should you take such a risk? kids, family, wife. parents should be your main consideration.

Life is short. Play hard. Work hard. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin

well, its his life and his car anyway.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 20th March 2010, 10:16 am

why???? I took a driving holiday two years ago, driving for ten days all round Tasmania in a caravan and the last two days in a Camry.... covered the whole island, sleeping in the caravan, cooking, batheing etc.... distance was even further then Sg to Th.... what risk???
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 20th March 2010, 11:02 am

Hatyai is a vice city. Haha. Quite happening place if u know what i mean Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_redface Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_redface Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_redface

OH there got sell those replica football jersey, very cheap. 250baht nia. It's not imitation, it is just goods with some minor flaws. Can consider. I bought alot from there. Song.

Anyway, just becareful bah, hatyai quite near to the southern part where situation is pretty volatile.

Spent a few weeks there before during my mob and demob(offshore job.)

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 20th March 2010, 3:16 pm

In april, Some of my riding kakis will be heading up to thai for the water festval, after that will be comng down to genting where i will meet them then come back to sg together. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 20th March 2010, 6:45 pm

kapitan wrote:

why???? I took a driving holiday two years ago, driving for ten days all round Tasmania in a caravan and the last two days in a Camry.... covered the whole island, sleeping in the caravan, cooking, batheing etc.... distance was even further then Sg to Th.... what risk???

Redbean wrote:Hatyai is a vice city. Haha. Quite happening place if u know what i mean Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_redface Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_redface Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_redface

OH there got sell those replica football jersey, very cheap. 250baht nia. It's not imitation, it is just goods with some minor flaws. Can consider. I bought alot from there. Song.

Anyway, just becareful bah, hatyai quite near to the southern part where situation is pretty volatile.

Spent a few weeks there before during my mob and demob(offshore job.)

Siaoster wrote:In april, Some of my riding kakis will be heading up to thai for the water festval, after that will be comng down to genting where i will meet them then come back to sg together. Driving up to Hatyai...what to take note ? Icon_biggrin

Haha.. Ok la... not so jialat one... Just dont pattern all over u will be safe! keep awake, get a driving buddy.. talk **** then time will pass damn fast.

driving / riding up is once in a life time experience... though its stupid as some would deem, but we its a must try if you are young !

I dowanna sit on a wheelchair when i am old next time, dulan about myself when my grandson/daughter goes.

"ah gong! daddy bring me go thailand in his new car..."

hahah well just imo la.. haha
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by r11s 20th March 2010, 8:00 pm

Gd luck n have safe trip bro. Me last aug drive up to phuket w no prob. Like u tat time mine only 5k+. After come back sg then chamge oil. Since u jus send service I dun tink u Ned to resend service again. U can buy INS jus b4 mlysia Thai border. Impt ur log sheet bro hehe

r11s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down