Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup?

+10
koayst
VS
dunbother
ano57
Terrier
The Blue Cruiser
kapitan
Corgel
whitechoco
Siao_Liao
14 posters

Go down

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup?

Post by Siao_Liao 23rd February 2010, 10:11 pm

Let say if you open up the bonnet, by looking at the engine, can a 2L and a 1.6L be identify out?

let's forget about the cruise control etc.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty Re: how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup?

Post by whitechoco 23rd February 2010, 10:14 pm

if i dun rem wrongly, engine there got write if 1.6 or 2.0
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Empty Re: how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup?

Post by Siao_Liao 23rd February 2010, 10:41 pm

whitechoco wrote:if i dun rem wrongly, engine there got write if 1.6 or 2.0

ar? serious ar? i thought only put DOHC 16 Valve bla bla bla? maybe i go look in more detail.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 23rd February 2010, 10:43 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:

ar? serious ar? i thought only put DOHC 16 Valve bla bla bla? maybe i go look in more detail.
16 is 1.6 lo.. hehe.. 2.0 one is different.. not DOHC i tink..
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 23rd February 2010, 10:47 pm

whitechoco wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

lol...lidat also can! haha...2L for sure is DOHC (Dual Overhead Cam)..this one confirm..nvm..i go ask the tech. Thanks anyway!

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 24th February 2010, 9:11 am

whitechoco wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

16 is not 1.6, its 16 valves, the number of valves the cylinders have... It may be possible that the 2.0 has 16 valves as well, depending on how they wanna design it...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 24th February 2010, 9:20 am

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup?

look at the back.... for the 2litre Koup, there will be a 2.0 stuck on the trunk lid....

Smile Smile Smile Smile
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 24th February 2010, 9:32 am

look for the sunroof.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 24th February 2010, 9:34 am

The Blue Cruiser wrote:look for the sunroof.

both 1.6 and 2.0 Koup have sunroof....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 24th February 2010, 9:36 am

ask the car.. are you 2L or 1.6L.. =X
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 24th February 2010, 9:43 am

Siao_Liao wrote:

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? DOHC1
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 24th February 2010, 9:47 am

kapitan wrote:

sorry, i realised it's for koup, not forte. how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Icon_lol
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 24th February 2010, 9:49 am

the layout and the engine is different between 1.6L and 2L

u see it side by side then u will notice.. thereafter u will know how to differeniate in future w/o putting them together =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 24th February 2010, 9:50 am

The Blue Cruiser wrote:
kapitan wrote:

sorry, i realised it's for koup, not forte. how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Icon_lol

Sorry no cure........

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by dunbother 24th February 2010, 10:00 am

hahaha 
kapitan wrote:
The Blue Cruiser wrote:
kapitan wrote:

Sorry no cure........

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
dunbother
dunbother

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 24th February 2010, 10:14 am

Corgel wrote:
whitechoco wrote:
Siao_Liao wrote:

16 is not 1.6, its 16 valves, the number of valves the cylinders have... It may be possible that the 2.0 has 16 valves as well, depending on how they wanna design it...

Yeah..u r right. For all In-Line 4 (Twin Cam), it come with 16 valve. 2 valve for each camshaft. unless it's a V series, boxer, rotary engine then it's different, not forgetting the explosion sound that it produce is also...sweet!

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 24th February 2010, 10:29 am

Corgel wrote:

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Lol paiseh.. hahaha.. i thot really works tt way
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 24th February 2010, 10:40 am

whitechoco wrote:
Corgel wrote:

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Lol paiseh.. hahaha.. i thot really works tt way

haha..we all learn from each other. Who know next time you can teach bros here how to apply Left Foot Braking technique. Smile

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by VS 24th February 2010, 11:21 am

Look at the road tax disc
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by koayst 24th February 2010, 11:32 am

When you open the hood, you will notice that for 1.6L, there is quite a bit of space between the front (where the widescreen slope down) and the engine block.

For 2.0L, because the engine is bigger, there is not much space.

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 24th February 2010, 2:53 pm

kapitan wrote:how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup?

look at the back.... for the 2litre Koup, there will be a 2.0 stuck on the trunk lid....

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Mine is 2.0 and there is no "2.0" emblem stuck on the trunk. It only says "Forte" on the left and "Koup" on the right.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 24th February 2010, 2:59 pm

Here are some pics on the engine bay for a 2.0

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? P2241278
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? P2241279
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? P2241280
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian 24th February 2010, 3:05 pm

Steering wheel- 2.0 with cruise control switch on the right.
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 24th February 2010, 3:08 pm

Guardian wrote:Steering wheel- 2.0 with cruise control switch on the right.

haiz..pls read through the whole thread first before comment.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by Siao_Liao 24th February 2010, 3:10 pm

Mac wrote:Here are some pics on the engine bay for a 2.0

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? P2241278
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? P2241279
how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? P2241280

Thanks Bro. You got any comparision? Hard to tell by looking at only 1 type.

Siao_Liao

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 24th February 2010, 4:14 pm

Mac wrote:
kapitan wrote:how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup?

how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Icon_smile how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Icon_smile how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Icon_smile how to differeniate between a 2L and a 1.6L koup? Icon_smile

Mine is 2.0 and there is no "2.0" emblem stuck on the trunk. It only says "Forte" on the left and "Koup" on the right.

that's rite. actualli, find the '2.0' emblem stuck on some of the forte looks abit tacky. first time i saw, thot the owner bought the numbers from a hardware shop and pasted it themselves as the font and size is not consistent wif the rest of the factory letterings.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 24th February 2010, 4:25 pm

Siao_Liao wrote:
Thanks Bro. You got any comparision? Hard to tell by looking at only 1 type.

Hopefully someone with a 1.6 could post the pics. Then we can compare.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by lch45 24th February 2010, 9:12 pm

Look at the engine serial no.

For 1.6L: XXXXX611XXXXX

Cant rem 2L format. Only know its diff by 1 number.

Any bro driving 2L can help?

lch45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down