Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int?

+21
Marc
ignxbp
Guardian
stasystylez
rickong
mighty meow
keigo
Corgel
Nightstar96
jeff2510
kensum
whitechoco
NiVleK
joA
redkoup
Leo78
Fortessimo
max
ace
scalar
atta
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int?

Post by atta 12th January 2010, 12:40 am

My SE rec me to this place whr i can stick extra tinting in addition to the ride cool that was given for free. The existing ones r really too light.. and its warm when i drive in the day... cost abt $100 for the 2 side n front... forgot to ask if the back is included. quite a gd price rite? anyone wanna do it as well?

Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Icon_biggrin
atta
atta

Back to top Go down

Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty Re: Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int?

Post by scalar 12th January 2010, 12:41 am

sis, how come juz nw u never ask me???
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Empty Re: Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int?

Post by ace 12th January 2010, 12:42 am

Scalar, you got lobang.....I also want to know leh...

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by atta 12th January 2010, 12:44 am

scalar wrote:sis, how come juz nw u never ask me???

ai yo.. u come so late just nw.. i told max n johno lei.. forgot to tell u . haha. u wanna do it too? really v transparent lei. even at nite. the tinting so light. 100 quite gd px hor...
atta
atta

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 12th January 2010, 12:45 am

haha, quite a number of bros & sis knows le.... juz cannot discuss online....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 12th January 2010, 12:46 am

atta wrote:

ai yo.. u come so late just nw.. i told max n johno lei.. forgot to tell u . haha. u wanna do it too? really v transparent lei. even at nite. the tinting so light. 100 quite gd px hor...

they never tell u abt my lobang la.... cos last time all my cars do double layer....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 12th January 2010, 12:49 am

hmm....PM me then. Smile

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by atta 12th January 2010, 12:55 am

scalar wrote:
atta wrote:

they never tell u abt my lobang la.... cos last time all my cars do double layer....

oh cannot post? so many rules ?? i tot thats what forum is for ma. not that i'm selling anything... oh u got lobang also NVR tell me jus nw...!!
atta
atta

Back to top Go down

Post by max 12th January 2010, 12:56 am

atta wrote:

oh cannot post? so many rules ?? i tot thats what forum is for ma. not that i'm selling anything... oh u got lobang also NVR tell me jus nw...!!

cos SL mah .... lol!

max

Back to top Go down

Post by atta 12th January 2010, 1:02 am

max wrote:
atta wrote:

cos SL mah .... lol!

SL???? wa u guys really short form all the way.... so technical...
atta
atta

Back to top Go down

Post by max 12th January 2010, 1:03 am

atta wrote:

SL???? wa u guys really short form all the way.... so technical...

understooded ... Very Happy

max

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 12th January 2010, 1:08 am

I wan to know also lei...hehe....have been thinking abt it since day 1....
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by atta 12th January 2010, 1:10 am

Fortessimo wrote:I wan to know also lei...hehe....have been thinking abt it since day 1....

haha. same.. so hot rite.. great! PM me the date u r free. maybe i can book...
atta
atta

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 12th January 2010, 1:11 am

Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Lol
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo78 12th January 2010, 2:10 am

atta wrote:My SE rec me to this place whr i can stick extra tinting in addition to the ride cool that was given for free. The existing ones r really too light.. and its warm when i drive in the day... cost abt $100 for the 2 side n front... forgot to ask if the back is included. quite a gd price rite? anyone wanna do it as well?

Sis, pls pm me.
(If got info whether include back will be best!!! thumbsup )
Leo78
Leo78

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 12th January 2010, 8:57 am

atta wrote:My SE rec me to this place whr i can stick extra tinting in addition to the ride cool that was given for free. The existing ones r really too light.. and its warm when i drive in the day... cost abt $100 for the 2 side n front... forgot to ask if the back is included. quite a gd price rite? anyone wanna do it as well?

i wun bother pasting over the CMI rikekool coz the film clarity at the rear window is very poor. each time i look at the rear view mirror, the word "cheapo" come to mind. thinking of ripping out and juz replacing a set of fresh dark high clarity tint.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 12th January 2010, 9:11 am

hey hey glad to see this thread! I oso wanna do lei.. but my Koup still haven come Sad

atta, wad brand is it that ur se recommended?
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by atta 13th January 2010, 10:14 pm

Oh.... Ya v bad clarity at the rear ... Shld tear out nt?? Like tearing away money.... I also dunno wad brand Leo but then it's cheap lor... Im also still considering.. Or shld I get a reputable one? So far my se always rec gd stuff to me lei.. I think la. Coz I think my paint protection is gd.. Can really see water drip dwn when it rains...
atta
atta

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 13th January 2010, 11:50 pm

huh really so bad ah?! this is wad i dun hope to happen to my car's solar film, in the end still kena... !@$@#$ can we sell the solar film??
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by atta 13th January 2010, 11:54 pm

joA wrote:huh really so bad ah?! this is wad i dun hope to happen to my car's solar film, in the end still kena... !@$@#$ can we sell the solar film??

YAR!! if u haven coolect ur car, tell ur SE that u wanna opt outta it.. then ask for cash rebate??? say all ur frens says it sucks.. then take the money and go do outside..!!!
atta
atta

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 13th January 2010, 11:55 pm

solar film once remove cannot use le....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 13th January 2010, 11:57 pm

atta wrote:
joA wrote:huh really so bad ah?! this is wad i dun hope to happen to my car's solar film, in the end still kena... !@$@#$ can we sell the solar film??
YAR!! if u haven coolect ur car, tell ur SE that u wanna opt outta it.. then ask for cash rebate??? say all ur frens says it sucks.. then take the money and go do outside..!!!
that day go settle paper work already told him wan2 opt out but he say can only rebate $150 so i juz leave it lor.. disappointed..
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 13th January 2010, 11:58 pm

scalar wrote:solar film once remove cannot use le....
y cannot??
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by atta 13th January 2010, 11:58 pm

bro scalar.. tell me ur lobang ba. i think i trust u more than my SE la.. lolx. next MU then say ya.. but remind me hor. i will forget one. lol
atta
atta

Back to top Go down

Post by atta 13th January 2010, 11:59 pm

joA wrote:
atta wrote:
that day go settle paper work already told him wan2 opt out but he say can only rebate $150 so i juz leave it lor.. disappointed..

better than nothing.... its really not gd de... can feel the heat... useless.... haiz.. hw come so manuy things to change huh... -_-'
atta
atta

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 14th January 2010, 12:03 am

atta wrote:
joA wrote:
atta wrote:
better than nothing.... its really not gd de... can feel the heat... useless.... haiz.. hw come so manuy things to change huh... -_-'
well, "chiam see eng" 1st lor.. when got super good promo then can change liao.. might consider go boleh-land do Twisted Evil
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 14th January 2010, 12:04 am

lol. Wah you guys/girls very onz...always meetup and kopi!
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 14th January 2010, 12:05 am

joA wrote:
scalar wrote:solar film once remove cannot use le....
y cannot??
eh it works lk sticker leh, paste liao remove then spoil lo
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by max 14th January 2010, 12:07 am

whitechoco wrote:eh it works lk sticker leh, paste liao remove then spoil lo

remove liao bring home bao text book .... thumbsup

max

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 14th January 2010, 12:08 am

atta wrote:bro scalar.. tell me ur lobang ba. i think i trust u more than my SE la.. lolx. next MU then say ya.. but remind me hor. i will forget one. lol

roger sis....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 14th January 2010, 12:12 am

scalar wrote:
atta wrote:bro scalar.. tell me ur lobang ba. i think i trust u more than my SE la.. lolx. next MU then say ya.. but remind me hor. i will forget one. lol
roger sis....
bro cheap & good lobang pls... best is <$100 What a Face
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 14th January 2010, 12:14 am

bro already pm u....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 14th January 2010, 12:47 am

ya i saw aredi thkz.. juz wan2 tell u hope u can find cheap & good lobang for me & sis atta Very Happy
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by kensum 14th January 2010, 11:27 am

Does they do for front windscreen tinting as well?
kensum
kensum

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff2510 14th January 2010, 11:33 am

scalar wrote:bro already pm u....

Bro Scalar, can do for forte or not? My current film is also very light. Can PM me the pricing. Thanks in advance.

jeff2510

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo78 14th January 2010, 11:33 am

joA wrote:ya i saw aredi thkz.. juz wan2 tell u hope u can find cheap & good lobang for me & sis atta Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Icon_biggrin

Pls pm me too! Extra layer of tinting Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? 332362
Leo78
Leo78

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightstar96 14th January 2010, 12:04 pm

Rikecool one is LTA approved right? if do any darker = fail right?
then 3year later go inspection how? tear out? tear $ again? Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Icon_scratch

driving car in SG so stress #$@%@^%
Nightstar96
Nightstar96

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 14th January 2010, 12:16 pm

can do a GB aredi thumbsup
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 14th January 2010, 1:54 pm

Nightstar96 wrote:Rikecool one is LTA approved right? if do any darker = fail right?
then 3year later go inspection how? tear out? tear $ again? Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Icon_scratch

driving car in SG so stress #$@%@^%

the one by c&c is way below the lts regulation, this extra tinting can bring it to the max allowed by lta...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 14th January 2010, 2:07 pm

sorry guys no GB.... but all will have to go 1 by 1....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 14th January 2010, 2:35 pm

scalar wrote:sorry guys no GB.... but all will have to go 1 by 1....

Am thinking of making my ride darker as well, can you pm the contact to me as well...

Thanks... Smile

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 14th January 2010, 2:41 pm

before anyone become heros... let's look at this news..
http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/Drivers/Story/A1Story20090103-112010.html

More drivers in trouble over dark tints

Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Blank

[top:
A vehicle inspector using a tint meter to measure the amount of light
passing through a car window. LTA rules require vehicle windscreens and
front windows to allow at least 70 per cent of light through. Rear
windows must let through a minimum of 25 per cent of light.]

MORE motorists are getting pulled over for tinting their vehicle windows a shade too dark.

In all, 1,356 motorists were fined last year. The figure was more
than three times the 382 caught in 2006, and the 2006 figure was three
times that of the preceding year.

Another 662 motorists were caught in the first 10 months of this
year, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) told The Straits Times. These
drivers flouted the window tinting rules, which mandate that rear
windows allow at least 25 per cent of light to pass through. For the
windscreen and front windows, the requirement is at least 70 per cent.

The
LTA has said in the past that tinted windows improve the vehicle's
air-conditioning efficiency and provide a better shield against
ultraviolet rays.

At the same time, the tinting standards - devised in line with
international practices - ensure that the tints are not so dark that
they compromise visibility for the driver and people looking into the
vehicle from outside. The ability to see inside the vehicle is
important, for example, during security checks.

Motorists said they breach the guidelines for reasons that include
seeking extra privacy, keeping valuables out of view and adding some
mystique to their cars.

A 35-year-old motorist, who did not wish to be named, said he used
film to tint the windows illegally on his previous car, a black Honda
Jazz, because darkened glass "looked nicer on the car".

"It blends with the body of the car. If you can see through the car,
it looks ugly. It also helps with the reduction of heat and glare," he
said.

While the motorist said the illegal tints were "not really
dangerous", he conceded that he took some time to get used to driving
at night after the film was installed.

"The first few days I drove at night... it was quite dangerous. I couldn't really see," he said.

Motorcyclist Eric Kwah, 66, claimed he was nearly knocked down by a
car recently while the two vehicles were turning at the same time. He
blamed the motorist's heavily tinted windows for the near collision,
which happened at night in the Ubi area. He said that when he
confronted the driver, the man admitted he could not see properly
because his car windows were too dark.

It is easy for motorists here to get their windows darkened to
illegal shades at car accessory shops. These shops stock such shades
mainly for use on the sun-roof panels of cars. But if customers ask for
their car windows to be tinted with them, the shops generally do not
turn them away.

At a shop in Sin Ming, a sales representative readily said he
carried "unapproved" tinting even as he gave a warning about the LTA's
requirements.

The shop stocked rolls of film, including one which let through only 5 per cent of light.

"We do both approved and unapproved (film)...Actually we do more
unapproved types here. But if you get caught, it's nothing to do with
us," he said.

The cost of installing the film ranges from $100 to $300. Many of their customers were young adults, he said.

Under the law, those who install and sell illegal tints can be found liable.

A motorist who is caught for having windows tinted too dark has to
remove the film and send the vehicle for inspection. In addition, he
can be fined up to $1,000 or jailed for up to three months.

Those who re-offend can be fined up to $2,000 or jailed for up to six months.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightstar96 14th January 2010, 3:03 pm

zzz pain in wallet, scarla bro so your lobang can do approved ones ah nice!
Nightstar96
Nightstar96

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 14th January 2010, 4:56 pm

hi guys mind pm mi the price and location for the 2nd layer.. thanks
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 14th January 2010, 11:16 pm

aiyo, once if tint too dark, sure wun approve... i think i already mentioned b4, it's at yr own risk...i did all my cars for d past 10yrs, kena caught for around 6 times, in d end, i still tint it darker den d LTA approve 1... i've juz done up my tint juz nw, bro max said it veri dark, i personally find it not lor... will go for another layer after CNY...
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 14th January 2010, 11:20 pm

scalar wrote:aiyo, once if tint too dark, sure wun approve... i think i already mentioned b4, it's at yr own risk...i did all my cars for d past 10yrs, kena caught for around 6 times, in d end, i still tint it darker den d LTA approve 1... i've juz done up my tint juz nw, bro max said it veri dark, i personally find it not lor... will go for another layer after CNY...

yo caught one time summan how much? u mean 6 times and they never haul u to court? Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Icon_eek

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 14th January 2010, 11:22 pm

nw kena should be $140 ba.... caught on different cars ma.... bbut my previous ride 1 mth kena twice, on 1 time they let me off... anyway, nw my tint is like only 30%....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 14th January 2010, 11:24 pm

scalar wrote:nw kena should be $140 ba.... caught on different cars ma.... bbut my previous ride 1 mth kena twice, on 1 time they let me off... anyway, nw my tint is like only 30%....

issit 30% vlt or 30% darkness? got a huge difference lol

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by scalar 14th January 2010, 11:32 pm

bro rickong, we r toking abt extra tinting over here nw, so it abt d darkness... of course it 30% visibility.... meaning to say 70% dark....
scalar
scalar

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 14th January 2010, 11:33 pm

scalar wrote:bro rickong, we r toking abt extra tinting over here nw, so it abt d darkness... of course it 30% visibility.... meaning to say 70% dark....

That means about the same as mine... let's see who gets caught first Extra tinting of the windows.. Anyone int? Icon_pale

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next