Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Fuel Consumption

+81
chiewjy
FeiLeong
IPOH FORTE
zhuzhumao
new_surfer
treysha
liplip
GregSeah
Atlant1s
KURO
muff
zlement
tarepanda_lyh
Elixir99
whyeme
Spiritseye
hsjose
alf6901
BlackSpider
leeking
firmrock
jeRrRKKKK
kwh
jaspek
Fortec
ong
genexis
j1eann1e
samuelj
arkaraka
kia_cerato_forte
jeff2510
lordhawk
simonsoh
mehmehhh
lwlty
weehong
genevievepearly
ericsoon72
sagi73
kqkhlj
boardrider02
patsy
jimixer
Sunviva
kenincf
Kiang
shawnseah82
redeel
cpt_zr
mkkiaforte
jl1500k
longbow
junming
Bed
zleipnir
kenneth
Dummyhalf
VAG
joepele
koayst
KingJerry
JuanST
KnightRider
lukester
dav2011
horus
ckpay
kapitan
melburn
S.C
kevinhwc
stalejive
crazyfox
my_motor
The Blue Cruiser
newsman
aural
FriesL
Potatoes
pessimizt
85 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by my_motor 7th January 2010, 12:04 pm

Bed wrote:
my_motor wrote:
Fortec wrote:
Bed wrote:Wow! You all really use the petrol to the last drop Fuel Consumption - Page 4 332362

Nowadays I will pump petrol when the empty sign comes out. I happen to have my car stalled at IMM taxi stand because my car run out of petrol. Eventually PG C&C got to buy a can of petrol to top up before I can drive to the nearest petrol kiosk to pump to full. But even then, the total petrol pump is still 50.843l only.

It's not a good experience to wait for C&C car tow and mechanics to come and diagnose what happen. I wasted 5 hours stranded at IMM under heavy rain just because run out of petrol. Fuel Consumption - Page 4 316913

LOL, winner.

after you top up petrol, am I right to say your car can move or the mechanics needs to repair you car ?
You can joint AA member to get this service.

After top up, my car can move and I go straight to petrol station. Nowadays services provided by car dealers and insurers are overlapping AA. I seriously don't think it's worthwhile to join them any more.

BTW, it's just after C&C PG repaired my car after last accident. Thought of just go IMM to run some errands before going to petrol station to fill up petrol. But didn't expect fuel run out so fast.

how come total petrol pump only 50.843l which include top up (1 tin is 5L) at IMM ? Was it you stop at 1st click sound ? When I heard the 1st click sound, I can pump another 8L till petrol can be seemed. Wooo. 50.843 + 8 L = 58.843L max tank size !

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th January 2010, 1:39 pm

my_motor wrote:
Bed wrote:
my_motor wrote:
Fortec wrote:
Bed wrote:Wow! You all really use the petrol to the last drop Fuel Consumption - Page 4 332362

Nowadays I will pump petrol when the empty sign comes out. I happen to have my car stalled at IMM taxi stand because my car run out of petrol. Eventually PG C&C got to buy a can of petrol to top up before I can drive to the nearest petrol kiosk to pump to full. But even then, the total petrol pump is still 50.843l only.

It's not a good experience to wait for C&C car tow and mechanics to come and diagnose what happen. I wasted 5 hours stranded at IMM under heavy rain just because run out of petrol. Fuel Consumption - Page 4 316913

LOL, winner.

after you top up petrol, am I right to say your car can move or the mechanics needs to repair you car ?
You can joint AA member to get this service.

After top up, my car can move and I go straight to petrol station. Nowadays services provided by car dealers and insurers are overlapping AA. I seriously don't think it's worthwhile to join them any more.

BTW, it's just after C&C PG repaired my car after last accident. Thought of just go IMM to run some errands before going to petrol station to fill up petrol. But didn't expect fuel run out so fast.

how come total petrol pump only 50.843l which include top up (1 tin is 5L) at IMM ? Was it you stop at 1st click sound ? When I heard the 1st click sound, I can pump another 8L till petrol can be seemed. Wooo. 50.843 + 8 L = 58.843L max tank size !

Wow! Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Icon_eek Can pump so much ah?!

I couldn't bother. I always leave it to the "expert" to fill up for me. I believe they will stop pumping when the petrol nozzle auto cut off bah......

I heard from the radio that pump too much is also bad for the car...... I think the first click and auto cut off is good enough......
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaspek 7th January 2010, 4:41 pm

so far esso petrol still got more power than other brand of petrol...
jaspek
jaspek

Back to top Go down

Post by kwh 9th January 2010, 3:10 pm

My 8500+ milage 1.6SX A has very poor consumption. Usually 9-10km/litre. Haha. But i'm a very heavy footer, always floor accelerator. My rpm can go up to 6000. Oopsies.

Any side effects?

kwh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 10th January 2010, 11:04 am

kwh wrote:My 8500+ milage 1.6SX A has very poor consumption. Usually 9-10km/litre. Haha. But i'm a very heavy footer, always floor accelerator. My rpm can go up to 6000. Oopsies.

Any side effects?

Maybe you can verify whether our ride can up gear when touching redline. Also can let us know any side effects in the long run. Laughing
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 10th January 2010, 11:10 am

noticed that at idling the car consumes around 13L/100km
during driving it can go to as low as 7.9L/100km

if constantly accelerate fast at traffic lights and high rpm gears 1 and 2, consumption will also hit around 13L/100km

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by kwh 11th January 2010, 11:17 pm

The car usually up gear when i release my accelerator slightly, if not it can stay at 6000rpm for >10sec.

kwh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 12th January 2010, 12:35 am

kwh wrote:The car usually up gear when i release my accelerator slightly, if not it can stay at 6000rpm for >10sec.

Hmm... Looks like not according to car manual, will up gear when touching redline. Or is it not yet touch redline?
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 16th January 2010, 10:59 am

now just to update i am just back from 10k servicing, must say they have done a good job (if the meter is telling the real thing) for the 1st time, my driving shows 6.9l/100km during my normal driving. Fuel Consumption - Page 4 332362

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 16th January 2010, 11:03 am

FriesL wrote:now just to update i am just back from 10k servicing, must say they have done a good job (if the meter is telling the real thing) for the 1st time, my driving shows 6.9l/100km during my normal driving. Fuel Consumption - Page 4 332362

where u go for that ??

thanks
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 16th January 2010, 11:12 am

LK, and served by daniel, i observe for another few days and will update cc for his good job it it stays so.. i think. think so he attached some prob reports too.. see if i could update all later too.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 16th January 2010, 11:19 am

FriesL wrote:LK, and served by daniel, i observe for another few days and will update cc for his good job it it stays so.. i think. think so he attached some prob reports too.. see if i could update all later too.

thank u ..cheers
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelj 16th January 2010, 11:24 am

Sigh my fuel consumption is 10.5km/l .. is that bad? 40% urban 60% highway...

samuelj

Back to top Go down

Post by firmrock 16th January 2010, 11:40 am

hmmm... for i'm 1.6(A) SX.. 75% highway and 25% urban. always maintain my speed at 80km/hr. my fc always hit 14km/l. one full tank can travel bout 750km (including reserve).

firmrock

Back to top Go down

Post by firmrock 16th January 2010, 11:42 am

just dont rev.... speed up smoothly... always maintain at cruising speed. dont always brake.. let it roll... switch off your engine if ya know ya're waiting more than 5mins.. and most importantly of all.. your air filter.. must change.

all these can help ya save fuel!

firmrock

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 16th January 2010, 12:13 pm

hi, bro

thanks for sharing, but i use to drive as per your way.. and if ECU program and tuning is not right youll never get that kind of figure. i use to get like 8l, then later donno wat they did, no matter how hard i try could manage only like 10! until yesterday retune..1st time 6.9l/100km cool..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by leeking 17th January 2010, 1:30 pm

FriesL wrote:hi, bro

thanks for sharing, but i use to drive as per your way.. and if ECU program and tuning is not right youll never get that kind of figure. i use to get like 8l, then later donno wat they did, no matter how hard i try could manage only like 10! until yesterday retune..1st time 6.9l/100km cool..

WaH, retune wat? Share lei, haha

leeking

Back to top Go down

Post by firmrock 17th January 2010, 9:04 pm

hmmm.. actually.. if ya go back c&c.. talk bout reset the ecu all these.. is all ****.. ya can just take out your battery for 5mins. the ecu will reset back to factory mode.

firmrock

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSpider 17th January 2010, 11:06 pm

____l/100km... lower or higher better? i always thought lower better but how come my frens all say higher better???

BlackSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by alf6901 17th January 2010, 11:17 pm

BlackSpider wrote:____l/100km... lower or higher better? i always thought lower better but how come my frens all say higher better???

____l/100km lower better
____km/ l higher better
alf6901
alf6901

Back to top Go down

Post by hsjose 19th January 2010, 11:15 pm

BlackSpider wrote:____l/100km... lower or higher better? i always thought lower better but how come my frens all say higher better???

The lower the fuel consumption, the better. In this case, just look at the "l" which means litre of petrol used. Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Icon_wink

Yr friend is not wrong too. The higher it is, it's good as well. Coz it shows they are rich mah... not wrong also lar. Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Icon_razz
hsjose
hsjose

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 19th January 2010, 11:38 pm

bro

did they solve ur kok kok sound @ C&C? My 5k servicing coming soon and want to complain about the noise and also my engine is drinking petrol like a hippo. I was driving to ipoh last wkend around 1k km and never hear the sound until i came to s'pore when i suddenly jam break due to some !@#$%holes suddenly cut into my lane, the sound returns. hehe, our forte can hit 170km/hr with 4 adults and boot full of stuff @ NSH.

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 20th January 2010, 12:35 pm

recently tried esso 8000 compare to esso 5000 and esso 2000 the price is the difference but the mileage is the same .....
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelj 20th January 2010, 3:58 pm

hey ong, I was wondering whats your fc like? Im also using esso 5000. Thanks.

samuelj

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 21st January 2010, 8:26 am

samuelj wrote:hey ong, I was wondering whats your fc like? Im also using esso 5000. Thanks.

hi ...FC

good one abt 6.9/100km...

bad one abt 10.1/100km

usually is abt 9.2/100km

so is very bad .....
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 21st January 2010, 6:33 pm

latest clocked 600k with the fuel empty gauge lit up. The consumption is getting better (Shell 95)

A light footer mostly though.
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by whyeme 22nd January 2010, 12:52 am

my stock 1.6ex auto returned best ever 13.1km/litre and worst 11.7km/litre...but mostly ard 12-12.5km/litre
light footed and 80% highway.

whyeme

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 22nd January 2010, 2:25 am

kqkhlj wrote:

bro

did they solve ur kok kok sound @ C&C? My 5k servicing coming soon and want to complain about the noise and also my engine is drinking petrol like a hippo. I was driving to ipoh last wkend around 1k km and never hear the sound until i came to s'pore when i suddenly jam break due to some !@#$%holes suddenly cut into my lane, the sound returns. hehe, our forte can hit 170km/hr with 4 adults and boot full of stuff @ NSH.

Hi, sorry for late reply,
that krrr should nope, says its a/c compressor's flaps running... nothing can be done, design. haiz.. wat to say...
but for the FC think so they did a good tuning.. car now feel so much better to drive, FC is good too.. i just manage >600km/tank.. (light footer avg at 90km+)
yeah... forte top speed is v.good, cars is stable too..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 22nd January 2010, 2:28 am

firmrock wrote:hmmm.. actually.. if ya go back c&c.. talk bout reset the ecu all these.. is all ****.. ya can just take out your battery for 5mins. the ecu will reset back to factory mode.

bro, factory mode may not necessary be the best lor.. wat i asked for is not to reset but best tuning for FC lor i think.. wat they did i am not exactly sure.. but cars going in and out like 2 different car...

cheers

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 22nd January 2010, 2:32 am

leeking wrote:

WaH, retune wat? Share lei, haha

haaa... iam sharing mah... just tell them you want better FC... now my car hovers back to 7.6~8l/100km.. and >600km/full tank (nozzle stop + 2liters..)

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 22nd January 2010, 1:10 pm

FriesL wrote:
firmrock wrote:hmmm.. actually.. if ya go back c&c.. talk bout reset the ecu all these.. is all ****.. ya can just take out your battery for 5mins. the ecu will reset back to factory mode.

bro, factory mode may not necessary be the best lor.. wat i asked for is not to reset but best tuning for FC lor i think.. wat they did i am not exactly sure.. but cars going in and out like 2 different car...

cheers

ok, i will tell them that i want good FC, er... did you changed to full syn oil already?

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 22nd January 2010, 1:43 pm

yup! full syn.. for 10k next service.. swap tyres too at +20$ ..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 22nd January 2010, 5:29 pm

FriesL wrote:yup! full syn.. for 10k next service.. swap tyres too at +20$ ..

Tyre rotation at $20 is more expensive than outside workshop is charging......
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 22nd January 2010, 5:30 pm

so bro, what is the price for doing tat outside? including of balancing front wheel.. too. la..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 22nd January 2010, 5:42 pm

FriesL wrote:so bro, what is the price for doing tat outside? including of balancing front wheel.. too. la..

Around $10. Tyre shops that you frequent may do it FOC...... But when I go for my 10k servicing with C&C, I will let them do tyre rotation also...... Too lazy to run around...... Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Icon_lol
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 1st February 2010, 12:07 am

Is it true if running mineral oil FC is worst off than Syn???

Mine FC also not ideal, ard 10 - 10.5 L/100KM. Light footer Crying or Very sad
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 1st February 2010, 9:35 am

think quite alot of factors affecting FC:
city/expressway driving
heavy/light footer
amount of idling/waiting time in carparks/roads
type of petrol used
type of "poison" installed in ur car
etc...

I think as long as u r comfortable with ur driving style/hablit and u could afford it, try not to get too particular with best FC...like some of the bros here say: Enjoy ur ride!!

just my two cents worth Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 1st February 2010, 6:32 pm

shell is my choice of fuel for now, FC quite good, i also tried petronas, not so good.

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 1st February 2010, 9:35 pm

Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Dsc00328sn

my best FC so far..
85% highway driving, avg spd 100Km/h.
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 1st February 2010, 9:51 pm

Nice FC, zelement !
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 1st February 2010, 10:03 pm

wow....700KM and low fuel warning lite still not lighted yet... Fuel Consumption - Page 4 332362

think can hit 800km without refueling.... Fuel Consumption - Page 4 141836
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by KURO 1st February 2010, 10:46 pm

As of now my FC is at 7.6 - 8.5 L/100KM. Already pass my 1K and have already booked servicing at 209 PG.
KURO
KURO

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlant1s 1st February 2010, 10:59 pm

Elixir99 wrote:Is it true if running mineral oil FC is worst off than Syn???

Yes. However don't be in a rush to change to fully synthetic just to achieve good FC.
You need to properly "run-in" the engine with mineral oil for a good 5k km at least before changing over to fully syn oil.
Atlant1s
Atlant1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 2nd February 2010, 11:51 am

zlement wrote:Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Dsc00328sn

my best FC so far..
85% highway driving, avg spd 100Km/h.

Wah... very impressive! Fuel Consumption - Page 4 141836 My best I clock so far is only about 480km on a full tank.... based on 90% city driving
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 2nd February 2010, 2:08 pm

Potatoes, your FC is similar to mine.......travelling pattern also same same.
So i guess my FC is considered normal.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 2nd February 2010, 11:30 pm

pessimizt wrote:Potatoes, your FC is similar to mine.......travelling pattern also same same.
So i guess my FC is considered normal.

That's assuring to all who share the same pattern..... 90% City driving. Things will be different once I get on the NS M'sian highway this CNY ... hee hee...
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 3rd February 2010, 12:14 am

think so many forte will be cruising on NSHW this CNY... haaa..
i be one too...heee...
my current avg.. now is at about 8l/100km 75%Highway.. cos now got to send my boy to nearby nanny and usu wait at carpark for 5-10mins.. hiaz..
every drop counts.. i guess... Smile

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 3rd February 2010, 12:42 am

tarepanda_lyh wrote:think quite alot of factors affecting FC:
city/expressway driving
heavy/light footer
amount of idling/waiting time in carparks/roads
type of petrol used
type of "poison" installed in ur car
etc...

I think as long as u r comfortable with ur driving style/hablit and u could afford it, try not to get too particular with best FC...like some of the bros here say: Enjoy ur ride!!

just my two cents worth Fuel Consumption - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Mine 70% city 30% highway. one full tank abt 50L lasted 410km nia.... Crying or Very sad
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 3rd February 2010, 12:43 am

Atlant1s wrote:
Elixir99 wrote:Is it true if running mineral oil FC is worst off than Syn???

Yes. However don't be in a rush to change to fully synthetic just to achieve good FC.
You need to properly "run-in" the engine with mineral oil for a good 5k km at least before changing over to fully syn oil.

Thanks. By the way, shd change to Syn at 5k servicing or 10K any bro experience changing to syn at 5K??

Wadda pertrol u think best. I use Caltex 95
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by GregSeah 5th February 2010, 6:41 pm

Does the different petrol grade affect the FC as well?

My previous tank is on esso 5000 and average is between 11.5 to 11.9l/100km most of the time. Best reading was at 9.9l/100km. Admit I am heavy footer..

Today just in Esso 8000, from AYE Jurong to CTE Jalan Bahagia with 1/3 journey in jam due to accident, the average is 9l/100km. Best is the 1st few km at 6.5l/100km.

GregSeah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next