Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
$0 18" RIMS Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
$0 18" RIMS Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
$0 18" RIMS Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
$0 18" RIMS Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
$0 18" RIMS Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
$0 18" RIMS Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
$0 18" RIMS Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
$0 18" RIMS Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
$0 18" RIMS Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

$0 18" RIMS

+12
JuanST
xenocide
m3r0
The Blue Cruiser
aural
leon76
viper007
eeyore79
epig
impact2001
joepele
alex86
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

$0 18" RIMS Empty $0 18" RIMS

Post by alex86 16th November 2009, 6:32 pm

http://www.rm-teamrims.com/category.php?id_category=22&orderby=price&orderway=asc

Wonder if they will honor their words Smile

I've placed order for 4 rims

alex86

Back to top Go down

$0 18" RIMS Empty Re: $0 18" RIMS

Post by joepele 16th November 2009, 6:42 pm

alex86 wrote:http://www.rm-teamrims.com/category.php?id_category=22&orderby=price&orderway=asc

Do a screen cap, and get as much evidence as you can get.

If they dun honor...

post in stomp and report to the authorities and get them off the internet
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 6:53 pm

Poor guy who maintain that website.. Soon he had to answer for the serious mistake liao.

I remember there was also a similar incidence involving the holiday packages... Come out in the news.. Can't remember the final details who won.. haha
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th November 2009, 6:54 pm

alex86 wrote:http://www.rm-teamrims.com/category.php?id_category=22&orderby=price&orderway=asc

lol.. i also placed an order for 5 pcs (including spare) ^^
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 6:58 pm

I waiting to see u guys post to STOMPs, Singapore major newspaper or even C.A.S.E... haha
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th November 2009, 6:59 pm

impact2001 wrote:I waiting to see u guys post to STOMPs, Singapore major newspaper or even C.A.S.E... haha

join us and order la. who knows maybe they really giving away free rims to create awareness. LOL.
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 7:02 pm

I can say they sure won't acknowledge the deal one.. unless ppl sue them upside down..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 7:03 pm

Lol.. its out of stock liao..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th November 2009, 7:04 pm

impact2001 wrote:Lol.. its out of stock liao..

LOL.. SUPER FAST!
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore79 16th November 2009, 7:04 pm

its out of stock ... who so fast got 2 at first end up zero now after register
eeyore79
eeyore79

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 7:04 pm

some more its one of our advertisers here..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th November 2009, 7:04 pm

impact2001 wrote:I can say they sure won't acknowledge the deal one.. unless ppl sue them upside down..

lol.. my invoice already indicated 'Payment Accepted" meant i paid for the RIMS liao leh.. lol..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 7:06 pm

Now wait to see the BIG NEWS liao.. Anyone want to go the advertiser section to remind that advertiser??? hahaha..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 7:07 pm

i not going to involve in this lo.. haha.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th November 2009, 7:08 pm

impact2001 wrote:Now wait to see the BIG NEWS liao.. Anyone want to go the advertiser section to remind that advertiser??? hahaha..

nah.. i asked them a question sometime back until now still no reply.. tmr just print out the invoice and go to the shop and collect RIMS. $0 18" RIMS Icon_biggrin
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th November 2009, 7:08 pm

Knw what is C.A.S.E hotline or not? just in case u guy need it.. haha
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th November 2009, 7:10 pm

impact2001 wrote:Knw what is C.A.S.E hotline or not? just in case u guy need it.. haha

here u go

Consumer Relations
Department
CASE Consumer Helpline: 6463 1811
(Helpline
Operating Hours:
Mon - Fri: 9am to 5pm, Sat: 9am to 12pm)

Fax: 6467 9055
Option (1) If you wish to seek general queries regarding your complaint, please call our hotline 6463 1811

Option (2) If you wish to lodge a complaint against a company/business, you can do so via our online application. Alternatively, you can visit our office at 170 Ghim Moh Road, #05-01 Ulu Pandan Community Building for a free consultation with our officers between 9am to 4pm, Mondays to Saturdays. Please bring your identification document such as identity card, work permit or passport. Do bring along receipts/agreements or other relevant papers regarding your complaint. We will assess your complaint and if we do file, a small fee will be imposed.

Option (3) If you wish to feedback or share some experience with us, please email to sayit@case.org.sg.
We regret that we will not be replying to the emails.

Last edited by epig on 16th November 2009, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit spacing)
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by viper007 16th November 2009, 7:38 pm

ya best i just go to the site and look look, then i click the add cart for fun after that i close the browser, then i received an email saying my order have been confirm and payment is been paid
viper007
viper007

Back to top Go down

Post by alex86 16th November 2009, 7:40 pm

Wahaha i should have bought the 20 rims initially Smile

alex86

Back to top Go down

Post by alex86 16th November 2009, 7:41 pm

epig wrote:
impact2001 wrote:I can say they sure won't acknowledge the deal one.. unless ppl sue them upside down..

lol.. my invoice already indicated 'Payment Accepted" meant i paid for the RIMS liao leh.. lol..

my invoice also showed that i've paid for it.

Screenshots time!

alex86

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 16th November 2009, 8:50 pm

alex86 wrote:
epig wrote:

my invoice also showed that i've paid for it.

Screenshots time!

bro, just go to ur order history and print. It will have the invoice with all the details.
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 16th November 2009, 10:31 pm

SIGAPO no free lunch one, and report CASE is a joke if u don't believe

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 16th November 2009, 10:50 pm

I remember there was something like that happened befored and end up it was not given to the consumer and internet glitch may not be accepted especially if there is a big difference with the actual amount.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 17th November 2009, 12:43 am

looks like you guys really eaten that poor website manager up. i think he will be asked to pay the exact amount that you guys happily clicked "add to cart". $0 18" RIMS Icon_razz
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by m3r0 17th November 2009, 12:47 am

in case you guys aren't aware...

you can't pursue any legal action if the company refuses to honour the price. there was a previous case involving some mispriced printers and a bunch of people who bought a whole bunch. court ruled that contract for the sale invalid.

not going to go into legal concepts, suffice to say that if the company mispriced it, you won't be able to make them sell it to you. probably just gonna cause the person who entered the wrong price in to be scolded/salary docked/fired

m3r0

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 17th November 2009, 7:53 am

m3r0 wrote:in case you guys aren't aware...

you can't pursue any legal action if the company refuses to honour the price. there was a previous case involving some mispriced printers and a bunch of people who bought a whole bunch. court ruled that contract for the sale invalid.

not going to go into legal concepts, suffice to say that if the company mispriced it, you won't be able to make them sell it to you. probably just gonna cause the person who entered the wrong price in to be scolded/salary docked/fired

yupz that's the case i was talking about. My friend also "bought" the printer but ended up also wont be able to get it. Remembered that was HP i think.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 17th November 2009, 8:26 am

and also the $1 WRX on yahoo auctions...
and also the $0 high end phone (forgot which model) on singtel online shop
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th November 2009, 8:29 am

too good to be true........ anyway i tried to get but i was a click too late.... $0 18" RIMS Icon_eek
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 17th November 2009, 8:59 am

1st post and so must info ah...

You from that company??
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 17th November 2009, 10:13 am

Sigh....see this the problem with spore. Too many restrictions and usually the big players will benefit..... :-(

I remember when I went to aus many years back, if you found an item without a price tag, lets say in a supermarket, you can have it free. But I think you need to make a purchase too. So lets say you see a bottle of wine without a price tag, you just bring it to the cashier, pay for a bar of chocolates, and you get the bottle of wine free too!! :-)

I was there when my friend tried it!! Unfortunately for me, I never found an item like that. Either that or I was busy looking at something else. :-)

UK's exchange policy also damn good. I like. But I also see why this exchange policy cannot work here cos sure kena abuse!! Hahaha!! :-)

So whats the outcome from this rim case?? :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 17th November 2009, 11:15 am

any1 called the company or received any email to collect the RIMs?
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 17th November 2009, 11:23 am

joepele wrote:

You from that company??

haha.. i also suspect.. 1st post to clarify such things...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 17th November 2009, 11:26 am

impact2001 wrote:
joepele wrote:

You from that company??

haha.. i also suspect.. 1st post to clarify such things...

me 3.. lol..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by m3r0 17th November 2009, 11:37 am

joepele wrote:

You from that company??

nope, the case was one of the landmark ones I learnt in uni Very Happy

m3r0

Back to top Go down

Post by alex86 17th November 2009, 12:50 pm

anyone tried already?

alex86

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th November 2009, 12:51 pm

waiting for u to update us....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 17th November 2009, 11:44 pm

i think u guys will win. i rmb there are two similar cases.

case 1

there are a currency rate error for a bank in Taiwan. for that few mins the rate for us dollar to Taiwan money is 1:1. a very fast acting guy faster went to buy 35k of us dollar and and up the bank beg him to cancel the deal. of cause he did and me make big money. lucky guy.

case 2

this happen in Singapore. at sgcarmart a second hand dealer accidentally put this cad for minimum bidding at 1 dollar and ended up really sold away at 1 dollar. the salesman cry till no tears. end up also bo bian coz the customer got black and with.

last but not least, good luck guys! i also wanna buy but too late le! lolz...
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 17th November 2009, 11:47 pm

i mean of coz he didnt and he make big money. sorry for typo error
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by m3r0 18th November 2009, 12:00 am

http://app.supremecourt.gov.sg/default.aspx?pgID=1130

Chwee Kin Keong and Others v Digilandmall.com Pte Ltd [2005] SGCA 2
This case decided that where the buyers had actual knowledge that a company, Digilandmall, had made a mistake in its pricing of some commercial printers on its website, they were not allowed to enforce the contract against Digilandmall. The court found that there was actual knowledge by the buyers of the Digilandmall’s error, and as such, the buyers could not claim that there was consensus between them and Digilandmall. Where the case fell within the common law doctrine of unilateral mistake, there was, in effect, no contract. There would be no room for equity to intervene.

Full case is in the link if you really wanna read it. Appeals dismissed and plaintiffs (the guys who tried to make the company sell the mispriced items to them) had to pay the legal costs that the company incurred.

And no, I'm really not related in anyway to the company in the above case or the company selling the rims. Although I suppose not many people will believe me if they really want to convince themselves that they can get free rims =)

m3r0

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 18th November 2009, 2:24 am

bro m3r0 is likely right. Highly unlike that you guys can get the rims since 1) You guys knew of the wrong pricing and tried to take advantage of it and 2) The invitation to treat is not a legally binding contract.

Of course i might be wrong.. Not a law student. Razz
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 18th November 2009, 10:33 am

Well, Jerry, I think that you are right to say that by the company by putting their price there forms an 'Invitation To Treat'. And that us, as the customers are actually making the offer.

However, there is proper 'consideration' as us the customers did make the offer and serious about the offer because these guys actually placed the offer.

And by right, the acknowledgement slip or reply from the company is sufficient consideration to say that the company has accepted the offer.

Maybe there are different laws governing online sales I do not know of. When I did criminal law, online sales just started gaining popularity. :-)

Also am quite rusty at this. :-) Also, I studied english law. So maybe slightly different here in spore. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th November 2009, 11:20 am

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:Well, Jerry, I think that you are right to say that by the company by putting their price there forms an 'Invitation To Treat'. And that us, as the customers are actually making the offer.

However, there is proper 'consideration' as us the customers did make the offer and serious about the offer because these guys actually placed the offer.

And by right, the acknowledgement slip or reply from the company is sufficient consideration to say that the company has accepted the offer.

Maybe there are different laws governing online sales I do not know of. When I did criminal law, online sales just started gaining popularity. :-)

Also am quite rusty at this. :-) Also, I studied english law. So maybe slightly different here in spore. :-)

lawyer so more..... $0 18" RIMS Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 18th November 2009, 11:21 am

haha.. the company still no reply????
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 18th November 2009, 11:29 am

I not lawyer lah. But I did take law for Alevels and I had to do quite a few semesters of law for my degree. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th November 2009, 11:34 am

now degreed lawyer some more...... lol
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 18th November 2009, 11:39 am

Hahaha!! Not lawyer lah!! Please!! I wish I was!! Then I will be earning a lot more than I am now!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th November 2009, 11:50 am

back to topic.... any updates on the rims?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 18th November 2009, 11:53 am

http://asia.cnet.com/blogs/the-neon-rush/post.htm?id=63012031

a case in Taiwan involving this major company manufacturer

they are forced to honour it as the government suspect them for trying to use it as a way to create publicity among the internet consumers.

created lots of mess but too bad for dell and company who wanna do alike....

too bad i was busy to check this thread...

grrrrrrrrrrrrr............
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 18th November 2009, 5:47 pm

I think those that got the confirmation slip should call the company to confirm.. No point trying too hard (hire lawyer etc).. Maybe just stomp it? Razz
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 24th November 2009, 12:58 pm

anything?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content