Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider?

+18
jenny
Corgel
joA
SoBeR
greatgazoo
Mac
rickong
BlackHorse
The Blue Cruiser
edea_12
psionix
liplip
unlimitedz
whitechoco
redkoup
omg2doors
NiVleK
jeRrRKKKK
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty Re: why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider?

Post by greatgazoo 25th October 2009, 10:52 pm

I duno why or maybe his is an auto.

Anyway Koup can definitely take 92ron cos it's has got the same engine as Forte.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Empty Re: why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider?

Post by psionix 25th October 2009, 10:55 pm

Hahaha... looking at its compression ratio then yes.

Looking from kiasu SGeans, then no. Most people here tend to like to go "one-up".

http://www.oneshift.com/pdb/cd.php?pid=2407

psionix

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 10:55 pm

Good. Then I pump 92 liaos. No point in higher octane fuel.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 25th October 2009, 11:15 pm

y do u guys prefer to pump 92 instead of 95? not worried that ur engine will start to 'knock' faster? oso I've experienced higher octane fuels give u a better driving experience (with higher price of cuz..)
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 11:19 pm

I tried 92, 95, 98, V power... all no significant difference to me...
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 25th October 2009, 11:23 pm

joA wrote:y do u guys prefer to pump 92 instead of 95? not worried that ur engine will start to 'knock' faster? oso I've experienced higher octane fuels give u a better driving experience (with higher price of cuz..)

knocking? it wont happen if your car is a normal stock sedan...unless you modify the air fuel ratio..in fact most 'normal' cars can take 91 ron...

unless u tell me ur car is modified, there will be no such thing as 'knocking' if its within specs.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 25th October 2009, 11:27 pm

greatgazoo wrote:I duno why or maybe his is an auto.

Anyway Koup can definitely take 92ron cos it's has got the same engine as Forte.

not really an accurate gauge .. how do u noe if he's even flooring the accelerator.. he might not be as brave as you to wack cos he might be afraid of TP or something..

yours is a 2 liter? SSS are light and on paper 8.9 century sprint..if modded, give it 8.3 seconds? no offence, but forte has no chance head on.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 25th October 2009, 11:35 pm

NiVleK wrote:I tried 92, 95, 98, V power... all no significant difference to me...

really? the 1st time i tried V-power, i dunno why or how it happen, when i turned on the engine after pumping the sound is like really 'full' and different when using 95. anybody else to share their experiences?
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 11:37 pm

Ok. V power I think there is a little little bit of difference in power...but that could be psychological to me.

Other than those, I have been trying 92, 95 and 98 and it doesnt make much of any difference.

So if the car can take 92RON, I will probably let it drink 92 or max 95. No point in going 98.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 25th October 2009, 11:40 pm

omg2doors wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:I duno why or maybe his is an auto.

not really an accurate gauge .. how do u noe if he's even flooring the accelerator.. he might not be as brave as you to wack cos he might be afraid of TP or something..

yours is a 2 liter? SSS are light and on paper 8.9 century sprint..if modded, give it 8.3 seconds? no offence, but forte has no chance head on.

i agree wif omg2doors, u realli dunno how hard the driver is pushing the car. so no point la.. and (no offence) by chasing him, u become "one-of-his-kind". there's no way to teach these ppl a lesson, only they can teach themselves by either crashing their car or learn from others' mistake. i would rather 'siam' them than risk my own life.
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 25th October 2009, 11:42 pm

NiVleK wrote:Ok. V power I think there is a little little bit of difference in power...but that could be psychological to me.

Other than those, I have been trying 92, 95 and 98 and it doesnt make much of any difference.

So if the car can take 92RON, I will probably let it drink 92 or max 95. No point in going 98.

i heard the price difference btwn 92 & 95 onli a little bit.. if that's the case y not go for better fuel? and some say better fuel gives u more mileage.
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 25th October 2009, 11:53 pm

Yeah. The price different is extremely small. For me, I think will depend on mood la. Hahaha. But so far, I been pumping 92. (Also prob cos I know I am changing car soon)
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 12:02 am

after tuning my current vios, i can only pump ron 95 and above.. haha any lower will cause knocking.. $$$
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 26th October 2009, 1:09 am

sometimes, i would smoke a few "seemingly fast" cars to stamp that "don't look down on cheap cars" label on their faces. man, just pissed with that facial expression when staring at me.

i smoked a honda odessey before on my old car (also a korean ride) and i can tell you that paper century timing is not accurate, really. my 1.5L can crush his 2.4L leh.

1. weight of the car - got passengers or not? full tank? shopping bags?
2. stress on the engine - air-con on? power-hunger ICE unit? too many V.S? temperature too warm?
3. transmission - auto or manual? also the gear-shifting speed
4. terrain - upslope or downslope?
5. tyres - low rolling resistance or high-performance?

all these can affect the century timing. so it's really not accurate. someone on youtube posted forte's timing to be around 9.x sec where it is supposed to be 12 sec. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 9:03 am

The White Cruiser wrote:sometimes, i would smoke a few "seemingly fast" cars to stamp that "don't look down on cheap cars" label on their faces. man, just pissed with that facial expression when staring at me.

i smoked a honda odessey before on my old car (also a korean ride) and i can tell you that paper century timing is not accurate, really. my 1.5L can crush his 2.4L leh.

1. weight of the car - got passengers or not? full tank? shopping bags?
2. stress on the engine - air-con on? power-hunger ICE unit? too many V.S? temperature too warm?
3. transmission - auto or manual? also the gear-shifting speed
4. terrain - upslope or downslope?
5. tyres - low rolling resistance or high-performance?

all these can affect the century timing. so it's really not accurate. someone on youtube posted forte's timing to be around 9.x sec where it is supposed to be 12 sec. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

on the street century sprint timing plays a minor role...most importantly is HOW the driver drives it..

And of course when we talk about century timing, its stock to stock. Take you 1.5 put side by side with the odyssey and do a official drag. Ok to be fair, let's pump the same petrol and change same engine oil. Let's see who will smoke who..this time make sure the odyssey driver is flooring his accelerator as well.

You didnt' mention which speeds were you 'crushing' the odyssey, road conditions and whether he was alone in his car or what. 0 to 50? 50 to 70? century sprint? Odyssey driver giving up 'wacking' the car doesn't mean your 1.5 is faster.

and if you're telling me all this happen on the highway, then you can be more sure that he wasn't even trying.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 26th October 2009, 11:21 am

omg2doors wrote:
on the street century sprint timing plays a minor role...most importantly is HOW the driver drives it..

And of course when we talk about century timing, its stock to stock. Take you 1.5 put side by side with the odyssey and do a official drag. Ok to be fair, let's pump the same petrol and change same engine oil. Let's see who will smoke who..this time make sure the odyssey driver is flooring his accelerator as well.

You didnt' mention which speeds were you 'crushing' the odyssey, road conditions and whether he was alone in his car or what. 0 to 50? 50 to 70? century sprint? Odyssey driver giving up 'wacking' the car doesn't mean your 1.5 is faster.

and if you're telling me all this happen on the highway, then you can be more sure that he wasn't even trying.

you sound so enthusiastic, are you a racer before? why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_lol

we both are automatics. and dragged until 60km/h, which i kicked him away. don't forget i am lighter than his MPV and so i gained an upper hand on low speeds. mine is already modified at that time, so.... needless to say. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgel 26th October 2009, 2:33 pm

I think this answers the questions all of u have:

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Graph1__Medium_

The main article is here: http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/October_2008_Fuel_Test_Report.shtml

Incidentally, higher octane fuel gives better mileage... Though this probably varies amongst cars...
Corgel
Corgel

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 2:48 pm

Wah. Steady. You did your homework. Hehe
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 26th October 2009, 3:32 pm

The power gains from premium fuel is car dependent. The dyno chart above was tested using the VXR, a turbocharged model. Turbo cars do respond to premium fuels. I can attest to that. For the koup or forte, the power gains from the "family-tune" NA engine would be nil or negligible. A 92RON will do, no point wasting $$ on 95RON as it'll do nothing extra. But if u prefer a little better cleaning power, Caltex's Techron would help or VPower for better burning efficiency. It's not so much that u gain outright extra power from these premium fuels but rather, a clean burning engine works a little more efficiently. In turn, a more efficient engine will prob help it better achieve the power it was originally designed to achieve to start with, i.e less power robbing.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny 26th October 2009, 3:34 pm

Mazda Rx8 is the second choice.
Solid power and design.

Go for foup due to the large back seat and exterior design.
jenny
jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 4:20 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:
omg2doors wrote:

you sound so enthusiastic, are you a racer before? why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_lol

we both are automatics. and dragged until 60km/h, which i kicked him away. don't forget i am lighter than his MPV and so i gained an upper hand on low speeds. mine is already modified at that time, so.... needless to say. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

lol i zhnged till within the legal imits of NA...that's all..i mean excluding forging the internals and upping the compression la..yes car light means decent power to weight ratio.. 0. to maybe 70kph the pick up can match with higher cc but heavier cars..

however at the end of the day, capacity still rules when speed are high..example 100kph and above..in a 1.5, car will be 'breathless' at those speeds but a higher cap car will keep going and going..just compare the cruising RPM of both cars at same speed and you can see the diff..

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 4:21 pm

jenny wrote:Mazda Rx8 is the second choice.
Solid power and design.

I also considered a used RX8 but I realise I cannot manage the fuel consumption of the rotary.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 26th October 2009, 4:22 pm

Solid power and design.

actually if i were you and i have a 1st hand integra, i wouldn't even consider the koup...
personally i feel integra looks so much better and i would have went for the integra if it were still in production
the integra has a great outlook plus performance... koup only got good outlook but comparing both, i think the integra has a more fierce look

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 26th October 2009, 4:22 pm

omg2doors wrote:
Solid power and design.

I also considered a used RX8 but I realise I cannot manage the fuel consumption of the rotary.

rx8 is 2x the price of the koup leh...

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 26th October 2009, 4:25 pm

omg2doors wrote:
The White Cruiser wrote:
omg2doors wrote:

lol i zhnged till within the legal imits of NA...that's all..i mean excluding forging the internals and upping the compression la..yes car light means decent power to weight ratio.. 0. to maybe 70kph the pick up can match with higher cc but heavier cars..

however at the end of the day, capacity still rules when speed are high..example 100kph and above..in a 1.5, car will be 'breathless' at those speeds but a higher cap car will keep going and going..just compare the cruising RPM of both cars at same speed and you can see the diff..

why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

by the time you hit 70km/h already next traffic light la...
so no need anything higher... lol

anyway i read from the forte forums that the forte can hit 140++
so no issues with acceleration and top speed... whats the fuzz about then? haha

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 4:25 pm

ya lor was looking at used Rx8..but was afraid of the rotary..2nd hand somemore so maintenance might be sky high..

also considered integra but family found it too beng and the rear was cramped..the interior is too dull compared to koup..
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 4:28 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:
omg2doors wrote:
The White Cruiser wrote:
omg2doors wrote:

by the time you hit 70km/h already next traffic light la...
so no need anything higher... lol

anyway i read from the forte forums that the forte can hit 140++
so no issues with acceleration and top speed... whats the fuzz about then? haha

lol bro... a decent 1.5 car can hit speeds in excess of 130kph.. not to mention 140??

the question is how fast you take to reach those speeds..i'm not saying the car can't reach...but it'll take a MUCH longer time hitting the speed compared to those higher capacity cars..
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 26th October 2009, 4:37 pm

honestly, i nvr test drove the koup b4 i signed to buy it...
i got my license on tuesday, bought the koup on sunday... they already don't allow p plate holders to drive i'm worst... still holding paper license... haha

maybe when after i get my car i'll go give it a try... but this far i've never drove faster than 75km/h before... haha

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 4:46 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:honestly, i nvr test drove the koup b4 i signed to buy it...
i got my license on tuesday, bought the koup on sunday... they already don't allow p plate holders to drive i'm worst... still holding paper license... haha

maybe when after i get my car i'll go give it a try... but this far i've never drove faster than 75km/h before... haha

wa bro..how old are u..?

don't try on SG roads la ..dangerous..
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny 26th October 2009, 6:13 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:
Solid power and design.

actually if i were you and i have a 1st hand integra, i wouldn't even consider the koup...
personally i feel integra looks so much better and i would have went for the integra if it were still in production
the integra has a great outlook plus performance... koup only got good outlook but comparing both, i think the integra has a more fierce look

been driving integra for four years. No doubt on it's performance. But perfer koup due to its design... Ever consider civic type R...but a bit ex.. Giving up my integra to my gf for 2.0 koup.
jenny
jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 6:18 pm

Integra was also on my list but the cramped space behind is not what I want.

KOUP as we all said has the looks and space but lacks the performance, but come on for a 60K car, what did you expect?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Seth1 26th October 2009, 6:40 pm

In Singapore, you got such a powerful car, whats the use? wack hard, 5 mins early, drive slow, 5 mins late. I think that it all boils down to the practicality of the vehicle most importantly and what would be it's usage.

If you want speed, there's no difference between my forte and a koup. Same engine.. But the koup turns more heads then my forte. b*tches..

damn angry.. but i need the practicality of a 4 door so i guess there's nothing much to complain about..
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 7:15 pm

Yeah. 4 door is important if you need to constantly ferry ppl around.

For me, over the years, there is just those couple of times that I used for rear seats. So I figured 2 door will be enough with the capability of sitting more if required.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 7:33 pm

haha my vios although got 4 door but rarely sit rear passenger...car also lower until will buah everywhere so never really pick up passenger also. hehe
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 7:41 pm

I not going to lower anymore liaos.... COMPLETELY GAVE UP having to pick carparks due to slopes......
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 7:44 pm

wa what's ur current ride?

must be a chiongster like me right.. haha..suppose you are quite sick of modding also?

ehhh must keep encouraging me to stay stock leh..i always tio poison.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th October 2009, 8:53 pm

omg2doors wrote:wa what's ur current ride?

must be a chiongster like me right.. haha..suppose you are quite sick of modding also?

u sure u always tio poison, so many reasons here and there. Hiazzz...
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dav12tan 26th October 2009, 9:03 pm

Buy 2 doors so that have excuse not to ferry ppl.....
dav12tan
dav12tan

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 9:18 pm

Honda Fit. Smile

Sick liaos. I also trying to stay as stock as possible.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 9:19 pm

dav12tan wrote:Buy 2 doors so that have excuse not to ferry ppl.....

Hahaha. Still can le...behind so big....
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by Liang83 26th October 2009, 9:22 pm

hey guys...new in forum here..*virgin post* :>

Anyway was intending to get integra until I went down to ubi to take a look at the KOUP last sat. I must confess I was really impressed with the finishing of the car despite the price tag. The rear seat and the boot were very spacious...definately a plus point for me.

Especially like the lime green one...probably will get tt colour! :> Since I am young now...must drive flashy colour car (since i cant afford a flashy car yet), old liao...drive lime green car..pple will just laugh!

Liang83

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 9:23 pm

Finally one person here that will get the lime green color....hehehe...

Now left with Spicy Red.....
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 26th October 2009, 9:27 pm

wow.. got lime green! why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_smile
welcome to the club, liang83!
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Liang83 26th October 2009, 9:30 pm

yeah man! but probably will get it next yr when the COE drops..cos when I asked the SE, he told me the delivery date is feb/mar period...might as well book when the time comes since I dun urgently need a new car!

Liang83

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th October 2009, 9:30 pm

Liang83 wrote:hey guys...new in forum here..*virgin post* :>

Anyway was intending to get integra until I went down to ubi to take a look at the KOUP last sat. I must confess I was really impressed with the finishing of the car despite the price tag. The rear seat and the boot were very spacious...definately a plus point for me.

Especially like the lime green one...probably will get tt colour! :> Since I am young now...must drive flashy colour car (since i cant afford a flashy car yet), old liao...drive lime green car..pple will just laugh!

Swee lah bro, u got the right choice and you got the right colour. You are the spot light now.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 9:32 pm

Liang83 wrote:yeah man! but probably will get it next yr when the COE drops..cos when I asked the SE, he told me the delivery date is feb/mar period...might as well book when the time comes since I dun urgently need a new car!

I was thinking that also...but after visiting the showroom...I could not resist the urge...and just booked my car....even though it is coming FEB 2010.

But its ok. At least I got a good COE value now Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 26th October 2009, 9:36 pm

Liang83 wrote:yeah man! but probably will get it next yr when the COE drops..cos when I asked the SE, he told me the delivery date is feb/mar period...might as well book when the time comes since I dun urgently need a new car!

oh.. thought u ordered liao. hehe.. if u book later then the car will come even later than that.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 26th October 2009, 9:37 pm

greatgazoo wrote:

oh cmon..tio poison doesn't mean will install blindly..at least i will do my research first. better than people who dont' understand what they are modding and only believe what they hear.

modding is expensive..i am poor but still want to mod..so have to research lor.. bo pian. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_sad
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by Liang83 26th October 2009, 9:47 pm

whitechoco wrote:

oh.. thought u ordered liao. hehe.. if u book later then the car will come even later than that.

nvm...i think by tt time...the body kit should be ready!! why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Liang83

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th October 2009, 9:52 pm

omg2doors wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:

oh cmon..tio poison doesn't mean will install blindly..at least i will do my research first. better than people who dont' understand what they are modding and only believe what they hear.

modding is expensive..i am poor but still want to mod..so have to research lor.. bo pian. why did you buy the koup and what other models did you consider? - Page 2 Icon_sad

Please dun say them until like that, no one will install something blindly, everybody will always consider and wait for feedback before they install anything.

If someone is to blame, blame those that gives feedbacks and comments like ......

Last edited by greatgazoo on 26th October 2009, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next