Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

+28
mighty meow
Fransge
shin365
greatgazoo
duncton
ctoh
powerteo
Divine
kqkhlj
chamot16
SA
jackohy
lukester
kysoong
kapitan
SpicyRed
nocash
aquariss
andikong
sc
FriesL
froakies
Clement
karabi
Eviltrap
pessimizt
zacky7514
Realm
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

Post by andikong 26th August 2009, 1:19 am

chamot16 wrote:
FriesL wrote:so.. all the sifu here.. is this MU confirmed?
btw.. what is MU? grin

Hehe... I'm a trainee too.
MU = Meet up. There's a thread on the 5th MU. Do check it out too.
This Sat is just for the DIY air-con insulation. thumbsup

Right this Sat is a mini DIY MU and is confirmed 8 bros have registered their names.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

Post by Divine 26th August 2009, 1:21 am

uncle andy i think i can come to kay po hehe wat time and where ah?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 26th August 2009, 1:36 am

Divine wrote:uncle andy i think i can come to kay po hehe wat time and where ah?

The pics and the location, time is in this earlier thread above, See You!
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 26th August 2009, 1:44 am

Aiyo... Who so zhun I got company event this sat afernoon starting 1pm.

Realm bro, Can I reserve the materials till the 5th MU then DIY? More ppl can split more cost Smile

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by froakies 26th August 2009, 3:49 pm

Going to KL on the same day. Won't be able to make it. If possible, pls reserve the materials, else you can give to others. Sorry.
froakies
froakies

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 26th August 2009, 7:47 pm

andikong wrote:
Realm wrote:yep sc, it makes the air con somewhat cooler than before:)
think i gonna go down ubi and get the stuffs on fri

OK bro Realm, you will be getting the materials this friday and the DIY will be on 29 Sat @2pm to 5pm.
Everybody agree! Very Happy Car Park next to the former Oasis Restaurant and very near to the Kallang river.

Where is this place ah?

Not familiar with this area... No
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 26th August 2009, 9:36 pm

yaya.. thanks for all explanation... so
any map>? heee.. kallang carpark could be quite big too ya.. grin

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 26th August 2009, 9:42 pm

powerteo u put ur name in the list then i reserve for u? coz i will cap it at 10pax for now:)..

haha the carpark i also not sure.. im road idiot so must wait for uncle andikong to show some guidance haha.
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 26th August 2009, 9:53 pm

Realm wrote:powerteo u put ur name in the list then i reserve for u? coz i will cap it at 10pax for now:)..

haha the carpark i also not sure.. im road idiot so must wait for uncle andikong to show some guidance haha.

Can also compile a list of the recommended things to bring? Eg. drinks, chairs, table, food, women, booze, etc. lol!

On a serious note, dunno what to expect, so hope someone can come up with a list. thumbsup
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 26th August 2009, 10:00 pm

haha singaporean are kiasu so just bring anything or everything that u think will come into handy on that day. just a small MU on tt day haha..
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 26th August 2009, 10:44 pm

Can also compile a list of the recommended things to bring? Eg. drinks, chairs, table, food, women, booze, etc.

On a serious note, dunno what to expect, so hope someone can come up with a list. thumbsup

things 2 bring:
spanner to open the casing
scissor/cutter to cut the materials
ice cream stick to apply the glue
small container to hold the glue
drinks to quench your thrist
stool to sit down and rest
umbrella if it rains
a smile on your face
& don't leave your patience at home
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement 26th August 2009, 10:48 pm

Thank you all in advance. I look forward to meeting and learning from all of you this sat at kallang. cheers.
Clement
Clement

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 26th August 2009, 10:52 pm

SA wrote:Collected my car today. Will joint for the DIY this saturday.

No. Nick (Name)
1. Realm
2. zacky7514
3. Eviltrap
4. froakies
5. clement
6. FriesL
7. Jackohy
8. sa
9. Powerteo (tenative not coming, but pls reserve the materials for me:)

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 26th August 2009, 10:53 pm

and,
if you dun have the right spanner, the long-nose plier is equally useful too.
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 26th August 2009, 11:26 pm

Realm wrote:powerteo u put ur name in the list then i reserve for u? coz i will cap it at 10pax for now:)..

Here's the map of the location. the car park next to the old Oasis Restaurant very close to the Kallang
River water shore line ( more like a sandy beach ) You can see the Singapore Flyer and the future IR over the water skyline from the car park, and the Indoor stadium behind you. Refer to my previous posted pics above, you can come by the Stadium Road from Nicoll Highway or the Stadium Boulevard from MacDonald and KFC.

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Car_pa10
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 27th August 2009, 12:22 am

thanks uncle andikong.. i think i will had to slowly find my way there lol.. my sense of direction is really bad lol..
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 27th August 2009, 12:29 am

Last slot before i gonna finalize the name on fri haha.. don worry powerteo i will keep it properly for u haha.. just need pay some interest fees lol
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 27th August 2009, 9:05 am

Add-on from ctoh's:

things 2 bring:
1) spanner to open the casing (should be in the boot with the spare tyres)
2) scissor/cutter to cut the materials
3) ice cream stick to apply the glue (i have a lot of ice cream stick and cable tie left so dont need to buy)
4) small container to hold the glue
5) drinks to quench your thrist (1.5l mineral water should be sufficient)
6) stool to sit down and rest
7) umbrella if it rains (if it rains, have to plan for wet weather program)
8) a smile on your face Razz
9) don't leave your patience at home grin
10) bring towel if you tend to sweat alot
11) bring extra clothes if you are going somewhere directly because you will definitely sweat (and smell) No

* Dont wear jeans or long sleeve as it is open area and sunny (hopefully). Try to dress in shorts (or berms) and tees (or singlets).

Anyone have any other things to add-on ? alien
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 27th August 2009, 9:15 am

pessimizt wrote:Add-on from ctoh's:

Anyone have any other things to add-on ? alien

Yeah, pray hard for the weather to be very kind to us DIYers. Hehe. 8)
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 27th August 2009, 9:44 am

ctoh wrote:

Can also compile a list of the recommended things to bring? Eg. drinks, chairs, table, food, women, booze, etc.

things 2 bring:
spanner to open the casing
scissor/cutter to cut the materials
ice cream stick to apply the glue
small container to hold the glue
drinks to quench your thrist
stool to sit down and rest
umbrella if it rains
a smile on your face
& don't leave your patience at home

just add the spanner size is size 10
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 27th August 2009, 10:02 am

emmm spanner can get from spare tire compartment.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 27th August 2009, 11:28 am

lukester wrote:emmm spanner can get from spare tire compartment.

No spanner in the spare tire compartment. Don't forget to bring along a piece of cotton material cloth for drying the air-con pipe prior to the installation. I will post some photos of the car park later in the afternoon.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 27th August 2009, 11:54 am

Hello andi, have ahhh....my spanner was found together in the spare tyre compartment.

But anyway, to those who are doing the insulation, kindly double check the spare tyre compartment if yours have the spanner or not. If dont have, can share share the spanner too. Very Happy
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 27th August 2009, 2:14 pm

andikong wrote:
lukester wrote:emmm spanner can get from spare tire compartment.

No spanner in the spare tire compartment. Don't forget to bring along a piece of cotton material cloth for drying the air-con pipe prior to the installation. I will post some photos of the car park later in the afternoon.

drive there without a/c? lolx hehe
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 27th August 2009, 2:24 pm

ya ya, dont on a/c when driving there on that day.....
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 27th August 2009, 3:04 pm

No. Nick (Name)
1. Realm
2. zacky7514
3. Eviltrap
4. froakies
5. clement
6. FriesL
7. Jackohy
8. sa
9. Powerteo (tenative not coming, but pls reserve the materials for me:)
10. Eviltrap's Friend driving a Rio
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 27th August 2009, 9:19 pm

Weather very nice and cool today, went to the DIY location took some pics for all bros to follow to the Car Park D at the Stadium Road.

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Car_pa11
What a beautiful place to do your DIY job, hope no rain on that day cheers sunny

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) - Page 2 Kallan10
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 27th August 2009, 10:12 pm

haha wow place indeed.. is there any chair for ppl to sit? lol can see sun rise?
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 27th August 2009, 10:26 pm

anyone noe what time the shop open?
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 27th August 2009, 10:34 pm

Realm wrote:anyone noe what time the shop open?

Are you getting the materials, opens as usual 9am to 5 or 6pm. Its Sunset and not sunrise Very Happy
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 27th August 2009, 11:21 pm

oh to 5 or 6pm ah? tot i heard it closes at 3? ya lor needa get the materials..
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th August 2009, 12:07 am

Can I drop by Very Happy
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 28th August 2009, 12:14 am

sure why not haha
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th August 2009, 12:16 am

greatgazoo wrote:Can I drop by Very Happy

Sure! all bros would like to see more of your poison.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 28th August 2009, 9:18 am

thanks andi ! so its car park D huh.
ok noted.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by shin365 28th August 2009, 9:35 am

so when is the date to meetup ??

shin365

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 28th August 2009, 9:50 am

andikong wrote:
Realm wrote:yep sc, it makes the air con somewhat cooler than before:)
think i gonna go down ubi and get the stuffs on fri

OK bro Realm, you will be getting the materials this friday and the DIY will be on 29 Sat @2pm to 5pm.
Everybody agree! Very Happy Car Park next to the former Oasis Restaurant and very near to the Kallang river.

Its tomorrow.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 28th August 2009, 10:04 am

wahaha, i will do it myself tonite at my carpark, with the materials bought from pessimizt bro, if can finish i will drive down U show off a bit thumbsup
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 28th August 2009, 10:08 am

Guys, try not to be late. The DIY takes at least 2 hours.
As there is Mayday concert going on, the carpark is expected to be flooded prior to the concert.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th August 2009, 11:41 am

wah.. thanks to all sifu... for all the nice help here...
just collected car ystr.. now the ac really not v.cool wor... hiaz... at 22 still like hmmm... unless turn to 21 and below..

looking forward..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 28th August 2009, 10:00 pm

Realm bro, managed to get all the stuffs for tomorrow ?

To chamot16 bro, do remember to bring a small empty container to store the adhesive glue.

See you all at around 2pm ! thumbsup
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement 28th August 2009, 10:28 pm

Dear Realm, thank you for the help to get the stuff, and to all the Bros, see you tomorrow at 2pm. cheers. Very Happy
Clement
Clement

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 29th August 2009, 12:35 am

sry guys ... hmm is there any more slot for the air con DYI??
cos i thinking of doing mine as well but dun knw how to do it.. so might need u guys expert to help alittle...
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 29th August 2009, 12:37 am

pessimizt wrote:Realm bro, managed to get all the stuffs for tomorrow ?

To chamot16 bro, do remember to bring a small empty container to store the adhesive glue.

See you all at around 2pm ! thumbsup

Roger. Thanks for reminding! thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 29th August 2009, 1:25 am

yep i went down to get the things specially today:) just lack of the container for the glue and cable ties haha..

mighty meow i think i do not have enough materials for u.. maybe u can create a thread for the upcoming meetup for DIY?
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 29th August 2009, 1:38 am

Realm wrote:yep i went down to get the things specially today:) just lack of the container for the glue and cable ties haha..

mighty meow i think i do not have enough materials for u.. maybe u can create a thread for the upcoming meetup for DIY?

Cable ties a must, black colour small size will do, about 20cm long x 0.4cm wide. Can get from the $1 shop or hardware shop,
container can use those small Vitagen yoghurt drinks small plastic container.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 29th August 2009, 1:40 am

i think pessimizt bro is bringing the cable ties as he said he kept alot to use it for some stunts Mad lol as for the bottle my hse no vitagen lol
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 29th August 2009, 2:38 am

hi all,
just to clarify for the fix.. do we need to get the materials ourselves?

sorry for the last minutes thing... Razz

Last edited by FriesL on 29th August 2009, 2:43 am; edited 2 times in total

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 29th August 2009, 2:39 am

haha no worries friesL bro, ive got the materials. u wanna get the bottle to put the glue for me?
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 29th August 2009, 2:42 am

can.. will dig some pet bottle.. cut half can?
will bring my daughter along.. kind of new donno anyone yet.. haaaa.. so see you all tomorrow..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next