Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

+28
mighty meow
Fransge
shin365
greatgazoo
duncton
ctoh
powerteo
Divine
kqkhlj
chamot16
SA
jackohy
lukester
kysoong
kapitan
SpicyRed
nocash
aquariss
andikong
sc
FriesL
froakies
Clement
karabi
Eviltrap
pessimizt
zacky7514
Realm
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty [DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

Post by Realm 23rd August 2009, 4:56 am

Hello all, i am planning to have a MU for people who haven done their air-con insulation.

Place: somewhere near pessimizt staying as we need his guidance
Date:28/29/30 of AUG
Time: late noon

Where to buy:
NE Refrigeration
35 Ubi Crescent
S(408585)

For 10 riders:
7 pcs 3/4" 2m rubber insulator ($2 per unit),
one can of adhesive glue ($7 per tin),
two rolls of rubber adhesive tape ($7 per roll in box) and if possible a pack of cable ties, thin and black type.
Bring own pliers for taking out one of the nuts, scissors, cutter knives and
one tiny plastic bottle to contain the adhesive glue.

The above items can cater for 10 rides. So kindly list down your nick & name. I will get more if more people want to do. Surprised

No. Nick (Name)
1. Realm

Updated list
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty Re: [DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

Post by zacky7514 23rd August 2009, 12:58 pm

No. Nick (Name)
1. Realm
2. zacky7514 count me in but havent collect car -end of this month

zacky7514

Back to top Go down

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Empty Re: [DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed)

Post by pessimizt 23rd August 2009, 1:25 pm

Wah....bro realm...no need to be near my place lah. 28, 29, 30 is coming weekend ah.......think should be ok bah.

Can be somewhere more central also. But better if got more expert bros can come along or drop by too.....just in case i teach wrongly or have better ideas or methods to contribute. thumbsup
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 23rd August 2009, 4:17 pm

No. Nick (Name)
1. Realm
2. zacky7514
3. Eviltrap

If don't want to meet near Pessimizt place, then I don't mind letting you all meet near my place. lol!

Hard to park for weekends though. Razz
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 23rd August 2009, 4:53 pm

muahahaha dono ma first time start thread haha..
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 23rd August 2009, 4:54 pm

where ur place eviltrap? i think we wait till got more ppl wanna get their insulate then we cfm the date and place:) now we gather ppl first haha.. cheers.
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 23rd August 2009, 8:52 pm

I still have to wait till end sept b4 i get my car. Maybe can take pics then make a step-by-step guide?

Or am I asking too much? dogeyes
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement 23rd August 2009, 9:35 pm

Hello to all. I am Clement, new "kid" on the block. I would like to buy the aircon insulation gears as well. Pls count me in. Thanks.
Clement
Clement

Back to top Go down

Post by froakies 23rd August 2009, 10:19 pm

Eviltrap wrote:No. Nick (Name)
1. Realm
2. zacky7514
3. Eviltrap
4. froakies

If don't want to meet near Pessimizt place, then I don't mind letting you all meet near my place. lol!

Hard to park for weekends though. Razz
froakies
froakies

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement 23rd August 2009, 10:34 pm

No. Nick (Name)
1. Realm
2. zacky7514
3. Eviltrap
4. froakies
5. clement
Clement
Clement

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 23rd August 2009, 11:32 pm

No. Nick (Name)
1. Realm
2. zacky7514
3. Eviltrap
4. froakies
5. clement
6. FriesL

if got the my car delivered...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by sc 24th August 2009, 12:35 am

hi newbie here. jus asking with the insulation done. wat does it actually help in the air-con? cooler?

sc

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 24th August 2009, 1:15 am

yep sc, it makes the air con somewhat cooler than before:)
think i gonna go down ubi and get the stuffs on fri
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 24th August 2009, 1:52 am

pessimizt wrote:Wah....bro realm...no need to be near my place lah. 28, 29, 30 is coming weekend ah.......think should be ok bah.

Can be somewhere more central also. But better if got more expert bros can come along or drop by too.....just in case i teach wrongly or have better ideas or methods to contribute. thumbsup

May I suggest this cool place, open air car park by the kallang river near the Indoor Stadium. Plenty of shaded car park space, totally empty. I was there on saturday 4pm looking for nice Photography shots. All bros doing the DIY I can lend you all a helping hand. I would prefer sat the 29 Aug after 3pm.

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Fortef10

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Forte211

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Forte210
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by aquariss 24th August 2009, 8:09 am

29 aug got May Day concert leh....though i'm going lah...but u sure u guys wanna gather there? Razz
aquariss
aquariss

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 24th August 2009, 8:50 am

Ohh....like that that place will be packed unless its earlier.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 24th August 2009, 8:52 am

andikong wrote:
pessimizt wrote:Wah....bro realm...no need to be near my place lah. 28, 29, 30 is coming weekend ah.......think should be ok bah.

May I suggest this cool place, open air car park by the kallang river near the Indoor Stadium. Plenty of shaded car park space, totally empty. I was there on saturday 4pm looking for nice Photography shots. All bros doing the DIY I can lend you all a helping hand. I would prefer sat the 29 Aug after 3pm.

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Fortef10

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Forte211

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Forte210

Nice and Relaxing place uncle andikong thumbsup
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 24th August 2009, 11:28 am

pessimizt wrote:Ohh....like that that place will be packed unless its earlier.

Then do it in the morning till lunch time, and have drinks and coffee near by Macdonald or KFC.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 24th August 2009, 12:55 pm

[DIY] Air-con insulation group buy (MU: to be confirmed) Forte210[/quote]

wah uncle andi, ur ride super shiny bow
how u manage to maintain it, any advice grin
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 24th August 2009, 12:58 pm

SpicyRed wrote:

how u manage to maintain it, any advice grin[/quote]

he maintain it with photoshop....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 24th August 2009, 1:08 pm

kapitan wrote:
SpicyRed wrote:

he maintain it with photoshop....[/quote]

lol! if he really use PS, he did a gd job

as for aircon DIY, my ride is OPC, only can dropby aft 1500hrs
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 24th August 2009, 1:45 pm

SpicyRed wrote:
kapitan wrote:
SpicyRed wrote:

as for aircon DIY, my ride is OPC, only can dropby aft 1500hrs[/quote]

no worry, uncle andikong also can ps air-con insulation for those have not done yet. lol!
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 24th August 2009, 2:18 pm

eh, different length of insulation for 1.6 and 2.0 right? Rolling Eyes
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 24th August 2009, 4:32 pm

SpicyRed wrote:
kapitan wrote:
SpicyRed wrote:

as for aircon DIY, my ride is OPC, only can dropby aft 1500hrs[/quote]

No problem, bro SpicyRed can drop by after the off peak hrs.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 24th August 2009, 4:38 pm

kysoong wrote:eh, different length of insulation for 1.6 and 2.0 right? Rolling Eyes

Basically the DIY insulations job is the same, except the length of certain portion is longer.
I have some spare pre-cut rubber insulation materials, any bro need it can have it on that day.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 24th August 2009, 4:45 pm

hmm one word of advise.

maybe you guys want to bring some drinks and a chair to sit down when tired.

if not next day sure back break one.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 24th August 2009, 4:50 pm

yea!!

looking fwd....to this... when can cfm? Realm? thx thx

bounce

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 24th August 2009, 5:21 pm

lukester wrote:hmm one word of advise.

maybe you guys want to bring some drinks and a chair to sit down when tired.

if not next day sure back break one.

Right bring more cold drinks, the best is Red Bull, $2 for 3 cans at Value $hop. Energy booster.
By the way lukester, have you done you insulations yet?
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 24th August 2009, 5:25 pm

A word of wisdom (advice) on the day of insulation: (actually was adviced by SpicyRed bro) bow

"Do not switch on air-con when driving to meetup to do air-con insulation"

Why ? The pipe will get condensation and you will have to wait longer (or wipe it super dry) for it to return to normal before you can start the insulation.

All the best ! thumbsup
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 24th August 2009, 5:55 pm

uncle andikong: yeah i have done the back breaking task on the 4th MU. lucky for us, that day was a cool day. if not the next day would have suffered more.
phew!
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 24th August 2009, 6:06 pm

Its a back-breaking, dirty, thirsty and hungry day......but its FUN ! Laughing
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 24th August 2009, 6:44 pm

pessimizt wrote:Its a back-breaking, dirty, thirsty and hungry day......but its FUN ! Laughing

Glad to hear that it's FUN doing the DIY , but the Back Pain, young man how come every one complain. I already 65yrs of age but still manage to do up my own ride without the back pain. You know I just renew the validity of my driving licence after over 40 yrs of driving. Have to do medical check up before you can continue to drive. Well that's life, always keep fit and healthy so that you can enjoy the fullest.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 25th August 2009, 12:56 am

congrats uncle andikong..
cos.. nowadays.. all youngster are strawberries.. Razz haa... joking la..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by jackohy 25th August 2009, 1:20 am

1. Realm
2. zacky7514
3. Eviltrap
4. froakies
5. clement
6. FriesL
7. Jackohy

Me thickfaced .... included myself

jackohy

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 25th August 2009, 1:24 am

Realm wrote:yep sc, it makes the air con somewhat cooler than before:)
think i gonna go down ubi and get the stuffs on fri

OK bro Realm, you will be getting the materials this friday and the DIY will be on 29 Sat @2pm to 5pm.
Everybody agree! Very Happy Car Park next to the former Oasis Restaurant and very near to the Kallang river.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 25th August 2009, 2:09 am

yep uncle andikong, i will consolidate the final amount of people who wanna do the DIY by thurs and get the stuffs by fri. Places and time will be as u mention earlier:)
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 25th August 2009, 2:21 am

Realm wrote:yep uncle andikong, i will consolidate the final amount of people who wanna do the DIY by thurs and get the stuffs by fri. Places and time will be as u mention earlier:)

OK, its best to limit it at 10 people doing the DIY, the rest can look see and do it the next MU.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 25th August 2009, 10:10 am

hmm if CFO approve, I might go and kaypo abit too.

see you guys (hopefully)
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 25th August 2009, 11:31 am

lukester wrote:hmm if CFO approve, I might go and kaypo abit too.

see you guys (hopefully)

Tell CFO to join us also for the DIY and watch other bro's beautiful ride. Seeing is believing.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by SA 25th August 2009, 8:59 pm

Collected my car today. Will joint for the DIY this saturday.

No. Nick (Name)
1. Realm
2. zacky7514
3. Eviltrap
4. froakies
5. clement
6. FriesL
7. Jackohy
8. sa

SA

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 25th August 2009, 9:25 pm

Ummm....so it will be at Kallang carpark mah ? This Saturday ? Time ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 25th August 2009, 9:37 pm

pessimizt wrote:Ummm....so it will be at Kallang carpark mah ? This Saturday ? Time ?

Can refer to my thread above.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 25th August 2009, 9:51 pm

pessimizt wrote:Ummm....so it will be at Kallang carpark mah ? This Saturday ? Time ?

Bro pessimizt, will you be there this Saturday? If yes, I'll be there to DIY and insulate my Spicy Red too. thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 25th August 2009, 9:59 pm

Hello chamot16, yes i will be there. Can pass you the items then. See you too !
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 25th August 2009, 10:02 pm

andikong wrote:

Can refer to my thread above.

Got it ! thumbsup But will not be staying throughout. most probably 1 hour +.

Last edited by pessimizt on 25th August 2009, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 25th August 2009, 10:03 pm

pessimizt wrote:Hello chamot16, yes i will be there. Can pass you the items then. See you too !

Ok. Sure. Thank you very much for holding on to the items. bow bow bow
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 25th August 2009, 10:16 pm

how i wish i can join the outing, still waiting for mine to come at oct.

hope oct still got organise MU.

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 25th August 2009, 10:25 pm

kqkhlj wrote:how i wish i can join the outing, still waiting for mine to come at oct.

hope oct still got organise MU.

Bro, you can always pop by on Sat for some observation first and do the insulation when youe car is here. thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 25th August 2009, 10:31 pm

so.. all the sifu here.. is this MU confirmed?
btw.. what is MU? grin

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by chamot16 25th August 2009, 10:49 pm

FriesL wrote:so.. all the sifu here.. is this MU confirmed?
btw.. what is MU? grin

Hehe... I'm a trainee too.
MU = Meet up. There's a thread on the 5th MU. Do check it out too.
This Sat is just for the DIY air-con insulation. thumbsup
chamot16
chamot16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next