Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube

2 posters

Go down

Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube

Post by kapitan 17th July 2009, 12:55 pm

"PEOPLE MAY DOUBT WHAT YOU SAY BUT THEY WILL BELIEVE WHAT YOU DO"

This is a classic record of our history from the film industry.
Many scenes bring nostalgic sentiments.
The turban Indian directing traffic, functional and economical.
The ahpian Chinese bearing sacks of rice over bouncy planks,
which our strong young men can't do today.
Bumboats with simply punt power.
All these and the places are just memories now.
I will archive this video.
Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube must watch and the other related rare videos...........

direct link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvhY6DtfZs&eurl=http://ramblinglibrarian.blogspot.com/search?q%3D1938&feajture=player_embedded
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube Empty Re: Rare video of 1938 Singapore found on... YouTube

Post by Spiritseye 17th July 2009, 3:37 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing the video

Looking at the scene of the Singapore river with the coolies loading and unloading the gunny sacks reminds me of my late grandfather who always tells me of his life working with my great grand father when i was small. Told me that he was a rice trader and all the wealth are sucked away by the other brothers and of cause the japanese occupation.

This video is a good reminder that without these forefathers, Singapore wouldnt be what is is today.

Again thanks!
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down