Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A).

+10
greatgazoo
Cowstalker
FriesL
melburn
Jason
Fortec
tish
lukester
luvxiaobeng
brian
14 posters

Go down

Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A).

Post by brian 30th June 2009, 10:05 am

Hi bros,

sorry, kinda of a noods question there:
What is the max gear you can go for 1.6(A) when you put out of "D" mode?

Is "2" the maximum you can go?
brian
brian

Back to top Go down

Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty Re: Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A).

Post by luvxiaobeng 30th June 2009, 11:12 am

Erm..... I not sure if i answer ur question correctly, but 1.6 (A) is a 4 speed auto transmittion......
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A). Empty Re: Question abt gear changing for 1.6(A).

Post by lukester 30th June 2009, 11:14 am

Ermm.. or do you mean the "+" "-" on the left side of you shift stick?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 30th June 2009, 11:35 am

brian wrote:Hi bros,

When u stationary, the gear is 1, when u drive push up and it will go to gear 2. keep doing it up to max gear 4. u can also shift towards "-" and it will shift backwards the gear ....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 1:48 pm

yeah Razz
coz...

1 gear is for reverse
1 gear is for park
so you left 2 gear for go!

Joking lah..

Forte got 4 gear ratios for forward thrust. The + and - allows you to manually switch up and down the 4 gears.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 1:51 pm

Fortec wrote:

yeah Razz
coz...

1 gear is for reverse
1 gear is for park
so you left 2 gear for go!

Joking lah..
Smack ur pipi then u know lol
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 30th June 2009, 1:54 pm

another noob question. So does tat mean that we can up gear using steptronic and it will auto down gear back to gear 1 when we step on the brakes to stop?
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 2:02 pm

that was the case for me, 3rd 4th gear, when nearing stop it will auto down 4-3-2-1.
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 2:11 pm

melburn wrote:another noob question. So does tat mean that we can up gear using steptronic and it will auto down gear back to gear 1 when we step on the brakes to stop?

Yes, will auto down gear in sportstronic for safety and reasons pertaining to wear and tear.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 2:12 pm

Anyway i only use it for runin 2nd n 3rd gear and for steep slops and maybe overtaking, else the auto is jusst fine for normal driving Smile
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 30th June 2009, 2:21 pm

yes its still automatic gear box still.. the manual override (+ and -) more for you to override cars gear shift program.. i.e if you want 2nd gear on higher rpm, but when ever needed it will still kick in to prevent damage.. but

anyone try with man override, will the gear auto up-shift on redline?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by brian 30th June 2009, 2:36 pm

tish wrote:

When u stationary, the gear is 1, when u drive push up and it will go to gear 2. keep doing it up to max gear 4. u can also shift towards "-" and it will shift backwards the gear ....

Noted thanks!
brian
brian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 30th June 2009, 3:02 pm

FriesL wrote:yes its still automatic gear box still.. the manual override (+ and -) more for you to override cars gear shift program.. i.e if you want 2nd gear on higher rpm, but when ever needed it will still kick in to prevent damage.. but

Not sure about the Forte. Sonota will change auto when hit redline, Civic car will jerk like stalling car cause fuel limiter kick in but won't change. Wonder what will the Forte do....

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 30th June 2009, 3:15 pm

hmmm.. civic.. stick? see.. MIJ option here.. does not make much sense.. ? esp when fuel limiter kicks in already..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 4:12 pm

FriesL wrote:yes its still automatic gear box still.. the manual override (+ and -) more for you to override cars gear shift program.. i.e if you want 2nd gear on higher rpm, but when ever needed it will still kick in to prevent damage.. but

i wont try that on a new engine, maybe on a seasoned engine. Ours are not performance engines... not sure if it will hold that kinda stress..
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 30th June 2009, 4:18 pm

im sure the forte engine can take a lil bit of stress.... Most prob will be similar to sonata and upshift the moment u hit redline...

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 30th June 2009, 11:16 pm

Sometimes a little bit of push is good for engines.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 2nd July 2009, 11:37 am

greatgazoo wrote:Sometimes a little bit of push is good for engines.
alittle push ok lah, but redline Embarassed
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 2nd July 2009, 11:50 am

the manual suggest at constant speed.. depress accelerator FULLY for overtaking.. i wonder do we really need to do that for tat extra overtaking power.. anyone tried tat? im running-in still so will not do for now Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 4th July 2009, 1:02 pm

Well... Scorpey... Please don't floor pedal for overtaking whilst running in. Really not very good for your car. Since the manual suggests 2k to 4krpm, i think u can shift to 3rd gear or 2nd gear depending on your speed using the semi auto shift stick and get decent overtaking power without exceeding 4krpm....

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 4th July 2009, 1:06 pm

Thanks cowstalker, dun worry.. like i said i will not do tat for now.. but just wonder do we really need to do tat for overtaking.. Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 4th July 2009, 1:26 pm

i think for most MIJ/MIK cars.. the throttle respond is not linear.. meaning.. we touch a little to move the car.. but as you press harder / floor it.. the respond may not be that extreme.. (very diff in continental cars where we use to pedal a little more.. and is more linear i would say..?) ya.. ?
Maybe the manuals suggest to floor it so the ECU understands the driver intention.. better? by then.. we could release.. by hitting 4k rpm? but yeah.. maybe not tat good for a run in car..

just my 2 cents.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 4th July 2009, 1:27 pm

Eh i feel that the power for our Forte is not really that "sporty". Might need to floor to overtake but no need the worry that engine RPM will race to the redline like some sports models.... I haven't ran in yet so still cannot test. Maybe some bros could let us know how the pickup is like...

Anyway, the Forte to me is meant to be a superb value, comfort car from Point A to Point B and for me, it shall remain that way... NO crazy overtaking and zipping lanes for this car...

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 4th July 2009, 1:35 pm

For those who worry about running in... here is a video...

https://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/KapitanE/?action=view&current=P1010199.flv

Before the car enter the ship, the driver will accelerate up a ramp of gradient about 35 degrees.... then there are internal ramps onboard which he has to drive up before arriving at the stowage position. In this ship, this car went up 76 decks up, i.e. six other internal ramps...

I am now uploading another video which show how they re-position cars in the storage yard...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 4th July 2009, 1:38 pm

woo...bro kapitan..

are you the one taking these video... thanks for sharing..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 4th July 2009, 2:34 pm

FriesL, who took the video does not matter... Very Happy

Anyways, all of us treat our newly acquired cars like little precious, not pushing and accelerating agressively etc,... but what's happening before you take the car, you will never know.......

https://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/KapitanE/?action=view&current=P1010223.flv
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 4th July 2009, 4:47 pm

Wow bro kapitan, i'm impressed that you know the delivery process of the cars in great "details". impressed ... impressed ... Surprised
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 5th July 2009, 2:30 am

very interesting video lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 5th July 2009, 2:36 am

Wow, "run in" liao kekeke

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 5th July 2009, 2:42 am

kapitan wrote:FriesL, who took the video does not matter... Very Happy

Anyways, all of us treat our newly acquired cars like little precious, not pushing and accelerating agressively etc,... but what's happening before you take the car, you will never know.......

https://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/KapitanE/?action=view&current=P1010223.flv

haaa... Thanks bro kapitan..
Kind of know this from Discovery before..heeee... of even unloading from local port. very very tight schedule...and they are superb driver.. i must say.. but..its not their car anyway.. haaa..

it looks like they really run-in the hardway.. hmmmm...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down