Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance..

+16
nothing
scorpey
Jason
Fortec
eeyore79
ahben
eraser
PillowER
Mahinda
nocash
Leonard
waypoint
pbeyondp
keigo
kapitan
tish
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance..

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 4:22 pm

Bro, As u all know some of our car tends to bank to the left while driving. I check with some lao jiaos and there is no such thing as singapore road slight angle to the left n car will bank left.

2nd there are wheel alignment experts that will use machine to measure the errors and can print out details.

So if KIA mech going to tell us SG road and those craps.... we can ask them go back n retake their mech course.

This morning I was wondering how it look if my car is lowered. I went to the left front wheel and put my 5 fingers in upright to see how much clearance fom wheel to the body. Just nice 5 finger.

I walk to the driver side front wheel and did the same.... to my surprise, my 5 fingers had to squeeze a little for my hands to go in. This is improper assembling of the wheel/suspension/what ever and that should be the cause of clearance difference thus contributing to the left bank while driving.... Tomorrow if i go for servicing n the mech give me craps, i going to give him a piece of my mind.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty Re: Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance..

Post by kapitan 29th June 2009, 4:25 pm

Before I had my springs changed, I had the feeling that the car was banking to the left slightly. after changed and alignment, it seems to be just driving straight. The mech who did my alignment told me that I may have some pulling. Told me to drive for a few weeks, let the spring settle in and then go back for alignment checks again.

Tish, if you get the spring from Mancando, don't go to their recommended mechanic, they told me they only have manual alignment. I bought the springs and went to stamford loyang, good job done by them, though a little more expensive.

anyways after lowering, you will have about slightly less then two fingers gap.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance.. Empty Re: Car banking to the left, check ur wheel to body clearance..

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 4:28 pm

kapitan wrote:Before I had my springs changed, I had the feeling that the car was banking to the left slightly. after changed and alignment, it seems to be just driving straight. The mech who did my alignment told me that I may have some pulling. Told me to drive for a few weeks, let the spring settle in and then go back for alignment checks again.

Tish, if you get the spring from Mancando, don't go to their recommended mechanic, they told me they only have manual alignment. I bought the springs and went to stamford loyang, good job done by them, though a little more expensive.

anyways after lowering, you will have about slightly less then two fingers gap.
Thanks for the advise Smile So even u had solve the left banking problem.... Good news thumbsup
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th June 2009, 4:39 pm

tish wrote:Bro, As u all know some of our car tends to bank to the left while driving. I check with some lao jiaos and there is no such thing as singapore road slight angle to the left n car will bank left.

2nd there are wheel alignment experts that will use machine to measure the errors and can print out details.

So if KIA mech going to tell us SG road and those craps.... we can ask them go back n retake their mech course.

This morning I was wondering how it look if my car is lowered. I went to the left front wheel and put my 5 fingers in upright to see how much clearance fom wheel to the body. Just nice 5 finger.

I walk to the driver side front wheel and did the same.... to my surprise, my 5 fingers had to squeeze a little for my hands to go in. This is improper assembling of the wheel/suspension/what ever and that should be the cause of clearance difference thus contributing to the left bank while driving.... Tomorrow if i go for servicing n the mech give me craps, i going to give him a piece of my mind.

So to say I'm right... the car default come with alignment issue which is slightly to the left....
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 4:53 pm

high chance, they may assemble in korea and expect singapore mechanic to do the adjustment, wonder how the QC check one...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th June 2009, 4:57 pm

tish wrote:high chance, they may assemble in korea and expect singapore mechanic to do the adjustment, wonder how the QC check one...

No in the first place they got QC mei.... Evil or Very Mad
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 29th June 2009, 11:48 pm

oh!

mine also got this problem.

i immediately rectify it upon car collection.

FOC at Kia servicing centre (Ubi).

u'r right. they didn't align

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 29th June 2009, 11:49 pm

keigo wrote:
tish wrote:Bro, As u all know some of our car tends to bank to the left while driving. I check with some lao jiaos and there is no such thing as singapore road slight angle to the left n car will bank left.

yes yes. they came with alignment issue. C&C ought to align for u before delivery

So to say I'm right... the car default come with alignment issue which is slightly to the left....

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 30th June 2009, 12:00 am

Actually, from what I know. They DID check. Quality control is paramount in KIA. The QC Inspector checked the clearance between the wheel arch and wheel for the front just like how you did; with his fingers. Left hand for left wheel and right hand for right wheel. Just that fingers on both his hands different size. Suspect

ROFLOL!

BR,
w a y

tish wrote:high chance, they may assemble in korea and expect singapore mechanic to do the adjustment, wonder how the QC check one...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 30th June 2009, 12:54 am

pbeyondp wrote:oh!

mine also got this problem.

i immediately rectify it upon car collection.

FOC at Kia servicing centre (Ubi).

u'r right. they didn't align
Damn.... hope the left n right spring isnt of different length... Crying or Very sad

waypoint wrote:Actually, from what I know. They DID check. Quality control is paramount in KIA. The QC Inspector checked the clearance between the wheel arch and wheel for the front just like how you did; with his fingers. Left hand for left wheel and right hand for right wheel. Just that fingers on both his hands different size. Suspect

ROFLOL!

BR,
w a y

OMG!! Like that call check... faint Sleep
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 30th June 2009, 2:21 am

erm . previously my dad send for 1K servicing .
kena smoke .
so now what shld be do ? send it on 5k servicing and shoot the mech ?
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 30th June 2009, 8:40 am

I have bought up this issue during my 2nd servicing.After the service still the same, guess C&C wheel aglinment is out of aglinment.... grin
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 30th June 2009, 11:44 am

nocash wrote:I have bought up this issue during my 2nd servicing.After the service still the same, guess C&C wheel aglinment is out of aglinment.... grin
u didnt go smack their pipi ? lol!

the aglinement really suxx if that is really the case. Outside got alignment setting $50 i think.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 30th June 2009, 1:29 pm

i think most of us wanna do alignment @ C&C w/o having to pay anything . since fault lies on their part .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahinda 30th June 2009, 8:54 pm

If they are not gonna do it or smoke through we should 1 shot go their service center together kpkb.
Mahinda
Mahinda

Back to top Go down

Post by PillowER 30th June 2009, 9:02 pm

I notice that too on my car. Going to ask them do the alignment during the 5k serving.
PillowER
PillowER

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 30th June 2009, 11:34 pm

I went down for 1k servicing today and told them about the difference in clearance n car banking to the left.

The solve the clearance difference after installing the suspension damper that solve the knocking sound.

However the car still bank to the left when i drove home via ECP and KPE. Tomorrow will call them to complain!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 1st July 2009, 12:26 am

I'm glad you guys found that banking to the left is not NORMAL kekeke maybe a good chance to convince urself and the people(CFO) around you to change to coilover ?

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by ahben 1st July 2009, 11:53 am

Just a side question on this. Does anyone ever felt that their car would swerve/jerk/pull to the right/left suddenly and quickly when they go over bumps or depressions at around 70-100 kmh?

I'm getting slight pulls and i'm wondering if its my driving or is it the wheels that are causing it.

ahben

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore79 1st July 2009, 1:32 pm

maybe ESC system ?
eeyore79
eeyore79

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 1st July 2009, 3:21 pm

ahben wrote:Just a side question on this. Does anyone ever felt that their car would swerve/jerk/pull to the right/left suddenly and quickly when they go over bumps or depressions at around 70-100 kmh?

I'm getting slight pulls and i'm wondering if its my driving or is it the wheels that are causing it.
should be normal because our electrical steering wheel is too light.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ahben 1st July 2009, 3:24 pm

Tish, so u saying u felt it before? Or maybe u yet to take note on your new ride.

ahben

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 1st July 2009, 3:29 pm

i think all along i felt it but didnt take note of it. i know steering too light its very obvious to feel it. not sure if i am right.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ahben 1st July 2009, 3:41 pm

Ok i just hope its not due to any mechanical failure. affraid

Any other bros out there with the same experience?

BTW eeyore, i don't think its the ESC. Its not supposed to work that way.

ahben

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 2nd July 2009, 12:34 am

ahben wrote:Ok i just hope its not due to any mechanical failure. affraid

Any other bros out there with the same experience?

BTW eeyore, i don't think its the ESC. Its not supposed to work that way.

Off the ESC then drive, if you get the same problem then confirm not ESC liao

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 12:41 am

ahben wrote:Just a side question on this. Does anyone ever felt that their car would swerve/jerk/pull to the right/left suddenly and quickly when they go over bumps or depressions at around 70-100 kmh?

What sort of bumps and depressions are we talking about here and how severe is the swerve/jerk/pull left/right?

But if it's really that serious that makes you feel uncomfortable, there might be a genuine car problem that need a quick look into or something else...
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 1:27 am

will be going down to leng kee to do a full alignment check. They didnt do the full test previously on the 1k servicing
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ahben 2nd July 2009, 10:26 am

Fortec wrote:

What sort of bumps and depressions are we talking about here and how severe is the swerve/jerk/pull left/right?

But if it's really that serious that makes you feel uncomfortable, there might be a genuine car problem that need a quick look into or something else...

Hmm how should i put it... It feels like a sudden jerk. Like the car got muscle pull? Haha. The depressions need not be deep but it usually happens around higher speed.

I might try to get CnC to do another check but what Tish said about the light steering makes sense. But only if we all feel the same.

ahben

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 2nd July 2009, 10:56 am

if u really feel insecure, call up C&C ask to speak with the previous mechanic or any mechanic which u are comfortable with, tell him ur situation and let him do some explanation first, if u think u need a check, go down to the servicing centre to check.

If u dont call, u drive there, it may end up they do a simple check n tell u nothing is wrong.
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 2nd July 2009, 12:48 pm

ahben wrote:
Fortec wrote:

Hmm how should i put it... It feels like a sudden jerk. Like the car got muscle pull? Haha. The depressions need not be deep but it usually happens around higher speed.

I might try to get CnC to do another check but what Tish said about the light steering makes sense. But only if we all feel the same.

Hi ahben,
i had this feeling with my old picanto.. i suspected was due to my bigger tires cos i upgraded to 15".. and the cause was due to uneven road surface.. regardless of wad speed u r at.. quite scary at first.. but after sometime i sort of get used to it.. Razz
as for forte.. im not sure yet.. so far dun have this experience... will cont to monitor..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by ahben 2nd July 2009, 3:39 pm

Maybe you are right that it happens regardless of speed, just that at higher speed it becomes more obvious.

ahben

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 4:44 pm

depends how high, the higher the speed, the tighter the electrical steering wheel.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 2nd July 2009, 6:01 pm

talking abt the lightest of our steering wheel, actually I quite liked it, have driven Avante its steering is what I called "Really very light" , kind of scary...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 6:17 pm

This morning i sent my car for alignment test

report came out, alignment had some errors but was still within the + -
tolerance, they still go ahead to adjust as close as possible to the
perfect measurement.
Now need to go back highway or very stright road to try on all 3 lanes..
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ahben 2nd July 2009, 8:07 pm

Tish do u have to make a special appointment? I just did my 1k last month. thinking of getting them to do my alignment again.

Btw, i don't feel the tightening of steering at higher speed...

ahben

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 2nd July 2009, 9:40 pm

Last week at my 1k servicing, the mech also told me about spore road being slanted to left for water drainage design. Hence the car will steer left when going straight. He said road tested my ride ok. But when i drive myself, the bank left appear to be apparent......i will want to go back for an alignment test and adjust it again....Sad
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 9:57 pm

What's ur defination on lao jiaos? SG roads are really slanted to the left......just look at how the water flow during rain.

The car will bank left eventually by forces of gravity....but of course if it's a drastic bank within few secs.....that's the alignment or wheel balance issues.

All I can say is that when the alignment is off, it is pretty obvious when u drive.

Btw, my car drift right instead of left and it's will go into the next lane in 3sec or less...that's after I did the springs. Did the alignment at Stamford,
so far so good.

Last edited by Fortec on 2nd July 2009, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 10:12 pm

i told my mech on 1k servicing that my car move to the left, and he check with no problem. So i told him i will monitor and let him know again.

After i tested still move to the left, so i call him and he ask me to speak with his supervisor mr khoo.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 10:18 pm

tish wrote:i told my mech on 1k servicing that my car move to the left, and he check with no problem. So i told him i will monitor and let him know again.

After i tested still move to the left, so i call him and he ask me to speak with his supervisor mr khoo.

Bro wanna go for a drive drive?? Razz Btw, did u get ur HKS fix today?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 10:29 pm

go where drive drive, me just came home from dinner abit tired leh hehe

i did my hks on 1 k servicing, but i suspect i heard a little softer knocking sound at basement carpark when going over those small plastic humps
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 10:31 pm

still got the hks ar? Those small plastic humps like those at Compass point Basement cp?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 11:39 pm

ya black n yellow one...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 2nd July 2009, 11:43 pm

go complain again....
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 11:46 pm

tish wrote:ya black n yellow one...

Those are not humps man...those are freaking square logs with the edges rounded LOL....I got slight sound when going over those also...same with my FIL's corolla and my sister's wish.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 11:48 pm

ohh so maybe normal ...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 3rd July 2009, 12:17 am

tish wrote:ohh so maybe normal ...

hehe...maybe the sound came from the freaking square logs😁
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by dinkodink 17th July 2009, 10:37 pm

just have mine adjusted on monday at PG for my 1st servicing... now my ride will only veered to the left at small angles after some distances, but then i feel comfortable leaving my hand off the steering, unlike previously which is almost instant...
dinkodink
dinkodink

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th July 2009, 12:03 am

thats good news Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by humbug 18th July 2009, 12:49 am

do check whether they did wheel balancing by observing any lead weights on the inner rims, and also yur 4 tyres pressure are even.

humbug

Back to top Go down

Post by Duser 18th July 2009, 12:30 pm

So for those who need to check if the wheel are align or not, what other sure ways to check besides seeing the difference when driving in straight road?

Duser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next