Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

any one same situation as me?

+21
FriesL
dav2011
Mahinda
melburn
KnGp
tish
Terrier
Fortei
ozzie75
mwerkz
luvxiaobeng
dwwl
balonglong_1979
gravin
Pegasus
kenincf
nothing
longbow
eraser
purple
astroboy28
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

any one same situation as me? - Page 2 Empty Re: any one same situation as me?

Post by Fortei 25th June 2009, 12:31 am

so true bro, so true.....
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by dwwl 25th June 2009, 12:40 am

then 1 day when people had enough of forte let's see how their actions will come back and haunt them.

dwwl

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 26th June 2009, 7:53 pm

tink i will send an email to cnc n c wat reply do they hav for me liao. tired of waiting. n i will call my se to ask him for an ans.
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 26th June 2009, 9:17 pm

eraser wrote:I'm not topping up too.

For me, to topup might as well buy a jap car since it has past the 50K region, I spend another 4-10K and I will get a good reputation jap car with minimum fuss and ding dongs from Importers.

Was delayed till the price shot up and maybe told to topup 5K considered worthwhile ? or gotten my car without the "admin" delays during the low coe period worthwhile? Don't think it should be fair to compare it with the current price.
WHY? would you give up your queue and let the next person take your "stock" of under 48999 without topup, then buy the car at a discount of 1-3K of the present price(54999). Worthwhile?

Side note: If a Parallel Importer did the same scenario, you would have thought they wanna con you to top up right? so whats the diff between this AD and P.I ?

Not meant to flame anyone here but was disappointed with the company, as I think the procedure or system of the company was never correct because a disgruntled customer will badmouth, it would spreads faster than a "our price remain even though the COE increase" advert kekekeke

I agree tat they shld have take precaution before the coe shoot up, this shld b their fault.

But then again, i dun think u can get a jap car with the same specs at tat price nw.
Also jap AD also will giv u 6 bids non guranteed, u nvr know the same scenario may happen.
Even if such things dun happen they might have earned enough to cover the coe diff, so end of the day we still lose out.

I would still suggest to topup but to a reasonable amt, coz end of the day it saves u trouble to go through the whole process again.
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 26th June 2009, 9:36 pm

i like e car but e way they do it i will not let them hav their way. i refer dont hav e car
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 26th June 2009, 10:44 pm

astroboy28 wrote:i like e car but e way they do it i will not let them hav their way. i refer dont hav e car

never mind, choose another ride.. Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 27th June 2009, 12:29 am

If more people top up, they will take for this for granted and deploy this "try & tested" method when the same market situation arises.

I'll maintain my stand not to top up.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 27th June 2009, 4:02 am

Pegasus wrote:If more people top up, they will take for this for granted and deploy this "try & tested" method when the same market situation arises.

I'll maintain my stand not to top up.

I chk around the mkt so far only a minority kana ur case, i believe most of the bros here are happily driving their car nw. We can say tat its their fault in handling but come to think of it who controls the coe prices? Its still a fact that they have to pay few k more for the coe, its nt tat they ask for top up to go into they pocket. So end of the day our top ups goes to u know who..... Twisted Evil
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahinda 27th June 2009, 6:19 am

My advice for bros out there who are still waiting for their cars especially those waiting for the last few bids:

Try to ask for open cat and top up. If there is a large shipment, most likely you can get your car if you top up for the COE. Cos the price which you all book few months back are all increased by around 5k. If you insist on getting back your deposit, you will then have to book a car base on the new price now which is around +5k and you have to wait for new COE bidding again. Waste time + money. If your SE say they willing to bid for you another 2 bids on top of the 6, tell them don't waste their time. 6 bids cannot get liao 2 more also no use base on the current COE price now and LTA are cutting more on the quota on sept. So I predict many car dealers will fight out for that few pieces of COE.

In fact alot of car prices increase by around 5k for last 2 months. Unless you are not really in need of the car then don't top up the addition 2 to 4k. If you do, my advice is to just give them the 2 to 4k instead of wasting time and money again for a new car.

The result may end up be the same or even worst.
Mahinda
Mahinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 27th June 2009, 9:53 am

Melbun, Mahinda,

I understand where you are coming from. This is not my 1st car with KIA C&C. I experience the same thing for my Picanto 4 years ago. I top up 2K to secure the car. And it's not open CAT but CAT A.

I relate my past buying experience with the SE. She over promise and brush away about the top up as though it is a stupid thing to do. She said rarely after 6 bids dun get car. She would want to change my preception.

She told me once stock arrive, they will bid high to secure the COE. Ask her how confident to get car in June, she said "very confident". So i signed the dotted line.

Bids 2nd, 3rd, 4th no bid. Understand later that they may have submit bid but was out-bidded when they key into the LTA system.
But it begs the question. Why go through the motion? If you are sincere in submitting bids you will submit a bid with ample buffer.

On 3rd & 4th, I ask her if there's a need to top up (2K). Same reply from her. No need top up. "No worries" she said.
She actually lost count of my biddings and tot I got 3 more biddings.
Reminded her that the next bid is my 5th, she said they will bid for me. Which of course get out bidded.

I think the rest I dun have to repeat. You can query the replies & posts I made in this forum.

Anyway I felt my SE had too many referrers and probably my sales means nothing to her.

I am cynical about the extra 2 bids too. But I will not be topping up for sure. It's a matter of principle.

Like I said in my previous posts somewhere, I still got my old car to drive. So "no worries" for me too.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 27th June 2009, 1:56 pm

Pegasus wrote:Melbun, Mahinda,

I understand where you are coming from. This is not my 1st car with KIA C&C. I experience the same thing for my Picanto 4 years ago. I top up 2K to secure the car. And it's not open CAT but CAT A.

I relate my past buying experience with the SE. She over promise and brush away about the top up as though it is a stupid thing to do. She said rarely after 6 bids dun get car. She would want to change my preception.

She told me once stock arrive, they will bid high to secure the COE. Ask her how confident to get car in June, she said "very confident". So i signed the dotted line.

Bids 2nd, 3rd, 4th no bid. Understand later that they may have submit bid but was out-bidded when they key into the LTA system.
But it begs the question. Why go through the motion? If you are sincere in submitting bids you will submit a bid with ample buffer.

On 3rd & 4th, I ask her if there's a need to top up (2K). Same reply from her. No need top up. "No worries" she said.
Reminded her that the next bid is my 5th, she said they will bid for me. Which of course get out bidded.

I think the rest I dun have to repeat. You can query the replies & posts I made in this forum.

Anyway I felt my SE had too many referrers and probably my sales means nothing to her.

I am cynical about the extra 2 bids too. But I will not be topping up for sure. It's a matter of principle.

Like I said in my previous posts somewhere, I still got my old car to drive. So "no worries" for me too.

If tats the case i do understand ur feeling, it mayb a case where u gt the wrong SE.
Ur case mayb much diff if u gt a more experience SE, like mine he knows tat coe is shooting up and he quickly ask for open cat without topping up. So end of the day SE must be smart enough to handle well also, coz my SE told me they have no control on bidding of coe.

Very Happy
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by dwwl 27th June 2009, 7:27 pm

There are so many bros who manage to get COE wo topup at 47/48999 level. How about all of you top up 1k so that its fair to every buyer? We'll then topup as well. Now would you all be happy about this?

We are not happy about them leaving us behind. It's not a simple matter of topup, if they screw up the COE, then accept a lower profit but complete the sale and not screw us over. Now all cars raise 5k and we have to pay 5k more to buy any car. Well guess what, we rather pay the 5k to other people instead.

dwwl

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 27th June 2009, 9:26 pm

my SE nv recommend me top up at all. all ur SE give u that option?
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 27th June 2009, 10:37 pm

i paid 44999 for my ex. n paid a 1.5k penalty for not taking in house loan. SE oso asked for open cat for the cat a at 9889 time without topup, when he see tat coe was heading north. n lucky for me, his mgr agreed.

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 27th June 2009, 11:00 pm

nver mind, go for the new koup...got 1.6 n 2l..... thumbsup
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 27th June 2009, 11:03 pm

nothing wrote:nver mind, go for the new koup...got 1.6 n 2l..... thumbsup

not 2l n 2.4l meh?

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 27th June 2009, 11:05 pm

mwerkz wrote:
nothing wrote:nver mind, go for the new koup...got 1.6 n 2l..... thumbsup

not 2l n 2.4l meh?

today paper put 1.6l n 2l...maybe I see wrongly.....the koup interior is 90% similar to Forte Laughing
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 28th June 2009, 12:44 am

dwwl wrote:There are so many bros who manage to get COE wo topup at 47/48999 level. How about all of you top up 1k so that its fair to every buyer? We'll then topup as well. Now would you all be happy about this?

We are not happy about them leaving us behind. It's not a simple matter of topup, if they screw up the COE, then accept a lower profit but complete the sale and not screw us over. Now all cars raise 5k and we have to pay 5k more to buy any car. Well guess what, we rather pay the 5k to other people instead.

For my case, mine is a OPC , early bird. Booked SX at 44999 which went through the whole bidding process which means 6 round of bidding. After lots of discussion with my SE, managed to come up with a confirmed COE for the 6 and 7 bid . As did a early projection of COE thread, thus pay 2k more to top up which I thought it is still worth the topping. that means my final SX = 46999 with a COE of 8489 .interest =2.5% with leather seats, and moonlight thermal guard solar film.

To share somemore, Actually after the 2nd or 3rd bid, my SE actually offered me a open cat which is only 3k. However, the best part is the corresponding value is only 1k . He told me to top up 500 for this COE. If that time had I been kan cheong, i would have suffered massive losses which I believe there are few early bird that belonged to this catergory. If I had taken this offer, my cost of the car was 44999+ 500 = open cat 3000 ( actual value 1k).
Thus, in the end, what I wanted to share is do not give in or rush in to top up .Somemore the interest rate is 2.8% Mad . You have to evaluate all necessary informations. Do not let the idea of owning a forte get over your head as I noticed alot of forummers asked those ppl to top up 2 to 4 k . If I am to chip in my idea, I would like to extend my bidding turns for another 3 more rounds for those who are coming close to their 6 bids. There could be a pullback for COE soon. Smile
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th June 2009, 2:12 am

i agree...
extend the bid count if possible ...at least to keep the line alive..
either way still could top up at later date..
but if speculation is true.. there will be another quota cut in sep 09 which i come across in forum... (IIRC dun flame me...)

Also I think price of forte should float around this, (however CC may further on accs just to keep things affordable).

maybe be upfront to your SE and even confirm how much they could bit for you.. to secure the COE. I tried in my case.. and got it on the 3rd bidding..

Last edited by FriesL on 28th June 2009, 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 28th June 2009, 2:22 am

FriesL wrote:i agree...
extend the bid count if possible ...at least to keep the line alive..
either way still could top up at later date..
but if speculation is true.. there will be another quota cut in sep 09 which i come across in forum... (IIRC dun flame me...)

Also I think price of forte should float around this, (however CC may further on accs just to keep things affordable).

maybe be upfront to your SE and even confirm how much they could bit for you.. to secure the COE. I tried in my case.. and success..on 3rd bidding.. but both 1st and 2nd is just

Sept cut seems confirmed.But still so long.
The way I look at it ,Demand is not sustainable...thus COE will drop but not much (no less than 11k) thus if any pullback, u must quickly work out a solution with your SE instead of giving him more money to bid next round.
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by dwwl 28th June 2009, 3:23 am

dav2011 wrote:
dwwl wrote:There are so many bros who manage to get COE wo topup at 47/48999 level. How about all of you top up 1k so that its fair to every buyer? We'll then topup as well. Now would you all be happy about this?

For my case, mine is a OPC , early bird. Booked SX at 44999 which went through the whole bidding process which means 6 round of bidding. After lots of discussion with my SE, managed to come up with a confirmed COE for the 6 and 7 bid . As did a early projection of COE thread, thus pay 2k more to top up which I thought it is still worth the topping. that means my final SX = 46999 with a COE of 8489 .interest =2.5% with leather seats, and moonlight thermal guard solar film.

To share somemore, Actually after the 2nd or 3rd bid, my SE actually offered me a open cat which is only 3k. However, the best part is the corresponding value is only 1k . He told me to top up 500 for this COE. If that time had I been kan cheong, i would have suffered massive losses which I believe there are few early bird that belonged to this catergory. If I had taken this offer, my cost of the car was 44999+ 500 = open cat 3000 ( actual value 1k).
Thus, in the end, what I wanted to share is do not give in or rush in to top up .Somemore the interest rate is 2.8% Mad . You have to evaluate all necessary informations. Do not let the idea of owning a forte get over your head as I noticed alot of forummers asked those ppl to top up 2 to 4 k . If I am to chip in my idea, I would like to extend my bidding turns for another 3 more rounds for those who are coming close to their 6 bids. There could be a pullback for COE soon. Smile

So you started negotiation after the 5th round? Did they give you black and white for the confirmed COE? And did you ask for additional stuff like the moonlight solar film after topping up?

dwwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 28th June 2009, 4:07 am

Hope my coming 6th bid is successful.. crossing fingers...
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 28th June 2009, 10:35 am

dwwl wrote:
dav2011 wrote:

So you started negotiation after the 5th round? Did they give you black and white for the confirmed COE? And did you ask for additional stuff like the moonlight solar film after topping up?

I rem is before 5th round. There is alot that i did not mentioned. But in the end, the plan was well planned and worked and achieve win win situation for both although I slightly won more.
Yes ,black and white letter confirmed COE.
Err...I rem the sequence is top up 2K, ask my SE to reduce lending rate from 2.8 to 2.5%,which helped to save close to 800 dollars of interest and get free solar film. If you do a breakdown, 2k top up- 800 interest- 500 solar film= 700
I thought this is a deal worth topping up as you can see, just a mere 700 dollars ,get 2k value higher of COE paper value. Very Happy
orginally, there was no free film given.
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 11th July 2009, 1:39 am

wow... i m licky...i booked mine on 30 May... and been told to get it in jul/aug... but suddently call me on 23 june... then collected last week...

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 11th July 2009, 2:16 am

BluZon wrote:wow... i m licky...i booked mine on 30 May... and been told to get it in jul/aug... but suddently call me on 23 june... then collected last week...

hey what colour you booked? i booked on 1st of june but still now car now.

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 11th July 2009, 2:29 am

for those booked late may n june shd b quite safe. i tink u shd give a call to ur se n ask him le.
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 11th July 2009, 2:34 pm

BluZon wrote:wow... i m licky...i booked mine on 30 May... and been told to get it in jul/aug... but suddently call me on 23 june... then collected last week...

yeah..bluzon..

me booked my ride end end april... still waiting... SE dreaming.. leh.. a bit sianz now..
still waiting.. 8 wks.. liao..
what color and model did you ordered?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 11th July 2009, 2:36 pm

ur se gt offer top up for u??
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 11th July 2009, 3:07 pm

hi, r u referring to me?
no need.. cos i got COE liao.. just the stock ... 15th.. there is a shipment.. but hope.. i got the color and queue.. else.. mad and i would escalate the matter liao..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 11th July 2009, 11:48 pm

hi, i dint make any top up.. mine is 1.6SX auto, titanium silver...
but not much freebies given.. only visor, solar firm, and the car mat

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by BluZon 11th July 2009, 11:49 pm

hi, i dint make any top up.. mine is 1.6SX auto, titanium silver...
but not much freebies given.. only visor, solar firm, and the car mat

BluZon

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 12th July 2009, 1:23 am

Interesting why all you guys so sensitive asking don't flame... relax lah, a forum if for opinions to gather right?? Some opinions will always be reverse to other people's.

Anyways, Interesting thing about this loan interest rate thing, I actually have a fresh perspective. Generally if we take longer time to repay, and take at higher %, the SE earns more right? But we feel the eased financial strain because per month pay less. To be honest, the diff of a few hundred in interest over 10 years or 7 years is a small cost in exchance for the bank allowing you to pay slowly. If you are on the other side of the spectrum and have lots of cash leading to short loan and small loans, then you can think about taking less freebies from SE since they earn less, so you should use a little bit more of your own cash (because you have it) to get the accessories installed with your own brand preference.

If we looked at both scenarios I painted, they are both win-win. One of the easiest way to help the SE to earn more is solar film, cos there are really many cheaper alternatives out there.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 13th July 2009, 4:13 pm

Bro, really felt guilty to intro my SE to u and yet this kinda things happen. It wasnt the same case for me but i also dont understand why she cant get a coe for u. I was also surprised to get a letter from C&C informing me that my SE has resigned and another SE will take over her.

Sorry that I had too much confident in my SE and introduce her to you thinking u will have a better deal and a guranteed COE.

Pegasus wrote:Melbun, Mahinda,

tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 13th July 2009, 6:13 pm

Hello tish,

I dont blame you. Not your fault.You recommended her based on your personal experience.
The escalating COE also makes me victim of circumstances pig

I was not informed of her resignation too. Got to know it only when I called the sales manager Sebastian last Thursday. eeek

Just went down Leng Kee today to meet up with the SE assigned to me. Read in the other Kia forum she's quite popular.

Have top up 3K. COE is guarranteed for the next round (my 7th), extra freebie auto fold mirror, confirmed August shipment, trade-in car price remains unchanged.

Lucky I did not accept the previous offer to top up 4K after my 5th bid. Asked for extra freebie if top up, dun have, ask for auto fold mirror, must pay $385.

Felt silly after i wrote that I will not top up. Embarassed
Anyway, will be moving on.. looking forward to getting my ride. cheers

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by boardrider02 13th July 2009, 6:34 pm

I do not have this problem at all. I bought my opc 1.6sx from ubi C&C fulco.My SE superb. He said no topping up required but the same non guurantee 6 bidding apply. at the second bidding i secure it. Hmm.My SE is desmond.Young guy. But the only freebies i had was the weather shield at side window and the cicular mirror as I did not negotiate. Very patient and knowlegeable and practical person to me.
boardrider02
boardrider02

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 13th July 2009, 7:00 pm

boardrider02 wrote:I do not have this problem at all. I bought my opc 1.6sx from ubi C&C fulco.My SE superb. He said no topping up required but the same non guurantee 6 bidding apply. at the second bidding i secure it. Hmm.My SE is desmond.Young guy. But the only freebies i had was the weather shield at side window and the cicular mirror as I did not negotiate. Very patient and knowlegeable and practical person to me.

Good for you then. Very Happy

Look at it this way,
My 1st bid missed by $80. If I were to get the COE, I think i also will not have problems.
Do not give too much credit to your SE. They dont control the bidding.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum