Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Servicing at Service Centre Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Servicing at Service Centre Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Servicing at Service Centre Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Servicing at Service Centre Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Servicing at Service Centre Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Servicing at Service Centre Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Servicing at Service Centre Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Servicing at Service Centre Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Servicing at Service Centre Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Servicing at Service Centre

+29
simonsoh
KnightRider
kqkhlj
Patklee
loveforte
crazyfox
IvanLow
forte1978
ck7373
leedevil
Kaisu7165
nofears
graysgerald79
eraser
ckpay
kenincf
andikong
mel
keigo
tish
alo
newsman
Korean
nothing
bigbull
greatgazoo
melburn
waypoint
chengwei
33 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Servicing at Service Centre Empty Servicing at Service Centre

Post by chengwei 20th June 2009, 12:33 pm

any recommendations to which service centre is better? Surprised

my 1000km is due soon. Very Happy

and how long is it gonna take?
planning to go after my night shift....yawnzzz
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Servicing at Service Centre Empty Re: Servicing at Service Centre

Post by waypoint 20th June 2009, 1:11 pm

If you have no major issues to resolve, Eunos Service Centre at 330 Ubi Road 3 is good. Comfy waiting area, too; internet access, tv, beverage corner, newspapers, wawas...

Monday - Friday: 0830 - 1900hrs(Less Thursdays)
Thursday: 0830 - 2359hrs
Saturday: 0830 - 1300hrs

Takes abt an hour, shorter if you specifically ask them not to wash your car.

Book your time slot online - http://singapore.kia-global.com/user/common/CustomPage.aspx?sMenuNo=106098&tMenuNo=10028&pIdx=33
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 20th June 2009, 1:46 pm

If u intend to rest and relax at the service center while waiting for the car, better dun go pandan. The place is not very gd for waiting.
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 20th June 2009, 2:38 pm

hmm
major issues are like?

i've got some rattling noise on the passenger side when going at high speeds over small bumps.
handbrake need some tensioning :\
steering wheel tilts left when left straight.
aircon not cold.

like tat how ar?
lol
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 20th June 2009, 2:56 pm

Just sound off accordingly and see how long they'd take to resolve. Issues that may take more time can be looked into when they next call us up to replace the faulty front suspension bushings which make us de-facto members of the HKS Club. Lol...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 20th June 2009, 3:13 pm

So did they mention when the stocks for the bushing will arrive?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 21st June 2009, 12:10 am

chengwei wrote:hmm
major issues are like?

i've got some rattling noise on the passenger side when going at high speeds over small bumps.
handbrake need some tensioning :\
steering wheel tilts left when left straight.
aircon not cold.

like tat how ar?
lol

hi chengwei, yours are no major issues lah. All these things are still consider very mild, haha... Smile

If u are the first in queue, u can get your car in about 3 hrs time, if no major complaints. But for your case with some many things to take care, u may need to wait till 3pm.

If u want a comfort place to sit around while waiting, Leng Kee service centre is quite alright. U can have as many cups of different types of hot drinks as u like, come together with biscuits too. Nice and comfortable sofa to rest for hours.

Sick of the drinks in Kia, go to Mitsubishi showroom for a change. U can also go up to 3rd floor where u can look see look see at the Mitsubishi Evo Rally Pit opened by Jackie Chan. Take a walk to Alexandra Ikea if u want to have lunch and hang around there till your car is ready for collection. Anchor Point Cold Storage is just across the road, if u want do some grocery shopping. There u can find a few factory outlets for some nice brands too. Laughing

Want to see other brands of cars, Leng Kee Road is the best place to hop around to look see look see many cars. Hope now u know where u want to send your car to. Have fun! Very Happy

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st June 2009, 1:37 am

cheers this is one good info for the others to kill their time
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st June 2009, 11:01 am

From leng kee service centre, take Bus 33 or 51 from the bustop and can bring to Ikea, Anchor point, etc..
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Korean 21st June 2009, 11:54 am

went to Pandan Gdn for my 1k servicing.
Printed on my receipt "car wash -----FOC" but they didn't wash my car at all.
Complained on the "no stock" FORTE decal during the car collection but they forgetten again after the servicing.....pls inspect your car after service......quite a lousy job & service!!!!
No wonder ..they are giving Free labor for the 1k and 5k service!!!
Still find the air con is not cold even when i adjust to 22 degrees.....maybe due to the current hot climate.....but my previous car was "super cold" when i set to 25 degrees.
Guess that if you are paying for this kind of price....this is the setback!!!!
bounce

Korean

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st June 2009, 12:58 pm

My suggestion to all is go back C&C to service once a while to show face for the sake of warranty, once warranty over dun go anymore cos C&C is also a loan shark. U can actually get outside servicing centre cheaper by half the price.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st June 2009, 1:04 pm

Korean wrote:went to Pandan Gdn for my 1k servicing.
Complained on the "no stock" FORTE decal during the car collection but they forgetten again after the servicing.....pls inspect your car after service......quite a lousy job & service!!!!
Still find the air con is not cold even when i adjust to 22 degrees.....maybe due to the current hot climate.....but my previous car was "super cold" when i set to 25 degrees.
bounce

Doesn't mean paying at such price will reap such set backs...maybe u suay, kana a lemon ride, it can happen on any models and brands be it a sub 50K or 100K car...my aircon on 23 during a hot afternoon with only on fan 1 is super cold and sometimes I need to revert back to 24 deg in the sunny afternoon...and mine is without the aircon pipe insulation....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Korean 21st June 2009, 1:29 pm

nothing wrote:
bounce

Doesn't mean paying at such price will reap such set backs...maybe u suay, kana a lemon ride, it can happen on any models and brands be it a sub 50K or 100K car...my aircon on 23 during a hot afternoon with only on fan 1 is super cold and sometimes I need to revert back to 24 deg in the sunny afternoon...and mine is without the aircon pipe insulation....

will monitor the air con closely....perhaps i'm too fussy!!!
serious....i still think that Jap cars aircon are colder than korean cars!!!! Mad

Korean

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 21st June 2009, 1:53 pm

The Car Colour n Solar film play a Big Part in Air-Con efficiency.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by alo 21st June 2009, 2:00 pm

bounce

were u driving a corolla altis then? cos tat car's aircon is ridiculously cold..
alo
alo

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 22nd June 2009, 9:00 am

Korean wrote:
nothing wrote:
bounce

will monitor the air con closely....perhaps i'm too fussy!!!
serious....i still think that Jap cars aircon are colder than korean cars!!!! Mad

This I agreed...Especially Altis the aircon very very cold...but in term of Korean cars, I think this time round KIA did it right, much better than my previous Korean ride....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Korean 22nd June 2009, 9:44 am

Spot On "alo"!!! My previous car was Corolla Altis....
Yes ,,,""Nothing"....you're are right!!!!the aircon was super cold....i need to set the temp at 26 to 28 degrees and u feel very comfortable with it.......
Trying to adjust myself to the Forte aircon temp......

Korean

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 12:03 pm

Korean wrote:Spot On "alo"!!! My previous car was Corolla Altis....
Yes ,,,""Nothing"....you're are right!!!!the aircon was super cold....i need to set the temp at 26 to 28 degrees and u feel very comfortable with it.......
aiyahh... talk about aircon... i need to set 22 sometime .... need to do the DIY aircon mod also...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 22nd June 2009, 12:54 pm

doh

dropped my vehicle at 0930hrs just now.

3+ 4+ then can collect.....zzz

hope they fix the rattling noise, handbrake and steering wheel.
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 1:49 pm

chengwei wrote:doh

rattling noise comes from where bro ?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 22nd June 2009, 1:57 pm

tish wrote:
Korean wrote:Spot On "alo"!!! My previous car was Corolla Altis....
aiyahh... talk about aircon... i need to set 22 sometime .... need to do the DIY aircon mod also...

If you going to do the aircon DIY let me know.. I need to do also..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 2:17 pm

i will ask bro andikong if he got anymore hose. will include 1 set for u
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by mel 22nd June 2009, 3:50 pm

Hello everyone J

I’m a new driver, Cerato Forte is my first car – bought an ebony black, been driving almost a month now.

Just wanted to share my first 1000km servicing experience -

I sent my car for servicing last Monday at Ubi. This was after going to Pandan and Leng Kee.

Just my two cents, I think customer service and movement at Pandan is best because of the fast lane check-in.

I called first and asked if I can collect at about 6pm. They said ok, and they kept to it.

Additionally, I asked to check the clanking noise at the base when I go over humps and the tension of the boot release (it was abit hard, felt as though I was gonna break it).

For the noise: the guy told me there will be a recall of the forte cars that complain of the noise, so that they can replace a part below. This is for cars that complain of that noise that comes from the base nearer the front. This recall will be in July.

The boot release is ok now. I’m not sure if I got used to it or they fixed it.

Why my experience at Ubi was not a good one – I had already scratched my car, bumped against a pillar on my way down a multi-storey carpark one day after I got the car L.

All three service centres gave different quotes, but what peeved me most was, not only did he charge me nearly $200 bucks more than Pandan, he said they can’t guarantee the paint will be seamless.

I’m like, what? (What’s the point of going to an authorised service centre?) And after I told him how much Pandan was charging, he laughed and said, “actually, even if you send to Ubi, we will send to Pandan for paintwork – only Pandan and Leng Kee does paintwork.”

That was that, I sent it for normal servicing, skipped the repairs, went to my friend’s uncle’s workshop, spent a fraction of the cost. From $600 plus to only $160.

mel

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 22nd June 2009, 4:01 pm

tish wrote:i will ask bro andikong if he got anymore hose. will include 1 set for u

thank you..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 22nd June 2009, 4:17 pm

tish wrote:

left front passenger side.

but they said they did some insulation.

nvr mentioned anything about suspension bushing which i've seen in here.
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 22nd June 2009, 5:03 pm

tish wrote:i will ask bro andikong if he got anymore hose. will include 1 set for u

Tish I still have the two set available, reserved specially for you, OK.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 5:30 pm

mel wrote:Hello everyone J

I’m a new driver, Cerato Forte is my first car – bought an ebony black, been driving almost a month now.

Just wanted to share my first 1000km servicing experience -

I sent my car for servicing last Monday at Ubi. This was after going to Pandan and Leng Kee.

Just my two cents, I think customer service and movement at Pandan is best because of the fast lane check-in.

I called first and asked if I can collect at about 6pm. They said ok, and they kept to it.

Additionally, I asked to check the clanking noise at the base when I go over humps and the tension of the boot release (it was abit hard, felt as though I was gonna break it).

For the noise: the guy told me there will be a recall of the forte cars that complain of the noise, so that they can replace a part below. This is for cars that complain of that noise that comes from the base nearer the front. This recall will be in July.

The boot release is ok now. I’m not sure if I got used to it or they fixed it.

Why my experience at Ubi was not a good one – I had already scratched my car, bumped against a pillar on my way down a multi-storey carpark one day after I got the car L.

All three service centres gave different quotes, but what peeved me most was, not only did he charge me nearly $200 bucks more than Pandan, he said they can’t guarantee the paint will be seamless.

I’m like, what? (What’s the point of going to an authorised service centre?) And after I told him how much Pandan was charging, he laughed and said, “actually, even if you send to Ubi, we will send to Pandan for paintwork – only Pandan and Leng Kee does paintwork.”

That was that, I sent it for normal servicing, skipped the repairs, went to my friend’s uncle’s workshop, spent a fraction of the cost. From $600 plus to only $160.
Thanks bro, thats a very important info, thinking of going ubi to service since its nearer to my house n work place, now i'm having second tots..... maybe will service only at lengkee coz that is centralise liao.... thumbsup
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 5:32 pm

chengwei wrote:
tish wrote:

left front passenger side.

but they said they did some insulation.

nvr mentioned anything about suspension bushing which i've seen in here.
hmm... maybe u check again to see if the noise still appear, its not the hump knocking sound right?

andikong wrote:

Thanks uncle andi!! is the 2nd set taken? can reserve for kiago also ?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 22nd June 2009, 5:51 pm

andikong wrote:

Thanks uncle andi!! is the 2nd set taken? can reserve for kiago also ?[/quote]

Yeh, bro Keigo can have it.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 22nd June 2009, 6:01 pm

andikong wrote:
tish wrote:
andikong wrote:

Tish
I still have the two set available, reserved specially for you,
OK.
Thanks uncle andi!! is the 2nd set taken? can reserve for
kiago also ?

thanks again wor, paiseh i very de ma fan hehe... the glue u still got? how much 1 bottle?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 22nd June 2009, 6:31 pm

Tish, don't need to buy. i still have half can of the adhesive glue and adhesive tape.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 22nd June 2009, 8:46 pm

Hi guys. I was trying to book my 1st servicing online. I noticed that we can book for as early as 7:00am. Does that mean they can start working on my car at 7:00am?

In the webpage, it's stated that the opening hours are 8:30am - 5:30pm.

Anybody has any idea?
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 22nd June 2009, 9:26 pm

tish wrote:
andikong wrote:
tish wrote:
andikong wrote:

Tish
I still have the two set available, reserved specially for you,
OK.
Thanks uncle andi!! is the 2nd set taken? can reserve for
kiago also ?

thanks again wor, paiseh i very de ma fan hehe... the glue u still got? how much 1 bottle?

Thank you andikong and Thank you Tish...

Can't wait to meet up.... Smile
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 23rd June 2009, 8:50 am

kenincf wrote:Hi guys. I was trying to book my 1st servicing online. I noticed that we can book for as early as 7:00am. Does that mean they can start working on my car at 7:00am?

In the webpage, it's stated that the opening hours are 8:30am - 5:30pm.

Anybody has any idea?

They only start work exactly at 8 30am...refering to the technicians....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 23rd June 2009, 10:26 am

LK service centre start work @ 8am. Hope it helps.

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd June 2009, 10:50 am

i think the 730am means u can leave the car there as early as 7.30 coz people maybe working at 8am and just drop the car there ....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 23rd June 2009, 2:36 pm

Thanks for the info guys!

I was told by colleagues as well that 7:00am is reserved for OPC cars. Surprised
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd June 2009, 4:14 pm

ohhh, hmm but if mech work at 8.30, then how they service at 7am!?!?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 23rd June 2009, 4:48 pm

They don't start at 7am, how I know bcos I was there by 7am, not a single soul except the security uncle, the service executive on duty will appear by 7 plus to issue servicing tickets and by 8 plus u will see mechanics appearing....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 23rd June 2009, 5:48 pm

Based on my past experience, they will only call you in the later afternoon to collect your car even with appointment or not. I can only think that anything not rectified or any new defects will make you come back another day to fix it, therefore most drivers die die drive back then take another leave, off or lunch break then come back. Better than leaving the headache at their carpark kekeke

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 23rd June 2009, 11:12 pm

sry posted at the wrong place previously.... here's my query..

hey, just need to check.... our 3 years warranty is what exactly? 1st
1000km, 5000km then? after that do we need to pay for the servicing
+engine oil?

Anywhere to check?

One of the SE told my
friend that 1st 100km and 5000km just need to pay the engine oil, after
that need to pay for the servicing work+engine oil(he bought an EX)...
is it true?

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 23rd June 2009, 11:53 pm

yes, have to pay for all engine oil, only first 2 servicing labour is free...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 24th June 2009, 12:16 am

so after that what is the cost of usual servicing?

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by nofears 24th June 2009, 12:40 am

anyone thought of buying your own engine oil? Heard a few ppl do that for kah motor.

nofears

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 24th June 2009, 2:37 pm

tis morning ,jus chk with service centre (pandan) regarding bringing your own oil. Mentioned they'll incurred a surcharge of $30.00 & "alar-cart" service package which i'm clueless ??Conclusion is that they'll discourage u from bringing your own & no saving from their quoted packages Sad
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 24th June 2009, 3:01 pm

Kaisu7165 wrote:tis morning ,jus chk with service centre (pandan) regarding bringing your own oil. Mentioned they'll incurred a surcharge of $30.00 & "alar-cart" service package which i'm clueless ??Conclusion is that they'll discourage u from bringing your own & no saving from their quoted packages Sad

well just choose the service of normal checking for fault... then instruct them to just report fault without repair...

then you go outside to change your engine oil and repair whatever fault discover...

I'm planning after finish my 5k servicing.. will only go down to C&C once a year only..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 24th June 2009, 4:53 pm

Hi Keigo
u mean jus opt for service/chking w/o the oil ? Sure Boh ? Might as well ignored their warranty & service your car @ Harmony Motor....By the way ,send in to Pandan tis morning to repair my handbrake seal (loosed after adjusted my handbrake during my 1K service a mth back) 1st surprise ,have to replaced the seal but no stock .2nd surprise ,found a deep scratch on my rear door upon collection ...."The Power to surprise " Surprised
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 24th June 2009, 9:51 pm

Kaisu7165 wrote:Hi Keigo
u mean jus opt for service/chking w/o the oil ? Sure Boh ? Might as well ignored their warranty & service your car @ Harmony Motor....By the way ,send in to Pandan tis morning to repair my handbrake seal (loosed after adjusted my handbrake during my 1K service a mth back) 1st surprise ,have to replaced the seal but no stock .2nd surprise ,found a deep scratch on my rear door upon collection ...."The Power to surprise " Surprised

wow, this is bad news man! padan so careless? did u quote them the scratch?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 24th June 2009, 10:49 pm

tish wrote:
Kaisu7165 wrote:Hi Keigo

wow, this is bad news man! padan so careless? did u quote them the scratch?

Hmm.. I'm going for my 1st servicing this coming Friday. Now I wonder whether I should ask them to tighten my handbrake liao... scratch At the end of the day, it's not tight but it's actually not a major issue...
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 25th June 2009, 10:30 am

hi kenincf,
with regards to handbrake tightening ,if you pulled more than 3 "clicks" or need a lot of effort when @ slope ,better get them to adjust.Make sure they aligh your seal in order (highlight my situation to them) & chk your car body before & after the service for any "surprises" Smile
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next