Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires)

+22
nothing
add001
nocash
eraser
Kiang
Fortec
tower7
impact2001
kenincf
lordhawk
tiny
K-Family
dipstick
ck7373
muff
scorpey
greatgazoo
waypoint
chengwei
Redbean
Juz@kid
bate81
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires)

Post by bate81 6th June 2009, 2:02 am

Hey guys, i just got my new SX last wednesday. Wanted to pump my tires after my second refilling of petrol just now. To my horror, the pump reading was 345 for all the 4 tires!. From my knowledge, tire pressure should be abt 220. Immediately i referred to the manual. It was stated clearly that all 4 tires should be at 220. Any bros here have the same prob? Smile

bate81

Back to top Go down

Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty Re: Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires)

Post by Juz@kid 6th June 2009, 2:20 am

aiyo,,, soooo much air being pump into ur new ride... affraid luckie u got check... mine ok.. Laughing

aniway,,, congratz to u on ur new ride cheers
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Empty Re: Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires)

Post by bate81 6th June 2009, 2:36 am

thanks bro.... luckily i checked... otherwise its like a time bomb waiting to explode. haha.

bate81

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 6th June 2009, 9:55 am

Yeah..mine also over pumped. But not as much as urs though..

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 6th June 2009, 10:33 am

i haven go deflate it.

how?
will it be dangerous?
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 6th June 2009, 10:45 am

Nah, "not dangerous".... Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 6th June 2009, 10:53 am

chengwei wrote:i haven go deflate it.

how?
will it be dangerous?

It's not dangerous but will explode if trigger. The most you will have to change new tyre on the road. If you have the time just go deflat abit and problem solve.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 6th June 2009, 10:55 am

bate81 wrote:thanks bro.... luckily i checked... otherwise its like a time bomb waiting to explode. haha.

One of our fews members here already explode, so just dun go brush your tyre or head any sharp object will do.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 6th June 2009, 11:30 am

this remind me of some bros that encounter puntured tires.. probably it was due to the over-inflation..so minor knock caused it to burst/ puntured... so first thing when i get my ride is to go petrol station and "balance" the pressure! Very Happy
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 6th June 2009, 11:45 am

Bro/sis collecting their new ride, pls highlight to yr SE about the over inflated tyres .......get them to report this to their management (pre-delivery checks not properly done).....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 6th June 2009, 12:08 pm

about the subject title of this thread.....

the reasons KIA over inflate the tyres is for the purpose of shipping and storage and not for daily on the road usage.... prior to delivery, it should be deflated to the recommended pressure as per the manual...... some safety issues here... Mad
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 6th June 2009, 12:16 pm

Hi all, when i collected my ride on wed, pressure reading was at 50psi....!!! What i did was released some air to about 35psi using my pressure gauge. Will feedback to CnC once the SE's service survey comes in....cheers.
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 6th June 2009, 12:23 pm

Thanks Bro, hopefully CnC will act on this before something worse happened.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 6th June 2009, 12:27 pm

The max pressure is embossed on the sidewall of each tire. If the tire pressure is grossly over that max, the integrity of the tire may have been compromised resulting in a possible blow-out at high speed.

Those whose tires have been severely over-inflated by CnC, should check their tires for tell-tale signs like bulges on the sidewall.

I have once seen a car with tires that had little balloons sticking out of the sidewalls. The most likely cause would be severe over-pressure of the tires and a tire blow-out was imminent. I tried to warn the driver but he sped off at high speed and I have always wondered whether he reached his destination alive.......

About tire pressure (for noobs)

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 6th June 2009, 12:48 pm

So far 3 bros here reported puncture sidewall on their tyre.....and many more on over-inflated tyres during or just after collection......

lets see how many bro/sis here also encountered similar problem on over-inflated tyres.

Any others pls add on (added on behalf for bro above):
1. Bate81
2. chengwei
3. redbean
4, waypoint
5.ck7373
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 6th June 2009, 1:26 pm

bate81 wrote:Hey guys, i just got my new SX last wednesday. Wanted to pump my tires after my second refilling of petrol just now. To my horror, the pump reading was 345 for all the 4 tires!. From my knowledge, tire pressure should be abt 220. Immediately i referred to the manual. It was stated clearly that all 4 tires should be at 220. Any bros here have the same prob? Smile

C&C QC has plenty of problems. Predelivery is so substandard in my case.

I got mine with tyre pressures at 350kPa. Max rated for the tyre is 300kPa.

Either they employ stupid or dumb people, putting out cars that are a safety hazard on the roads. Mad

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by bate81 6th June 2009, 1:27 pm

Yo bros, kena shocked until i cannot spell "tyres". haha..
Anyway i called my SE, he said they over inflate to check for leaks. They should just deflate before handing over the car to us. It will be very dangerous esp at high speed. Esp on the expressway. If one of them burst, the car will lose traction and skid. So those getting their new cars should go to the petrol kiosks to check for tyre pressure immediately Smile

bate81

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 6th June 2009, 5:55 pm

bate81 wrote:Yo bros, kena shocked until i cannot spell "tyres". haha..
Anyway i called my SE, he said they over inflate to check for leaks. They should just deflate before handing over the car to us. It will be very dangerous esp at high speed. Esp on the expressway. If one of them burst, the car will lose traction and skid. So those getting their new cars should go to the petrol kiosks to check for tyre pressure immediately Smile

Your SE should not be selling cars I feel. Earn $$ selling cars without a single iota about tyres? tongue

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 6th June 2009, 6:13 pm

Frankly I think it's no big deal. I usually do a check on my tires pressure the moment it's been handled by another person (when buying new tires or after tire rotation). Since the tires are factory fitted, it's possible the mistake was commited in Korea. Just get everyone who collected their cars to do a pressure check immediately.

muff wrote:So far 3 bros here reported puncture sidewall on their tyre.....and many more on over-inflated tyres during or just after collection......

lets see how many bro/sis here also encountered similar problem on over-inflated tyres.

1. Bate81
2. chengwei
3. redbean
4, waypoint
5.ck7373
6. Tiny

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 6th June 2009, 6:39 pm

1. Bate81
2. chengwei
3. redbean
4, waypoint
5.ck7373
6. Tiny
7. lordhawk
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 7th June 2009, 12:48 am

1. Bate81
2. chengwei
3. redbean
4, waypoint
5.ck7373
6. Tiny
7. lordhawk
8. kenincf

I went to gas station just now to check out my tyres. Wow.. all 4 of them were rated at 347!! And I was using my car everyday since the day I collected my car, i.e. 28/05! affraid Now I set the front tyres to 230 and rear tyres to 220. I actually can feel the difference on the way back... It's smoother when the tyres pressure are set correctly.
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 7th June 2009, 12:54 am

scare me.. i tot the namelist is meant for those who had blown their tyres due to over-inflation.. hahaha
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 7th June 2009, 1:57 am

No lah...if blown tyre already kpkb.

I can't remember but someone warned me about it on another forum (was it sgkiaclub?) so about a day or so after taking over I quickly got hold of a pressure gauge (sorry, 1st time car owner) and adjusted my tyre pressure.

Yep, it was 46psi. pale And grip really improved once the pressure came down to a more sane 32psi.

These days I'm checking almost every week. Thinking of experimenting with 40psi (i.e. max - 10%) which was recommended by carbibles.com, just to see the effect.
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 7th June 2009, 10:22 am

i dun thk it's a big deal too.. there maybe some reasons why they over inflated them.. just visited a tire factory in thailand.. it's pretty interesting to see how they are made.. they r able to take high pressure but of cos it's not safe to drive at that kinda pressure on roads... Smile so just check the tires pressure if u hv not done so or list down as 1st thg u do when u collect ur veh.. (i'm doing tat!)

tiny wrote:Frankly I think it's no big deal. I usually do a check on my tires pressure the moment it's been handled by another person (when buying new tires or after tire rotation). Since the tires are factory fitted, it's possible the mistake was commited in Korea. Just get everyone who collected their cars to do a pressure check immediately.

muff wrote:So far 3 bros here reported puncture sidewall on their tyre.....and many more on over-inflated tyres during or just after collection......

1. Bate81
2. chengwei
3. redbean
4, waypoint
5.ck7373
6. Tiny
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 7th June 2009, 11:34 am

scorpey wrote:i dun thk it's a big deal too.. = but of cos it's not safe to drive at that kinda pressure on roads... Smile

confused confused confused confused confused

Tyres are safety equipment. Not getting the basics of safety is inexcusable.

The only reason I can think of why anyone would do it is to reflect good fuel mileage.

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 7th June 2009, 11:52 am

depressurised it last evening.

was ard 349kpa~
down to 220kpa now Surprised
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by bate81 7th June 2009, 1:14 pm

ya bros.... you can actually feel the difference if they were over inflated. Very HARD ride, esp driving on uneven roads. Lesser grip. Mine had alot of under steer when negotiating fast at a corner. Deflate it to the recommended pressure (220Kpa)and you will get better grip, VERY much comfortable ride, and you can feel the suspension absorbing the impact. Smile

bate81

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 7th June 2009, 3:58 pm

K-Family wrote:
scorpey wrote:i dun thk it's a big deal too.. = but of cos it's not safe to drive at that kinda pressure on roads... Smile

confused confused confused confused confused

Tyres are safety equipment. Not getting the basics of safety is inexcusable.

The only reason I can think of why anyone would do it is to reflect good fuel mileage.

i mean not a big deal if they over inflated my tires.. cos i will check the pressure once i got my ride.. but i agree that over inflation to certain extend is dangerous to drive on the road..
so for those bros who got pressure gauge it will be good to bring along the day u collect the veh from C&C.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by tower7 8th June 2009, 12:08 am

[quote="kenincf"]1. Bate81
2. chengwei
3. redbean
4, waypoint
5.ck7373
6. Tiny
7. lordhawk
8. kenincf
9 Tower7

I oso encountered the same problem on all my 4 tyres which were showing 350 and immediately change it to 220. Can free the car stable and smoother. Should smack the pipi of the SE who did not create awareness during car collection.

tower7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 8th June 2009, 12:12 am

Don't really matter lah, juz collect the car and drive to any one of the 1001 petrol kiosks in SG and set the pressure to ur favourite setting lah.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 8th June 2009, 12:19 am

Hmmm... If you saw and knew who my SE was I wouldn't mind doing so... Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Icon_drool

Or could it be my standard not so high. Tire Pressure (KIA over pumped the new tires) Icon_mrgreen

tower7 wrote:Should smack the pipi of the SE who did not create awareness during car collection.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 8th June 2009, 12:43 am

Fortec wrote:Don't really matter lah, juz collect the car and drive to any one of the 1001 petrol kiosks in SG and set the pressure to ur favourite setting lah.

All of us here are aware now of these over-inflated tyres that CnC delivered to us with our Forte and knows what needs to be done.....but pity all the ignorant owners collecting their new ride from CnC everyday...... pale
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 8th June 2009, 12:45 am

how to u go about checking the air pressure of the tyres?
before u let off the air
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 8th June 2009, 12:49 am

bro, u need a tyre pressure gauge and best to check it when its cold..
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 8th June 2009, 12:50 am

Kiang wrote:how to u go about checking the air pressure of the tyres?
before u let off the air

Buy a small tyre pressure gauge from accessories shop/ carrefour/ Big NTUC

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 8th June 2009, 8:10 am

so front wheels how much, rear wheels how much?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 8th June 2009, 8:42 am

there is a tire specification at the driver door. Wink
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 9th June 2009, 9:48 pm

Bet you didn't know that... I mean, hey... Michelin can't be wrong!

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 9th June 2009, 9:51 pm

Need to change only two tyres?

Check the video out!

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 24th June 2009, 2:13 am

Is Tyre Pressure at 235 kPa ok? Or need to set to 220 kPa???
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 24th June 2009, 8:49 am

add001 wrote:Is Tyre Pressure at 235 kPa ok? Or need to set to 220 kPa???

235kpa is ok, unless u find yr ride too bumpy then reduce to 220kpa but air will naturally leak as times goes by, another 2 weeksm likely will drop from 235 to 225 easily....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 24th June 2009, 8:55 am

nothing wrote:

235kpa is ok, unless u find yr ride too bumpy then reduce to 220kpa but air will naturally leak as times goes by, another 2 weeksm likely will drop from 235 to 225 easily....

Bro Nothing, Roger & tango yankee! Very Happy
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 24th June 2009, 9:01 am

nothing wrote:

235kpa is definitely ok. In fact, currently I set my front tyres to 235, and back tyres to 225. I feel that the driving experience is better. The FC has improved as well. cheers
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 24th June 2009, 9:04 am

kenincf wrote:
nothing wrote:

235kpa is definitely ok. In fact, currently I set my front tyres to 235, and back tyres to 225. I feel that the driving experience is better. The FC has improved as well. cheers

Like to enquire why u pump front tyre pressure higher than back tyre? Paiseh, I really dunno lah Embarassed
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 24th June 2009, 9:11 am

add001 wrote:
kenincf wrote:
nothing wrote:

Like to enquire why u pump front tyre pressure higher than back tyre? Paiseh, I really dunno lah Embarassed

bcos front tires bearing more weight i.e. engine, yourself, etc...while like my case, usually rear empty so called front heavy rear light...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 24th June 2009, 9:18 am

add001 wrote:

Because your car engine is in front. Thus, your front tyres is supporting the weight of your car engine constantly. You can do an experiment on your car: set all the 4 tyres to 220. You will notice the outlook difference between front tyres and rear tyres.

If you set your front tyres pressure slightly highly than the rear tyres (taking into account the weight of your car engine), it will actually improve the overall car performance and FC. I tried it out and it appeared that it's true. thumbsup

Just my 2 cents. cheers
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 24th June 2009, 1:41 pm

I was re reading thru this thread and I find that some people actually do make excuses for performance lapses! No

It just boggles the mind. Sad

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 24th June 2009, 2:12 pm

As in?

K-Family wrote:I was re reading thru this thread and I find that some people actually do make excuses for performance lapses! No

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 24th June 2009, 2:38 pm

K-Family wrote:I was re reading thru this thread and I find that some people actually do make excuses for performance lapses! No

This post boggles the mind as well.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 24th June 2009, 5:19 pm

LOL!

Fortec wrote:

This post boggles the mind as well.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next