Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night?

+9
waypoint
bigbull
kapitan
ckpay
cboonh
nothing
fonefun610
ano57
K-Family
13 posters

Go down

Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night?

Post by K-Family 5th June 2009, 11:08 am

The only switch that lights upis the driver switch. The rest doesn't.

If this is correct, its bad design by Kia. Cutiing this corner does not save anything. No

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty Re: Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night?

Post by ano57 5th June 2009, 11:32 am

For vios and matrix & Latio (from what i know) all are the same leh....
Unless u DIY mod to include LEDs.....
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night? Empty Re: Why Window Switches Does Not Light Up at night?

Post by K-Family 5th June 2009, 11:38 am

ano57 wrote:For vios and matrix & Latio (from what i know) all are the same leh....
Unless u DIY mod to include LEDs.....

I know for sure the old Cerato had this feature. So Kia lowered their standards?

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 5th June 2009, 11:44 am

u gain some u loose some.... =_='''
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 5th June 2009, 12:33 pm

to make u feel special as the driver cos only ur window switch is lit. actually, i like this design, not as boring as all 4 light up. it's an aesthetic decision, not cutting corner.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 5th June 2009, 1:12 pm

fonefun610 wrote:to make u feel special as the driver cos only ur window switch is lit. actually, i like this design, not as boring as all 4 light up. it's an aesthetic decision, not cutting corner.

Aso....deska Ok

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 5th June 2009, 1:27 pm

all four light up very distracting...I prefer only at my side...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 5th June 2009, 2:18 pm

hahaa.. since we're on lights.. the old cerato actually have this slow dimming feature for the cabin lights. When you close the doors, the lights will slowly dim. i think that's quite a cool feature! Smile Any idea how to do that on our current light? Smile
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 5th June 2009, 2:24 pm

sorry, can i ask which window switch u all r talking now?? tongue

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 5th June 2009, 2:36 pm

cboonh wrote:hahaa.. since we're on lights.. the old cerato actually have this slow dimming feature for the cabin lights. When you close the doors, the lights will slowly dim. i think that's quite a cool feature! Smile Any idea how to do that on our current light? Smile

yea.. i'm thinking of this feature too. i wonder if can DIY? add a small RL circuit.. 8)

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 5th June 2009, 3:38 pm

just buy the cerato cabin light and replace the one in Forte..one to one replacement...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 5th June 2009, 4:12 pm

Have made an intense study into why only driver side light lit.... while driving, who needs to open the wind ow most? Other pax have only one switch to open their side of the window, but driver side got four. So you have come to a car park entrance/exit and you need to open window to pull coupon, insert card etc, in the dark, with all four switch lit up, you may mistaken press the wrong button, thus wasting your precious seconds.... then you press the driver's window and may inadvertably forget to close the other window that you had opened and parked the car. So, with only the driver button lit, the chances of making mistake is lessened.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 5th June 2009, 6:36 pm

Excellent logic.

But what happens when the Customs officier ask you to wind down the rear window to check any passengers?

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbull 5th June 2009, 7:16 pm

Forte is not the only car that only lit up for the driver's window, the current Civic is also the same. So the kimchi is the same as the sushi, at least for this.

Just like the handles above the doors; Only the driver dun have it, and the rest have them. The driver's two hands should be on the steering wheel. Hope this make sense yah for those who have doubts over the features for Forte.

Think it in this way, the amount we pay for the Forte is already worth the items and features we get, and many cannot be found in more expensive Jap cars, and u will feel better yah. Razz

bigbull

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 5th June 2009, 8:30 pm

The ole Mitsubishi Lancer GLX also didn't have lit power window switches...
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 5th June 2009, 9:07 pm

Why I choose Forte over other model mainly bcos it's value for money..at that price with all such features and its look, pretty hard to find another on par based on dollars and cents...why should one be bother or frustrated with their own buy when they know what they are getting in the first place, no point looking at all the negative aspects and make oneself unhappy, for my case, my windscreen cracked by itself and steering have rubbing sound but I am still happy with my ride and happy with my decision...not directing at anyone but just my thought.....move on and enjoy yr ride....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 5th June 2009, 9:59 pm

Forte beh pai , mai hiam liao....
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by dinkodink 5th June 2009, 10:58 pm

K-Family wrote:Excellent logic.

But what happens when the Customs officier ask you to wind down the rear window to check any passengers?

1)take the drivers switch(lighted) as a marker
2)slide two fingers backwards to the rear switches
3)middle finger will be onto the right rear wiondow switch, and index finger will be on left rear switch
4)practice this and u wont need to see any lights as ur guide in the future.

btw... if ICA officer ask you to wind down the rear window... normally, they will also ask u to switch on ur cabin light too...
just my 1W
8)
dinkodink
dinkodink

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 5th June 2009, 11:14 pm

K-Family wrote:The only switch that lights upis the driver switch. The rest doesn't.

If this is correct, its bad design by Kia. Cutiing this corner does not save anything. No

It's the same as the mazda 3.....

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 6th June 2009, 6:30 pm

i still dun understand wat this window switch light up is all about. nv c any light anywhere when i wind down the driver's window -_-"

can someone explain?

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down