Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

My Big Blue

+28
kysoong
longbow
leedevil
progresssively
andikong
Divine
kurttan
mighty meow
lawrenceke
pimp my ride
Siaoster
Kiang
waypoint
dubdew
joepele
Daniel^Bigcow
Juz@kid
Fortec
turbo4ev
Terrier
tish
Redbean
nothing
ozzie75
melburn
saturnz^83
greatgazoo
tiny
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My Big Blue - Page 2 Empty Re: My Big Blue

Post by waypoint 22nd August 2009, 2:34 pm

Passe nevermind. Worse, get labelled a wannabe!

tiny wrote:Don't want lah.. Gold is damn passe liao unless its a WRX.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 22nd August 2009, 2:52 pm

hahahahh...white rims..keke
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 23rd August 2009, 12:24 am

OK I've just done the front licence and rear licence plate. I think C&C screwed up with the licence plates. I simply swapped the front with the rear, what do you guys think?

My Big Blue - Page 2 6420_151729278503_765303503_3522234_61761_n

My Big Blue - Page 2 6420_151729263503_765303503_3522232_8080865_n

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 23rd August 2009, 12:25 am

And here's a comparison of bodykit vs no bodykit.
My Big Blue - Page 2 6420_151729268503_765303503_3522233_6898858_n

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 23rd August 2009, 12:27 am

Idea! Liddat also can, ah? =) thumbsup

tiny wrote:OK I've just done the front licence and rear licence plate. I think C&C screwed up with the licence plates. I simply swapped the front with the rear, what do you guys think?

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 23rd August 2009, 12:30 am

I found the original long plate on the rear was totally weird because of the huge amount of empty space at the bottom. And the stupid rattling was solved too while changing the plates, no more horrible rattling everytime i close the boot.

Best of all, I saved money on making extra plates. I just paid for the front plate garnish.. Very Happy

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 23rd August 2009, 12:34 am

Hm... See no difference Suspect Only the side skirt is obvious.

tiny wrote:And here's a comparison of bodykit vs no bodykit.
My Big Blue - Page 2 6420_151729268503_765303503_3522233_6898858_n
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 23rd August 2009, 7:02 am

tiny wrote:OK I've just done the front licence and rear licence plate. I think C&C screwed up with the licence plates. I simply swapped the front with the rear, what do you guys think?

where u got it done? with the new grill?
wat is the damage?
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 23rd August 2009, 9:43 am

i think it looks better with the numbers plates switch from the oEM position thumbsup

but then will it violate any traffic rules ?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 23rd August 2009, 2:53 pm

The licence plate garnish was $80, done at Wee (the shop mentioned in the other thread). The licence plates swap he did for me FOC, since already got the original plates. I don't think it violates any traffic rules. Those are original plates, LTA doesn't care about the shape of the plates as long they are within their 'square' and 'rectangle' dimensions with the correctly sized fonts.

What new grill? It's just a matt black sticker. Front and rear $45 only.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by pimp my ride 23rd August 2009, 3:37 pm

tiny wrote:The licence plate garnish was $80, done at Wee (the shop mentioned in the other thread). The licence plates swap he did for me FOC, since already got the original plates. I don't think it violates any traffic rules. Those are original plates, LTA doesn't care about the shape of the plates as long they are within their 'square' and 'rectangle' dimensions with the correctly sized fonts.

bro, the matt black sticker....can tel me the shop that do for u? Cos i wan do my chrome door handles as well as the rear chrome.
pimp my ride
pimp my ride

Back to top Go down

Post by pimp my ride 23rd August 2009, 3:44 pm

ingenious dude. that spells $aving$. wish i could do that with my opc plate when they install my BK
pimp my ride
pimp my ride

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 23rd August 2009, 4:17 pm

ahhaha..but backside abit emptpy hor..the extra space...
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 24th August 2009, 9:39 am

pimp my ride wrote:
tiny wrote:The licence plate garnish was $80, done at Wee (the shop mentioned in the other thread). The licence plates swap he did for me FOC, since already got the original plates. I don't think it violates any traffic rules. Those are original plates, LTA doesn't care about the shape of the plates as long they are within their 'square' and 'rectangle' dimensions with the correctly sized fonts.

bro, the matt black sticker....can tel me the shop that do for u? Cos i wan do my chrome door handles as well as the rear chrome.

I don't know the exact name of the shop, a friend brought me there. It's located at block 3015 Ubi Road, directly behind the FongKim Exhuast shop. The workshop has no signboard one because the actual sticker printing shop is at 3005.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 24th August 2009, 10:07 am

pimp my ride wrote:

you shld swap your handle with those EX fellows mah.. so no more chrome =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 24th August 2009, 10:29 am

chio chio bro! thumbsup
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by pimp my ride 24th August 2009, 11:53 am

tiny wrote:
pimp my ride wrote:

I don't know the exact name of the shop, a friend brought me there. It's located at block 3015 Ubi Road, directly behind the FongKim Exhuast shop. The workshop has no signboard one because the actual sticker printing shop is at 3005.

thanks dude, much appreciated!
pimp my ride
pimp my ride

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 24th August 2009, 2:55 pm

tiny u took the pics at the place where i met u last sat ar?? dat day i saw orange hello kitty theme forte too.. so cute.. hee
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by kurttan 24th August 2009, 3:02 pm

The front part is nice, very sporty look. But the rear is very empty and look a bit like our comfort taxi. Very Happy

kurttan

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 25th August 2009, 1:16 am

mighty meow wrote:tiny u took the pics at the place where i met u last sat ar?? dat day i saw orange hello kitty theme forte too.. so cute.. hee

oei meow meow dun hump my car ah =x hehe
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 25th August 2009, 1:27 am

mighty meow wrote:tiny u took the pics at the place where i met u last sat ar?? dat day i saw orange hello kitty theme forte too.. so cute.. hee

Yah. I took the pics about 100m down the road, there was some parallel parking there.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 25th August 2009, 1:28 am

tiny wrote:

Yah. I took the pics about 100m down the road, there was some parallel parking there.

ya bias only take blue colour.. hehe my cat too bright? ur camera cannot take it ah =x
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 25th August 2009, 1:33 am

Divine wrote:

oei meow meow dun hump my car ah =x hehe

Hey bro Divine, why don't you come by this 29 Sat DIY by the Kallang River. I saw you ride Photo and nicely decorated with the Hello Kitty theme. I would like to take some nice Pics of your Orange Kitty car.
Any chances! Very Happy
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 25th August 2009, 1:36 am

Nice one Tiny Very Happy
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 25th August 2009, 1:39 am

wah all nite owl man!! lolx uncle andy will try to make it btw its near kallang leasure park?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 25th August 2009, 1:41 am

hmm guess i will be going to meet u guys too hee... shall keep track on the date for the mu... ^^
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 25th August 2009, 1:43 am

2 cats n counting lolx =x
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 25th August 2009, 2:01 am

The backing of the number plate use back the original??

And what is a garnish?? Hehehe!! :-)

I only know how to garnish my food. Sorry for the ignorance. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by progresssively 27th August 2009, 12:00 am

with the body kit, do u have problem going through humps and sloppy carparks?

progresssively

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 27th August 2009, 1:17 am

Sorry to kapo...so far no prob for me..jus dat wen goin down slop jus slow down jus in case..(i almost kanna my front wen goin down slope at mcd)...cos i was goin abit fast...

Bigcow...garnish is the backing for the front carplate...the black thingy...

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by progresssively 27th August 2009, 1:20 am

hey leedevil,

so would u recommend to go for the bodykit(bk)?

or to save future trouble, to forgo the bk?

thanks

progresssively

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 27th August 2009, 1:23 am

Mmm...depends on individual..for me its free so i jus take...bt if u dun like e bodykit den can always add the front lip,side skirt and boot lip dat the forum is displaying..feel free to browse around for more pictures...for me im still ok with the bodykit..jus dat wen goin downslope and reversing tk extra caution..well in the end i still quite like the BK esp since its free...haha...

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by progresssively 27th August 2009, 1:35 am

hi leedevil,

i also love the BK. so wanna check with u guys if it is causing lotsa inconvenience.

just want to avoid all the repairs required if the BK causes self-inflicted accidents.

so u see no problem coming down n going up slopes from carparks?

progresssively

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 27th August 2009, 2:53 am

Mmm..so far no prob...jus remb dun cheong up or down the slope...jus take extra caution...actually the front has no reduce in height between the ground and bodykit...bt the back has a slight reduction...dats wat the boss of Mach told me when i was installing my BK..still tk extra caution is better den all those not necessary repair..cheers..

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 27th August 2009, 3:05 am

Yes the bodykit with the wide numberplate looks nicer than with the short one.
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 27th August 2009, 9:34 am

I had scratched the bottom of my front BK a couple of times going down multistory carparks if I drive too fast, but the bottom of the BK is the black plastic part, it's quite tough..just abit of scratches, no visible damage from the front. I believe the front lip does lower the car by about 2cm.

The rear too. Reverse parking back into most HDB kerbs is no problem provided the car isn't fully loaded. Even without bodykit, you can't reverse the rear bumpers over the kerb if the car has 3 or more people in it. It'll scrap the exhuast box.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 27th August 2009, 9:42 am

bro, where to do the matt black sticker? btw... the square no. plate reminds me of the Japanese moustache... grin
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 27th August 2009, 9:45 am

I posted it above liao wat.
"I don't know the exact name of the shop, a friend brought me there. It's located at block 3015 Ubi Road, directly behind the FongKim Exhuast shop. The workshop has no signboard one because the actual sticker printing shop is at 3005."

Yah I also agree..hahaha but no choice, the blue colour sticker they had at the shop is slightly lighter in tone to our car's colour. I think it is meant for suzuki swift's blue.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 27th August 2009, 9:58 am

okie... so it's the same shop... tks! Smile
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 27th August 2009, 10:16 am

tiny wrote:I posted it above liao wat.
"I don't know the exact name of the shop, a friend brought me there. It's located at block 3015 Ubi Road, directly behind the FongKim Exhuast shop. The workshop has no signboard one because the actual sticker printing shop is at 3005."

Yah I also agree..hahaha but no choice, the blue colour sticker they had at the shop is slightly lighter in tone to our car's colour. I think it is meant for suzuki swift's blue.

That is Johnson sticker.... quite well known amongst the enthusiasts...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by progresssively 27th August 2009, 11:55 am

tiny wrote:I had scratched the bottom of my front BK a couple of times going down multistory carparks if I drive too fast, but the bottom of the BK is the black plastic part, it's quite tough..just abit of scratches, no visible damage from the front. I believe the front lip does lower the car by about 2cm.

The rear too. Reverse parking back into most HDB kerbs is no problem provided the car isn't fully loaded. Even without bodykit, you can't reverse the rear bumpers over the kerb if the car has 3 or more people in it. It'll scrap the exhuast box.

so from what i understand, the back part of the BK should not have much problems coming to HDB reverse parking?
and when going up and coming down carpark slopes, we should just travel at a lower speed to prevent/reduce scratching the BK?

what about normal road humps? any problems at the front and center of the BK when driving over the humps??

correct me if i'm wrong fellow forte-ians!!

progresssively

Back to top Go down

Post by progresssively 27th August 2009, 11:57 am

leedevil wrote:Mmm..so far no prob...jus remb dun cheong up or down the slope...jus take extra caution...actually the front has no reduce in height between the ground and bodykit...bt the back has a slight reduction...dats wat the boss of Mach told me when i was installing my BK..still tk extra caution is better den all those not necessary repair..cheers..

so from what i understand, the back part of the BK should not have much problems coming to HDB reverse parking?
and when going up and coming down carpark slopes, we should just travel at a lower speed to prevent/reduce scratching the BK?

what about normal road humps? any problems at the front and center of the BK when driving over the humps??

correct me if i'm wrong fellow forte-ians!!

progresssively

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 27th August 2009, 6:47 pm

No problems driving down carpark slopes, just need to slow down abit otherwise the front suspension compress too much from the sudden change in direction and the front lip might scratch. Reverse parking also no problem provided you do not have a few Moby **** sitting in the car. (Actually even without bodykit, reversing into kerbs will scratch the muffler box if the car is overloaded). Normal Road Humps also no problem..I don't even slow down.

In fact I'm still planning to lower my car somemore.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by progresssively 27th August 2009, 7:10 pm

tiny wrote:No problems driving down carpark slopes, just need to slow down abit otherwise the front suspension compress too much from the sudden change in direction and the front lip might scratch. Reverse parking also no problem provided you do not have a few Moby **** sitting in the car. (Actually even without bodykit, reversing into kerbs will scratch the muffler box if the car is overloaded). Normal Road Humps also no problem..I don't even slow down.

In fact I'm still planning to lower my car somemore.

Hi Tiny,

Thanks for the advise. so i guess from all these feedback. the problem is only with slopes for BK front

anyone got a picture of his scratched BK front, to show an example of the impact of travelling on slopes?

thanks

progresssively

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 27th August 2009, 7:28 pm

You won't see the scratch on the BK one, it's on the botom part where it faces the road. It's normal on all the bodykits unless you are driving a jeep.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by progresssively 27th August 2009, 7:31 pm

tiny wrote:You won't see the scratch on the BK one, it's on the botom part where it faces the road. It's normal on all the bodykits unless you are driving a jeep.

okok..thanks..

i am afraid that the scratch is along the corners of the front BK, which makes it visible...

ok...getting the BK is a good idea then...

anyone got good advise on where to get cheap and nice white rims?

progresssively

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 27th August 2009, 11:10 pm

Dunno can DIY swapped the front with the rear number plate? Question
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 27th August 2009, 11:16 pm

yes can diy
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Melfiend 30th August 2009, 6:37 pm

good idea,dude! thumbsup
Melfiend
Melfiend

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 30th August 2009, 8:37 pm

Divine wrote:yes can diy

can you briefly tell us how can it be done. what type of tools is require?
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next