Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Who would be at fault? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Who would be at fault? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Who would be at fault? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Who would be at fault? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Who would be at fault? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Who would be at fault? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Who would be at fault? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Who would be at fault? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Who would be at fault? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Who would be at fault?

+9
kapitan
lawrenceke
whitechoco
Paranoid_7
Terrier
keigo
Xenthias
JuanST
patsy
13 posters

Go down

Who would be at fault? Empty Who would be at fault?

Post by patsy 18th February 2010, 9:35 am

I was driving down Claymore Hill turning left to Stevens Road yesterday, I was the first car waiting for the light to turn green. Once the light turned green, I moved forward to turn left then had to jam break because this merc beat the red light and was speeding down the road. Luckily my friend was in the car with me and he shouted for me to stop, otherwise I would have hit him smack right in the middle of his car. Good thing I wasn't going fast as I had come from a stationary position.

But if I had hit him, who would have been at fault? I am very very sure the turning light was green.

Just for info only.... never ever want a repeat!
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

Who would be at fault? Empty Re: Who would be at fault?

Post by JuanST 18th February 2010, 9:45 am

unless it is captured unequivocally that he is beating red light...it will be 50/50...

in this case, get witnesses other than ur passenger to prove that urs is green and his is red......

better if there is a red light camera....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th February 2010, 9:50 am

if it is 50/50, u lose.....his car far more expensive than urs....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenthias 18th February 2010, 9:52 am

u have to have evidence he beat the red light. if so u should be 100% rite. if not....then its rather debutable

Xenthias

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 18th February 2010, 9:53 am

correct.. in this case you will need some witnesses to prove that when you move off it is green light.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 18th February 2010, 9:54 am

In this case, if you are hitting the merc rear.. then you are at fault.. because there's no specify evidence of him beating red light..

now LTA have deploy multiple CCTV near cross junction traffic lights.. if there's such accident occurs.. then lookout for this camera and report LTA to replay it and claim against insurance..

if you did not see such camera, then u will be at the losing end.. depending the driver admit is his fault and he pay for his dmg and u pay for his dmg or he fully point the blame on u and claim 100% thru u..

afraid of such incident, then install blackbox.. it does helped in such incident and u can 100% claim against him Who would be at fault? Icon_biggrin
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by patsy 18th February 2010, 10:25 am

I would have hit his front left side, not back, if I didn't break in time.... good thing i was going slow then!
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 18th February 2010, 10:26 am

in traffic rules.. any car turning must give way..

in your scenario if without evidences or eye witness.. and your car is turning.. means you are still in the losing end

always remember "Right Hand Rules"
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th February 2010, 10:29 am

good thing u didnt go to 100km/hr in 11secs..... Who would be at fault? Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by patsy 18th February 2010, 10:29 am

I would have hit his front left side, not back, if I didn't break in time.... good thing i was going slow then!
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paranoid_7 18th February 2010, 10:39 am

Base on Barometer Of Liability Agreement. Cars turning will be at fault, although traffic light is in your favour. Cos the other party might be write that when he pass by the traffic was ember.

http://www.gia.org.sg/pdfs/Barometer%20of%20Liability%20Chart%20v3%20dated%201%20Jun%2008.pdf
Paranoid_7
Paranoid_7

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenthias 18th February 2010, 10:52 am

however, its a controlled x junction. if its always the turning car at fault, no one will bother abt the traffic lights since pple turning will be scared/intimidated? Who would be at fault? Icon_study

even at traffic ember, the car should not be speeding as he should be already at slow speed.....

juz my 2cents hehe

Xenthias

Back to top Go down

Post by Paranoid_7 18th February 2010, 11:26 am

Yah, I agree with you to that. Cars shouldn't be speeding when approaching traffic lights, but ultimately its driver who decide. Who would be at fault? Icon_geek

That link I gave is the chart where all insurance will base on if an accident happen. Believe me some of them are not fair. Final advice is if an accident do happen try to get an eye witness, not the person in the car. As for Patsy liability is on him.
Paranoid_7
Paranoid_7

Back to top Go down

Post by patsy 18th February 2010, 11:34 am

oh well.. guess have to continue to be more alert
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 18th February 2010, 11:39 am

so scary... better go slow.. hehee.. and alert yes.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 18th February 2010, 3:46 pm

can i ask a qn here too?

if merging lanes, yr car is faster and ahead of the other car merging 2 lanes to 1 and this slower car instead of slowing down, speeds up and bang yr car at the side.. who's at fault? the faster one or the slower car?
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Paranoid_7 18th February 2010, 3:49 pm

50/50

Reason: Both party do not want to give way. Base on BOLA Chart Figure 18.
Paranoid_7
Paranoid_7

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th February 2010, 3:50 pm

lawrenceke wrote:can i ask a qn here too?

if merging lanes, yr car is faster and ahead of the other car merging 2 lanes to 1 and this slower car instead of slowing down, speeds up and bang yr car at the side.. who's at fault? the faster one or the slower car?

give way to car on the right.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 18th February 2010, 4:11 pm

kapitan wrote:

give way to the car at the right even if he is half a car length slower than me? if i slow down, become road hog leh.. Who would be at fault? Icon_neutral
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th February 2010, 4:12 pm

lawrenceke wrote:
kapitan wrote:

give way to the car at the right even if he is half a car length slower than me? if i slow down, become road hog leh.. Who would be at fault? Icon_neutral

have patience and give way, you will feel better.... if you step more on your accelerator, you get angry... what's losing a few seconds....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th February 2010, 4:24 pm

kapitan wrote:
lawrenceke wrote:
kapitan wrote:

have patience and give way, you will feel better.... if you step more on your accelerator, you get angry... what's losing a few seconds....
by road merging rules.... whoever is ahead has the right of way... but if i am ahead and the fellow beside me accelerate...and if it is an iffy situation, i will slow down and let him pass.... no point spending too much moolah on a side collision which will definitely be 50-50 judgement. safety or pride.... safety wins....

especially if the other fellow is driving a bus or a lorry.....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 18th February 2010, 5:20 pm

i encounted 2 times at the same merging road. once was a modded suzuki swift driven by a malay, i was ahead of him by 3/4 car length, signaled and was half into the merging lane then he just horn me n nearly hit my back.. i slow down n let him pass.. he was on the same route to my hse. followed him far and noticed him driving recklessly. regretted giving way to him..
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th February 2010, 5:23 pm

lawrenceke wrote:i encounted 2 times at the same merging road. once was a modded suzuki swift driven by a malay, i was ahead of him by 3/4 car length, signaled and was half into the merging lane then he just horn me n nearly hit my back.. i slow down n let him pass.. he was on the same route to my hse. followed him far and noticed him driving recklessly. regretted giving way to him..

u did the right thing..... dun regret.... if he wants to die... he can die alone.... no need for u to accompany him....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 18th February 2010, 5:50 pm

lawrenceke wrote:i encounted 2 times at the same merging road. once was a modded suzuki swift driven by a malay, i was ahead of him by 3/4 car length, signaled and was half into the merging lane then he just horn me n nearly hit my back.. i slow down n let him pass.. he was on the same route to my hse. followed him far and noticed him driving recklessly. regretted giving way to him..

Is that necessary.... Who would be at fault? Suspect
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 18th February 2010, 5:51 pm

Install an in car camera... will save a lot headaches explaining....
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by Paranoid_7 18th February 2010, 7:19 pm

I agree. Juz give way. Dun eva feel regret. At least your car is safe from accident. Who would be at fault? Icon_biggrin
Paranoid_7
Paranoid_7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dummyhalf 18th February 2010, 7:48 pm

drive carefully...lots of unreasonable drivers out there
Dummyhalf
Dummyhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 19th February 2010, 10:48 am

if u really want to be right, then be on the "right side" of the merging lane Who would be at fault? Icon_cyclops

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 19th February 2010, 10:49 am

patsy wrote:I was driving down Claymore Hill turning left to Stevens Road yesterday, I was the first car waiting for the light to turn green. Once the light turned green, I moved forward to turn left then had to jam break because this merc beat the red light and was speeding down the road. Luckily my friend was in the car with me and he shouted for me to stop, otherwise I would have hit him smack right in the middle of his car. Good thing I wasn't going fast as I had come from a stationary position.

But if I had hit him, who would have been at fault? I am very very sure the turning light was green.

Just for info only.... never ever want a repeat!

make sure all the cars have stopped at the traffic light before moving off from turning lane. Who would be at fault? 332362

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by iseethesun 20th February 2010, 10:25 am

It's sad that sometimes not our fault but still pay the price for their reckless driving.

Video Car maintenance Guide:

http://www.mobilpac.com

iseethesun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down