Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1

+12
longbow
boklsg
cpt_zr
miko komi
JuanST
Godson
daniu82
Forte002
ForteBoy
hanxiang87
kapitan
j1eann1e
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1

Post by j1eann1e 17th February 2010, 12:23 pm

Hi everyone... I'm a newbie, just passed driving, first new car, etc. Hence very inexperienced with what to do after an accident. I was totally stunned when it happened.

So I was driving pass a multi-storey carpark at telok blangah, a toyota was coming out of MSCP. He didn't brake when I'm right infront of him. He banged my driver door. Whole door is out of alignment now.

My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Banged11

The thing is, this guy he came out immediately told me to go to his workshop cos he owns a carworkshop. Cos he banged my side, I didn't come out to take photo as I could not open my door. My dad, mom and younger bro was with me. The guy asked me to move my car infront cos got other cars behind.

He passed me his name card, I called his HP to double check if its really him. TT's ALL. No photo, no statement, no IC. My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Kopfschuettel

Am I 'screwed'?

Also, I SMSed him on CNY Day 2, he did call back, say he will order a new door from C&C, it will cost abt $400+, and he will spray color. All this can be done in half a day. I did ask if he is ordering a new door or 2nd hand door, he say my model so new dont have 2nd hand, so of cos new model.

Please let me know if it sounds reasonable? He sounds like a reasonable man, so I really wanna give him the benefit of the doubt, but alot of people are like saying I'm screwed.

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty Re: My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1

Post by kapitan 17th February 2010, 12:26 pm

what's your and the Toyota car numbers???/

It wendnesday you know.... Smile
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Empty Re: My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1

Post by hanxiang87 17th February 2010, 12:30 pm

So he is footing the bill right?
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by ForteBoy 17th February 2010, 12:37 pm

let me guess .... u were vivisting telok blangah the temple there rite ??
ForteBoy
ForteBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 17th February 2010, 12:44 pm

noo... i was visiting my relatives at a HDB area... he said he is footing the bill... i'll be repairing at his workshop for free...

everything is verbal. should be no problems? anything to look out for during the repair? My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 699370

haha.. u wanna buy? its 212 & 9154.. my 212 always sold out...

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 17th February 2010, 12:50 pm

j1eann1e wrote:noo... i was visiting my relatives at a HDB area... he said he is footing the bill... i'll be repairing at his workshop for free...

everything is verbal. should be no problems? anything to look out for during the repair? My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 699370

haha.. u wanna buy? its 212 & 9154.. my 212 always sold out...

good at least u have his registration number... just go ahead and repair.... asap... at his workshop.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 17th February 2010, 12:58 pm

yap.. like wat bro kap said.. just go ahead and replace at his workshop.
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 17th February 2010, 1:54 pm

tried buying 1212 ... but sold out.... added 1 for 1 door, added in front of 212 becos of front door... let's see if I bang wall tonight...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 17th February 2010, 2:01 pm

LOL! 0212, 2102 and 2012 sold out too. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz only managed to buy 2120. My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 316913

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 17th February 2010, 2:04 pm

hanxiang87 wrote:yap.. like wat bro kap said.. just go ahead and replace at his workshop.

he say his msian workers not back so soon... earliest is this Sat morning... else he proposed Monday... now if rain the water will go inside my car My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_pale poor baby...

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 17th February 2010, 5:33 pm

Actually from the way I look at it if he is coming out from MSCP, he should be in the wrong especially if the impact is on your door.

We are required to report to our insurance no matter how small the accident is. But there is no real benefits for doing that usless you want to claim his insurance until "jialat jialat". But to warn you that if he turned around and claim against you. You maybe at the losing end for not reporting to the insurance.

I suggest that you inform him that if he want you to do at his workshop, to sign a black and white that he is in the wrong but you are willing to settle at his workshop for self settlement without insurance. This will prevent him from turning around and do anything not to your benefit.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 17th February 2010, 5:47 pm

thanks! will do just that Smile

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 17th February 2010, 7:09 pm

Hi TS, I saw your car at NUS carpark 2A just now.... The damaged door sure looks bad..... U working or studying there??

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by Godson 17th February 2010, 10:11 pm

Hi j1eann1e,

Pls make sure you obtained a "black & white" from the guy, stating that he will foot the repair bill and would not claim your insurance. This is to "safeguard" yourself.

From past experience...

j1eann1e wrote:thanks! will do just that Smile
Godson
Godson

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th February 2010, 10:58 pm

did u file accident report oredi?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by miko komi 18th February 2010, 12:18 am

Pls take photo of your door. Take a close up shot on the scatches with the other car paint mark. If possible keep some of the paint mark in a clean plastic bag, for evident / testing if the other party turn around.
miko komi
miko komi

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 18th February 2010, 12:55 am

Haha..

well... my car also kena. i parked my car outside my hse covered up nicely and parked nicely. Come back from my grandma hse after a few days

some *** hole hit and run my car.. the door got abit scuff marks and deep paint cut though its small.. i feel the pain.. damnit.

bloody no integrity mother$kers.
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 18th February 2010, 2:56 pm

daniu82 wrote:Hi TS, I saw your car at NUS carpark 2A just now.... The damaged door sure looks bad..... U working or studying there??

r u the blue forte? or the new bronze forte? My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_biggrin

I'm working there...

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th February 2010, 3:04 pm

j1eann1e wrote:
daniu82 wrote:Hi TS, I saw your car at NUS carpark 2A just now.... The damaged door sure looks bad..... U working or studying there??

r u the blue forte? or the new bronze forte? My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_biggrin

I'm working there...

your numbers are not very good.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 18th February 2010, 3:04 pm

miko komi wrote:Pls take photo of your door. Take a close up shot on the scatches with the other car paint mark. If possible keep some of the paint mark in a clean plastic bag, for evident / testing if the other party turn around.

hmm no paint mark... can't see with naked eye maybe? anyway it just rained My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Suspect

the uncle called me again just now. he also stay at CCK, he will lead me to Sin Ming on sat morning.
think he's quite a nice chap bah... but will ask him nicely to sign the B&W still...

How to know whether he used original paint or not?

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 18th February 2010, 3:05 pm

kapitan wrote:
j1eann1e wrote:

I'm working there...

why? what do they mean? its just meant to look pretty.

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th February 2010, 3:09 pm

j1eann1e wrote:
kapitan wrote:
j1eann1e wrote:

I'm working there...

why? what do they mean? its just meant to look pretty.

not good bcos never come out in 4D yesterday....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 18th February 2010, 3:38 pm

tsk. lol. my number came out 4 times since december 2009 lor..

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by boklsg 18th February 2010, 3:54 pm

Hi...Just my thought..

isn't it better to go back CNC for the repair and claim his insurance?

I dont think he can spray back exactly the same color of your.

boklsg

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 18th February 2010, 4:00 pm

yes it is better.. but i didn't ask that from the start.. and i didn't get his signature all that, so if i demand that now, he can turn his back against me and say he didn't bang me.. esp if he has already fixed his own car.. My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_rolleyes

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by boklsg 18th February 2010, 4:12 pm

Maybe you can call your insurance company and ask is it posible to

claim first...

boklsg

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 18th February 2010, 4:38 pm

j1eann1e wrote:

I'm working there...

I am the bronze forte, same colour as u.... I feel heart pain for u leh, mine got small dents and scratches then I heart pain liao....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 18th February 2010, 5:22 pm

haha i just parked opposite u today Smile we must be colleagues! judging from your softtoys.... u're female too?

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th February 2010, 5:25 pm

walau, i better remove all my soft toys.... later gonna be asked if am female..... My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_evil
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th February 2010, 5:26 pm

JuanST wrote:walau, i better remove all my soft toys.... later gonna be asked if am female..... My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_evil

u so gay... hahhahaaaaa
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th February 2010, 5:27 pm

kapitan wrote:
JuanST wrote:walau, i better remove all my soft toys.... later gonna be asked if am female..... My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_evil

u so gay... hahhahaaaaa

ahhhhhhh the secret is out!!!!!!!! My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 18th February 2010, 5:35 pm

This kind of accident very smelly one, straight away come intro you to his workshop. There are people who go around banging other cars so that the workshop that they work for can claim the repair insurance and make money. Incase you didnt know...... My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_silent
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 18th February 2010, 5:40 pm

tts what my bro said... lol. he looked so non-chalent as though its a daily affair for him.

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 18th February 2010, 5:59 pm

hmm.. do u have his car plate no.?

Dont think C&C have stock for a door now in such rush timing after holiday..

if they mentioned is new door.. do stayput in his workshop and see him replaced a new door.. else u wont know he just hammer and putty back..

mind to share which workshop name and address? PM me if u feel unsafe...
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 18th February 2010, 6:06 pm

why would i feel unsafe? is it not legal to post it? actually i felt safe posting it, now i dont feel safe hahaha.

yes, i have his carplate number. ya I'm going to watch him do it.

it's a workshop @ Sin Ming Rd. "Yap Motor Repair Service EM1 Auto Trade".

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 18th February 2010, 6:11 pm

ic.. at least u should feel safe if he is from the car workshop.. better than some others dont willing to pay and trying to squeeze his way out..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 18th February 2010, 6:17 pm

ya... i guess Smile

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by Duser 18th February 2010, 6:27 pm

Sorry to hear about the incident .Do keep us posted on the outcome.

Duser

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 18th February 2010, 7:07 pm

j1eann1e wrote:haha i just parked opposite u today Smile we must be colleagues! judging from your softtoys.... u're female too?

I am working in the opposite building (T Lab)..... My sis placed tat soft toy there and btw I am a guy.... Lolz...

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 18th February 2010, 10:06 pm

keep us update bro..
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 18th February 2010, 10:35 pm

i believe she's sis not bro~
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 18th February 2010, 10:53 pm

Terrier wrote:i believe she's sis not bro~

erm.. sister =P
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by Godson 18th February 2010, 11:39 pm

haha =)
Godson
Godson

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 19th February 2010, 10:34 am

yes sister.. even tho no soft toys in car... hehe My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 Icon_tongue

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 20th February 2010, 11:18 am

go back to CnC to repair and claim insurance. don't believe in that guy's workshop, whatever. things cannot be so good in reality.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 21st February 2010, 12:38 pm

so how is it sis? ur door repaired?
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 22nd February 2010, 1:19 pm

hey everyone~~~ My door has been repaired, I think they have done a good job Smile

Daniu82 can help verify? haha.

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 22nd February 2010, 2:06 pm

Congrats on the repair.
And to the Toyota owner (a real gentleman) My Forte kena banged by a Toyota on CNY Day 1 332362
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by j1eann1e 22nd February 2010, 2:16 pm

yaaa hehe he's a nice person! i asked him to sign the B&W form for formality sake.. then he laughed and say, he pay for everything by right I shd sign, not him. but he signed la..

So if you guys want to go to his workshop, let me know? I can intro him to u?

I checked how much they charge to respray whole car.. his worker say abt $700+. Not sure how good is that rate.

j1eann1e

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 22nd February 2010, 2:18 pm

j1eann1e wrote:yaaa hehe he's a nice person! i asked him to sign the B&W form for formality sake.. then he laughed and say, he pay for everything by right I shd sign, not him. but he signed la..

So if you guys want to go to his workshop, let me know? I can intro him to u?

I checked how much they charge to respray whole car.. his worker say abt $700+. Not sure how good is that rate.

maybe he see you a pretty lady and so evrything do good for you....

for us guys... whack jialat jialat....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next