Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in..

+20
JayJ
dandeana21
myforte
eraser
Juz@kid
impact2001
greatgazoo
nofears
Leonard
ForKia
astroboy28
keigo
BluRz
nothing
PillowER
ano57
graysgerald79
tish
kapitan
lawrenceke
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in..

Post by lawrenceke 21st May 2009, 10:47 am

Hi Guys,

I am collecting my car tomorrow noon, just an enquiry. SX(A) 1.6 model comes with Alarm? I know they have remote lock and unlock system but not sure got alarm anot..

If bo alarm, did u guys did up the alarm? I was thinking of getting bro greatazoo's alarm system but $380.. dirt expensive.. any other good 2 way alarm system to intro?

Gam Xia deep deep! Laughing
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty Re: Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in..

Post by kapitan 21st May 2009, 10:54 am

No alarm, and don't see a need for it.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Empty Re: Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in..

Post by lawrenceke 21st May 2009, 11:05 am

kapitan wrote:No alarm, and don't see a need for it.....

wahh.. yr car so many bling bling.. sure attract alot of onlookers.. later pple break in to steal yr bling bling.. how? Very Happy
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st May 2009, 11:10 am

I am fortunate in that my car is normally parked at private car parks... kekkekee.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st May 2009, 11:23 am

hmm. if install a alarm, i was thinking to mod our stock sx remote, but it should void warranty right
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 21st May 2009, 11:38 am

No alarm?? I tot by default all cars will have an alarm system?

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 21st May 2009, 11:39 am

Normally... in contract for automobile, any tampering of OE equipments voids the warranty indefinitely. No need to think too much liao.. hehehe
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by PillowER 21st May 2009, 12:20 pm

Really? Fix alarm for the car will void the warranty?
PillowER
PillowER

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 21st May 2009, 12:34 pm

Oh... paiseh.. bit mis-leading..
Tampering with the electronics, engine stuff inclusive.
Normally they will tell you if you include in option, the Dealer will honour ( do it outside anything happens that leads to failure of the car will NOT put them in any responsiblity) In a way is jus want you to get stuff from them la. =_=.....
Seldom i hear install alarm liao will kok up the whole car....
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 21st May 2009, 12:51 pm

ano57 wrote:Normally... in contract for automobile, any tampering of OE equipments voids the warranty indefinitely. No need to think too much liao.. hehehe

So tat's means i cannot fix alarm? then bro greatazoo's car warranty void huh?? confused
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st May 2009, 12:59 pm

can fix alarm lah..not an issue with warranty...there r many alarms out there in the market...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 21st May 2009, 1:28 pm

asking for recommendations mah.. Razz
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by BluRz 21st May 2009, 1:58 pm

Having alarm system is a good thing esp if u like to go touring with your car...
I think if having the alarm on both the car and key remote will be best.!~ At least u are aware if ppl tamper your car
BluRz
BluRz

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 21st May 2009, 2:32 pm

BluRz wrote:Having alarm system is a good thing esp if u like to go touring with your car...
I think if having the alarm on both the car and key remote will be best.!~ At least u are aware if ppl tamper your car

tat's y must do a 2 way alarm mah.. Laughing
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st May 2009, 3:17 pm

I had been looking at various 2 ways alarm and so far ZMC 2 way alarm seem the more of the completed one and reasonable pricing and I had been talking and discussion with them this and that. And from what I'm been informed, ZMC told me that they are trying to work some good deal with our mod and offer special deal for us forte member.

So if you guy interested, maybe we can do a Mass order and try to get a good price.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 21st May 2009, 3:19 pm

my SE recommend me nt to install alarm lay. he had s few customers who go n install e alarm and hav prob with e car. i forget what prob liao but that wat he recommend me
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st May 2009, 3:21 pm

astroboy28 wrote:my SE recommend me nt to install alarm lay. he had s few customers who go n install e alarm and hav prob with e car. i forget what prob liao but that wat he recommend me

So far I never see in forum or heard from anyone who install alarm the car got problem one lei...

Your SE trying to earn your $$ issit? You try ask your SE if ask him install for you how much.. I can bet he will try give you this price and maybe try offer you a discount and try asking you to install it. lol!
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st May 2009, 5:46 pm

lol! Alarm is really a safety. i should be getting 1 too.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ForKia 21st May 2009, 6:25 pm

I'd just book my car and understand from my SE the remote does not come with alarm and he will give me FOC. Try ask your SE for it.

ForKia

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 21st May 2009, 6:34 pm

my car is collecting tmr.. how can ask freebies after u signed on the dotted line?? anyway looking at ZMC alarm.. don quite like the design of the remote.. if it is something like bro greatazoo remote at ZMC price.. won't it be great?!!
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by ForKia 21st May 2009, 6:39 pm

My SE is giving me the Cheetah alarm, he say it's expensive type. Don't know how truth?? Did you heard of Cheetah alarm before??

ForKia

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 21st May 2009, 6:55 pm

lols ..
the brother of Jaguar car is it ?

_|_
i hear the name oso feel funny .
sounds lyk CHEEEpo alarm .
no offense yeah ..
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st May 2009, 7:04 pm

lawrenceke wrote:my car is collecting tmr.. how can ask freebies after u signed on the dotted line?? anyway looking at ZMC alarm.. don quite like the design of the remote.. if it is something like bro greatazoo remote at ZMC price.. won't it be great?!!

bro zoo remote is a 1 way remote... so totally different from a 2 way remote. If you go look around most of the 2 way remote look around the same as ZMC..

So far the best design 2 way remote that I saw is MMR-50. But the cost is coming to $500
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Zn502-main
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nofears 21st May 2009, 9:39 pm

2-way alarms are the way to go, just need to make sure you get a good shop to install it, based on user's recomendations. I had a lot of problems last time from my old car even with installation from the agent cause I think they are not experienced enough to do it.

nofears

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 21st May 2009, 9:58 pm

keigo wrote:I had been looking at various 2 ways alarm and so far ZMC 2 way alarm seem the more of the completed one and reasonable pricing and I had been talking and discussion with them this and that. And from what I'm been informed, ZMC told me that they are trying to work some good deal with our mod and offer special deal for us forte member.

So if you guy interested, maybe we can do a Mass order and try to get a good price.

i am quite keen.. well, is there warranty for the alarm? i wan to do flip keys leh.. can ZMC remote do into flip key?
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st May 2009, 10:18 pm

wow, I do like the two-alarm remote, but come to think of it, I don't drive outside SG and I felt that SG is a safe country which a one way alarm will do. Remote battery no need to change so frequently also. That's why after consideration, i do the one-way alarm and save some money on accessories Razz
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st May 2009, 10:23 pm

lawrenceke wrote:
keigo wrote:I had been looking at various 2 ways alarm and so far ZMC 2 way alarm seem the more of the completed one and reasonable pricing and I had been talking and discussion with them this and that. And from what I'm been informed, ZMC told me that they are trying to work some good deal with our mod and offer special deal for us forte member.

i am quite keen.. well, is there warranty for the alarm? i wan to do flip keys leh.. can ZMC remote do into flip key?

The alarm come with 1 yr warranty. Sorry till date I never find any 2 ways alarm that have flip key.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 21st May 2009, 10:26 pm

keigo wrote:
lawrenceke wrote:

The alarm come with 1 yr warranty. Sorry till date I never find any 2 ways alarm that have flip key.

haizz.. good things doesn't come smooth.. :-( I tink i do flip key will do.. then normal alarm..
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st May 2009, 10:33 pm

If this remote can't attach the key, then how do we carry the key?
If this is the case, I will do a push/start buttom for the ignition then I no need to carry key liao Razz
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st May 2009, 10:34 pm

greatgazoo wrote:wow, I do like the two-alarm remote, but come to think of it, I don't drive outside SG and I felt that SG is a safe country which a one way alarm will do. Remote battery no need to change so frequently also. That's why after consideration, i do the one-way alarm and save some money on accessories Razz

Well before the incident I will think the same as you but even since my dad car still gatta break in even he park in the multi story car park beside a walk way where quite a long of people will walk by.

I believe a good safety alarm is the way to go.

Lastly the most impt factor is weather the 2 ways alarm is durable or not. Yes I know the product have 1 yr warranty but warranty to me does not mean much cause if a product is durable and good even without warranty I have no worry. But if the product suck even give me 10 yr warranty after a few time the thing break down I will confirm turn it away.

So far I'm looking at MMR-50 which is korea make so for durable it is trustable. As for ZMC Spy which is China make I dont know it is durable or not.

I had seem already of good review on ZMC 2 ways alarm so think should be quite safe enough.

So comparing the kind of response I got from both company, so far ZMC seem more friendly and fast in reply.

Lastly the price and again ZMC win cause china product afterall is still cheaper then korea product.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st May 2009, 10:36 pm

greatgazoo wrote:If this remote can't attach the key, then how do we carry the key?
If this is the case, I will do a push/start buttom for the ignition then I no need to carry key liao Razz

lol! of coz the remote have a hole to attach the keys.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st May 2009, 10:39 pm

keigo wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:If this remote can't attach the key, then how do we carry the key?

lol! of coz the remote have a hole to attach the keys.

errr... you mean like a metal ring or chain to hold the key? Then it's like downgrade the design of the remote.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 21st May 2009, 10:42 pm

hahaha.. i agree.. save $ way is just normal alarm intergrate into flip key.. cheap cheap
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 21st May 2009, 10:57 pm

Hi guys... i working with ZMC to give a speical promotion deal.. will post the details later soon.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 21st May 2009, 10:59 pm

impact2001 wrote:Hi guys... i working with ZMC to give a speical promotion deal.. will post the details later soon.

lol! seem like both of us are asking zmc around the same time...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by ForKia 22nd May 2009, 9:15 am

Wow there's this alarm but in Aust and I wonder if my SE really can find one here. Anyone fix with this alarm? Can share more info.

Cheetah 380i - Basic Remote Alarm/Immobiliser
Forte SX(A) Owners.. Please come in.. Cheetah-380i
Optional Functions:
Optional Sensors:
Central Locking Glass Breakage
Anti-Hijack * Microwave
Boot Release Ultrasonic
Turbo Modification Shock
Window Lift Tilt

ForKia

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 22nd May 2009, 9:58 am

Mission Impossible Razz
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 25th May 2009, 3:21 am

keigo wrote:
lawrenceke wrote:my car is collecting tmr.. how can ask freebies after u signed on the dotted line?? anyway looking at ZMC alarm.. don quite like the design of the remote.. if it is something like bro greatazoo remote at ZMC price.. won't it be great?!!

bro zoo remote is a 1 way remote... so totally different from a 2 way remote. If you go look around most of the 2 way remote look around the same as ZMC..

So far the best design 2 way remote that I saw is MMR-50. But the cost is coming to $500

bro,, i dun noe who/where u get e price of e MMR-50. $500 is ex. ive check wif Soon Lee Audio House in Geylang n they quote me $350 for e alarm n charge $80 for installation wic takes bout 2hrs to instal. e shop ppl told me to look for a guy name Kelvin(supplier) for cheap price. last month there was diz promo for diz particular group buy n diz group pay only $350 including installation. $350 for a 2 way car alarm made in korea n using US technology is dirt cheap.
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 25th May 2009, 10:59 am

Juz@kid wrote:
keigo wrote:

bro,, i dun noe who/where u get e price of e MMR-50. $500 is ex. ive check wif Soon Lee Audio House in Geylang n they quote me $350 for e alarm n charge $80 for installation wic takes bout 2hrs to instal. e shop ppl told me to look for a guy name Kelvin(supplier) for cheap price. last month there was diz promo for diz particular group buy n diz group pay only $350 including installation. $350 for a 2 way car alarm made in korea n using US technology is dirt cheap.

bro... you already say 350 + 80 = $430 which is coming to $500 as I mention. If $350 include installation then maybe can consider. But don't forget they are still ex cause why, the package only come with 1 remote with display and another remote without any display.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 25th May 2009, 1:13 pm

Juz@kid wrote:
keigo wrote:

Which forum offer this group buy? i am keen leh.. cheap n good.
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 25th May 2009, 6:46 pm

I suggest you guys buy 2 way remote with a range further than 3km. 1-2km range remote can display in glass cabinet if your carpark is far or you live in high floor or your area has alot of big trees blocking direct visual of the carpark. Status of car will not be updated in your remote which defeats the purpose of the 2 way alarm.

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 25th May 2009, 9:41 pm

eraser wrote:I suggest you guys buy 2 way remote with a range further than 3km. 1-2km range remote can display in glass cabinet if your carpark is far or you live in high floor or your area has alot of big trees blocking direct visual of the carpark. Status of car will not be updated in your remote which defeats the purpose of the 2 way alarm.

Any recommendations or some brands that u had installed?
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 26th May 2009, 12:58 am

Did not install this but friends kept talking abt pageguard and crimestopper.

Could try this link below. Range is ~5km

http://www.zmc.com.sg/product.php?catID=2&category=Two%20Way%20Car%20Alarm

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 26th May 2009, 9:14 am

my previous 2 ways remote USA brand but made in China....very good range...I park at MSCP but stay 16th Storey, remote on the study desk, when kana, still can receive alert....I think the brand call Eco or something like dat....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 26th May 2009, 10:35 am

this is very useful when someone drive his car and had an accident with ur car.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by myforte 26th May 2009, 1:56 pm

Hi....this is my first posting on this forum. Just placed an order last Sunday and estimated to get my metal bronze forte in mid July. This is so exciting!

Saw on the ad online that forte has the "push start" feature but i din see it on the models in the showroom in Spore. Is it not applicable here? Anyone knows?

myforte

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 26th May 2009, 2:08 pm

myforte wrote:Hi....this is my first posting on this forum. Just placed an order last Sunday and estimated to get my metal bronze forte in mid July. This is so exciting!

Saw on the ad online that forte has the "push start" feature but i din see it on the models in the showroom in Spore. Is it not applicable here? Anyone knows?

eeehh... SG dun hv this feature... like wat ppl ask me why dun hv.. i always tell them the driver seat is on the left hand side in the advertisement.. so applicable to other countries but not here.. tongue
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by myforte 26th May 2009, 2:14 pm

Thanks dandeana21! Anyway, doesn't affect me...love my forte more each day even though I haven't got the car yet. Ha ha.....

myforte

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 26th May 2009, 3:23 pm

dandeana21 wrote:
myforte wrote:Hi....this is my first posting on this forum. Just placed an order last Sunday and estimated to get my metal bronze forte in mid July. This is so exciting!

eeehh... SG dun hv this feature... like wat ppl ask me why dun hv.. i always tell them the driver seat is on the left hand side in the advertisement.. so applicable to other countries but not here.. tongue

Only applicable to AUzzie.....
the ad was made there anyway... .BLuff our $$.. hahah
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 26th May 2009, 3:47 pm

myforte wrote:Thanks dandeana21! Anyway, doesn't affect me...love my forte more each day even though I haven't got the car yet. Ha ha.....

ano57 wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:

Only applicable to AUzzie.....
the ad was made there anyway... .BLuff our $$.. hahah

just to clear the air with the info i got from my se ,
they didnt bluff our money if the se said there is no push start button, the advertisement wasnt from SG. The push start button is only for 2 liters without sunroof. C&C SG decided to take in sunroof over the push start.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next