Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme!

+6
qbear
alpineccm
joepele
forte3737
liplip
myfx888
10 posters

Go down

DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme!

Post by myfx888 25th January 2010, 11:44 am

Never thought of waiting till this Saturday DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Icon_cry Can save few dollars . If 2.0L then should wait, can save more.

Anyone converted like me ?

myfx888

Back to top Go down

DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty Re: DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme!

Post by liplip 25th January 2010, 12:18 pm

How many dollars of difference you think it would make?

I am more curious about when it takes effect from the time you applied. Will driving on the roads this Saturday bring you trouble since you applied today? What if you cannot use the car until next Saturday if you applied this Friday...

liplip

Back to top Go down

DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Empty Re: DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme!

Post by forte3737 25th January 2010, 12:50 pm

myfx888 wrote:Never thought of waiting till this Saturday DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Icon_cry Can save few dollars . If 2.0L then should wait, can save more.

you are not fit to own a car.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 25th January 2010, 1:00 pm

The conversion should be instant right? Anyone knows?

At first I was thinking to convert on the first Saturday that I will drive out before 3pm, tried the new conversion tools on onemotoring and noted that the 12 days of difference equated to only $5 difference in tax... $5 not worth it to carry the worry if the conversion is instantaneous or not... might prefer to do it earlier...

If you take 12days-$5 to extrapolate to $20 (a coupon's price), you would have to skip 7 Saturdays before you convert..., but you zero the saving once you use a coupon.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by myfx888 25th January 2010, 1:12 pm

forte3737 wrote:
myfx888 wrote:Never thought of waiting till this Saturday DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Icon_cry Can save few dollars . If 2.0L then should wait, can save more.

Believe me! I was anticipating reply like yours. Good try.

My main purpose is to save money for others since I have overlooked.

Better keep the money than to give LTA for nothing.

Of course I am anticipating some b*stards to say " ya lah, you stupid.

Anyway thanks. This is internet, you can expect all kinds of remarks.

Just that our "Lions" cannot understand that. They expect "sheeps" like us must always call mehhhhh..and no other voices.

Last edited by myfx888 on 25th January 2010, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

myfx888

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 25th January 2010, 1:22 pm

I think they calculate by the number of weekends that is left from this week onwards and not by the number of days.
e.g. 48 weeks till end of the year
vs
31 dec 2010 minus 25 Jan 2010.

However, having said that... I guess if you dun plan to use your OPC this sat... maybe you may wanna consider converting it when you do need it...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by myfx888 25th January 2010, 1:33 pm

My conversion shows the new road tax is effective today till 24 May 2010 which is my original expiry date of the old road tax.

I paid $100 admin fees plus additional $64 to convert for the period of 25 Jan 2010 till 24 May 2010.

I think the new annual road tax for 1.6 L Forte is $240 for revised OPC scheme.

myfx888

Back to top Go down

Post by alpineccm 25th January 2010, 1:51 pm

I think to say that someone is not fit to own a car just because of a concern of a few dollars is quite uncalled for. A few dollars may seem irrelevent in the big scheme of paying for the ownership of a car, but it may be deemed to be of great importance, even if it is a single cent.

To say that only not so well to do people who may struggle to own a car will concern themselves with every dollars is also wrong. I wouldn't be surprise to find even millionaire will haggle over a few dollars. As what some had mentioned, a few dollars can buy you a plate of chicken rice already. Every dollar save can go a long way.
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 25th January 2010, 3:01 pm

A millionaire should haggle over a few dollars... it is not easy to reach millionaire status and stay there if you spend money too willingly.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by qbear 25th January 2010, 5:13 pm

I am sticking to the old scheme coz I hardly drive on Sat morning...

Cheers to all that convert and enjoy the Sat AM drive
qbear
qbear

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 25th January 2010, 5:28 pm

Thanks for sharing the information guys, since it's instantly captured and im no hurry to use the car on sat, i will wait till the sat tat i need to use the car den convert..

Good sharing TS! DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! 332362
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 25th January 2010, 5:57 pm

qbear wrote:I am sticking to the old scheme coz I hardly drive on Sat morning...

Cheers to all that convert and enjoy the Sat AM drive

now all who converted must wake up early and drive out to make sure got roi...... DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Icon_razz
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 25th January 2010, 6:12 pm

forte3737 wrote:

hahahahhahaha funny.

P.s.: I have an OPC by the way.
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 25th January 2010, 6:29 pm

Good reminder by TS! DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! 332362

i am dreaming of how nice it will be for those who have the mentality "nevermind lah, just a few dollars only!" donating these few dollars to me...

Hmm... then i can get more poisons!! DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Icon_twisted
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 25th January 2010, 11:14 pm

myfx888 wrote:
forte3737 wrote:

Believe me! I was anticipating reply like yours. Good try.

My main purpose is to save money for others since I have overlooked.

Better keep the money than to give LTA for nothing.

Of course I am anticipating some b*stards to say " ya lah, you stupid.

Anyway thanks. This is internet, you can expect all kinds of remarks.

Just that our "Lions" cannot understand that. They expect "sheeps" like us must always call mehhhhh..and no other voices.

of course i can understand that you are trying to save. please let us know how much is the savings

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by myfx888 26th January 2010, 12:43 am

forte3737 wrote:

of course i can understand that you are trying to save. please let us know how much is the savings

I can remember HK tycoon Lee kah Shin ever said, he can donate millions
of dollars but if he sees a coin on the floor, he will pick it up.

Does
not matter how much I can save as I have already converted. If my post
can help some of them save few dollars, that means LTA have fewer extra
dollars from us. Many of us are not happy with the $100 admin fee, so
why must we pay the extra few dollars if we don't have to ??

I
have already made a mistake, I don't want others to follow my foot
steps since there is no need to convert until may be Friday or Saturday
morning or even best until you feel like converting.

Don't feel bad even if you are, I was even told that "Having a OPC car must as well don't buy car !!"

At the end of the day, as said in Cantonese " If you eat salted fish, then you must be able to endure the thirst"

Cheers !! DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Icon_biggrin DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Icon_biggrin DON'T CONVERT TILL THIS SATURDAY !!Revised OPC scheme! Icon_biggrin

myfx888

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down