Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Sportronic Gear Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Sportronic Gear Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Sportronic Gear Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Sportronic Gear Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Sportronic Gear Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Sportronic Gear Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Sportronic Gear Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Sportronic Gear Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Sportronic Gear Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Sportronic Gear

+17
waypoint
longbow
alpineccm
fonefun610
yeufui
FriesL
kqkhlj
Daniel^Bigcow
Blacks
KingJerry
Potatoes
ace
alex86
Kailong
jl1500k
ong
Forte899
21 posters

Go down

Sportronic Gear Empty Sportronic Gear

Post by Forte899 7th November 2009, 10:53 am

Hi Bros/Sis,
Can I know how to operate the Sportronic gear for EX (A)?
Some queries here:

1) While going up steep slope when car is weak, what gear should I switch to (-) or (+) ?
2) Once switch over, must I hold the gear lever at (-) or (+) while still accelerate or release it? notice that it will spring back.
3) At what condition (-) and (+) gear can be applied?

Hope can have some advise on the application. Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Sportronic Gear Empty Re: Sportronic Gear

Post by ong 7th November 2009, 11:00 am

me too i also blurred dont dare to use yet
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 7th November 2009, 11:58 am

Check Here

sportronic gear bascally is manual override.

When you go genting you need to engage sportronic gear when going up and down slope. Hardly use in SG unless you want to overtake someone in sec. Sportronic Gear Icon_twisted
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by Kailong 7th November 2009, 12:24 pm

IMHO, the sportronic gear is just another option for driver who want to have extra control over the auto transmission.

going up genting, you can step harder on accerator and the car will definetaly go up, but those who want to drag or over take, will want to use the sport gear to hold on the the respective gear and not wanting the gear to up and lose torque in the auto mode during the over taking.

both are still control by electronic, try for yourself, sport gear 4, then don't do anything to roll stop, it'll auto drop to 3, then 2, then 1...

still. its auto mode!!!

Kailong

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 7th November 2009, 1:32 pm

Problem is today I was driving towards ECP Changi direction flyover from beach road, my car drag very slow up, so no choice try using the sportronic (-) but notice that the lever will spring back to the center dunno is it how it works. Advise from bros here. Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by alex86 7th November 2009, 1:40 pm

Just to share my way of riding.
When i want more power when moving off traffic lights, i'll engage sportronic @ gear 1 untill i rev till 3k RPM then (+) to gear 2 till 3k RPM then to gear 3. Normally use gear 3 to reach 80-90 kmph.

On a side note,
(-) means down gear
(+) means up gear

When u shift from (D) mode to sportronic mode, u will see wad gear ur car is in. Then I normally shift 1 gear down for steep slope or overtaking Sportronic Gear Icon_smile

When u shift it down, it is normal to spring back.

Is it harmful for my gear to keep using sportronic?

alex86

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 7th November 2009, 2:11 pm

alex86 wrote:Just to share my way of riding.
When i want more power when moving off traffic lights, i'll engage sportronic @ gear 1 untill i rev till 3k RPM then (+) to gear 2 till 3k RPM then to gear 3. Normally use gear 3 to reach 80-90 kmph.

On a side note,
(-) means down gear
(+) means up gear

When u shift from (D) mode to sportronic mode, u will see wad gear ur car is in. Then I normally shift 1 gear down for steep slope or overtaking Sportronic Gear Icon_smile

When u shift it down, it is normal to spring back.

Is it harmful for my gear to keep using sportronic?

Bro,
Thanks for ur info. but where to see wad gear I'm in? and when first shift to (-) do you need to release the lever or hold it? next how to go gear 2, 3 and 4 is it need to push to (+) 3 times? so sorry very blur lah. Sportronic Gear Icon_redface

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 7th November 2009, 2:27 pm

The display is in one of dash meter where you see the letter D when you are on auto.....SX is on the right meter, not sure of EX.

When you shift to manual, the 1 2 3 4 whatever gear will be shown there.

Don't need to hold, just tap/push it once for each gear and let go.

By the way, if the car has not reach a certain speed for gear 3 or 4, you can't push it up with + in my SX, I've tried it and it came back down. The other difference I noticed when I was fooling around with it, is that if you are in 4th gear and slowing down, it kick down gradually itself. Don't have to do anything.

Other than that, you just drive it as if you are driving a manual.

Now you can go and practice.... Sportronic Gear 256379

Er...somewhere where there is nobody.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by alex86 7th November 2009, 2:29 pm

the gear number can see on the same place u see (D, N, R, P)

When u shift to Sportronic, (D) will be replace by the gear number

EG:
1. u start with gear 1, accelerate till 2.5k RPM.
2. u shift to (+), it will bounce back. You're in gear 2 now. accelerate again till 2.5k RPM.
3. U shift to (+), it will bounce back again. You're in gear 3 now.

alex86

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 7th November 2009, 2:47 pm

alex86 wrote:the gear number can see on the same place u see (D, N, R, P)

When u shift to Sportronic, (D) will be replace by the gear number

EG:
1. u start with gear 1, accelerate till 2.5k RPM.
2. u shift to (+), it will bounce back. You're in gear 2 now. accelerate again till 2.5k RPM.
3. U shift to (+), it will bounce back again. You're in gear 3 now.

For start at gear 1 it is shift to (-) then subsequently push every up gear(+) to 4th gear, and when need to down gear so pull back to (-) am I rite? paiseh Sportronic Gear Icon_redface

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 7th November 2009, 2:57 pm

I experimented with the sportsronic for about a month - thinking that it would improve my FC. It does a little. My wife is against me using this feature Sportronic Gear Icon_evil cos it defeats the purpose of having buying AUTO. If want to use sportsronic and have control our the car - rather switch to MANUAL car.

Now I am back to AUTO.... don't have to think about which gear u r at when driving....ha ha... Sportronic Gear 332362
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 7th November 2009, 3:05 pm

I wonder any bros/sis here experience the car drag going up slope? coz today my car seem to have these problem going up at "D" mode ( bo lak ), any advise how to overcome this. Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by alex86 7th November 2009, 3:50 pm

Forte899 wrote:I wonder any bros/sis here experience the car drag going up slope? coz today my car seem to have these problem going up at "D" mode ( bo lak ), any advise how to overcome this. Thanks

i always encounter this same problem as you. Just simply use Sportronic and down 1 gear. much smoother

alex86

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 7th November 2009, 4:08 pm

alex86 wrote:
Forte899 wrote:I wonder any bros/sis here experience the car drag going up slope? coz today my car seem to have these problem going up at "D" mode ( bo lak ), any advise how to overcome this. Thanks

i always encounter this same problem as you. Just simply use Sportronic and down 1 gear. much smoother

When you shift down 1 gear do you need to release the accelerator alittle and depress again? or just continue depress the accelerator all the way.

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by alex86 7th November 2009, 4:13 pm

I normally release slightly den press again Very Happy

I tried changing without releasing. my car just jerked a little.

alex86

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 7th November 2009, 4:19 pm

Just depress the acelerator more when approching the slope if you want to use D mode. That why now a day auto gear came with sportronic to overcome those steep road condition.

With a Sportronic transmission, this process is "semi-automatic" the driver can manually shift the transmission into the appropriate gear and this is done with an electronically controlled assist. To engage the "sportronic" option, the driver need only move the car's shifter into a special "gate" that is set off to the side of the "D" option in the gear selection box.

A "+" and "-" sign indicate to the driver a higher or lower gear selection. The driver need only push the shifter forward (+) to move up to a higher gear, and pull the shifter back (-) to shift to a lower gear.

If the RPMs reach the engine's red line, or if they drop below a certain point and the driver does not shift into the next appropriate gear, the car's computer will automatically shift the transmission to avoid damaging the engine from over-revving or to prevent the car from stalling because of the RPMs dropping too low.

Hope this all help. Next just practice and try out yourself. Maybe started in the stationary straight road condition first.

Last edited by jl1500k on 7th November 2009, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 7th November 2009, 4:25 pm

Thanks all bros for your advice. Will try out to find out more of sportronic feel Sportronic Gear Icon_biggrin .

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 7th November 2009, 4:59 pm

When in D mode, if you want a sudden surge in speed.. let go of your accelerator and then step hard on it.

You will will a lag of like 1/2 a second then suddenly your car will go ZOOOM!
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 8th November 2009, 6:25 am

alex86 wrote:I normally release slightly den press again Sportronic Gear Icon_biggrin

I tried changing without releasing. my car just jerked a little.

Do u mean when u r in "D" mode saying rev around 2.5, can change to "sportronic" mode? but at this point, should we put to "+" or "-"? Sportronic Gear Icon_scratch

Would it cause the gear to spoil easily if we change from "D"(Auto mode) to to "sportronic" (Semi auto mode)? Sportronic Gear Confused
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by alex86 8th November 2009, 1:46 pm

if you need more power, go 1 gear down meaning, tap towards (-).

Whether it will spoil easily, i have no idea but i've been using it for past 1 month Smile Hopefully nothing goes wrong. *touchwood*

alex86

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 8th November 2009, 11:53 pm

Hi to all those asking on the Gear. Have you ever drove a manual gear car before?

For me It is easier to understand from experience. Though driving A/T now, I still LOVE the M/T (Not in traffic JAM).
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 9th November 2009, 10:53 am

Hahaha!! :-)

If you can drive Manual, you can use this Gear. It works on the same theory. Just different way of engaging the gear. :-)

Most important this is, you gotta play with it and familiarize yourself with it. :-)

All of you never play those racing arcade games before?? Those that came after Daytona?? Hahaha!! Those (+) annd (-) gear ones?? Hehehe!! Or is it cos you all play using Auto mode all the time?? :-)

Hehehe!! Anyways, just play with it for a while, soon you will get the hang out it. Its just fun to play with it when you are driving alone and you're bored and you have a clear road to play with. Then when you a bit more confident, it does help whilst trying to overtake. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 9th November 2009, 1:26 pm

using sports is fun, i wait until the engine gives out some screaming sound then i change gear and its powerful.

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 9th November 2009, 4:23 pm

Switching from manual car.. to auto..now so use to the convenience.. haaa.. at time switch to sports mode.. but never get use to the shifting... worry may spoil GB..haaa....

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 9th November 2009, 5:11 pm

I think it should be ok for the gearbox. Should be designed to take the constant switch from auto to the sports mode. :-)

Designer for audi rite?? Audi has had this dual mode for quite some years already. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 28th November 2009, 1:50 am

haa.. think of the good thing for this override is the it takes cares of the extreme end.. i am sure it drop gears at lower rpm... but someone actually mentioned it up gears too.. on high rev... like 5~6k!!.. Sportronic Gear 332362

Anyone tested??

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by yeufui 28th November 2009, 2:33 am

another feature of this manual overide is that u can use engine brake more and brake pad less this will really helps in general or when u are constantly downhill to prevent your brake pad from getting overheated

yeufui

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 3rd December 2009, 10:11 am

FriesL wrote:haa.. think of the good thing for this override is the it takes cares of the extreme end.. i am sure it drop gears at lower rpm... but someone actually mentioned it up gears too.. on high rev... like 5~6k!!.. Sportronic Gear 332362

Anyone tested??

This is new to me!! Hmm....my next trip to KL I shall try!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 3rd December 2009, 10:27 am

thumbsup

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 3rd December 2009, 10:42 am

my observations,

if u need speed, let go of the pedal then step again.

if u want to go up slope (eg. carpark) and no car behind u and u lazy to switch to sportronic, just brake to a crawling speed, gear will drop automatically, then step pedal and up u go!

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 5th December 2009, 4:27 pm

still waiting for bro daniel test..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 10th December 2009, 11:49 pm

Yet there's more control and power driving the Manual gear car.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by alpineccm 11th December 2009, 11:09 am

Manual FTW! Sportronic Gear Lol Power is nothing without control Sportronic Gear Icon_pirat
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 13th December 2009, 1:44 am

Hope there'll be 400hp forte.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 13th December 2009, 4:28 am

I know that the downshifts are automatic even when on steptronic, but upshift at high rpms? I was at 5k+ rpm just now and it did not shift up
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 13th December 2009, 8:06 am

And just of curiosity, does the Forte auto gear-box have an 'hidden' 5th gear when you remain in auto mode and the revs/speed are high enough? E.g. highway cruising? This 'hidden' gear, apparently, cannot be reached if in Steptronic mode.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 13th December 2009, 10:17 pm

Aei I won't want to try, not worth blowing my engine lol
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 14th December 2009, 3:16 pm

waypoint wrote:And just of curiosity, does the Forte auto gear-box have an 'hidden' 5th gear when you remain in auto mode and the revs/speed are high enough? E.g. highway cruising? This 'hidden' gear, apparently, cannot be reached if in Steptronic mode.

during the last Kia car seminar, someone did ask abt the 5th gear...the "expert" says no 5th gear for Kia cars at the moment...so, in a way it might have answer ur query
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 14th December 2009, 6:59 pm

=) Thanks.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by aryanz82 16th December 2009, 2:30 am

have been reading the posts....I am going to convert to the AT soon and the only thing that makes me more than willing to give up the Manual power and feel is the sportstonic gearing.

Just to check, am I right to say that I can still treat this car as a manual car (w/o the clutch n w only 4 gears) ? does engine braking apply to this semi auto function as well? (engine braking have helped save me from near "kisses" before) and is it ok to use the +/- all the way like those in the arcades.(except for Tjams) ? Smile
aryanz82
aryanz82

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 16th December 2009, 8:50 am

aryanz82 wrote:have been reading the posts....I am going to convert to the AT soon and the only thing that makes me more than willing to give up the Manual power and feel is the sportstonic gearing.

Just to check, am I right to say that I can still treat this car as a manual car (w/o the clutch n w only 4 gears) ? does engine braking apply to this semi auto function as well? (engine braking have helped save me from near "kisses" before) and is it ok to use the +/- all the way like those in the arcades.(except for Tjams) ? Smile

engine braking definitely apply when u engage sportronic... as for whether ok to use +/- all the way, think shld be ok but not sure whether will save FC or not...
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by lordhawk 16th December 2009, 9:32 am

aryanz82 wrote:have been reading the posts....I am going to convert to the AT soon and the only thing that makes me more than willing to give up the Manual power and feel is the sportstonic gearing.

Just to check, am I right to say that I can still treat this car as a manual car (w/o the clutch n w only 4 gears) ? does engine braking apply to this semi auto function as well? (engine braking have helped save me from near "kisses" before) and is it ok to use the +/- all the way like those in the arcades.(except for Tjams) ? Sportronic Gear Icon_smile

Mine ride is A/T, and I'm doing what you described (usually when I feel 'sporty'). For regular driving, jams and less mental strain (after a long day, say), leaving it on 'D' is probably less stressful. I like sportstronic for quicker pickup and throttle response.

If you're converting from Manual it may take some getting used to. Initially I kept shifting up when I wanted to shift down and vice versa. Need to reorient your driving instincts a little. But after a while should be ok.
lordhawk
lordhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Seth1 21st December 2009, 12:48 pm

sportronic imo is more for holding revs lah, like when you do a hard corner, and you don't wanna use brake, let go of the throttle when ur at high revs to use the engine brake.

or if you wanna drag gears till high revs. but to be honest, when you floor, you achieve the same results
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down