Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Car Insurance Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Car Insurance Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Car Insurance Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Car Insurance Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Car Insurance Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Car Insurance Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Car Insurance Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Car Insurance Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Car Insurance Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Car Insurance

+16
leo
eraser
graysgerald79
fonefun610
vanilor
Terrier
NightAngler
dandeana21
impact2001
melburn
tish
ReDeViL
nothing
ano57
Fortei
amerimacka
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Car Insurance Empty Car Insurance

Post by amerimacka 5th May 2009, 12:32 pm

Hi guys,

My SE just called and quoted me 3.3k for my motor insurance from AIG which I thought is like WOW. Ok, on paper I've got only 13 days of driving experience and I'm in my 30 this year. I've booked the SX Auto so I need some advice from you guys here, is it advisable to go ahead with the AIG he quoted or should I source for others?

I've already submitted to http://www.sgcarinsurance.net/index.php for a new quote. If I do get a lower quote, is it possible for me to change? silent

My SE told me to go with the AIG first on paper for the next coming biding and then he will try to source for others which I do not know if he might.

Please advice. affraid
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Car Insurance Empty Re: Car Insurance

Post by Fortei 5th May 2009, 1:39 pm

3.3K !!! so expensive... are u first time buyer of a car and u got 0% NCD? P Plate?

I think the first yr u bo bian have to stick to AIG, on the second yr then u can choose ur preferred insurance company.

Ur SE might just wan to con u into securing the deal first... to what i know they got AIG only... correct me if im wrong...
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 5th May 2009, 1:55 pm

i think he is ripping off you.
I checked mine is 1.8++K ..... 31-35 cat....
Cannot be so high one la...
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 5th May 2009, 2:04 pm

Fortei wrote:3.3K !!! so expensive... are u first time buyer of a car and u got 0% NCD? P Plate?

I think the first yr u bo bian have to stick to AIG, on the second yr then u can choose ur preferred insurance company.

Ur SE might just wan to con u into securing the deal first... to what i know they got AIG only... correct me if im wrong...

Yeah, that is correct. First time and 0% NCD with the bloody P. So guys, should I? Embarassed
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 5th May 2009, 2:05 pm

if yr licence is less than 1 year plus falls within the age group of 35 and younger, it's consider high risk driver....insurance will be sky high due to recent hike...ask for multiple quotes....besides AIG, Aunty lucy is one on CnC list...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 5th May 2009, 2:20 pm

i'm 28 this year and the SE at Ubi quoted me 2400++, license for almost 3-4 years already but 0% NCD...is this considered high???
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 5th May 2009, 2:43 pm

I saw the list from the Sales Exec..... 21-25,26-30 and 61 above ... all is 2.4k+++ ...

Its with 0% NCD leh 1.8K ++ for mine ... turning 32 soon
Ok... license got it bac kin 2001 though.
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 5th May 2009, 3:00 pm

amerimacka wrote:Hi guys,

My SE just called and quoted me 3.3k for my motor insurance from AIG which I thought is like WOW. Ok, on paper I've got only 13 days of driving experience and I'm in my 30 this year. I've booked the SX Auto so I need some advice from you guys here, is it advisable to go ahead with the AIG he quoted or should I source for others?

I've already submitted to http://www.sgcarinsurance.net/index.php for a new quote. If I do get a lower quote, is it possible for me to change? silent

My SE told me to go with the AIG first on paper for the next coming biding and then he will try to source for others which I do not know if he might.

Please advice. affraid
13 days of driving experience? hmm not sure if that is really the diff, Im 30 and 10 yrs driving exp with 0% NCD is costing me 2.2K AIG by C&C, take note 2nd yr u can buy insurance outside with is very much cheaper.... But for 1st insurance, die die from C&C which is also good in 1 way coz if u total lose ur vehicle, AIG will give u a free car of the same type back, but take not of increament in access. Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 5th May 2009, 4:55 pm

Just check with my SE, my premium with AIG is 1.3K with 20% NCB...bcos kana accident 3 yrs back....if not now should be at least 50% NCB... Neutral but at least if touch wood, AIG still have 1 to 1 replacement if beyond repair for 1st yr...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 5th May 2009, 5:12 pm

Fortei wrote:3.3K !!! so expensive... are u first time buyer of a car and u got 0% NCD? P Plate?

Not really true coz i know SEs who can source outside insurance instead of AIG coz i encountered 1 of them. Very Happy
I believe it really depends on the SE whether to help or not.

For me AIG quoted 2.7k, 3yrs driving exp no ncd age 26.
So i tink for p-plate is ard there 3.3k, dun tink the agent can cheat u on the insurance pricing coz AIG is fixed.

Last edited by melburn on 5th May 2009, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 5th May 2009, 5:13 pm

tish wrote:13 days of driving experience? hmm not sure if that is really the diff, Im 30 and 10 yrs driving exp with 0% NCD is costing me 2.2K AIG by C&C, take note 2nd yr u can buy insurance outside with is very much cheaper.... But for 1st insurance, die die from C&C which is also good in 1 way coz if u total lose ur vehicle, AIG will give u a free car of the same type back, but take not of increament in access. Very Happy

So bro, it's advisable to go with them then? affraid
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 5th May 2009, 5:17 pm

amerimacka wrote:
tish wrote:13 days of driving experience? hmm not sure if that is really the diff, Im 30 and 10 yrs driving exp with 0% NCD is costing me 2.2K AIG by C&C, take note 2nd yr u can buy insurance outside with is very much cheaper.... But for 1st insurance, die die from C&C which is also good in 1 way coz if u total lose ur vehicle, AIG will give u a free car of the same type back, but take not of increament in access. Very Happy

So bro, it's advisable to go with them then? affraid

I think u forgot something very important, ur SX is 1.6L or 2.0L?
It makes a huge difference.
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 5th May 2009, 5:21 pm

melburn wrote:I think u forgot something very important, ur SX is 1.6L or 2.0L?

SX 1.6L A ne. What a Face
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 5th May 2009, 5:27 pm

amerimacka wrote:
melburn wrote:I think u forgot something very important, ur SX is 1.6L or 2.0L?

SX 1.6L A ne. What a Face

I believe it depends on hw much u like the car liao, coz if u buy other brands also from AIG so also ard there.

Or mayb ur SE really can help u get a cheaper insurance but i guess the most would be ard 100-200 cheaper but without the new car on total loss thingy. It all depends on whether u tink is worth it.

Just my 2 cents

Very Happy
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 5th May 2009, 10:33 pm

Urs 2 L? Mine 1.6SX already 2.4k..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 12:25 am

eeehhh??? my insurance is not wif AIG wor.. my SE gave me the one call China Insurance Co (Singapore) leh.. and wif my NCD and OPC discounts, i paid oni 600+ leh....
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by NightAngler 6th May 2009, 12:26 am

SX 1.6 A
AIG KIA Auto Protector
Driver restricted to age >40
Excess $600 (additional $3000 if driver is elderly >65, young <23 & drivers with <2 yrs driving experience)
Myself >10 yrs driving experience
0% NCD (not driving for the last 5 yrs)
Premium paid $1570 on 25 Mar 2009

NightAngler

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 6th May 2009, 12:29 am

dandeana21 wrote:eeehhh??? my insurance is not wif AIG wor.. my SE gave me the one call China Insurance Co (Singapore) leh.. and wif my NCD and OPC discounts, i paid oni 600+ leh....

Mine with AIG leh, SE say they got AIG only, kena conned !!!! Btw, whats ur NCD % and OPC discounts, i need to pay $850++ o
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 6th May 2009, 12:40 am

Fortei.. some SE follow the company procedure nv closely.. some just do their way.. AIG is sub-contract with KIA, that is why SE will first priorty them and if SE find other insurance agent for u.. what if there's fault with the insurance.. who will u claim with??

Beside that, since AIG provide first year 1 to 1 total loss.. Its a good offer where other insurance company does not provide.

I will suggest go with AIG for the first year den follow up with other insurance company after that. Anyway usually AIG first year insurance is very exp, subsequent year will be getting cheaper unless u claim your premium before.

I uses my dad name to buy car and insurance.. he's is 1.9k and mine is 2.4k. I got my license for 9years already and this is my first car.. so i rather throw my insurance to my dad and use that balance $$ to pay for road tax =). Transfer his NCD in future when buy new car again!
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 6th May 2009, 12:44 am

Terrier wrote:Fortei.. some SE follow the company procedure nv closely.. some just do their way.. AIG is sub-contract with KIA, that is why SE will first priorty them and if SE find other insurance agent for u.. what if there's fault with the insurance.. who will u claim with??

Beside that, since AIG provide first year 1 to 1 total loss.. Its a good offer where other insurance company does not provide.

I will suggest go with AIG for the first year den follow up with other insurance company after that. Anyway usually AIG first year insurance is very exp, subsequent year will be getting cheaper unless u claim your premium before.

I uses my dad name to buy car and insurance.. he's is 1.9k and mine is 2.4k. I got my license for 9years already and this is my first car.. so i rather throw my insurance to my dad and use that balance $$ to pay for road tax =). Transfer his NCD in future when buy new car again!

oh... thanks for the explainations... i got my dad's NCD too... nw super duper high NCD.. but still pay $800+ premium.. sian!!
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 6th May 2009, 12:48 am

hehe how u check the NCD?? sorry i still abit noob with insurance thingy.. just know what they are doing.. but the process, NCD and etc i not sure..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 6th May 2009, 12:49 am

check with ur current insurance company lo... they know one...
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 12:50 am

Fortei wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:eeehhh??? my insurance is not wif AIG wor.. my SE gave me the one call China Insurance Co (Singapore) leh.. and wif my NCD and OPC discounts, i paid oni 600+ leh....

Mine with AIG leh, SE say they got AIG only, kena conned !!!! Btw, whats ur NCD % and OPC discounts, i need to pay $850++ o

my NCD is 50% and OPC discount is abt $300.. i din noe got discount for OPC leh.. 1st time heard of it.. my NCD is actually transferred from my dad's as well..

was wondering how they know if you hv been driving a car for a few years but the car doesn't belong to u leh??
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 6th May 2009, 12:52 am

so NCD is transferrable to another person?? (e.g. Dad transferred to me.. i take the NCD and buy a new car with it..) Can it be done??
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 12:55 am

I think so.. not sure leh.. for my case, it's different... forgot to tell u tt my dad passed on liao.. so when i transferred the old car to my name, the insurance co did the transfer of the NCD to me.. so when i got the forte, the NCD follows me oso..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 6th May 2009, 12:59 am

But.. NCD followed the person name not car eh.. that makes me very confused lolz

see here: NCD

So is the source there reliable?? anyone explain more details to me..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 6th May 2009, 1:03 am

dandeana21 wrote:
Fortei wrote:

my NCD is 50% and OPC discount is abt $300.. i din noe got discount for OPC leh.. 1st time heard of it.. my NCD is actually transferred from my dad's as well..

was wondering how they know if you hv been driving a car for a few years but the car doesn't belong to u leh??

Same as me the NCD... and i paid $300 more for my insurance.. Sad
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 1:14 am

Fortei wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:
Fortei wrote:

Same as me the NCD... and i paid $300 more for my insurance.. Sad

u muz be more chiongster than me.. WAHAHAHA.. anyway, i suppose u muz be younger than me lah..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 6th May 2009, 1:15 am

hmmm... im btw 29-32... u?
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 1:17 am

aiya.. no wonder lah.. u younger lah.. so u more chiongster lah.. me ah.. where got ladies tell u age range one.. chey!! What a Face
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 6th May 2009, 1:19 am

thats why i put a range ma... if exact number i sure get whacked by u one lo... haha... i uncle too.. sobz..
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 1:24 am

Fortei wrote:thats why i put a range ma... if exact number i sure get whacked by u one lo... haha... i uncle too.. sobz..

hahaha.. for a comfort to u.. me older than u lah.. by a tiny weeniee bit..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 6th May 2009, 1:31 am

Terrier wrote:But.. NCD followed the person name not car eh.. that makes me very confused lolz

u still can transfer the NCD from one person to another.. if i'm not wrong, only immediate family members.. so far, i know NTUC income allows that..

http://www.income.com.sg/forms/insDocument/Motor-PCar.pdf
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 6th May 2009, 10:05 am

ohh ok.. thanks =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by vanilor 6th May 2009, 10:49 am

Fortei wrote:hmmm... im btw 29-32... u?

my age 29+ this yr...

paid AIG 1400 plus with 30 percent ncd.

yrs 850+ plus..like a lot of diff..unless u over 30yrs..

vanilor

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th May 2009, 11:09 am

NightAngler wrote:SX 1.6 A
AIG KIA Auto Protector
Driver restricted to age >40
Excess $600 (additional $3000 if driver is elderly >65, young <23 & drivers with <2 yrs driving experience)
Myself >10 yrs driving experience
0% NCD (not driving for the last 5 yrs)
Premium paid $1570 on 25 Mar 2009

ehh then bro, how old r u?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 6th May 2009, 11:18 am

all cheap cheap, i see mine the most expensive so far. tsk tsk. Evil or Very Mad
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 6th May 2009, 11:34 am

dandeana21 wrote:
Terrier wrote:But.. NCD followed the person name not car eh.. that makes me very confused lolz

u still can transfer the NCD from one person to another.. if i'm not wrong, only immediate family members.. so far, i know NTUC income allows that..

http://www.income.com.sg/forms/insDocument/Motor-PCar.pdf

NCD can be transferred within immediate family ONLY from Parents to children but NOT siblings to siblings (Frens worling in insurance tell me one - cos i enquire if my bro's NCD can transfer to me)
And between different insurance party can be trasnferred as well eg. AIG - NTUC (From my experience in riding bike)
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th May 2009, 11:51 am

amerimacka wrote:all cheap cheap, i see mine the most expensive so far. tsk tsk. Evil or Very Mad
u mean urs is above 3.3k ?? Shocked
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 6th May 2009, 11:57 am

tish wrote:u mean urs is above 3.3k ?? Shocked

eh so far, my SE quoted me that price and among all members, i feel like carrot cake already. afro nevertheless the 1-1 exchange and being new driver, i think lan lan. scratch
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 6th May 2009, 12:01 pm

Ya, yr insurance is high but AIG still have the 1 to 1 for 1st year..since u r a fresh driver, i recommend getting from AIG....most of the other sources of insurance comes cheaper but doesn't allow u to go back to AD for repair...for new ride, i prefer going back to AD....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 6th May 2009, 12:02 pm

mine after opc discount 1.6l is 1.9k, first time owner no ncd, for ur reference.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 6th May 2009, 12:08 pm

amerimacka wrote:
tish wrote:u mean urs is above 3.3k ?? Shocked

eh so far, my SE quoted me that price and among all members, i feel like carrot cake already. afro nevertheless the 1-1 exchange and being new driver, i think lan lan. scratch

bo bian loh, unless u dont mind ur parent become the owner and insure under them, then after 2-5 yrs then u take over car as owner... maybe cheaper 1 k
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 14th May 2009, 1:59 am

Got a question... any difference taking insurance from the SE recommended one or our own from outside?

What if I want to take it from outside, will there be issues?

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 14th May 2009, 2:19 am

tish wrote:bo bian loh, unless u dont mind ur parent become the owner and insure under them, then after 2-5 yrs then u take over car as owner... maybe cheaper 1 k

Putting under their name means they own the car, if wanna put back your name after that think need to pay transfer fees plus cancel the present loan(break even? early rebate? unless paid in full without loan or loan cleared liao)get a new used car loan from bank(if previous loan have not cleared plus higher interest). Please correct me if i'm wrong. Your log card will show 2 owners have own this car...somehow affects the resale value too

Last edited by eraser on 14th May 2009, 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 14th May 2009, 2:22 am

graysgerald79 wrote:Got a question... any difference taking insurance from the SE recommended one or our own from outside?

What if I want to take it from outside, will there be issues?

Think they would ask you to pay them an amount of 500-2k on top of the selling price, if you wanna take outside insurance which may not be economic not to take the in house insurance.

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 14th May 2009, 9:20 am

So far I believe only AIG still have 1 to 1 for new ride for the first yr...and allow to go back to CnC for repairs...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 14th May 2009, 12:42 pm

so if for opc got discount?

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 14th May 2009, 3:03 pm

Hmm haven't receive my car insurance documents since collect car 3 to 4 weeks ago. Just wonder what is the waiting period for the bros who already collected their cars.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 14th May 2009, 3:03 pm

Fortec wrote:Hmm haven't receive my car insurance documents since collect car 3 to 4 weeks ago. Just wonder what is the waiting period for the bros who already collected their cars.

Call them up and quote them yr cert. no.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum