Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Met a minor accident Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Met a minor accident Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Met a minor accident Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Met a minor accident Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Met a minor accident Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Met a minor accident Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Met a minor accident Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Met a minor accident Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Met a minor accident Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Met a minor accident

+8
muff
aural
whitechoco
nightfever
Terrier
epig
SoBeR
NiVleK
12 posters

Go down

Met a minor accident Empty Met a minor accident

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 8:43 pm

Need advice bros/sis.

Just met with a very minor accident. I hit the rear of a rental car. My car front bumper is cracked quite badly.

• This car is to be trade in with the new KOUP.
  • Will it affect the trade in value of the car?
  • Do I need to claim insurance? I do not wish to claim since its minor and I have NCD.
  • Or should I get C&C to come and revalue the car instead?

SIGH~~

Very sad now.... Met a minor accident Icon_cry
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Met a minor accident Empty Re: Met a minor accident

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 8:43 pm

btw, any one with recommendation for the a good cheap workshop to repair cracks and putty it up?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 8:46 pm

And that rental car has only a VERY VERY SLIGHT mark which is not visible..
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 9:04 pm

Now very worried when he return rental car he claim insurance...then the whole stupid game begins.... Sad
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by SoBeR 31st October 2009, 9:28 pm

Hey NiVleK, you might want to still report it to your Insurer within 24H (?) even if you are not planning to claim. I think motor insurance policies now require all accident to be reported no matter if u have already settle with the other party or not claiming etc.... otherwise it might affect ya NCD the next time u renew... That's my understanding.

Any Bros/Sis can help here?
SoBeR
SoBeR

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 9:30 pm

yeah. Any bro/sis can help? me newbie in this? Even if I planning not to claim and going for private settlement (if any), do I need to report???
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 31st October 2009, 9:44 pm

NiVleK wrote:Need advice bros/sis.

Just met with a very minor accident. I hit the rear of a rental car. My car front bumper is cracked quite badly.

• Do I need to claim insurance? I do not wish to claim since its minor and I have NCD.

SIGH~~

bro, sad to hear this but 1stly

is the person (rental car) going to claim you? what was the outcome u guys had just now?

ur current ride think wont affect the value too much. don't worry. the front bumber nv drop down right? if nv only crack then ignore it and send it in for trade-in.

cause the trade-in value is already lower than market liao. so dont spend unnecessary money to trade in. my friend traded in his car with a damaged gear box going to up the lorry type... also can.. lol..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 31st October 2009, 9:46 pm

NiVleK wrote:And that rental car has only a VERY VERY SLIGHT mark which is not visible..

what did the driver said? going to claim u or anything?
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 31st October 2009, 9:47 pm

SoBeR wrote:Hey NiVleK, you might want to still report it to your Insurer within 24H (?) even if you are not planning to claim. I think motor insurance policies now require all accident to be reported no matter if u have already settle with the other party or not claiming etc.... otherwise it might affect ya NCD the next time u renew... That's my understanding.

Any Bros/Sis can help here?

yup, call ur insurance, and report it 1st. just state tell them that you've just involved in a minor accident but no injury. only bumber slightly scratched and ask them what to do from there. they will guide u one.
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 31st October 2009, 9:48 pm

also, did you take photos of the accident?

damage on that car and urs?
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 9:56 pm

yeah i took photos AFTER we shifted.

The driver said he will return the car and see what the rental company says. But if I doubt the rental company will notice anything if they keep quiet. Problem is if the rental company will pursue damages to a small scratch on their rear bumper.

So regardless, I have to report to my insurance and tell them I do not intend to make any claim and just to report?
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 9:58 pm

epig wrote:

SIGH~~

is the person (rental car) going to claim you? what was the outcome u guys had just now?

ur current ride think wont affect the value too much. don't worry. the front bumber nv drop down right? if nv only crack then ignore it and send it in for trade-in.

cause the trade-in value is already lower than market liao. so dont spend unnecessary money to trade in. my friend traded in his car with a damaged gear box going to up the lorry type... also can.. lol..

Actually, how does C&C value the trade in car? I sign the papers without them ever inspecting the car. The value is low of cos, but I do not want the hassle of having a seperate dealer to do it.

So do I need to repair the bumper? My bumper will not drop. just long cracks due to PU material (not flexible). Do I need to let C&C know? Or just wait till that day of trade in and doing papers and let them realise???
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 31st October 2009, 9:59 pm

NiVleK wrote:yeah i took photos AFTER we shifted.

The driver said he will return the car and see what the rental company says. But if I doubt the rental company will notice anything if they keep quiet. Problem is if the rental company will pursue damages to a small scratch on their rear bumper.

So regardless, I have to report to my insurance and tell them I do not intend to make any claim and just to report?

small scratches, they usually ignore.. unless they super on the ball la..

yes, report to ur insurance to lock-in ur case. dont worry, wont affect ur NCD one. if not just call them and ask them what is the SOP before u lock-in ur case.
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 31st October 2009, 10:00 pm

NiVleK wrote:
epig wrote:

SIGH~~

Actually, how does C&C value the trade in car? I sign the papers without them ever inspecting the car. The value is low of cos, but I do not want the hassle of having a seperate dealer to do it.

So do I need to repair the bumper? My bumper will not drop. just long cracks due to PU material (not flexible). Do I need to let C&C know? Or just wait till that day of trade in and doing papers and let them realise???

dont bother to do repair, they dont bother one.

they quoted ur vehicle based on ur oil tank and frame.. nothing else..
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 31st October 2009, 10:14 pm

The rental car is it from authorized agent or those ah beng shop? If ah beng shop.. just ignored abt their damages.. dont have to pay.. cause in LAW they are not suppose to rent!

if authorized agent.. then see how bad is the damages..

Never let C&C knew abt your current case.. just get it done at any cheapo workshop.. C&C wont know and they wont revalue it if they are unknown =)

SIGH~~

Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by nightfever 31st October 2009, 10:26 pm

Terrier wrote:The rental car is it from authorized agent or those ah beng shop? If ah beng shop.. just ignored abt their damages.. dont have to pay.. cause in LAW they are not suppose to rent!

Never let C&C knew abt your current case.. just get it done at any cheapo workshop.. C&C wont know and they wont revalue it if they are unknown =)

SIGH~~

i believe ah beng's shop also got family to feed. Juz pay ur dues and be fair to the affected parties. Certainly u will need to inform ur insurance company cos u are obliged to do so. Juz in case the affected party wanna "chut spot". No Lives Lost and $$$ can earn back in no time...

nightfever

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 10:40 pm

Terrier wrote:The rental car is it from authorized agent or those ah beng shop? If ah beng shop.. just ignored abt their damages.. dont have to pay.. cause in LAW they are not suppose to rent!

SIGH~~

I think repair will be more expensive then i get a black cheap bumper and fix it.

I think it should be a authorized rental shop la. The damage to their car is superfical and not significant, a small scratch to their paint which is not very visible.

I guess I have to find a bumper to install liaos.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 10:42 pm

nightfever wrote:

SIGH~~

i believe ah beng's shop also got family to feed. Juz pay ur dues and be fair to the affected parties. Certainly u will need to inform ur insurance company cos u are obliged to do so. Juz in case the affected party wanna "chut spot". No Lives Lost and $$$ can earn back in no time...

I just called my insurance and they say just go down to the authorized workshop and make proper report. Reporting will not affect my NCD. My NCD will only be affected when I make claim against my insurance. And yes, I am very worried that the affected party or the rental company want to play games.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 31st October 2009, 10:43 pm

which ride u having?? go to scrapyard and find the bumper loh..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 31st October 2009, 10:45 pm

Terrier wrote:which ride u having?? go to scrapyard and find the bumper loh..

Honda Fit GD.

Can go scrapyard find one? Anyway, I already found one guy selling a black bumper already....but will check with workshop on repair cost.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by whitechoco 1st November 2009, 12:55 am

oh no.. I'm also still newbie so can't offer much advise.. hope u can get everything get settled nicely.
whitechoco
whitechoco

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 1st November 2009, 10:01 am

thanks whitechoco....haiii....just sway lo....waste money.....
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 1st November 2009, 10:46 am

saw this thread only now. Just do the normal reporting to prevent any surprises from the rental company.
You never know suddenly they say need to repair then claim some stuff from you. U got exchange contact with the guy right. Better make sure the guy fill in a short note on the accident, rental cars we never know suddenly repair more than you remember but the extent of the dmg was not written.

For trade in part i am not sure about it already.
If slight scratch just touch up before sending in to trade in.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 1st November 2009, 10:56 am

For trade in part i am not sure about it already.
If slight scratch just touch up before sending in to trade in.[/quote]

IMO, they may juz scrap yr car car after you've traded it in.... so why bother to repair ?
like what bro aural mentioned juz a simple touch up will do....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 1st November 2009, 11:13 am

muff wrote:For trade in part i am not sure about it already.

IMO, they may juz scrap yr car car after you've traded it in.... so why bother to repair ?
like what bro aural mentioned juz a simple touch up will do....[/quote]

Depends, for republic auto, they may resell your car in the open mkt if your car is new enough. That's what the guy told me for my trade in.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 1st November 2009, 11:28 am

aural wrote:
muff wrote:For trade in part i am not sure about it already.

like what bro aural mentioned juz a simple touch up will do....

Depends, for republic auto, they may resell your car in the open mkt if your car is new enough. That's what the guy told me for my trade in.[/quote]

to resell or scrap depend very much on the age, OMV and COE of yr car......it is best to check on LTA website for the scrap value of yr car Vs resell value (sgcarmark).....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 1st November 2009, 2:05 pm

Yeah. Thanks guys. I will do normal reporting. But the damage to my bumper is not slight scratch. Its a long crack...

My part I not worry.... only thing is becos its a rental car...so I also dunno how the rental company will resolve this.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by joA 1st November 2009, 2:19 pm

hey bro sorry to hear that.. sorry can't offer any advice.. can only wish u better luck.. Good Luck!
joA
joA

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 1st January 2010, 10:36 am

Just came home from a happy vacation and received a lawyer's letter ref the rental company for a claim on the accident.

$4K damages for a small dent! WTF.

That is why our premiums are going up up up.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 1st January 2010, 2:03 pm

this is obviously a cheat! Met a minor accident 684438

btw, that rented car is a benz or some cheaper makes?
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 1st January 2010, 2:17 pm

Toyota Altis.

LOL
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 1st January 2010, 6:03 pm

NiVleK wrote:Just came home from a happy vacation and received a lawyer's letter ref the rental company for a claim on the accident.

$4K damages for a small dent! WTF.

That is why our premiums are going up up up.

i heard from a friend that nowadays insurance policy has changed, now the insurance co will send a surveyor to survey your vehicle then he'll give you an amount in cash... you go and find a workshop of your own, if he gives $100 and repair is $500 then you suck thumb

is that not true? because he just met with an accident recently and he was telling us that this is the new policy across the board

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 15th January 2010, 11:03 pm

nivlek. - Heh i just saw this thread.

good thing that you reported, because now its ur insurance company's problem to fight.

if you didnt report, the $4k would be up to you to fight. leave it be and let them do their job.

wont' affect your car to C & C.
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 15th January 2010, 11:04 pm

hahah other people borrow my car.. had accident.. nothing on my side, i also report...

just in case, the other side play prank and sabo you..if you don't report the insurance company wont cover anything.

nowadays, alot of dodgy lawyers to make money, they even sue for injury and loss of workhours... seriously if you sway to kenna that.. you better lose your NCD, then kenna a $50K law suit.
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down