Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint

+13
kysoong
nocash
astroboy28
jl1500k
kenincf
Potatoes
Juz@kid
epig
ckpay
NiVleK
FriesL
impact2001
hobbes
17 posters

Go down

Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint

Post by hobbes 24th October 2009, 9:44 pm

Hi fellas,

Do you all know what do the Custom/Aetos officers check at the checkpoint? This is the one where after our passports have been chopped, we move to the next point of checking before getting onto the bridge to go to the Malaysian side.

I went to JB today to replace the UR strut bar and my car was stopped due to being an OPC. The car in front of me was also OPC but was waved to move on. Unfortunately, i didn't tear my coupon completely as per other times and had to pull over for further checks. To cut long story short, I was deemed to have committed an OPC offence, and had my particulars taken down to be sent to LTA. Crying or Very sad

Sadly too, i read the back of the coupon for the first time and it states that 1st offence is worth $10k in fine, 2nd offence is $20k + holiday at changi chalet. No pale

Saw gazoo later and he said they may also catch if they see funny LEDs on the car exterior.

Has anyone been stopped before at the Customs for checks on their car?

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty Re: Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint

Post by impact2001 24th October 2009, 9:46 pm

Yes.... stop to chk my petrol only. Kena once only.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Empty Re: Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint

Post by hobbes 24th October 2009, 9:52 pm

then what happened? fine?

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 24th October 2009, 9:52 pm

oh no.. finger cross for you... bro...
1st time should be able to appeal i hope....

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 24th October 2009, 9:53 pm

hobbes wrote:then what happened? fine?

FULL TANK bro.. lol.. but that sucker only stop me... the rest nv stopped.. maybe he saw me cut queue in front of him, then LL must stop me to check.. Heng I got a full tank!!!
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 24th October 2009, 9:57 pm

I hope so... but seems like 1st time also can be quite heavy. Can't imagine anyone in their right mind will tamper with OPC coupon, i mean it's $20 vs $20k. It's not like parking coupons...

What i'm wondering now is what does Customs check? Is vehicle specs under their purview now as well? It's a bit grey.

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 24th October 2009, 9:58 pm

phew... else, it's "bu kan she xiang".

impact2001 wrote:
FULL TANK bro.. lol.. but that sucker only stop me... the rest nv stopped.. maybe he saw me cut queue in front of him, then LL must stop me to check.. Heng I got a full tank!!!

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 24th October 2009, 10:00 pm

That offence needs to go court also if I am not wrong....no point cheating this la....
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 24th October 2009, 10:07 pm

Yup no point... sad lah, first time go to JB on my own on a Sat and this happened. And i was in JB for barely 30mins. Should have gone last Sat when it was PH.

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 25th October 2009, 1:39 am

random check and depend their mood one.

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 25th October 2009, 2:14 am

hobbes wrote:Hi fellas,

Do you all know what do the Custom/Aetos officers check at the checkpoint? This is the one where after our passports have been chopped, we move to the next point of checking before getting onto the bridge to go to the Malaysian side.

I went to JB today to replace the UR strut bar and my car was stopped due to being an OPC. The car in front of me was also OPC but was waved to move on. Unfortunately, i didn't tear my coupon completely as per other times and had to pull over for further checks. To cut long story short, I was deemed to have committed an OPC offence, and had my particulars taken down to be sent to LTA. Crying or Very sad

Sadly too, i read the back of the coupon for the first time and it states that 1st offence is worth $10k in fine, 2nd offence is $20k + holiday at changi chalet. No pale

Saw gazoo later and he said they may also catch if they see funny LEDs on the car exterior.

Has anyone been stopped before at the Customs for checks on their car?

bro.. prepare for interview at LTA and explain to the investigating officer. btw what are the tabs u nv tear out?

or is u trying ur luck fold behind or used previous OPC coupon?

alot of difference.. as in the fine or penalty.
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 25th October 2009, 5:53 am

every OPC car went into JB r subjected to check on their OPC coupon by Aetos not Custom/ICA. even u came back from JB, u r oso liable to be check for ur coupon (to see if u got tear ur coupon anot) coz u r entering sg if its still in e 7am-7pm time zone. u will not be check/stop if u went in/out from JB on Sat after 3pm, Sun n PH.
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 25th October 2009, 6:17 am

impact2001 wrote:

Why do the officers need to stop you to check ur tank? I thought they have xray machine to check our fuel tank?
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 25th October 2009, 7:57 am

Potatoes wrote:
impact2001 wrote:

Why do the officers need to stop you to check ur tank? I thought they have xray machine to check our fuel tank?

So high tech?

I experienced it a few times already. They just look at your fuel meter. It takes only 1 second for the checking.
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 25th October 2009, 8:40 am

Potatoes wrote:
impact2001 wrote:

I think the xray machine is use to check the container or goods lorry.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 25th October 2009, 9:16 pm

is it? i oso thought that was for our fuel tank
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 25th October 2009, 10:22 pm

If it is for our fuel tank then i should have kena caught many times liao. Most of the time i go in with half and less half tank.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 26th October 2009, 1:11 am

ok.. so e only way they use to monitor is to look at our meter? sound veri nt high tech for sg.. heehee
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 26th October 2009, 7:52 am

astroboy28 wrote:ok.. so e only way they use to monitor is to look at our meter? sound veri nt high tech for sg.. heehee

and face.... Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Icon_lol
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 26th October 2009, 8:31 am

That computer is not an X-ray if not wrong.. I think is a computer that will input your carplate to catch any offenders cars that need to pay up the fine etc... You will see normally got two officers sitting down there looking at the screen and your car number..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 26th October 2009, 8:34 am

yup, n those officers are AETOs working on behalf of LTA and Singapore Customs...
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 26th October 2009, 9:19 am

hobbes,
sorry to hear ur situation, u mean they r charging u with tampering with the coupon? if u did not completely tear off i think u can still appeal.. fyi, customs oso check on opc.. this is not new, few yrs ago my fren ever saw someone asked to tear a coupon cos the person was still in the queue into JB and approaching 7am.. it is really up to the officer at the customs i guess..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 26th October 2009, 9:49 am

i tore off all the tabs, just that they were not torn completely. it's a new coupon for the day, so didn't have any other tabs that are previously torn out, or "tampered with". i would never tamper with the coupon.

actually i've another old coupon in my car which i completely tore out. i usually keep them for record to know how many pieces i have used. but on the spot i panic and forgot to show the officer that usually i would tear them completely.

gotta wait for letter now i guess...

epig wrote:
bro.. prepare for interview at LTA and explain to the investigating officer. btw what are the tabs u nv tear out?

or is u trying ur luck fold behind or used previous OPC coupon?

alot of difference.. as in the fine or penalty.

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 26th October 2009, 9:53 am

thanks scorpey.... i started the day very early and was rushing to TRC to swap the strut bar cos i was already late, so wasn't thinking much. and then usually i go with my friends, but this time i was on my own, so was paying more attention to the signs etc than my coupon.

scorpey wrote:hobbes,
sorry to hear ur situation, u mean they r charging u with tampering with the coupon? if u did not completely tear off i think u can still appeal.. fyi, customs oso check on opc.. this is not new, few yrs ago my fren ever saw someone asked to tear a coupon cos the person was still in the queue into JB and approaching 7am.. it is really up to the officer at the customs i guess..

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 26th October 2009, 9:58 am

WTF.. like tat oso cannot? i think u can argue on this.. the way they design the tear-off in the first place is weird.. got an outer edge and oso inner edge.. this make tearing "completely" difficult.. and again how complete is complete.. maybe can u show us the photo? if really kanna summon.. start a petition.. Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Icon_razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 26th October 2009, 10:18 am

Wow!! 10k first offence??!! Thats @@#$# a lot of money!!! Crazy!!! Anyways all the best bro!! Hope your appeal goes thru. :-)

As for the so called Xray machine, it is not to check for petrol or fines. It is to check if you smuggling anything out. Its like those baggage xray machines. :-)

Petrol, cant check with xray machine. As for fines, they usually do it when you checking passport. They will key in your car number and from there can tell already. :-)

Just wondering how they can go high tec with checking of petrol.......cant do by weight cos different car different weights and different petrol tank size....

Hmmm...... :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 26th October 2009, 10:28 am

scorpey, they took that coupon as evidence and submitted to lta. but they do have a point too and it's hard to argue, as i pushed the tabs back like a flap, even though i tore off 3 sides of the tab. i once pushed too much and not only the tab was torn, but the one besides it also got torn... so gotta use a new piece again. Sad

as for the machine/computer, it's as per what impact said, it shows the SG or MY cars with traffic offences. so the officer will stop the car to settle the fines before leaving SG. i know this cos i saw the screen.

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 26th October 2009, 10:38 am

REally ahh?? I thought they do that at the counter where they stamp passport?? Ohh no!! I must be outdated. Hahaha!! :-)

I always thought it was to check if you have "additional baggage" in your car!! :-)

I think its more for MY cars rite?? If SG cars, why I must pay the fine before I leave the country?? They have my address and all what?? They can come look for me correct?? Dunno....just wondering... :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 26th October 2009, 10:49 am

hobbes wrote:scorpey, they took that coupon as evidence and submitted to lta. but they do have a point too and it's hard to argue, as i pushed the tabs back like a flap, even though i tore off 3 sides of the tab. i once pushed too much and not only the tab was torn, but the one besides it also got torn... so gotta use a new piece again. Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Icon_sad

as for the machine/computer, it's as per what impact said, it shows the SG or MY cars with traffic offences. so the officer will stop the car to settle the fines before leaving SG. i know this cos i saw the screen.

oh, so u didnt complete remove the tags.. i thot u saying the edge no clean enough.. mm.. like tat den got problem liao.. well.. start to think of appeal.. got a few points for u..
1) U r new to opc scheme still (i hope u are) Razz
2) u thot can cross into JB b4 7am but when u realise u cant, u start to tear coupon while driving.. stop by officer b4 u can completely tear off.. Razz
3) u wanted to tear 3 sides first den tear completely but forget to do so.. Razz
4) Err... u think the new E-coupon starts liao Razz Razz Razz

hope u can escape this time lah.. when E-coupon starts no such problem liao.. cheers ya! Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by stalejive 26th October 2009, 10:56 am

that time i went also , kena checked by the aetos lady officer , she checked the opc coupon thoroughly sia......

anyway my friend kena b4 for not tearing properly or completely . he need to go to court.....was fine for $3000....u can appeal to the judge but most likely the prosecutor will ask for stiffer sentence....so like from $3000 fine can become $5000 fine.....depends on ur luck.....

but i wish u good luck bro...hope everything is gonna be alright....

stalejive

Back to top Go down

Post by yngwie 26th October 2009, 2:27 pm

Best is to use this reason to appeal :
4) Err... u think the new E-coupon starts liao Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Icon_razz Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Icon_razz Checks @ Custom Tuas & Woodland Checkpoint Icon_razz

yngwie

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 26th October 2009, 2:56 pm

thanks for the suggestions guy, but i don't think i can bring myself to say any of them...

i think they may be a bit more stricter this period prior to the e-license implementation.

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 26th October 2009, 4:21 pm

understand, dun be too sad lah.. wait n see how first.. i appeal traffic offences twice.. one time (dashing red light) failed.. kanna quite jia lat oso.. another time (caught by speed camera) successful..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 26th October 2009, 4:54 pm

yup, hoping for the best now.... scorpey, sometimes it feels like they pick on opc and cars of certain makes. i've not seen a continental car being pulled up by tp, at least not in my experience.

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down