Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Windows 7.... yes... see the ads...

+3
NiVleK
Divine
keigo
7 posters

Go down

Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty Re: Windows 7.... yes... see the ads...

Post by Divine 12th November 2009, 10:38 am

lol i love mac
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Empty Re: Windows 7.... yes... see the ads...

Post by NiVleK 12th November 2009, 10:57 am

I switched to mac for my personal computers and laptop. Loving it everyday. Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 12th November 2009, 11:19 am

well I do know there are still strong fan of windows user....

maybe they never touch a mac before and they love windows so much...

or maybe they like blue.. that's why they can't get away from the blue screen.....

or maybe they are just gamer..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 12th November 2009, 11:21 am

keigo wrote:well I do know there are still strong fan of windows user....

maybe they never touch a mac before and they love windows so much...

or maybe they like blue.. that's why they can't get away from the blue screen.....

or maybe they are just gamer..
YA true man..
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 11:42 am

all my pcs are diy.....1 i build (curios then) , the other 2 built by sim lim guys....
i have never tried doing diy for a mac.... Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 12th November 2009, 11:56 am

JuanST wrote:all my pcs are diy.....1 i build (curios then) , the other 2 built by sim lim guys....
i have never tried doing diy for a mac.... Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Icon_smile

Sorry as far as I want to DIY. There is not DIY machine avail for Mac...

Well there is once a compare in the past which many I would one to share with you and you will choice to see which one you prefer...

For PC, yes it allow 3rd party brand hardware, so you got dell, Acer, HP, IBM or even DIY to choose from. But then end of the day no matter how powerful or cheap the hardware use to build the PC within a single machine you are stuck with WINDOWS which give you the same problem no matter what machine you are in or if not Linux which most user got problem using the interface.

For Mac, Well for hardware you have to die die stuck with Apple and nobody else. But in a single machine you are free to run OSX, Linux, Unix, Windows etcs. Which also mean all the software avail in this world.

So your call you prefer multiple brand hardware or multiple OS
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 12th November 2009, 12:08 pm

keigo wrote:So your call you prefer multiple brand hardware or multiple OS

Actually, I have seen hatchintosh. Lenovo X40 running a version of Mac X. Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Icon_eek

I use both Mac and PC, what I find is that PC running Windows (whatever variant), after awhile, it starts to slow down, booting up is slow, shutting down is slow, starting application is slow. No matter what you do, it will be slow. The only solution is to do a fresh install, now that takes time.

I have 3 Macbooks since many years back, never slow, always ready to run. Now I am using unibody MBP, loving it.

I was told Windows 7 is a major step forward, I have not tried it myself but may buy a copy to run it on my MBP, see how, waiting for the price to drop. Haha
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 12:09 pm

when i was young, mac is not an option. mac was just too expensive for poor students like me. even pc was too expensive then.

anyway, maybe got so used to it. and as suspected, my kids use pc mainly for gaming. Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 12th November 2009, 12:10 pm

Mac wrote:

Actually, I have seen hatchintosh. Lenovo X40 running a version of Mac X. Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Icon_eek

Ya I know.. but those are hack version and it cannot fully support the laptop.. so on and off got some bug here and there...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 12th November 2009, 12:12 pm

Mac wrote:

I was told Windows 7 is a major step forward, I have not tried it myself but may buy a copy to run it on my MBP, see how, waiting for the price to drop. Haha

well this was claim during Vista and look what happen... Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Icon_evil

To me I see Windows 7 as Vista SP3.... Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Lol

Last edited by keigo on 12th November 2009, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 12:13 pm

vista was a disaster.........
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 12th November 2009, 12:21 pm

One of my DIY PCs is running Vista Ultimate, never had crashing or anything like that .. but even that is now slowed down to a point where I don't feel like booting it up anymore.

Shutting down is taking even longer .. not sure what the hack the OS is doing, keeps grinding the hard disk. Compare to Snow Leopard .. ctrl-option-cmd-eject .. shuts down in 3 seconds.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 12:22 pm

Mac wrote:One of my DIY PCs is running Vista Ultimate, never had crashing or anything like that .. but even that is now slowed down to a point where I don't feel like booting it up anymore.

Shutting down is taking even longer .. not sure what the hack the OS is doing, keeps grinding the hard disk. Compare to Snow Leopard .. ctrl-option-cmd-eject .. shuts down in 3 seconds.

what is the pc specs?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac 12th November 2009, 12:25 pm

JuanST wrote:what is the pc specs?

Need to dig it up. It was running very fast when it was first built, I had very nice apps running on it like DVDShrink where it allows me to backup my DVD movies.

At some point, I will probably do a fresh install again.

I understand since I have Vista Ultimate, the only upgrade possible is Windows 7 Ultimate, this is going to be expensive.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 12th November 2009, 12:28 pm

and....i have yet to install any anti virus software..

of cos, mac is not fool proof. but then, no problems so far. Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 12th November 2009, 12:36 pm

Mac wrote:
JuanST wrote:what is the pc specs?

Need to dig it up. It was running very fast when it was first built, I had very nice apps running on it like DVDShrink where it allows me to backup my DVD movies.

At some point, I will probably do a fresh install again.

I understand since I have Vista Ultimate, the only upgrade possible is Windows 7 Ultimate, this is going to be expensive.

i hope u do the system maintenance thing.... also if u do fresh install.... capture the applications runng so that u can compare when the system becomes slower.... a lot of malware floating around....

or u can do system backup when ur system is fast.... then if it goes slow, restore to that point....
Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 12th November 2009, 1:01 pm

Btw, the new imac 27" is DAMN VALUE FOR $$$. I just got the imac 24" half a year ago at smaller screen and lower specs and same price.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 12th November 2009, 2:31 pm

ermm using a PC doesnt mean i have to get stuck with Windows.
i use a PC, but i run on Ubuntu....
but windows 7 do get alot of hype, and alot of ppl are interested in it

it is definetly better than its predecessors, ie Vista. In fact what MS had done is too collect more feedback and stuff before launch, and it helped correct some stuff.

although they have made huge improvement, i also have to say that MS is trying to be apple.

sorry, will be stuck with my open source freebies. Windows 7.... yes... see the ads... 332362
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 12th November 2009, 4:22 pm

I'm using Win 7 for a few days.
So far ok.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down