Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun?

+15
tensai
powerteo
fire fox
FeiLeong
ace
ano57
lukester
JuanST
Siaoster
karabi
boardrider02
muff
arkaraka
keigo
GPon
19 posters

Go down

ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun?

Post by GPon 22nd October 2009, 10:48 pm

as above the bracket drop off from my windscreen.. kinda not sticky and durable esp under hot sun..

Anyone experience this? .. heard that using other adhesive will crack windscreen as material used is different from the given bracket adhesive.
GPon
GPon

Back to top Go down

ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty Re: ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun?

Post by keigo 22nd October 2009, 10:51 pm

this mean time to change the location of the erp....
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Empty Re: ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun?

Post by arkaraka 22nd October 2009, 10:54 pm

GPon wrote:as above the bracket drop off from my windscreen.. kinda not sticky and durable esp under hot sun..

Anyone experience this? .. heard that using other adhesive will crack windscreen as material used is different from the given bracket adhesive.

Wah so fierce ah, the bracket will drop...
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_eek
arkaraka
arkaraka

Back to top Go down

Post by GPon 22nd October 2009, 10:57 pm

arkaraka wrote:
GPon wrote:as above the bracket drop off from my windscreen.. kinda not sticky and durable esp under hot sun..

Wah so fierce ah, the bracket will drop...
ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_eek

just hang there like a long sticky candy.. i suppose it cannot withstand the hot temp direct from sunlight...

But seems like others not happening... maybe suai... ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_evil
GPon
GPon

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 22nd October 2009, 11:07 pm

maybe you should go back to CnC to get them to reinstall your ERP bracket.....by now they are all expert in sticking back the ERP bracket after replacing so many windscreen......and so far no complain from any bro here about ERP bracket droping off after their windscreen replacement...... ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_biggrin
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by boardrider02 22nd October 2009, 11:40 pm

i experience that too..
but i went back to cnc..they told me to go to vicom, coz they install it.But when u go there, they can do by changing the erp housing which cost 8 bucks.the technician advise, diy,cheaper.Then, the best, buy 3M tape,then diy.superb..
boardrider02
boardrider02

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 22nd October 2009, 11:55 pm

Huh, they didn't install properly, go back there still need to pay money???
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 23rd October 2009, 9:56 am

nah they should not charge you at all,

but the problem can be easily rectified by using 3M double side tape or 3M velcro
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 23rd October 2009, 10:00 am

better use tape..... if velcro... if u leave the car open and someone steal the cashcard... they might just steal the iu...anyway is there a market for 2nd hand iu? ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 23rd October 2009, 10:08 am

yup, the 3M tape is good, the most highly recommended i feel
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 23rd October 2009, 10:57 am

JuanST wrote:better use tape..... if velcro... if u leave the car open and someone steal the cashcard... they might just steal the iu...anyway is there a market for 2nd hand iu? ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_twisted

true true you have a point !
yeah actually there is a market for 2nd hand IU but its damn small
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 23rd October 2009, 11:23 am

If you want i can recommend you 1 model of 3M adhesive. Beri Powderful ones.... ^_^...
Siaoster know cos i just showed him the other day. HEAT resistant. Bought from Giant in Tampines ^_^ about $11-12 1 roll.
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 23rd October 2009, 11:34 am

ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? 3m-6383

the one I have seen look something like that.

quite thin and so its not ugly when u stick.

but please clean the joining surfaces before u stick cos dust and oil might make it harder to last.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by GPon 23rd October 2009, 2:58 pm

boardrider02 wrote:i experience that too..
but i went back to cnc..they told me to go to vicom, coz they install it.But when u go there, they can do by changing the erp housing which cost 8 bucks.the technician advise, diy,cheaper.Then, the best, buy 3M tape,then diy.superb..

wah go vicom still got to pay.. very ridiculous..
its obviously their material cant withstand the heat of direct SUN... nowadays $$$ ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_mad
GPon
GPon

Back to top Go down

Post by GPon 23rd October 2009, 3:02 pm

lukester wrote:ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? 3m-6383

the one I have seen look something like that.

quite thin and so its not ugly when u stick.

but please clean the joining surfaces before u stick cos dust and oil might make it harder to last.

Sure i will get this to try.... this is much more "wu hua" then going vicom pay $$... The tape balance i still can use to stick others things.. ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_bounce
GPon
GPon

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 23rd October 2009, 3:40 pm

I wonder why you have to pay....

I thought the installation is a government sanctioned activity...if you bring it to LTA attention that it keeps falling down....maybe LTA might want to know why.... Did Vicom cut corners?

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by FeiLeong 23rd October 2009, 5:33 pm

Bro, if u wan cheaper than 3M tape, go to hardware shop buy "white"Silicon sealant cost onli $5.00 (smaller size).

Is good,strong bond and cheap, easy to remove when next time u want to shift ur IU location. ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_biggrin
FeiLeong
FeiLeong

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 24th October 2009, 8:48 pm

Anyone knows where to get the IU unit holder ?
the one that is sticked to the Windscreen.
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by GPon 25th October 2009, 2:13 am

FeiLeong wrote:Bro, if u wan cheaper than 3M tape, go to hardware shop buy "white"Silicon sealant cost onli $5.00 (smaller size).

Is good,strong bond and cheap, easy to remove when next time u want to shift ur IU location. ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_biggrin

I tried using silicon but still cannot withstand the heat drop oso..
Then i check with CnC tech, they say only LTA bracket sticker are recommended as it is meant to withstand heat and protect windscreen from cracking as other material may not suits our windscreen (i wondering true or not).
GPon
GPon

Back to top Go down

Post by GPon 25th October 2009, 2:14 am

Siaoster wrote:Anyone knows where to get the IU unit holder ?

From what i gotten the info from CnC, they mention only inspection center have the bracket. Seems true cos i cant find it in silent and autobacs as well. not sure any bros here have any idea?
GPon
GPon

Back to top Go down

Post by boardrider02 26th October 2009, 7:02 pm

my advise...use 3M.i did it,
boardrider02
boardrider02

Back to top Go down

Post by fire fox 26th November 2009, 10:48 pm

boardrider02 wrote:i experience that too..

Only the double sided problem, yet they change the erp housing?
Since they give a defect part or poor workmanship. they should replace by FOC.
fire fox
fire fox

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 27th November 2009, 5:17 pm

Mine drop off too under hot sun. Mine is the new IU. Is it happening to all the new IU installation?

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by tensai 27th November 2009, 6:06 pm

powerteo wrote:Mine drop off too under hot sun. Mine is the new IU. Is it happening to all the new IU installation?

Yeah mine keeps dropping too. Should I wait till 1k servicing before highlighting? Or should I just go to my SE and complain?

tensai

Back to top Go down

Post by hanxiang87 29th November 2009, 11:52 pm

GPon wrote:
Siaoster wrote:Anyone knows where to get the IU unit holder ?

From what i gotten the info from CnC, they mention only inspection center have the bracket. Seems true cos i cant find it in silent and autobacs as well. not sure any bros here have any idea?

bro ur issue settled? Mine also dropped.. i bought tat 3M tape from DIY shop and replace it.. so far so gd.. u need any? I can give u some =)
hanxiang87
hanxiang87

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 1st February 2010, 7:23 pm

Hi,

my cash card reader iS spoilt.

Go back to cnc or vicom?

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by GPon 4th February 2010, 1:35 pm

go back STA or vicom. CnC will not entertain.
GPon
GPon

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 4th February 2010, 11:42 pm

GPon wrote:go back STA or vicom. CnC will not entertain.

Mine also drop but CNC fixed for me, plus give me free car wash ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? 256379
they can't do it cos IU is belong to LTA, but they will call the LTA sub-con to fix for u, done in 45 mins

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 4th February 2010, 11:53 pm

By helping you fix it is no problem but wasting of our time to go down and get it fix is a big problem. How come they do not have QC check!
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th February 2010, 9:14 am

leon76 wrote:
GPon wrote:go back STA or vicom. CnC will not entertain.

Mine also drop but CNC fixed for me, plus give me free car wash ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? 256379
they can't do it cos IU is belong to LTA, but they will call the LTA sub-con to fix for u, done in 45 mins

go up the second floor and u see how they do the car wash..... then tell us later if u want them to do carwash again.... ERP bracket drop from windscreen 2nd time!! adhesive melt under hot sun? Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th February 2010, 9:15 am

greatgazoo wrote:By helping you fix it is no problem but wasting of our time to go down and get it fix is a big problem. How come they do not have QC check!

got QC check.... just failed leh.....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down