Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
need alarm anot? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
need alarm anot? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
need alarm anot? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
need alarm anot? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
need alarm anot? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
need alarm anot? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
need alarm anot? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
need alarm anot? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
need alarm anot? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

need alarm anot?

+10
leon76
kevinhwc
nothing
joepele
amerimacka
aural
greatgazoo
kapitan
arkaraka
jeremy75
14 posters

Go down

need alarm anot? Empty need alarm anot?

Post by jeremy75 13th October 2009, 10:19 am

hi bros.. i got a SX forte, naturally it comes with the remote and central locking and unlocking with NO alarm. I was reading in the MO page and saw this SPY alarm 018C model from ZMC, which we can use back our factory fitted remote. i was wondering whether the alarm is necessary? as our car does not come with immobilizer, and also actually i dont really go to Msia. I was thinking whether i shd install it? Do most ppl have alarm for your SXs? Question

jeremy75

Back to top Go down

need alarm anot? Empty Re: need alarm anot?

Post by arkaraka 13th October 2009, 10:25 am

jeremy75 wrote:hi bros.. i got a SX forte, naturally it comes with the remote and central locking and unlocking with NO alarm. I was reading in the MO page and saw this SPY alarm 018C model from ZMC, which we can use back our factory fitted remote. i was wondering whether the alarm is necessary? as our car does not come with immobilizer, and also actually i dont really go to Msia. I was thinking whether i shd install it? Do most ppl have alarm for your SXs? need alarm anot? Icon_question

More of a case of personal preference.
Depends if your car is always parked under your nose? Depends if you feel generally safe parking in Singapore?

Saw a Dark Cherry Forte fixing alarm at Autobacs last Saturday when i was there. need alarm anot? Icon_basketball
arkaraka
arkaraka

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 13th October 2009, 10:30 am

No alarm fitted for me, driven into Malacca and back too....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremy75 13th October 2009, 10:32 am

arkaraka wrote:
jeremy75 wrote:hi bros.. i got a SX forte, naturally it comes with the remote and central locking and unlocking with NO alarm. I was reading in the MO page and saw this SPY alarm 018C model from ZMC, which we can use back our factory fitted remote. i was wondering whether the alarm is necessary? as our car does not come with immobilizer, and also actually i dont really go to Msia. I was thinking whether i shd install it? Do most ppl have alarm for your SXs? need alarm anot? Icon_question

Depends if your car is always parked under your nose? Depends if you feel generally safe parking in Singapore?

Saw a Dark Cherry Forte fixing alarm at Autobacs last Saturday when i was there. need alarm anot? Icon_basketball

bro..thanks for ur reply.
my car is parked in MSCP.. not actually under my nose as per se.. and in office, also not visible from my office. i dont mind installing a alarm for the added peace of mind. but i am not willing to spend above $80. the 018C from Spy alarm is $128, thats why i am having 2nd thoughts whether i should.

jeremy75

Back to top Go down

Post by arkaraka 13th October 2009, 10:39 am

jeremy75 wrote:
arkaraka wrote:

bro..thanks for ur reply.
my car is parked in MSCP.. not actually under my nose as per se.. and in office, also not visible from my office. i dont mind installing a alarm for the added peace of mind. but i am not willing to spend above $80. the 018C from Spy alarm is $128, thats why i am having 2nd thoughts whether i should.

Yep
Its up to u if u wanna spend $100odd for assurance... need alarm anot? Icon_wink
arkaraka
arkaraka

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 13th October 2009, 10:41 am

fitting an alarm in car may not be an assurance, in fact, it may probably give you a false sense of security....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremy75 13th October 2009, 10:43 am

kapitan wrote:fitting an alarm in car may not be an assurance, in fact, it may probably give you a false sense of security....

hmmm.. actually fix alarm.. even if they have the wat engine cut off function, if ppl wan steal ur car.. still can 1 right..just cut off the wires or something.. ? scratch

jeremy75

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 13th October 2009, 12:25 pm

Depend on each individual.
Purpose of the alarm is to alert the surrounding and panick the guy who is stealing.
However if you are not going into Malaysia and alarm is a secondary to you, you may opt out.
For me, alarm is to alert me that I have lock my car need alarm anot? Lol
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 13th October 2009, 12:32 pm

Sorry to use one of our bro's accident as example, but i believe if some kuku who knock into your car while you park may render you some thoughts into investing in an alarm.
Why we want to spend so much on a car, one getting bigger rims nice interior but hesitate on a 200 bucks alarm for the piece of mind. If you spread the cost over 10yrs its only 20 bucks a year 2 dollar a month.

But then i am not sure if someone knock into your body hard enough, will it trigger your alarm also.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 13th October 2009, 12:56 pm

SPY alarm 018C is the basic and i recommend getting it. doesnt hurt paying a little for comfort and furthermore, you will know when your door is locked. 8)
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremy75 13th October 2009, 12:58 pm

aural wrote:Sorry to use one of our bro's accident as example, but i believe if some kuku who knock into your car while you park may render you some thoughts into investing in an alarm.
Why we want to spend so much on a car, one getting bigger rims nice interior but hesitate on a 200 bucks alarm for the piece of mind. If you spread the cost over 10yrs its only 20 bucks a year 2 dollar a month.

But then i am not sure if someone knock into your body hard enough, will it trigger your alarm also.

hello bro..thanks for ur reply. not sure whether i got u right..
u said.. if some kuku who knock into your car while u park? OR should it be if some kuku who knock into your car while HE[u] park?
haha.

anyway, i think lets say really some kuku knock into ur car while he is parking.. alarm sound off.. u not at ur car.. he quickly shift his car somewhere else.. also cannot catch him mah.
Mad
i agree with u on the spreading of cost over 10 years like actually not so much ..not so siong. but hor..so many poisons out there.. if all calculate like that.. $20 + $20 + $20..many $20 become $hundreds.. haha. very siong.
Razz

jeremy75

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 13th October 2009, 1:08 pm

jeremy75 wrote:
u said.. if some kuku who knock into your car while u park? OR should it be if some kuku who knock into your car while HE[u] park?
haha.

anyway, i think lets say really some kuku knock into ur car while he is parking.. alarm sound off.. u not at ur car.. he quickly shift his car somewhere else.. also cannot catch him mah.
need alarm anot? Icon_mad
i agree with u on the spreading of cost over 10 years like actually not so much ..not so siong. but hor..so many poisons out there.. if all calculate like that.. $20 + $20 + $20..many $20 become $hundreds.. haha. very siong.
need alarm anot? Icon_razz

Yah, pardon my ang mo, lol not good. If you read one of the thread you will realised one of our Bro's car was knocked into when when he left his car at the roadside parking. If the car alarm went off at least it will attract some attention and maybe attracting potential witness.

I believe as drivers if we see such incident and was alerted and subsequently there is a notice looking for witness, i will step up to contact the poor guy.

About the money part of course abit abit add up alot. But the abit abit u have to decide which is more important to you. poison vs alarm. Its like i want want to buy very nice furniture, nice tables but no pad lock for my house. need alarm anot? 332362
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremy75 13th October 2009, 1:11 pm

aural wrote:
jeremy75 wrote:
haha.

need alarm anot? Icon_mad
need alarm anot? Icon_razz

Yah, pardon my ang mo, lol not good. If you read one of the thread you will realised one of our Bro's car was knocked into when when he left his car at the roadside parking. If the car alarm went off at least it will attract some attention and maybe attracting potential witness.

I believe as drivers if we see such incident and was alerted and subsequently there is a notice looking for witness, i will step up to contact the poor guy.

About the money part of course abit abit add up alot. But the abit abit u have to decide which is more important to you. poison vs alarm. Its like i want want to buy very nice furniture, nice tables but no pad lock for my house. need alarm anot? 332362

ok bro.. get u completely. i will get the "padlock" soon. hahaha.

Rolling Eyes

jeremy75

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 13th October 2009, 1:52 pm

[quote="jeremy75"]
aural wrote:

need alarm anot? Icon_rolleyes

Sounds like Mr Bean.

need alarm anot? Mr_bean_car
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 13th October 2009, 3:41 pm

SX owner, no alarm for me....previously, crimestopper + viper sound system.... need alarm anot? Icon_lol
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 13th October 2009, 4:55 pm

[quote="joepele"]
jeremy75 wrote:
aural wrote:

Sounds like Mr Bean.

Lol this one is padlock without sound. I think u put padlock, anyone pass by will take a look at your car.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremy75 13th October 2009, 4:57 pm

[quote="aural"]
joepele wrote:
jeremy75 wrote:
aural wrote:

Sounds like Mr Bean.

Lol this one is padlock without sound. I think u put padlock, anyone pass by will take a look at your car.

haha..this one go where do?? mancando got do anot?
got 2 way anot? haha.

jeremy75

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 13th October 2009, 7:46 pm

Well, I think thanks to my 2 way alarm, when my car was knocked/scratched by someone who don't know how to park his car nicely, my alarm went off and now, we are arranging for him to fix up my car...

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 13th October 2009, 9:47 pm

sorry to borrow this thread, i got one alarm from some webby.....may i know any good shop to install it, and how much it cost? or is it possible to get CNC workshop to install for me FOC during my 1k service?

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 13th October 2009, 10:28 pm

leon76 wrote:sorry to borrow this thread, i got one alarm from some webby.....may i know any good shop to install it, and how much it cost? or is it possible to get CNC workshop to install for me FOC during my 1k service?

You first time owned a car?

All car alarm installation is chargable, and some workshop dun even want to install for you if the product is not purchase from them. They afraid you push the fault to them in case your car alarm is malfunction or defective lor need alarm anot? Icon_lol !
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 14th October 2009, 12:01 am

jameshong wrote:
leon76 wrote:sorry to borrow this thread, i got one alarm from some webby.....may i know any good shop to install it, and how much it cost? or is it possible to get CNC workshop to install for me FOC during my 1k service?

You first time owned a car?

All car alarm installation is chargable, and some workshop dun even want to install for you if the product is not purchase from them. They afraid you push the fault to them in case your car alarm is malfunction or defective lor need alarm anot? Icon_lol !

First time to own new car need alarm anot? Icon_biggrin , my last ride already security ready when i bought it

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th October 2009, 12:03 am

kevinhwc wrote:Well, I think thanks to my 2 way alarm, when my car was knocked/scratched by someone who don't know how to park his car nicely, my alarm went off and now, we are arranging for him to fix up my car...

Btw, the 2 way alarm means the device on your key will sound out right?
What's the range of your alarm?
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by mkkiaforte 14th October 2009, 12:07 am

Hi bros,

How about wheel lock? Is it more effective in preventing car theft?
mkkiaforte
mkkiaforte

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 14th October 2009, 12:29 am

aural wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:Well, I think thanks to my 2 way alarm, when my car was knocked/scratched by someone who don't know how to park his car nicely, my alarm went off and now, we are arranging for him to fix up my car...

I guess it's around 300-500m bah... but manual wrote 5km need alarm anot? Icon_eek .... can only be achieved if you have an empty field that's 5km.. hahahah... the remote will vibrate and sound if the alarm goes off and if you are within the range..

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th October 2009, 12:31 am

kevinhwc wrote:
aural wrote:

I guess it's around 300-500m bah... but manual wrote 5km need alarm anot? Icon_eek .... can only be achieved if you have an empty field that's 5km.. hahahah... the remote will vibrate and sound if the alarm goes off and if you are within the range..

My EX comes with 1 way, looks like i may want to upgrade to the 2 way alarm... Will be better i think but of course tt is if u are always within range Laughing
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 14th October 2009, 12:36 am

kevinhwc wrote:
aural wrote:

Hi Bro,
Can ur one remote engine start? Do you know how it work? Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 15th October 2009, 3:29 am

Hi, all

anyone tried GSM 2 way... kind of thinking to get that from ZMC.. but then really not keen in using those bling bling controller.. anyone with any review?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 15th October 2009, 2:54 pm

Forte899 wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:
aural wrote:

Hi Bro,

Can remote start need alarm anot? 332362 ... just press and hold on to one of the button and the car will start. When you are near your car unlock with the remote and plug in your key, turn 2 notch and you are set to go... but if you do not plug in your key after 12 or 15 mins (can't remember), it will off by itself... the car will then be armed (not sure if it will be locked, heard some bro say it will not be locked but I have yet to try to leave the engine start for so long).. hehehe need alarm anot? Fresse

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 15th October 2009, 3:56 pm

kevinhwc wrote:
Forte899 wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:
aural wrote:

Hi Bro,

Can remote start need alarm anot? 332362 ... just press and hold on to one of the button and the car will start. When you are near your car unlock with the remote and plug in your key, turn 2 notch and you are set to go... but if you do not plug in your key after 12 or 15 mins (can't remember), it will off by itself... the car will then be armed (not sure if it will be locked, heard some bro say it will not be locked but I have yet to try to leave the engine start for so long).. hehehe need alarm anot? Fresse

Hear say that the remote engine starts will have to cut your partial car key inserted into the ignition key hole, is it true? otherwise how is the engine starts? and bro, is yours a 2way LT700 model? what happen if you forgot to lock your car and move off, will it auto lock your car?

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 15th October 2009, 4:02 pm

Forte899 wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:
Forte899 wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:
aural wrote:

Hi Bro,

Hear say that the remote engine starts will have to cut your partial car key inserted into the ignition key hole, is it true? otherwise how is the engine starts? and bro, is yours a 2way LT700 model? what happen if you forgot to lock your car and move off, will it auto lock your car?

Remote start no need to cut the keys... that's for push start button... I'm no guru in cars... so I don't know how it starts with the remote... I only know it can start coz tried mine.. hahaha...

Mine's LT700... Not sure if it will lock but I know it will ARM the car..

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 15th October 2009, 4:07 pm

Thanks bro kevinhwc. need alarm anot? Icon_cheers

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 15th October 2009, 5:03 pm

No worries... the alarm is quite good... if you interested can contact Kenneth.. his nick is zmc in this forum... can look at the GB page for the GB..

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 15th October 2009, 5:11 pm

kevinhwc wrote:No worries... the alarm is quite good... if you interested can contact Kenneth.. his nick is zmc in this forum... can look at the GB page for the GB..

Btw, did you installed any of the optional device ie.. uWave , Trunk release or auto windup windows? if you do, can comment some? and Is the remote handy in size? Thanks bro.

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 15th October 2009, 5:25 pm

Forte899 wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:No worries... the alarm is quite good... if you interested can contact Kenneth.. his nick is zmc in this forum... can look at the GB page for the GB..

Btw, did you installed any of the optional device ie.. uWave , Trunk release or auto windup windows? if you do, can comment some? and Is the remote handy in size? Thanks bro.

Remote size is ok... acceptable for a 2 way remote. I installed the trunk release and the uWave (i called it motion sensor). Top up a bit for the front car bonnet trip as well, ie if the front bonnet is opened, alarm will go off as well... stock one doesn't.. Never do the auto windup of windows coz I don't usually open the windows...

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte899 15th October 2009, 5:37 pm

kevinhwc wrote:
Forte899 wrote:

Remote size is ok... acceptable for a 2 way remote. I installed the trunk release and the uWave (i called it motion sensor). Top up a bit for the front car bonnet trip as well, ie if the front bonnet is opened, alarm will go off as well... stock one doesn't.. Never do the auto windup of windows coz I don't usually open the windows...

So, how much you've paid for the bonnet trip? and how long it takes to install? sorry, for so many question asked. Thanks

Forte899

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 15th October 2009, 5:47 pm

1 hr plus... cannot remember liao.. ard 10-15 i think... ask the installer when u are there.... installation takes 1 hr plus.. better dun rush them, else u haf to go back if anything goes wrong.. hahha

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down