Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Organising DIY Aircon insulation

+62
cooki
tiny
rapellez
BiG^rOn
Kucha
Yewcg
mehmehhh
thinkforte
xcaliber
darksoul
mighty meow
moop
kiaforteclub
kezman
petertan
Forte002
edmundino
Kiang
hellbabe
Dark Knight
Teryau
b0yc0tt
hsjose
DaveConnell78
piyopiyo2199
genexis
aswalkersg
cpt_zr
genevievepearly
rajsankar
Elixir99
KingJerry
nightfever
KnightRider
Juz@kid
xenocide
ctoh
Siaoster
kapitan
mkkiaforte
crazyfox
boardrider02
joepele
ace
Kailong
vincent76
daniu82
andikong
Potatoes
karabi
kqkhlj
forte-red
keigo
kenincf
Hello Kitty
jimixer
patsy
arkaraka
JuanST
aural
pessimizt
Shaq
66 posters

:: General :: Meet Ups

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty Re: Organising DIY Aircon insulation

Post by daniu82 14th October 2009, 10:42 pm

Then I can find someone to share the bottle with mi le....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Empty Re: Organising DIY Aircon insulation

Post by aural 14th October 2009, 11:12 pm

daniu82 wrote:Then I can find someone to share the bottle with mi le....

TMM wor. Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Icon_lol
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 14th October 2009, 11:15 pm

aural wrote:

wat's TMM??

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 14th October 2009, 11:19 pm

tan man man ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th October 2009, 11:24 pm

daniu82 wrote:
aural wrote:

wat's TMM??

Tian Mi Mi, ni xiao de Tian Mi Mi. Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 256379
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 14th October 2009, 11:30 pm

aural wrote:
daniu82 wrote:
aural wrote:

wat's TMM??

Tian Mi Mi, ni xiao de Tian Mi Mi. Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 256379

LoLz... 2 ppl to 1 car is faster mah....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 14th October 2009, 11:35 pm

Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Icon_razz
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 15th October 2009, 5:18 pm

Hey guys,

can anyone recommand the cleaning agent for windscreen so that there will be less stains or for easier maintenance? if possible can u show me on sunday? i find it rather hard to clean i tried using tissues n it result in some scratches... sian...

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 15th October 2009, 5:30 pm

Plain water + Microfibre cloth ! Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Icon_razz
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 15th October 2009, 5:54 pm

Autoglym resin polish
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 15th October 2009, 11:49 pm

okok...thanks guys...its thursday n its ending...haha....looking forward to the coming holiday!!!!

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 16th October 2009, 10:17 am

Shaq wrote:okok...thanks guys...its thursday n its ending...haha....looking forward to the coming holiday!!!!

2 more days Twisted Evil Looking forward to the artic cold air con. lol...
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 16th October 2009, 12:25 pm

guys.please pm me ur contacts...at least u can call me if u cant find the place right?

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 17th October 2009, 10:19 pm

Haha, i found 1 mt essence bottle at the carpark today, will bring alone tmr, can share share.

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 17th October 2009, 10:25 pm

Read fm other topics tat is better not to switch on aircon before the diy?

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 18th October 2009, 9:03 am

kqkhlj wrote:Read fm other topics tat is better not to switch on aircon before the diy?

Yes yes please try not to switch on air-con while driving to the air-con DIY later.
It is to prevent condensation on the pipes. Thanks for reminding kqkhlj ! Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 332362
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 18th October 2009, 9:40 am

Even if there is condensation on the pipe, we still can proceed with the air con insulation job right?
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 18th October 2009, 11:14 am

kenincf wrote:Even if there is condensation on the pipe, we still can proceed with the air con insulation job right?

er... later pipe wet wet how to use the glue to stick the insulation material. have to wait very long before it dry up mah, i just guessing, maybe its the logic behind.

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by forte-red 18th October 2009, 12:28 pm

hi guys, which level are we suppose to meet later? Smile
forte-red
forte-red

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 18th October 2009, 12:41 pm

forte-red wrote:hi guys, which level are we suppose to meet later? Smile

I also dunno wor..... Just find a place with lots of Fortes lor... LoLz....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 18th October 2009, 12:48 pm

Can i even survive without air-con from Jurong to tpy? Faint!
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 18th October 2009, 12:49 pm

karabi wrote:Can i even survive without air-con from Jurong to tpy? Faint!

LoLz... I am going from Jurong too.... Bear with it ba... Smile

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 18th October 2009, 12:53 pm

Lol. Worse thing is i need to fetch my mum to SIMEI, then back to TPY.

Jurong to Simei = 35km
Simei to TPY = 15km
Traveling without air-con = priceless

There are some things money can't buy. =S
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 18th October 2009, 12:55 pm

karabi wrote:Lol. Worse thing is i need to fetch my mum to SIMEI, then back to TPY.

Jurong to Simei = 35km
Simei to TPY = 15km

LoLz.... then ur mom have to endure with you also..... Tat's very bad....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th October 2009, 12:59 pm

just use the a/c ... then wipe the water droplets off the pipe with a cloth before any wrapping.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 18th October 2009, 1:45 pm

Haha, YAY~

No la, to save time, bring my mum = with air-con
To TPY, without air-con. =)
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 18th October 2009, 2:11 pm

karabi wrote:Lol. Worse thing is i need to fetch my mum to SIMEI, then back to TPY.

Jurong to Simei = 35km
Simei to TPY = 15km

Er...buy bags of ice and ask mum to hold? Can? haha... Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Lol

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 18th October 2009, 2:14 pm

off the air con about 10min prior reaching. With the hot hot engine, 10min more than enough to "heat" up your pipes.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 18th October 2009, 2:21 pm

ello...sorry ah...was bz this 2 days...i parked my car at level 3A...if not is 3B...right below the highest level...got shelter.... Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 332362

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 18th October 2009, 2:29 pm

Shaq wrote:ello...sorry ah...was bz this 2 days...i parked my car at level 3A...if not is 3B...right below the highest level...got shelter.... Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 332362

Maybe i go earlier. Just got a call from my friend who need to send his pet to vet urgently. I'll keep the materials then for him or if not enuff, i'll ask him to join the next DIY. Might be good to get a place towards the end where lesser traffic also. Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 332362
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 18th October 2009, 7:01 pm

Dear all,

Thank everyone for making this session successful...

Special Thanks to Andi for coming to coach us and to pessimizt for assisting us to fix up the aircon...

Hope to see you guys soon...

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 18th October 2009, 10:09 pm

Yeap thanks to the 2 old birds. Nice to see all and also Potatoes' son is very guai. We do the air con 2hr + he no make noise lol.

One thing though, Do take a look at your bay after driving a little. Some of the stickers may actually loosen so tighten them and i think should last long long. Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 332362
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 18th October 2009, 10:12 pm

Thanks to Andi and Pessimizt for coming down to explain, impart knowledge and help us in our DIY session.

And also to Shaq for choosing a nice MSCP carpark for us....I think your Dad makes some cooling tea for us too... didn't get a chance to sample it...too busy bending over my car...all gone by the time I look up...haha. Very thirsty fellas....haha...

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 18th October 2009, 10:19 pm

ace wrote:Thanks to Andi and Pessimizt for coming down to explain, impart knowledge and help us in our DIY session.

And also to Shaq for choosing a nice MSCP carpark for us....I think your Dad makes some cooling tea for us too... didn't get a chance to sample it...too busy bending over my car...all gone by the time I look up...haha. Very thirsty fellas....haha...

yeah very very hot day. I feel like i was in the sun though there is shelter.... Now aching all over. The cooling tea is Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 332362
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 18th October 2009, 10:55 pm

Yup,

Thanks once again to Andikong and Pessimizt for their help. Also thanks to all the bros there too. Managed to find my way back to PIE.

Enjoyed the back-breaking exercise! =0
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by forte-red 18th October 2009, 11:27 pm

hi, thanks all for DIY session.
Sorry that have to make a move so fast as got something else to attend.
Hope to meet up with you guys again soon.
cheers Smile
forte-red
forte-red

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 19th October 2009, 7:44 am

Hi Forte brothers.... thanks for all ur help in this DIY session.
Uncle Andikong, really appreciate your patience to teach us the correct procedures and also ur invaluable sharing.

Here are some pics which my son took....

Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Diy_ai13
on-the-job training...

Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Diy_ai14
Forte brothers fully engage in their DIY

Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Diy_ai15
Finally, after abt 2hrs of hard work.... job done!
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 19th October 2009, 8:52 am

First of all, sorry guys for mixing up the timing with Sat MU. I thought the DIY session was 3pm and was late. So paisey. Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Icon_redface

Also a brilliant suggestion to mass produce each part. Much faster this way too !

I see this time round the adhesive tape and cable ties are all used up too.

Enjoy the new 'add-on' ! Cheers.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 19th October 2009, 9:14 am

wootz another successful DIY session !!

any more pics to post ??? Twisted Evil
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 19th October 2009, 9:52 am

Enjoy your "new" air-con, guys...
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 19th October 2009, 10:10 am

tried on the "new a/c"last night...din feel too much diff. was on 20degree fan 1 normally, den tried on 21degree fan 1. feel hot thou...but den again yesterday was so hot that i perspire imeediately after my shower.

will monitor n update u guys...can u guys also provide somefeedback?

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 19th October 2009, 12:41 pm

Shaq wrote:tried on the "new a/c"last night...din feel too much diff. was on 20degree fan 1 normally, den tried on 21degree fan 1. feel hot thou...but den again yesterday was so hot that i perspire imeediately after my shower.

Have difference actually, slight though. But you also have to be driving for about 5-10min before the coolness kick in. Else you still need to put fan 2. Afterall no matter how Fan2 is definitely stronger in the wind and most of us prefer to have circulation of air.

One thing about the air con Fan 2 speed is it is noisy.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 19th October 2009, 3:06 pm

Anymore session available for new owners who collected cars?
I'll be collecting today...
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 19th October 2009, 4:48 pm

If you missed the session, do like me, DIY (do it yourself). Very Happy
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by daniu82 19th October 2009, 10:51 pm

I feel got diff leh, maybe it's placebo effect.... LoLz.... My setting is 23 degrees and speed 2..... Most of the time, i will turn down to speed 1 or off the air con cos it's getting too cold for mi....

daniu82

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 19th October 2009, 11:23 pm

kenincf wrote:If you missed the session, do like me, DIY (do it yourself). Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

i'll DIY if i know how to loh... at least materials and advise/guidance is needed mah Smile Smile
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 20th October 2009, 12:11 am

Yup, not sure if really is placebo effect, or can tell the difference.

For me, I set 25°C, Fan speed 1 normally. A bit warm but save petrol. But now, it is more than sufficient for me. =)
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 20th October 2009, 12:22 am

xenocide wrote:
i'll DIY if i know how to loh... at least materials and advise/guidance is needed mah Smile Smile

there is a thread somewhere. PDF file of how to DIY the air-con. With all the material list too.

Either that or you can start another DIY session for the other bros out there too? =)
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 20th October 2009, 1:29 pm

kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 20th October 2009, 6:24 pm

Shaq wrote:tried on the "new a/c"last night...din feel too much diff. was on 20degree fan 1 normally, den tried on 21degree fan 1. feel hot thou...but den again yesterday was so hot that i perspire imeediately after my shower.

Ermmmm.....i think the weather this few days is also terrible. I also have to blast fan 2 all the way during hot afternoons. Only switch to fan 1 during early morning and evening drives. Organising DIY Aircon insulation - Page 3 Icon_sad
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next