Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Follow by Servicing Date or mileage?

+13
Forte2010
swat_kh
tarepanda_lyh
BlackSpider
solaris
fonefun610
jl1500k
KnGp
aural
tiny
tish
impact2001
graysgerald79
17 posters

Go down

Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty Follow by Servicing Date or mileage?

Post by graysgerald79 24th September 2009, 10:08 pm

Not sure if this question was asked before.... but here goes..

Mine is an OPC car so, mileage will not hit 6K so fast, but the C&C already send reminders through letters and sms, reminding me to go for servicing because the time has come for the 2nd servicing liaoz.... however, my mileage is still 3K++ nia....

My dad told me to ignore and go servicing when i reached 6K.....

any advice? Smile

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty Re: Follow by Servicing Date or mileage?

Post by impact2001 24th September 2009, 10:22 pm

go by mileage... Smile The letter they sent is just a reminder to you.. I did my 5k servicing at the mileage of 7k..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Empty Re: Follow by Servicing Date or mileage?

Post by tish 26th September 2009, 11:25 am

graysgerald79 wrote:Not sure if this question was asked before.... but here goes..

Mine is an OPC car so, mileage will not hit 6K so fast, but the C&C already send reminders through letters and sms, reminding me to go for servicing because the time has come for the 2nd servicing liaoz.... however, my mileage is still 3K++ nia....

any advice? Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Icon_smile
you dad is right, just concentrate on the mileage. i throw away the reminder sticker....

1k service meter read 1k
5k service meter read 6k
5k service meter read 11k
10k service meter read 21k
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 26th September 2009, 12:24 pm

Is there an expiry date to the first 2 free servicing? (I heard from my friend that nissan's service 3 free servcing need to be done within a year..)

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 26th September 2009, 12:32 pm

I think for the first 2 servicing, especially with mineral oil, it's best to change it based on time if you are unable to achieve the mileage within the specified period of time. It's because mineral oil tends to oxidise more easily under high temperature, and since your engine is new, the metal particles which are suspended within the oil is abrading the internals. With synthetic oil, the need to change the oil within the time frame isn't so urgent as synthetic oils has additives.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 27th September 2009, 1:35 am

tiny wrote:I think for the first 2 servicing, especially with mineral oil, it's best to change it based on time if you are unable to achieve the mileage within the specified period of time. It's because mineral oil tends to oxidise more easily under high temperature, and since your engine is new, the metal particles which are suspended within the oil is abrading the internals. With synthetic oil, the need to change the oil within the time frame isn't so urgent as synthetic oils has additives.

Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? 332362 For OPC this is one major problem, which is to hit the time to change syn oil. But if you want u can request them to do a change to syn oil (top up) more but at least you can dun need to worry so much about time for the Syn oil. But also dun wait too long between oil changes.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by KnGp 27th September 2009, 4:28 am

but will delaying servicing void warranty? Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Confused
1st time owner here. hehe..
KnGp
KnGp

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 27th September 2009, 12:21 pm

KnGp wrote:but will delaying servicing void warranty? Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Confused
1st time owner here. hehe..

Date or mileage I think whichever come first. Same for tyres change at 40K or 2 years.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 29th September 2009, 1:21 pm

mine if OPC too, i just received the reminder for next servicing, but my mileage barely 2k only. so the verdict is, i should go for servicing becos i'm still running on mineral oil?

my last servicing is 4 july.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by solaris 8th January 2010, 4:54 pm

tish wrote:
graysgerald79 wrote:Not sure if this question was asked before.... but here goes..

any advice? Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Icon_smile
you dad is right, just concentrate on the mileage. i throw away the reminder sticker....

1k service meter read 1k
5k service meter read 6k
5k service meter read 11k
10k service meter read 21k

Hmmmmm... I thought servicing is at 1k, 5k, 10k...etc.

There's 2 x 5k servicing is it? I'm quite puzzled here.

I went for my 1k servicing, then scheduled to go for the 5k servicing. However, I went for my 5k servicing at milage 4700km+, now there have scheduled me for servicing again at 9700km+. Is there an error here? 'Cause thought next servicing will be at 4700+10000 = 14700km ?

Is it a norm to go through 2 x 5k servicing?
solaris
solaris

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSpider 8th January 2010, 7:04 pm

my 1st service i went at almost 3k. my 2nd service, i went at 9k plus! :p delayed my servicing date stated by a few weeks, no problem

BlackSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 9th January 2010, 3:06 pm

Problem may come when problems come. Car no problem of course no problem. Lol.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 12th January 2010, 12:03 pm

fonefun610 wrote:mine if OPC too, i just received the reminder for next servicing, but my mileage barely 2k only. so the verdict is, i should go for servicing becos i'm still running on mineral oil?

my last servicing is 4 july.

dun drag the servicing beyond 6 months for mineral oil, not good for engine
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by swat_kh 30th January 2010, 10:48 pm

hmmm, so for servicing, normally you will receive a reminder letter 1st after how long? Coz mine is OPC car too, havent receive any letter, but my mileage is 1.8k now. any idea? Thanks!
swat_kh
swat_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by solaris 30th January 2010, 11:03 pm

I booked my servicing for the 10k on the 29th this month....then I kena Chicken Pox. =(

Ayam ayam, why u come find me ? Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Icon_sad
solaris
solaris

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte2010 31st January 2010, 12:42 am

1000km and 5000km mileage is compulsory service at CnC ?

all the fee & cost are free rite?

Forte2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hsjose 31st January 2010, 3:16 am

If you still want yr warranty to be valid, you will need to send yr ride to them for servicing within the covering period.

My 1k servicing will be next Tues. Going to change to full syn oil and will be going back to them only during the 10k servicing, skipping the 5k. Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Icon_razz
hsjose
hsjose

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 31st January 2010, 3:59 am

Forte2010 wrote:1000km and 5000km mileage is compulsory service at CnC ?

You have to pay parts... first one is $50+ i believe...
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 1st February 2010, 9:57 am

swat_kh wrote:hmmm, so for servicing, normally you will receive a reminder letter 1st after how long? Coz mine is OPC car too, havent receive any letter, but my mileage is 1.8k now. any idea? Thanks!

from my own experience, on the 1st 1k, they dun send reminder
only after u start ur 1st 1k servicing with CnC, then they will send reminder on ur 5k servicing
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 1st February 2010, 10:00 am

winn wrote:
Forte2010 wrote:1000km and 5000km mileage is compulsory service at CnC ?

You have to pay parts... first one is $50+ i believe...

for 1k and 5k, only free labour cost
U still need to pay for the mineral engine oil ($51+)
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by banz86 1st February 2010, 2:47 pm

For my second sevicing i think i'm going for full syn. Or you guys recomend to wait till 3 change then go for full syn.

I ride too and find that mineral oil and full syn oil really got a lot of difference in power delivery wise after the engine is properly warmed up. Cos me first time car owner so not too sure. Have been riding at least 5 bikes now and that's what i did everytime, use only full syn.

banz86

Back to top Go down

Post by swat_kh 1st February 2010, 7:20 pm

tarepanda_lyh wrote:
swat_kh wrote:hmmm, so for servicing, normally you will receive a reminder letter 1st after how long? Coz mine is OPC car too, havent receive any letter, but my mileage is 1.8k now. any idea? Thanks!

only after u start ur 1st 1k servicing with CnC, then they will send reminder on ur 5k servicing

Thanks tarepanda,

Due to some mis-communication and being a 1st time owner, i missed my 1st 1k service. Going to do it at Eunos this Saturday where my mileage is 1.8k now! My stupid sale rep... Sad
swat_kh
swat_kh

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 2nd February 2010, 11:43 am

swat_kh wrote:
tarepanda_lyh wrote:

Thanks tarepanda,

Due to some mis-communication and being a 1st time owner, i missed my 1st 1k service. Going to do it at Eunos this Saturday where my mileage is 1.8k now! My stupid sale rep... Sad

not to worry lar...just treat that ur run-in last longer Follow by Servicing Date or mileage? Icon_razz
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 2nd February 2010, 11:40 pm

aft 1k service, they put a sticker at ur front windscreen, state teh next service is 6k or ddmmyy which ever comes early...oil have lifespan, even for syn oil, better change it at least half a year

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down