Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Dilemma Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Dilemma Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Dilemma Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Dilemma Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Dilemma Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Dilemma Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Dilemma Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Dilemma Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Dilemma Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Dilemma

+11
arkaraka
ahd0t
add001
nothing
kysoong
lukester
1Seth1
jimixer
jameshong
pessimizt
DarkEmperor
15 posters

Go down

Dilemma Empty Dilemma

Post by DarkEmperor 20th August 2009, 10:46 am

Sad. I haven't test driven any cars but now that my wife is pregnant, I am thinking of getting one. In fact I am also considering 2nd hand ones. But if 1st hand cerato forte costs only 14k more than a 3 yr old altis or latio, why not?

I have some experience with KIA vehicles. In fact my dad drives an old magentis. He still does. The car is comfortable, very stable at high speeds etc but electronics keep failing - aircon stop working, lights of gauges don't come on, signal light ****, dashboard glove compartment light **** after aircon repairs (never switches on or permanently switched on...) and glove compartment cannot close properly. 80kmph and more the driver side window got air leaking sound. Complain 10000 times already still same. That said, I am aware that the service centre is quite **** up considering what they have done for my dad's car previously.

So if given a choice, I wouldn't buy any KIA vehicles but cerato forte is too **** chio. I haven't seen the car in real life. I see the brochure I want to ejaculate already. But then it's plagued with QC problems as a lot of forumers have mentioned. If eventually these problems get solved, then I will most likely get it. If not, then it's a real pity.

On the other hand, I have heard of nothing but praises for avante. Spacious, quiet, comfortable, etc. But is looks really fugly. I can't bring myself to like the shape.

Dear bros and sisters, please give me some advice. Anyway, why only C&C selling KIA vehicles. Should let another company bring it in also. Don't let those ******* have monopoly.

DarkEmperor

Back to top Go down

Dilemma Empty Re: Dilemma

Post by pessimizt 20th August 2009, 11:07 am

Having said that, why not just go down to showroom to test drive both vehicles and compare. thumbsup
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 20th August 2009, 11:10 am

See to believe and test to proof lol! !

Go down to showroom la... grin
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkEmperor 20th August 2009, 11:15 am

Yes la! I go give in to temptation liao lar. Today go showroom see. Will feedback soon then can join the waiting thread and kpkb together lolol.

DarkEmperor

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 20th August 2009, 11:18 am

Come for Forte Meet Up 5! cheers
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Seth1 20th August 2009, 11:22 am

forte is a happening car lah.. but be prepared for problems, all the people here driving or waiting to drive the car are already prepared as they know its a korean car.

Now price vs value. dollar for dollar forte is a better buy..

reliability no one can be sure of it even japanese cars have problems too right? =D
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 20th August 2009, 11:23 am

i think he needs it soon, before meet up 5 he might have placed an order i am sure
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 20th August 2009, 11:37 am

maybe the car will arrive just in time for the new born? thumbsup
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 20th August 2009, 2:19 pm

Forte is a value for money buy and Avante is a proven car with good insulation and quiet engine...put this 2 side by side, in term of look, only 1 choice which is FORTE!!!!!!! thumbsup
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 20th August 2009, 3:47 pm

pessimizt wrote:Having said that, why not just go down to showroom to test drive both vehicles and compare. thumbsup

Tatz exactly wat I've done.
Mixed-mind after looking at Forte & Avante.
So in the end, tested both & Forte won me over.
Went to Ubi & LengKee C&C too.
Finally, better customer service from LengKee was a key factor for me to get a Forte.
True enuf, Avante is quieter juz abit & feels like maybe abit more power in pickup when driving but who cares?
I dun.
Why wait?
Book a Forte today Bro. Very Happy thumbsup
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by ahd0t 20th August 2009, 4:18 pm

add001 wrote:
pessimizt wrote:Having said that, why not just go down to showroom to test drive both vehicles and compare. thumbsup

Finally, better customer service from LengKee was a key factor for me to get a Forte.
True enuf, Avante is quieter juz abit & feels like maybe abit more power in pickup when driving but who cares?
I dun.
Why wait?

yeap i was mixed minded also.. whole family asking me to choose pale between I30 and Forte.. I30 won me over initially but the value for money made me give in to forte hahahaha and now i'm glad i din choose i30 cause its simply not worth it.. avante has more pickup due to the weight i guess?? forte is about 150kg heavier then avante.. but then interior space and features and exterior looks, forte win hands down thumbsup
ahd0t
ahd0t

Back to top Go down

Post by arkaraka 20th August 2009, 4:25 pm

ahd0t wrote:
add001 wrote:

I dun.
Why wait?

yeap i was mixed minded also.. whole family asking me to choose pale between I30 and Forte.. I30 won me over initially but the value for money made me give in to forte hahahaha and now i'm glad i din choose i30 cause its simply not worth it.. avante has more pickup due to the weight i guess?? forte is about 150kg heavier then avante.. but then interior space and features and exterior looks, forte win hands down thumbsup

Forte is a "HEAD-TURNER"
if i30 or Avante went pass me, i will just think to myself -- "Just another Hyundai"
arkaraka
arkaraka

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkEmperor 20th August 2009, 7:59 pm

Today I went to take a look at the Cerato in ubi showroom. Since it was quite late, I decide to test drive on sat.

The sales guy told me that the new batch of 1.6 SX includes quite a number of changes like leather for door handle and steering wheel. In fact he took me upstairs to look at the actual cars. The aircon nobs will have chrome ring, the gray plastic around the CD player got a new metallic look too. Quite nice. I was really quite tempted.

I asked about the knocking sound, the cracking windscreen and condensation in the frontlights. He said knocking is due to suspension and has been fixed. Cracking windscreen problem has been fixed. Condensation he don't know. Any comments on these claims?

Weekend I am going to bring wife to see. Hopefully I can get to test drive both Avante and Forte, then my heart can be set. Jap cars are simply out of the reach now. No point considering.

EDIT: I don't know why I replied so singlishly at first. Probably due to uncontrolled excitement after seeing the car in real life. HAHA

Last edited by DarkEmperor on 20th August 2009, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

DarkEmperor

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 20th August 2009, 8:03 pm

DarkEmperor wrote:Today I went to see liao. But since it was quite late, I decide to test drive on sat.

The sales guy told me that the new batch of 1.6 SX got leather for door handle and steering wheel. In fact he took me upstairs to see also. The aircon nobs will have chrome ring, the gray plastic got a new metallic look too. Quite nice. I see liao gian lor. KNN. Really poison. Inside sit already also quite shiok.

I asked about the knocking sound, the cracking windscreen and condensation in the frontlights. He said knocking is due to suspension. Fixed. Cracking windscreen fixed. Condensation he don't know. Very steam.

Weekend I going to bring wife to see. Hopefully can get to test drive both Avante and Forte, then my heart can be set. Jap cars are simply out of the reach now. No point considering.

Remember b4 testdrive to ask for extra few rounds of testing & also try out expressway if SE is ok with tat.
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 20th August 2009, 8:46 pm

DarkEmperor wrote:Today I went to take a look at the Cerato in ubi showroom. Since it was quite late, I decide to test drive on sat.

The sales guy told me that the new batch of 1.6 SX includes quite a number of changes like leather for door handle and steering wheel. In fact he took me upstairs to look at the actual cars. The aircon nobs will have chrome ring, the gray plastic around the CD player got a new metallic look too. Quite nice. I was really quite tempted.

I asked about the knocking sound, the cracking windscreen and condensation in the frontlights. He said knocking is due to suspension and has been fixed. Cracking windscreen problem has been fixed. Condensation he don't know. Any comments on these claims?

Weekend I am going to bring wife to see. Hopefully I can get to test drive both Avante and Forte, then my heart can be set. Jap cars are simply out of the reach now. No point considering.

EDIT: I don't know why I replied so singlishly at first. Probably due to uncontrolled excitement after seeing the car in real life. HAHA

i bet ur wife n u will consider forte. because initially i also thinking of getting avante. then when i made a trip to kia to see see look look. then i saw forte which was in matt black, out of curious my friend n i asked to test drive it. then i decided that my first car will be forte liao.
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 20th August 2009, 10:13 pm

problems is always part of e packages when u buy sumthing... but as long as its under warranty shld be a relieve...

u still got time to decide.... Forte or Avante..
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st August 2009, 12:43 am

Hope you will chose Forte as your first choice and we will see you soon angel
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 21st August 2009, 1:04 am

Beside the car, dun forget the Warm, Friendly & Nice people too!!! Embarassed
hiak hiak hiak... grin

Hope you can join our growing Forte family for MU5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... cheers
jimixer wrote:Come for Forte Meet Up 5! cheers
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 21st August 2009, 2:16 am

I didn't even have time to test drive avante... I have already signed the paper for Forte after having the 1st glance.... Smile

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 21st August 2009, 8:53 am

actually the dilemma is only involved a 1-tier decision matrix - i.e. whether to buy Forte or not, hence no need to consider other models if your heart is attracted to Forte. grin

The more factors u consider, the longer the wait for your car and by then u will be celebrating ur child's first birthday... Suspect
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down