Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables

+10
Cypher
nocash
bushi_do
tish
lukester
PillowER
dandeana21
kysoong
JuanST
Eviltrap
14 posters

Go down

? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty ? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables

Post by Eviltrap 20th August 2009, 9:58 am

Hi, as some of you may know, I just got my Mag. I realised that my Mag's exhaust is pointing downwards, and it's not protruding out like most vehicles. Whenever I off the engine, and open the driver's back passenger seat, I noted a foul smell. My gf also complained of the smell. We believe it is from the exhaust.

So my concern is, is this common? My Impreza didn't produce such foul smell before, but the exhaust is pointing to the back, so not really a good comparison. But I can safely say that when I open the boot of my Impreza, I will not smell any pungent smell. The smell is like something burning, so I assume it is from the exhaust.

Another thing I noted is that there is a set of cables hanging just above my accelerator which I will occasionally touch if I left my right leg a little too high. I saw from threads in the past saying it could be the BT set cables. Is there anyway to rectify this? I wouldn't want to accidently yank the thing off. Can I ask them to fiz this problem when I go for my 1st 1000km servicing?

Thanks in advance for any replies. Very Happy
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty Re: ? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables

Post by JuanST 20th August 2009, 10:24 am

u can wait until ur 1k servicing.... but if i am in ur situation, i will call service center and get their opinion.... they might just ask u to come immediately....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables Empty Re: ? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables

Post by Eviltrap 20th August 2009, 10:36 am

juansobrangtamad wrote:u can wait until ur 1k servicing.... but if i am in ur situation, i will call service center and get their opinion.... they might just ask u to come immediately....

Should I continue to monitor a few more days, or should I call the Service Centre or my SE to clarify?

My SE seems to have forgotten how to reply me after handing over the car to me. Only after a strong worded sms from me prompted a reply from him. mad
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 20th August 2009, 10:42 am

the SEs are like tat.. they will tend to forget who u r once u got the car and they got their $$$...
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 20th August 2009, 10:42 am

u can actually send it down to the servicing centre to get them fix the problems for u.. they should not be charging any servicing charges coz i ever done dat b4..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 20th August 2009, 11:05 am

kysoong wrote:the SEs are like tat.. they will tend to forget who u r once u got the car and they got their $$$...

Yeah, it seems my SE is just like that. No
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 20th August 2009, 11:07 am

dandeana21 wrote:u can actually send it down to the servicing centre to get them fix the problems for u.. they should not be charging any servicing charges coz i ever done dat b4..

Should I got down during my 1K servicing, or just call for an appointment straightaway and get it done ASAP?
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 20th August 2009, 11:10 am

ur call bro.....

if u can tahan and dun have the time.... u can wait.
if u cannot tahan or have the time...... u call or go...
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 20th August 2009, 12:16 pm

juansobrangtamad wrote:ur call bro.....

if u can tahan and dun have the time.... u can wait.
if u cannot tahan or have the time...... u call or go...

Guess I'll let my SE know and see what he says about it. IF he replys at all. If he dun, I'll just call the Service Centre directly. Evil or Very Mad
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by PillowER 20th August 2009, 12:40 pm

Cool down, SE sell car not service car.

Maybe u should drop by any nearby service centre and let the technician have a check on your problem.

When I just got my car, third day I have to go back liao, because there condensation inside my head-light. Afterwhich, they fix it for me. Think they never QC our car properly......... scratch
PillowER
PillowER

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 20th August 2009, 3:15 pm

hmm not all SE are like tat ley.

min for one still service me well. will still reply me even though not very promptly and also my demanding request.

anyway, that aside, it would be recommended that you send in the service centre to retify the problem early. Its more for health concern from the fuse. Imagine you wait for 1K then you would have inhaled 2.5 tanks of petrol fumes liao.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 20th August 2009, 5:24 pm

bro, if the smell is a leak from ur exhaust into ur car, u have a very high risk of carbon monoxide poisoning... request for a change of car immediately... Shocked
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 20th August 2009, 7:29 pm

tish wrote:bro, if the smell is a leak from ur exhaust into ur car, u have a very high risk of carbon monoxide poisoning... request for a change of car immediately... Shocked

The smell is not in the car while driving. Only smell it when we stop and get out of the car. Of course, after opening the car door, the smell permeates in as well.

Surprisingly, when I drove home just now, there was no smell. Maybe I'll continue to monitor it again. Could it be the petrol used?
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by bushi_do 20th August 2009, 7:36 pm

i hope it's not a leakage in your boot...if not it's quite impossible to smell the exhaust..

but most importantly is better not be fart..
bushi_do
bushi_do

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 20th August 2009, 11:15 pm

Eviltrap wrote:Hi, as some of you may know, I just got my Mag. I realised that my Mag's exhaust is pointing downwards, and it's not protruding out like most vehicles. Whenever I off the engine, and open the driver's back passenger seat, I noted a foul smell. My gf also complained of the smell. We believe it is from the exhaust.

So my concern is, is this common? My Impreza didn't produce such foul smell before, but the exhaust is pointing to the back, so not really a good comparison. But I can safely say that when I open the boot of my Impreza, I will not smell any pungent smell. The smell is like something burning, so I assume it is from the exhaust.

Another thing I noted is that there is a set of cables hanging just above my accelerator which I will occasionally touch if I left my right leg a little too high. I saw from threads in the past saying it could be the BT set cables. Is there anyway to rectify this? I wouldn't want to accidently yank the thing off. Can I ask them to fiz this problem when I go for my 1st 1000km servicing?

Bro, Forte exhaust is also pointing downwards, did you do tuff coat?
Maybe is the smell of it.
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 20th August 2009, 11:38 pm

Bro, try to drive one more week so any adhesive/glue or whatever (from factory) will evaporate. If after one week still got smell then send to w/s ASAP.

PS - Carbon monoxide is odourless.
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 21st August 2009, 6:53 pm

nocash wrote:
Eviltrap wrote:Hi, as some of you may know, I just got my Mag. I realised that my Mag's exhaust is pointing downwards, and it's not protruding out like most vehicles. Whenever I off the engine, and open the driver's back passenger seat, I noted a foul smell. My gf also complained of the smell. We believe it is from the exhaust.

Bro, Forte exhaust is also pointing downwards, did you do tuff coat?
Maybe is the smell of it.

I don't have tuff coat on my ride.

Cypher wrote:Bro, try to drive one more week so any adhesive/glue or whatever (from factory) will evaporate. If after one week still got smell then send to w/s ASAP.

PS - Carbon monoxide is odourless.

I've tried again today, and the smell is still there at the back. But not as strong, so maybe it is evaporating? Hope there's nothing wrong.

However, today I changed my shoe, and found the cables hindering me. My cables kept on getting in the way of my right leg! mad
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 21st August 2009, 7:11 pm

Is the smell like those type of rubbery smell (tink thats the best to describe it)

I got that smell too on the first week of collecting my ride near to the back but after that the smell is gone. I also dunno what tat smell is
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 21st August 2009, 7:38 pm

Eviltrap wrote:However, today I changed my shoe, and found the cables hindering me. My cables kept on getting in the way of my right leg! mad

A pack of black medium-sized cable ties and a large nail-clipper to fully trim the excess can do wonders for the mess that is under the dash console. thumbsup

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 21st August 2009, 11:46 pm

OT for a while... bro eviltrap, I am excited to see the latest Magentis, can post some pictures of your ride? Thanks. Very Happy

back to the topic, my previous ride also had its exhaust tip pointed down and yes there was a smell when standing near the boot. So I always wind down the windows when driving to prevent CO build-up. You may want to adopt this habit. thumbsup
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 21st August 2009, 11:52 pm

Ya.. want showcase your magentis??

Perhaps u can try buy a charcoal neutraliser to remove those smell..
As for the smell, i believe is quite a norm for new cars but normally a week later these smell will be gone forever.. If yours still lingering ard, i suggest u just get it check out.. No need wait till 1k.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 22nd August 2009, 10:01 am

Spiritseye wrote:Is the smell like those type of rubbery smell (tink thats the best to describe it)

I got that smell too on the first week of collecting my ride near to the back but after that the smell is gone. I also dunno what tat smell is

Hope you're right, bro. My gf and I have noted that the smell is not as strong now. Hopefully will go away soon.

waypoint wrote:
Eviltrap wrote:However, today I changed my shoe, and found the cables hindering me. My cables kept on getting in the way of my right leg! mad

A pack of black medium-sized cable ties and a large nail-clipper to fully trim the excess can do wonders for the mess that is under the dash console. thumbsup

BR,
w a y

I just took of picture to have a look yesterday. The cables are wrapped together, but they are dangling slightly down, hence getting in my leg's way. Maybe later go and see whether can rectify it myself. thumbsup

The White Cruiser wrote:OT for a while... bro eviltrap, I am excited to see the latest Magentis, can post some pictures of your ride? Thanks. Very Happy

back to the topic, my previous ride also had its exhaust tip pointed down and yes there was a smell when standing near the boot. So I always wind down the windows when driving to prevent CO build-up. You may want to adopt this habit. thumbsup

Let me clean my Mag a little and then I'll post some pictures. Hopefully later can do so. Due to the 7th month, and many people burning stuff, my Mag has lots of ashes coated on it. No

impact2001 wrote:Ya.. want showcase your magentis??

Perhaps u can try buy a charcoal neutraliser to remove those smell..
As for the smell, i believe is quite a norm for new cars but normally a week later these smell will be gone forever.. If yours still lingering ard, i suggest u just get it check out.. No need wait till 1k.

I'll showcase my Mag in the Expose Your Forte section when I'm done. grin
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 22nd August 2009, 8:55 pm

Here's a picture of my hanging cable. It's not really hanging very loose, but it's enough to cause discomfort when driving because my right foot always touches it.

? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables HangingCables2
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 23rd August 2009, 12:04 am

Watch out for the individual bunches which are *just* in contact with one another. The insulation tape the bunches are wrapped with, sometimes squeak on contact when the road gets bumpy. Solution? Cable-tie them together making sure you do not subject the wires to excessive tension. Then trim for neatness...

BR,
w a y

Eviltrap wrote:Here's a picture of my hanging cable. It's not really hanging very loose, but it's enough to cause discomfort when driving because my right foot always touches it.

? Foul smell from exhaust and hanging cables HangingCables2
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down