Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Bring own Motor Oil for servicing

+14
weehong
Bed
Divine
shawnseah82
joepele
aural
muff
leedevil
PillowER
balonglong_1979
1Seth1
lukester
karabi
turbo4ev
18 posters

Go down

Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty Bring own Motor Oil for servicing

Post by turbo4ev 8th August 2009, 11:32 pm

Any one done that?
wat grade of oil Synthetic oil to use for 10k?
0w20? 0w30?
by the way if we want to buy our own oil how many quart or liters to buy? is it the same for all engine? or different engine different amount of engine oil needed.
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Empty Re: Bring own Motor Oil for servicing

Post by karabi 9th August 2009, 9:27 pm

I heard from my uncle they dun allow u to bring your own motor oil for servicing wor. Correct me if i'm wrong. Smile
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 9th August 2009, 10:20 pm

not for CnC, they will give 1001 reasons for u not to do so.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Seth1 9th August 2009, 10:25 pm

correct. they don't allow that as they wanna sell their own EO.
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Post by balonglong_1979 9th August 2009, 11:53 pm

wow that sucks...

balonglong_1979

Back to top Go down

Post by PillowER 10th August 2009, 1:15 am

That's why, I still deciding on going back for my third servcing anot. ANy suggestion cos, I saw someone posted the third sevicing cost to be around S$150 to 170 which i think is qutie ex.....

Somemore limited choice of Synthetic oil to choose from, any idea what were mention were true??? confused
PillowER
PillowER

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 10th August 2009, 5:00 am

I believe theres another choice...we can ask CnC to do the inspection but dun change anything..go outside change watever u wan 2 change...dats wat my SE told me when i collected my ride..bt he mention major svc(40k,80k)...so e rest must check it out 1st...

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 10th August 2009, 10:09 am

leedevil wrote:I believe theres another choice...we can ask CnC to do the inspection but dun change anything..go outside change watever u wan 2 change...dats wat my SE told me when i collected my ride..bt he mention major svc(40k,80k)...so e rest must check it out 1st...

I think thats a good idea too.

At least don't have to cough out blood to pay everything they say change. Their parts and stuff are for sure more expensive than outside workshop.

But hopefully the things they recommend to change won't break as u travel to the next workshop. hahahaha
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 10th August 2009, 11:11 am

PillowER wrote:That's why, I still deciding on going back for my third servcing anot. ANy suggestion cos, I saw someone posted the third sevicing cost to be around S$150 to 170 which i think is qutie ex.....

Somemore limited choice of Synthetic oil to choose from, any idea what were mention were true??? confused

For servicing using Synthetic oil, the servicing cost of of $170 by CnC is not really very expensive (but outside workshop will surely be cheaper), I remember last time Kah Motor charged me $280 for normal 10K servicing with Synthetic oil.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 10th August 2009, 1:35 pm

muff wrote:For servicing using Synthetic oil, the servicing cost of of $170 by CnC is not really very expensive (but outside workshop will surely be cheaper), I remember last time Kah Motor charged me $280 for normal 10K servicing with Synthetic oil.....

I think now Kah Motor even more ex liao... I tht servicing all almost the same? Why Kah Motor is almost 2 times more ex than C & C?

Can someone enlighten me Question
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 13th September 2009, 3:02 pm

boring then. If their own engine oil is the same weight i dun mind. Anyone asked them about the oil weight?
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 13th September 2009, 5:33 pm

Actually, if you wanna bring your own oil, why do to Leng Kee?

Why not just bring it to any servicing shop?

Save the hassle...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 13th September 2009, 7:16 pm

joepele wrote:Actually, if you wanna bring your own oil, why do to Leng Kee?

Why not just bring it to any servicing shop?

Save the hassle...

True hor, won't void warranty right?
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 13th September 2009, 9:41 pm

Some people go out after servicing to outside to do oil change to protect their warranty.

Since forte so new better dun play play.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 13th September 2009, 10:04 pm

aural wrote:Some people go out after servicing to outside to do oil change to protect their warranty.

Dun play play mean die die must go back C&C to service? Due to our new forte there is still risk servicing outside correct me if i am wrong?
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th September 2009, 1:08 am

shawnseah82 wrote:
aural wrote:Some people go out after servicing to outside to do oil change to protect their warranty.

Dun play play mean die die must go back C&C to service? Due to our new forte there is still risk servicing outside correct me if i am wrong?

New cars in market i feel there are many unknown issues. We dunno what might void the warranty. If you are not worried about such issues, then no issues about going out to do your servicing. But for me since i spend so much on a car, just want to make sure things are in warranty when the needs arises bah. I kiasi =x My previous ride had some problem due to some after market sound system but since i did all my servicing at my dealer, they took care of the problem also. FOC.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 14th September 2009, 11:44 am

What warranty?

Void warranty for changing oil somewhere else?

Do it sound logical to you?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 14th September 2009, 11:45 am

aural wrote:
shawnseah82 wrote:

New cars in market i feel there are many unknown issues. We dunno what might void the warranty. If you are not worried about such issues, then no issues about going out to do your servicing. But for me since i spend so much on a car, just want to make sure things are in warranty when the needs arises bah. I kiasi =x My previous ride had some problem due to some after market sound system but since i did all my servicing at my dealer, they took care of the problem also. FOC.

IMHO, if there are other issues... send it to them and get it fixed @ the same time, else... why go back there and be conformed to their timings?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th September 2009, 11:50 am

joepele wrote:

What warranty?

Engine problem lor. We never know if we suay suay buy one with engine problem. Just something was discussed over my old car forum. Issue about engine oil and problems if engine spoilt and they accuse you of changing engine oil not to their specifications.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 14th September 2009, 11:54 am

bros for all ur info the warrenty do not cover engine only the throttle body lolx cos engine is wear and tear according to them.. i tried bring my own engine oil where i dun like shell guess wat they tell me... warranty will void cos u nv use our oil and they charge **** somemore... then i ask them wat warrenty u talking about?? engine in the first place is not covered by u all wat.. than he lan lan lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th September 2009, 11:57 am

joepele wrote:
aural wrote:
shawnseah82 wrote:

IMHO, if there are other issues... send it to them and get it fixed @ the same time, else... why go back there and be conformed to their timings?

The speakers i went outside install after car collection. A few months later heard some knocking sounds so my dealer workshop trace back to loose wirings of my speakers i installed outside and was fixed with no cost and not even labour though when i bring my car in i also dunno what was the problem since the car is under warranty and i went back for servicing every 10k.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 17th September 2009, 12:29 pm

When I ask my SE how come my friend warranty was void by C&C for his Lancer faulty gear box, she replied that C&C will void warranty on 2 consecutive servicings not done by them. If that's the case, I can't do what I did for my present car. I only go back to BM once a year during warranty period. After that, I never go back to them. With my current practice, I am still able to change VVTI gear, battery and shock absorber FOC from BM. If C&C so strict, then I will do major servicing 20K, 40K, 60K.... with them only. I think they can't void my warranty bah Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Icon_smile
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 17th September 2009, 2:54 pm

Bed wrote:When I ask my SE how come my friend warranty was void by C&C for his Lancer faulty gear box, she replied that C&C will void warranty on 2 consecutive servicings not done by them. If that's the case, I can't do what I did for my present car. I only go back to BM once a year during warranty period. After that, I never go back to them. With my current practice, I am still able to change VVTI gear, battery and shock absorber FOC from BM. If C&C so strict, then I will do major servicing 20K, 40K, 60K.... with them only. I think they can't void my warranty bah Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Icon_smile

Is this stated in the warrenty card?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 17th September 2009, 4:36 pm

joepele wrote:
Bed wrote:When I ask my SE how come my friend warranty was void by C&C for his Lancer faulty gear box, she replied that C&C will void warranty on 2 consecutive servicings not done by them. If that's the case, I can't do what I did for my present car. I only go back to BM once a year during warranty period. After that, I never go back to them. With my current practice, I am still able to change VVTI gear, battery and shock absorber FOC from BM. If C&C so strict, then I will do major servicing 20K, 40K, 60K.... with them only. I think they can't void my warranty bah Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Icon_smile

Is this stated in the warrenty card?

Can any brothers/sisters out there verify is it in the warranty card? Mine still waiting to bid COE.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 17th September 2009, 5:51 pm

I believe most companies' policies are as such if we missed out on some servicing with the dealers, we are deemed to have given up our warranty status. Whether the company want to keep super strict or more relax is up to individual company.

Their rationale is they will not warranty their parts if there are after market "changes" or servicing done by other companies.

If i am a manufacturer, i will also lay these ground rules but if i am a consumer i of course prefer not to have these rules.

i.e i go outside do my servicing and they do an oil change only and that also for some places claims this as servicing, but because of non checking of other things that are due to change, certain parts gets spoilt which should have been rectified in a servicing by them. I do see a point that why the companies would not want to "warranty" the cars on book.
Of course if we followed their servicing and things get spoilt of course they are liable and they do not keep to the warranty, i will wack them jialat jialat. If not i dun see why they need to honour it but out of customer service, the might want to do that. My previous ride's brand also mentioned this to keep my warranty intact.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by weehong 17th February 2010, 4:52 pm

so die die must service at CnC liao ==''' ?

weehong

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 17th February 2010, 5:57 pm

weehong wrote:so die die must service at CnC liao ==''' ?

It all depends if you still want your warranty. All AD are the same as they don't allow you to bring your own engine oil or service at other workshop.

If you want to be able to bang your table when need arises, I suggest that service at Cnc. This is espeically if your warranty if 5 years! In my experiences of car ownership, if you serviced your car at AD and still under warranty, most of time your replacement parts can be FOC.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 17th February 2010, 10:13 pm

its a 2 way thing. you want cnc to take care of your car, then you have to let them earn your $$.

if you dun want to let them earn, then they of course have the right to come with 101 reasons to void the warranty.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Godson 17th February 2010, 10:21 pm

xian man Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Icon_cry cos, being a 2 x Mitsubishi Lancer owner, servicing @ CNC is definitely not cheap!!!

Still awaiting my forte, Estimate Delivery, End Feb...

Anxiously waiting... Bring own Motor Oil for servicing 332362

forte3737 wrote:its a 2 way thing. you want cnc to take care of your car, then you have to let them earn your $$.

if you dun want to let them earn, then they of course have the right to come with 101 reasons to void the warranty.
Godson
Godson

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 18th February 2010, 1:06 pm

joepele wrote:

What warranty?

totally no logic. but that's the way it is.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 18th February 2010, 6:01 pm

aural wrote:I believe most companies' policies are as such if we missed out on some servicing with the dealers, we are deemed to have given up our warranty status. Whether the company want to keep super strict or more relax is up to individual company.

Their rationale is they will not warranty their parts if there are after market "changes" or servicing done by other companies.

If i am a manufacturer, i will also lay these ground rules but if i am a consumer i of course prefer not to have these rules.

i.e i go outside do my servicing and they do an oil change only and that also for some places claims this as servicing, but because of non checking of other things that are due to change, certain parts gets spoilt which should have been rectified in a servicing by them. I do see a point that why the companies would not want to "warranty" the cars on book.
Of course if we followed their servicing and things get spoilt of course they are liable and they do not keep to the warranty, i will wack them jialat jialat. If not i dun see why they need to honour it but out of customer service, the might want to do that. My previous ride's brand also mentioned this to keep my warranty intact.

So if I diligently send my car to CnC for servicing and something happened to my engine, I can claim warranty.. Bring own Motor Oil for servicing Icon_scratch
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down